“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#475808 Jan 11, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Counter_Strike.
And to add to something you said to Brother Skombolis...
You've hit the nail on the head, and I've been trying, relentlessly, to expose this most troubling issue for years now!
The deceit and lies that plague Christendom began while the apostles and disciples were alive and well, in the first century! John, as recorded at 1John 5, was already attacking the heresy that our anointed Savior wasn't the son of the most High. And that's why it mentions Father, the Word, the Spirit, blood, and water, at 1John 5:7-8. John was explaining that if man's testimony isn't proof enough, then his baptism (1John 5:7) and his crucifixion (1John 5:8) should be, being two events that prove, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that he is, indeed, the son of "God!" And this wasn't the only heresy, lie, and false teaching. Just from a most erroneous and severe misunderstanding of 1John 5:7, we have the infamous doctrine of the so-called "trinity," to further prove my point.
Indeed; you're on the mark with this. the only problem is 1 John 5 is oen of the scriptures that is often called into question by scholars and based on dating, they believe it is highly dubious that it was written by John. I will have to research that more but it does seem to give one a starter-kit in trinitarianism. Not just that, but teh writing style differs from the Gospel of John. I didn't make this up. Anyone can research it for themselves and see if it makes sense or not.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
The issue is, that after time, any lie not can, but will appear as truth! In one simple example, imagine if the Church adopted the belief that 1+1+1=1. Then, they taught this belief to the next generation. Then, the next. Then, the next. Then, the next. Then, imagine almost 2,000 years later and trying to explain that 1+1+1 actually equals 3! Who are we that anyone should believe us? Are we standing at their podiums? Are we heading their services? Are we well-known, like so many other televangelists?
Televangelists are strange creatures. i witnessed one on a local channel the other day asking for contributions of faith valued at $1000. Knowing the struggles of people and seeing the ailing economy, why couldn't he ask for $5 or $10? I also understand about the 1+1+1=1 principle you just mentioned. I makes a lot of sense but I'm afraid it will purposefully escape many and just reward you with more of their harsh words.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
The other issues that couples with this one is fear and pride. People fear change. Change seems uncertain. Change, well, means change. And pride? Before any person even considers anything, at all, they must first consider the mere possibility that they're in error. This means that they'll have no other choice but to admit that they've been deceived. And not only that, but such a consideration might cause them to wonder about their own levels of intelligence, so forth and so on. Am I that gullible? Am I that easily led? Is it possible that my religious leader have been deceived, as well? And their religious leaders? And theirs?
No one would like to know they've been taken on a merry-go-round ride to hell. Many people have the utmost respect and faith in their pastor/bishop/priest. Many people enjoy their pancake socials at church, fellowship meetings, harvest, Palm Sundays and Easter celebrations. for some people, not only would this be too much to give up but they also fear being alienated by their families and friends and end up being excommunicated by their church. It's a tall ask, but it is like giving away all your possessions and following The Savior.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
There's much this goes into, but I'll stop there. I'm sure you get the gist of my point.
Until next time...
Shalowm.
100%. Thanks for sharing this BLL.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475809 Jan 11, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Counter_Strike.
And to add to something you said to Brother Skombolis...
You've hit the nail on the head, and I've been trying, relentlessly, to expose this most troubling issue for years now!
The deceit and lies that plague Christendom began while the apostles and disciples were alive and well, in the first century! John, as recorded at 1John 5, was already attacking the heresy that our anointed Savior wasn't the son of the most High. And that's why it mentions Father, the Word, the Spirit, blood, and water, at 1John 5:7-8. John was explaining that if man's testimony isn't proof enough, then his baptism (1John 5:7) and his crucifixion (1John 5:8) should be, being two events that prove, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that he is, indeed, the son of "God!" And this wasn't the only heresy, lie, and false teaching. Just from a most erroneous and severe misunderstanding of 1John 5:7, we have the infamous doctrine of the so-called "trinity," to further prove my point.
Indeed; you're on the mark with this. the only problem is 1 John 5 is oen of the scriptures that is often called into question by scholars and based on dating, they believe it is highly dubious that it was written by John. I will have to research that more but it does seem to give one a starter-kit in trinitarianism. Not just that, but the writing style differs from the Gospel of John based on my understanding of it.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
The issue is, that after time, any lie not can, but will appear as truth! In one simple example, imagine if the Church adopted the belief that 1+1+1=1. Then, they taught this belief to the next generation. Then, the next. Then, the next. Then, the next. Then, imagine almost 2,000 years later and trying to explain that 1+1+1 actually equals 3! Who are we that anyone should believe us? Are we standing at their podiums? Are we heading their services? Are we well-known, like so many other televangelists?
Televangelists are strange creatures. i witnessed one on a local channel the other day asking for contributions of faith valued at $1000. Knowing the struggles of people and seeing the ailing economy, why couldn't he ask for $5 or $10? I also understand about the 1+1+1=1 principle you just mentioned. I makes a lot of sense but I'm afraid it will purposefully escape many and just reward you with more of their harsh words.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
The other issues that couples with this one is fear and pride. People fear change. Change seems uncertain. Change, well, means change. And pride? Before any person even considers anything, at all, they must first consider the mere possibility that they're in error. This means that they'll have no other choice but to admit that they've been deceived. And not only that, but such a consideration might cause them to wonder about their own levels of intelligence, so forth and so on. Am I that gullible? Am I that easily led? Is it possible that my religious leader have been deceived, as well? And their religious leaders? And theirs?
No one would like to know they've been taken on a merry-go-round ride to the lake of fire. Many people have the utmost respect and faith in their pastor/bishop/priest. Many people enjoy their pancake socials at church, fellowship meetings, harvest, Palm Sundays and Easter celebrations. for some people, not only would this be too much to give up but they also fear being alienated by their families and friends and end up being excommunicated by their church. It's a tall ask, but it is like giving away all your possessions and following The Savior.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
There's much this goes into, but I'll stop there. I'm sure you get the gist of my point.
Until next time...
Shalowm.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475810 Jan 11, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, I agree with this as well, however I would like to point out that yes there are pharisees but do we as children of God observe their conduct and follow their example? Or do we follow the example of Yeshua/Iesus/Jesus? Sora and I have traveled to Yisrael/Israel many times and it is one of the most beautiful places we have seen. In regards to the hostility my advice would be to negate its influences in your life. Anger and hatred are poison to the human soul. Shalom!
I try my best to follow the example of Yashua Ha-Mashiach (barack be He) but it is a rocky, very narrow, very winding road so it isn't easy, but He told us that His path wouldn't be easy.

