Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#475923 Jan 11, 2013
Edit Grace...I would add that unfortunately not all are meant to teach. Your preacher should have been able to point you to the book of John that explains we become new creations in Christ and are no longer controlled by our sinful nature. So with that being the case and with God helping us that it why Jesus taught be perfect as your father in heaven is perfect. He wanted us to strive for perfection in God once we were no longer controlled by sin. He could have also pointed you to a verse that explains God never gives us a temptation we can not overcome or to the book of Matthew where it tells us give our burdens to God. Unfortunately sometimes teachers ill-equipped to teach will just make matters worse. I am not even close to a preacher and I could have answered those questions with scripture but this is not uncommon among teachers today

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#475924 Jan 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace 3....I am not mad at you for understanding as I dont think you do. My question is how do you think you do when you refuse to address dozens upon dozens of verses? I have seen pride and denial work in tandum before so this is nothing new but if you understand why do you refuse to give your intgerpretgations of scripture? And for that matter why do you rely so heavvily on commentaries?
Because the Grace message is easy to understand but a little difficult to explain to someone who doesnt want to accept it. I am not saying that to be mean but so many people just dont get it. I rely a lot on commentaries because they seem to be able to explain it more clearly. I promise one thing. Read what SimplyPut just posted. Doesnt that make more sense? Another thing that I noticed and you have bound to see this before. An unbeliever walks into a "legalistic type" church. He walks to the alter, he accepts Jesus Christ as His Lord. he is saved. The next week, the preacher is going to baptize him. He stands before the congregation in the water and the preacher probably reads one of the sinners prayers..Romans 10 or John 3:16 or even Acts 2:38..they ALL say almost the same thing..IF you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth, thou SHALT be SAVED and then dunks him under the water. The preacher and congregation hugs him and welcomes him into the family of God and new convert is thrilled to have eternal life in heaven ect..ect..HOWEVER, the same night he returns to church and the preacher starts preaching How they had to be soldiers and Fight the good fight and obey all the commandments or you will bust hell wide open....WHAT??? What happen to the sinners prayer? I thought you said i was a child of God and I have eternal life? But I will TRY to be perfect..Of course he will not be..Not this side of heaven but preacher leaves this out. After realizing that he is messing up more than he use to BECAUSE quess who comes after the new christian? SO he gives up and thinks that he was never saved to begin with BECAUSE he feels like a hypocrite now. See why so many sincere people leave the church? Its not because they didnt love God, Its because the preacher wasnt preaching the TRUTH..The Good News..the Gospel. maybe the preacher was sincere but only preached what he was taught or heard from other preachers. He failed to preach JESUS to them. Thats MY belief and thats what I will stand on FOREVER.EBDURE TO THE END. Fight the good fight of FAITH..not flesh.

Location hidden

#475925 Jan 11, 2013
Edit Grace..I am sorry but I have a hard time accepting someone that has received the truth by the Holy Spirit revealing things to her would instead have to resort to copying and pasting the beliefs of others. If having the Spirit for a teacher still causes you to copy the words of men, even after knowing from past experience how much knowledge they lack, then something is seriously wrong. And you wouldnt refuse to give your interpretatgion of so much scripture if your knowledge comes from the Spirit as you claim. Imo anyway. I think you simply dont know the Bible that well so you copy what other people say. Surely no man can teach it better than the Spirit right and the Spirit revealed the truth to you right? So the interpretations and answers ought to be freely flowing if you actually had the knowledge. Not to mean. Just calling it like I see it

Location hidden

#475926 Jan 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace...you end by saying Jesus taught the message to Paul? How did He do that? They never met? See this is my point. If what you are saying is true then Jesus would have lived, died, and resuurected with only the Jews knowing he died for sins. If what you say is correct that the teachings of Jesus didnt apply after the sacrifice then what reason would any Gentile have to believe Jesus died for their sins as well? And what Jew included Paul would think otherwise without using the teachings of Christ? The only way we could even know or be taught that Jesus died for the sins of ALL who come to the Father thru Him would be if His teachings still apply today? Does it make sense to you that Jesus would die for the sins of the world and not tell anybody but the Jews? Why would it take Paul repeating the teachings we already had from Christ to believe what Christ taught about the sacrifice and forgiveness of sins? And if Paul learned from Jesus then dont the teachings of Christ still apply?
Good question..Paul was refering to himself in this verse..2 cor. 12:2..I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows.was snatched away to paradise where he heard things that can't be expressed in words, things that humans cannot put into words. I don't know whether this happened to him physically or spiritually. Only God knows. And then again in Gal 1:11-12 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Gal 1:17-18 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days..thats when Peter accepted the grace message. Paul was to teach the gentiles, peter, james and John was to teach the Jews