Also, it is not easy to negate the negative influences in my life but I would love to. We are surrounded by negative people and negative circumstances all the time, even in this thread. People will be people and each person must play their part. Many can't help being who they are unfortunately.

Shalom Seraphine.

Andrew (CS).
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475811 Jan 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
What "LORD" is it that you love and which demonation do you attend?
I mean denomination.
CS.
seems to me,you don't read any of my posts,only run your mouth aand your own made truth,trying to convince others of your rights not GODS BIBLE TRUTH

anyway you are fully right about christianity as worlwide churches,denominations, and sects

exist only one way and one the truth and the life through Yesus Christ
any churches on this earth or sects or denominations lead all members today to the dark ditch Mat 15;14

you are not my spiritual or divine confessor to invastibate me to what denomination I belong,

exist not need to explain you,esspecialy like yours zionistic beliefs trying rewrite Bible and having nothing to do with True Gospel

have very nice day mister CS

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#475812 Jan 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed; you're on the mark with this. the only problem is 1 John 5 is oen of the scriptures that is often called into question by scholars and based on dating, they believe it is highly dubious that it was written by John. I will have to research that more but it does seem to give one a starter-kit in trinitarianism. Not just that, but the writing style differs from the Gospel of John based on my understanding of it.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No one would like to know they've been taken on a merry-go-round ride to the lake of fire. Many people have the utmost respect and faith in their pastor/bishop/priest. Many people enjoy their pancake socials at church, fellowship meetings, harvest, Palm Sundays and Easter celebrations. for some people, not only would this be too much to give up but they also fear being alienated by their families and friends and end up being excommunicated by their church. It's a tall ask, but it is like giving away all your possessions and following The Savior.
<quoted text>
Shalom!
Andrew (CS).
Or Like giving up their ego, pride and know it all attitude and become humble, gentle in Spirit and admit that they will never be able to do anything to earn their salvation and place ALL their trust in The Saviour of the world??? That is WHY He is called the Saviour..right? IF we could EVER be capable of earning our salvation, then Christ never would have humbled Himself and die for all mankind but somehow this doesnt seem to be enough for some people. they feel that they STILL have to finsih what Jesus Himself has finished and then there are some people who struggle with admitting that and THAT is NOT trusting nor Obeying God. They want to obey everything but this..The obedience of faith. Following the Saviour is Believing WHAT HE FINISHED on the Cross and trusting Him..not themselves and their abilities.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475813 Jan 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God/god are you talking about sir? Please be specific if you don't mind for there are so many of them. I don't want to assume which god/gods you may or may not worship.
Counter_Strike.
Bible God
One God YEHOVA(hebrew language G-D YHVH and One first begotten Son Yesu Christi(hebrew language Yehsu ah Ha Massiah)