Location hidden

#475927 Jan 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace 2...you said the truth comes from the spirit and the spirit revealed things to you. If He brings the truth and that He has revealed things to you, then why is answering something you refuse to do when I ask why the Spirit is sent to remind us of the teachings of Christ if they never applied to us (GENTILES)?You were the one who posted the verse that states that. Help me understand the reason you are reminded of teachings that no longer apply and never applied to you? And I know you stated you trust in Christ for salvation but do you believe you follow him? And if so, in what way?
Grace you missed this question again about why the Spirit reminds us of teachings that no longer apply and never applied to us and in which ways do you feel you follow Christ? Dont worry if I am unable to understand your answer. Just answer with the truth the Spirit has revealed to you. If I am lucky he will allow me to understand your answer but let me worry about that. Thx

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#475928 Jan 11, 2013
Good and Bad medicine

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine;but a broken spirit drieth the bones.Proverbs 17:22

Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop;but a good word maketh it glad.Proverbs 12:25

Nevertheless He left not himself without witness in that He did good and gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons filling our hearts with food and gladness.Acts 14:17

Why and for what may every child of God rejoice.

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord my soul shall be joyful in my God for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness.Isaiah 61:10

Location hidden

#475929 Jan 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace..I am sorry but I have a hard time accepting someone that has received the truth by the Holy Spirit revealing things to her would instead have to resort to copying and pasting the beliefs of others. If having the Spirit for a teacher still causes you to copy the words of men, even after knowing from past experience how much knowledge they lack, then something is seriously wrong. And you wouldnt refuse to give your interpretatgion of so much scripture if your knowledge comes from the Spirit as you claim. Imo anyway. I think you simply dont know the Bible that well so you copy what other people say. Surely no man can teach it better than the Spirit right and the Spirit revealed the truth to you right? So the interpretations and answers ought to be freely flowing if you actually had the knowledge. Not to mean. Just calling it like I see it
Then carry on with your belief. I am not trying to force this on you. Just answering questions. Knowing the bible Does NOT make someone a "better" Christian Skom. Even satan knows the bible so that doesnt mean anything. People didnt believe Paul either. He died for this gospel, just as John, Peter and James did. Trying to explain the Grace Message isnt easy when someone simply doesnt want to believe it. No loss on my part. you are still saved. But if you want to live under the law, you will be judged by it. According to scripture anyway. I through here. You have to open your heart to Gods Grace to accept it or maybe Shrink is right and only 144000 will be enlightened to Grace..If thats true..Thank God , I listened and understood it. Braging on God, Not me.

Location hidden

#475930 Jan 11, 2013
Edit Grace 2...yes i agree it would be easier to do what a poster did and just use John 3:16.But the NT has a lot more than one verse. And I prefer to go by all of it. if I was willing to disregard the teachings of Christ there are lots of single verses I might claim for the foundation of my beliefs. I might choose something like dont worry abou7t tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself and then claim I dont have to be concerned with anything including faith and reoentance. This is why what is the simplest path or the easiest path is not neccesarily the narrow path imo

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#475931 Jan 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace...you end by saying Jesus taught the message to Paul? How did He do that? They never met?
Acts 9:3-15.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#475932 Jan 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You have such a hard time of comprehending anything anyone trys
to discuss with you and the questions you ask of them. I think you ask them questions just to say WRONG, your not being honest!, you don't know the Bible like I do, you don't give your source of why you believe that way, your credability is shot.

I would hate to be someone that is not a Christian, trying to get
Know Jesus in here, with the way that you carry on , I would certainly be turned off to Christianity just by your post alone.