Maybe inside of your head is so many,
I don't believe any, or many gods of your imagination,or trinities or gods of your claims

I told you earlier,you horibly contradict Bible and Bible truth

you mad eyour own truth and follow sermons of your faken zionistic rabbes that is all

you can worship according to your own choice, and be happy,at end you will learn true lesson whom you really worship and worshiped

have nice day

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475814 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Ms. Walker, you are correct, once you are forgiven you are free from teh Law of sin and death until you break the Commandments again and again must ask for forgiveness. Unless you're saying that once you're in "Christ" that you cannot sin. As we all know by now, the "SIN" is the Transgression of the "LAW". people sin daily, christian or otherwise.

The scripture that you quoted explained the Law of the Spirit of Life but does it say the Commandments are voided? Remember James 2:14-26 explains that faith without works is dead. Works are deeds as it Thou Shalt and Thou Shalt Not as seen in the Commandments.

Matthew 5:17-19 (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Fulfill is clearly not destroyed. The Law is Fulfilled (fully accomplished) when salvation is complete. That is, when His people are in His Kingdom. heaven and Earth still exists so His Law hasn't passed away.

In Revelation 22:14-15 (KJV) the Last chapter in the Bible, it says specifically:

14 Blessed are they that do his Commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Verse 14 is key but take not of what verse 15 says. How does it prophet anyone to say that the Commandments are done away with unless they are rebellious?

Not because we have Grace mean we also have Lawlessness, for we are all sinners who have fallen short of His glory. Imagine your city without Laws and the school your children attend without rules? What utter chaos that would be.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475815 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, Its not that I have a problem with Hebrew names. Its the way you accuse others of worshipping false gods if we dont call GOD/ Jesus by their hebrew names. I feel that is nonsense because God knows and see's the heart of people. It seems that something like that could be a stumbling block for others. Bibical Scholors has translated the Hebrew and Greek Words into English so we all can understand Gods Word and I personally feel that we believers should spread the love of God to unbelievers...Tell them about Jesus Christ..If you feel uncomfortable about calling JESUS by the english name them why not simply call Him Our Lord..Our Saviour...Christ...Son of God???????? I believe it was Dr. Shrink that said it best..God is NOT the author of confusion so WHY add confusion?? Jesus is the Good News of Salvation..Why cant we do what God said to do..Spread The Gospel..Not our version of it?? This applies to me also..I admit that I am just as guilty. I can admit to being wrong when I see myself causing confusion. Not everyone is going to understand The Gospel of Grace..God said He would have mercy on whom He wants to have Mercy..Not everyone will understand..We all have different paths to take and different walks to walk but what we all have is BELIEF in The Son of God..We should share that.
CS
is radical zionistic believer and LIAR
demanding from others to worship hebrew name of God

God names are so many how many exist humankind dna heart languages

my german heritage language of my heart is name Yesu Christi,
or Yesus Chrystus

there is no way to plant inside of my heart CS hebrew name of God,because I am born not as hebrew

CS is deceiver,and Liar,accusing others of false worship,sugesting hates agins tothers, and bambling sick nonsense

CS send rockets against own neghbor,and after damaging them he wish to them his faken shalom

CS IS TYPICAL ZIONISTIC BELIEVER AND HATER OF OTHERS RELIGIOUS
VIEWS

GW be careful this deceiver and faken rabbee
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475816 Jan 11, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, could you be any more self righteous and egotistically driven, believing that you're right and everyone else is wrong?
I can assure you Andrew there is nothing wrong with me and I'm not joking at all. What I said and posted I meant. Sadly you can't see in yourself what several others are seeing.
And trust me Andrew. It indeed isn't funny at all. And the one without a clear mind sure isn't me, it's you.
I'm not the one preaching to anyone that will listen telling them I have the truth and they don't, and that everyone should be listening to me, accept it, and acknowledging me for it. And I'm not the one who so self righteously pumps up his own ego by saying things like quote: "I seek the Kingdom of the Most High rather than sit on my rump waiting for it to be taught to me in church."
Here's a newsflash Andrew. You're not the only one seeking the Kingdom of God (which by the way myself and countless others have already attained through Jesus Christ).
Why not try climbing down from your self made pulpit that you're preaching your "I have the truth while everyone else is just sitting on their rump being taught lies because their church doesn't have the truth that I do" ego driven message from and try a little humility Andrew!!!
100% I agree with your spiritual sense

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475817 Jan 11, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>We've been over this before, Doctor REALITY. Do you think my answer will be different?
Matthew 27:28
Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left.
Luke 23:39-43
And one of the [thieves] which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
What do you know about this thief that the scriptures don't reveal? Do you know the type of life this thief lived before he got arrested? Do you know his heart? First, it's written...
Proverbs 6:30
Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry.
Do you know why this thief stole? Do you know of his other sins, or if he had other sins?
Considering his rebuke toward the other thief, we can, at least, assume that he had some belief toward "God," even if only a little. Again, he asked and said, "Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss." And just after this, he pleaded, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."
Now, from what I know, it's written...
Matthew 10:32-33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Based on the thief's comments and plea alone, it would seem that even without our knowing how this thief lived, or what was in his heart, that our anointed Savior deemed him worthy enough to be allowed entrance into the kingdom of Glory. However, there's nothing that says that his comment and plea was enough. We know nothing else of this thief other than what's been provided us.
We've no other history of this thief other than this one incident. Nothing you say, or even opt to believe, proves that his rebuke and plea were enough to be saved.
LOL
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475818 Jan 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>iaya!..you writing worse than me, I address one writer here
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
but you bring another writer in, that very confusuing. but I going to try and address you post writer.
When I say fight, I not mean jehovah's witnesses fight with fist and kick and gun, I mean fight over teachings and doctrine.
when the baptist argue with the teachings of the jehovah witness, or argument between catholic and protestans, or argument between baptist and pentecost, that not of Jesus.
that what I was telling that writer.
you not need anyone to teach you anything. Read the bible for yourself. It not matter if you think I know the bible. I read the bible for me, not you.
why you defending jehovah witness?? defend Jesus.
Jehovahs witness is just a religion. Religion is a fraud, Jesus is real.
sir
when I write about Bible and sects fights with each otehr,
I mean spiritual wars,fights with words, doctrines,and their rights,

not with knife,weapons,or axes-YOU ARE MORE DUMB BUTT AS I THOUGHT ABOUT YOU

Real Jesus doesn't exist for people living in this earthly deadly sinful realm, you sound like earthly carnal usaved human,
real Jesus exist not for you,like He doesn't exist in whole worldwide religions and christianity

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475819 Jan 11, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
This isnt a game..I am not oppressed. I am a Child of God :)
Ms. Walker. Don't mean to be cynacal with you or anything, but you never really know, so one must ask; what God/god are you talking about?

Just wanna be sure.

Andrew (CS).

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#475820 Jan 11, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 2 and 3 Chapters is excelent explanation to your questions
Shalom.

Your language sounds familiar.

Just saying....

CS is Counter_Strike.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475821 Jan 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
LOL?what is this,never heard in hebrew or geek this word?
this is new word worshiping your god replacing in Jesus Christ(my langauge IN YESU CHRISTI) Amen?
man?please stop drink to much wine before preaching your man made sermons to ohers
good bye mister Bo
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475822 Jan 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Walker. Don't mean to be cynacal with you or anything, but you never really know, so one must ask; what God/god are you talking about?
Just wanna be sure.
Andrew (CS).
are you collect files of heretics not agreeing with your faken doctrines and zionistic creeds?

who made you judge room clerk to investigate which god all of them worship?

it is shame to to put under question"which God" against someone deep honest beliefs?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#475823 Jan 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Adonai that came from Adonis, Lord that came from Baal.
Shalom Mr/Ms. Innocence.
Andrew (CS).
Good Afternoon CS... Adonai and Adonis are simply 'cognates' borrowed from a root word from a certain language... and other languages adopted it but gave a different form of the word or "a name" in their own language... just like spanish, french and italian share some "very similar" words based on latin roots.