Location hidden

#475933 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question..Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know-Only God knows. And then again in Gal 1:11-12 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ
Those are good verses and I dont disagree Jesus is who Paul learned from. what I disagree with is that Jesus would have taught his a diff gospel and would have went to the cross dying for all sins but only telling the Jews or that he wouldnt tell people in his teachings that they expire at the sacrifice. so we are full circle and back to without Paul then no gentile would know Christ died for their sins and Christ needed someone else to get that mag across as his teachings dont apply and without Paul we wouldnt trust in Christ for salvation. I believe we knew Christ was our savior because He told us and didnt need someone to come along.His words were enough

Location hidden

#475934 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then carry on with your belief. I am not trying to force this on you. Just answering questions. Knowing the bible Does NOT make someone a "better" Christian Skom. Even satan knows the bible so that doesnt mean anything. People didnt believe Paul either. He died for this gospel, just as John, Peter and James did. Trying to explain the Grace Message isnt easy when someone simply doesnt want to believe it. No loss on my part. you are still saved. But if you want to live under the law, you will be judged by it. According to scripture anyway. I through here. You have to open your heart to Gods Grace to accept it or maybe Shrink is right and only 144000 will be enlightened to Grace..If thats true..Thank God , I listened and understood it. Braging on God, Not me.
Your bragging on God is telling people the teachings of Jesus Christ do not apply to them. I think as a CHRISTian that I will continue to maintain they do. I wonder which Jesus will think is bragging on Him?

Location hidden

#475935 Jan 11, 2013
Rojoice always.

Even when persecuted what are we told to do and why.

Blessed are ye when men shall hate you and when they shall separate you from their company and shall reproach you and cast out your name as evil for the Son of man's sake Rejoice ye in that day and leap for joy for behold your reward is great in heaven.Luke 6:22&23

Location hidden

#475936 Jan 11, 2013
Rejoice always.

When beaten by the Jewish rulers for preaching Christ what did the apostles do.

And they departed from the presence of the council rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. Acts 5:41

Location hidden

#475937 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Then carry on with your belief. I am not trying to force this on you. Just answering questions. Knowing the bible Does NOT make someone a "better" Christian Skom. Even satan knows the bible so that Trying to explain the Grace Message isnt easy when someone simply doesnt want to believe it..
and I never said i was under the law. I think your problem in explaining comes from lack of lnowledge and having to skip any posts asking for ur interpretation. And yes even the devil knows scripture. Which makes it all the more bafling someone who claims to have the truth of God direct from the Spirit cant so much as give an interpretation. And I never said just knowing the Bible makes one a better Christian any more than telling ppl their beliefs are of the devil makes that true. Im glad u trust in Christ for salvation but just wish you based that on the words of Christ regarding salvation. I guess its a good thing for Jesus that Paul came along huh?

Location hidden

#475938 Jan 11, 2013
Rejoice always.

After receiving many stripes and with their feet made fast in the stocks what did Paul and Silas do while in prison.

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praise unto God and the prisoners heard them.
Acts 16:25

Location hidden

#475940 Jan 11, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 9:3-15.
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by t
i was talking about physically when Jesus lived on Earth. But continued to explain I saw no reason Jesus would have taught Paul seperate teachings. Although I dont think he did. I think the teachings of Christ still apply.(T) PEACE

Location hidden

#475941 Jan 11, 2013
Rejoicing always.

What assurance is given that the child of God may bravely endure every trial and hardship of life.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,to them who are called according to His purpose.Romans 8:28

How constant should our rejoicing be.

Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say Rejoice.
Philippians 4:4

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#475942 Jan 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Your bragging on God is telling people the teachings of Jesus Christ do not apply to them. I think as a CHRISTian that I will continue to maintain they do. I wonder which Jesus will think is bragging on Him?
Bonsoir Skombolis, my point is indeed justified for now. Jesus was not the type of man to brag or boast He was meek and humble of spirit somethng which I believe is lacking in American Christianity. What do you think? Furthermore the Holy Bible should never be used as a springboard for bragging rights in regards to what we know to do so is evil. Which is why I prefer not to debate scripture to do so is a pointless exercise in futility.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#475943 Jan 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> Those are good verses and I dont disagree Jesus is who Paul learned from. what I disagree with is that Jesus would have taught his a diff gospel and would have went to the cross dying for all sins but only telling the Jews or that he wouldnt tell people in his teachings that they expire at the sacrifice. so we are full circle and back to without Paul then no gentile would know Christ died for their sins and Christ needed someone else to get that mag across as his teachings dont apply and without Paul we wouldnt trust in Christ for salvation. I believe we knew Christ was our savior because He told us and didnt need someone to come along.His words were enough
1st Corinthians 2:5-8.

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min River Tam 104,506
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min Gabriel 981,182
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 672,894
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 389
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
About Times and Laws 8 hr harvey plunkett 1
More from around the web