Baal means master or lord... "Mr." really means "Master" although we pronounce it "mister"... Now if someone calls you Mr.(your last name)... does that mean that you are Ba'al also? No of course not. So when I say Jesus is Lord I'm not saying Ba'al is Lord.

Some people call you Andrew but shouldn't they be calling you by the original form of Andrew instead of it's english cognate? No of course not... it isn't necessary.
lil whispers

Clovis, NM

#475824 Jan 11, 2013
Development of patience

knowing this that the trying of your faith worketh patience.James 1:3

Not only but we glory in tribulations also knowing that tribualtion worketh patience.Romans 5:3

And to temperance patience.2 Peter 1:6

But let patience have her perfect work,that ye may be perfect and entire wanting nothing.James 1:4

If any man offend not in word the same perfect man and able to bridle the whole body.James 3:2
lil whispers

Clovis, NM

#475825 Jan 11, 2013
sorry it double posted here.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#475826 Jan 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Walker, you are correct, once you are forgiven you are free from teh Law of sin and death until you break the Commandments again and again must ask for forgiveness. Unless you're saying that once you're in "Christ" that you cannot sin. As we all know by now, the "SIN" is the Transgression of the "LAW". people sin daily, christian or otherwise.
The scripture that you quoted explained the Law of the Spirit of Life but does it say the Commandments are voided? Remember James 2:14-26 explains that faith without works is dead. Works are deeds as it Thou Shalt and Thou Shalt Not as seen in the Commandments.
Matthew 5:17-19 (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Fulfill is clearly not destroyed. The Law is Fulfilled (fully accomplished) when salvation is complete. That is, when His people are in His Kingdom. heaven and Earth still exists so His Law hasn't passed away.
In Revelation 22:14-15 (KJV) the Last chapter in the Bible, it says specifically:
14 Blessed are they that do his Commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Verse 14 is key but take not of what verse 15 says. How does it prophet anyone to say that the Commandments are done away with unless they are rebellious?
Not because we have Grace mean we also have Lawlessness, for we are all sinners who have fallen short of His glory. Imagine your city without Laws and the school your children attend without rules? What utter chaos that would be.
Shalom!
Andrew (CS).
Romans 2:17-24 [17] Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to God; [18] if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; [19] if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark,[20] an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth--[21] you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal?[22] You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?[23] You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?[24] As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

Revelation 21:6-8 [6] He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink "without cost" from the spring of the water of life..

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#475827 Jan 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You Aman to what Lord and when did this word Aman/Amen become Hebrew?
What I don't understand is, why the defense of questionable words relating to many deities? To what does it prophet you?
Would it damage you somehow to say Halleluyah? or Selah >[Which more than likely means "forever" or "Pause and Think of that" or from a root word that means "Hang these words and weigh them"] Selah is often use as a pause or break within a song.
What is the basis of your justifications?
Andrew (CS).
Yes, yes... I already know all of this. For myself, I like going back to the original word (hebrew/greek or other) for the purpose of finding out the meaning of the word so I can get a clearer understanding behind a certain scripture. When I do that it's kind of like turning on the high beams on a lonely stretch of highway in which one can see further. I say few words like Amen (truth), Hallelujah, Praise the Lord, Praise God, Praise Jesus... sometimes Selah because it is part of a holy conversation.

I may say shalom every once in a while... now speaking for myself of course, while it may give some a thrill to throw out hebrew/greek words here and there... for some reason, it doesn't thrill me as much because I rather seek out the meaning of such words. Like it says in I cor 14, I rather speak 10? words in a known language than 10,000 words in an unknown language. While it doesn't necessarily bother me if someone wants to call Jesus "Yeshua" and the like... I can dig it. Sometimes, depending on who I am speaking to, I myself will call Jesus "Yeshua". But for me, if I were to use hebrew all the time (not being able to speak it fluently)... I would feel like some sort of Hebrew Gypsy or something and would simply be showing off if I did that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min nanoanomaly 837,613
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 589,630
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min lovewithin 40,475
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min We Are Almost There 4,204
Don't let nobody outta here!! think you STEAL ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mike thunkit 99,737
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 271,294
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 176,847
More from around the web