|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning to you Epi :D
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Peace <3
You too J_L.....And Give those Lovely children a hug from me too....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Have a Blessed day....

Later

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Well...from what I've gathered, G_O_D has been deceived by the same errors that so many before him have made. G_O_D bases his beliefs of Paul not on the actual writings of Paul, but on the translations that others have compiled on Paul's writings. And considering what Paul wrote, on the surface, G_O_D and those like him are correct. In some instances, Paul does seem to contradict the teachings of our anointed Savior. But, again, that's only on the surface and in some instances. And until Paul's letters are re-examined, such beliefs will continual. Except, such re-examination should never be expected by just G_O_D and those like him, but by the whole of Christendom, too.
I understand that many people believe in Paul. I don't. The belief in Paul and the Bible have nothing to do with Jesus. You all seem to have put the cart before the horse.

IMHO Chrisitanity makes God and Jesus out to pathetic babbling morons that need Paul and Preists to explain them.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, Thank you for Who you are. Thank you for all you do. I praise you Lord. Please help me through this journey, through the valley, through the days ahead. I don't understand all the "whys," but I know you are in control. Help me to trust you for the outcome and to learn from the experiences I face. I thank you for giving me the grace to endure. Please pick me up and give me strength for the day. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Get a life and find something else to do with all of time,Dingbat.
Dork!

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Yo ...

hu

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning to you :D (evening for me)
How are you today LW? I'm a bit out of sorts myself, from arguing on topix mostly, I'm not accustomed to forums or this level of hatred and nastiness, I was nasty once, but no more. I found some Bible verses that seemed to say that it's ok for me to defend my self, Jesus, God and my faith. Some also seemed to say that it's ok for a righteous man (or woman?) to speak up against lies and evil. What are your thought on this please? I argue a fair bit but am careful to be calm, rational, honest, myself and I don't cuss or yell etc....
Peace <3
Hey there JLU, I'm doing fine, bare in mind thst the Word lets us know that it's okay to be angry so long as we don't sin, but must we not also become self exalted as well and must remain humble, I see where you have been posting on the abortion thread and that is DEFINITELY a place to try your patience. Just remain strong my friend and you'll come out on top.

Blessings.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is good in my life.
With God's blessing tis gonna be
a good year 2013.Hope you had
Happy Holidays.God Bless.
Amen~ With His blessings- those of us who recognize each and every blessing- will have peace and joy to see us through the rough spots.
I am glad you are well .
Good holiday here~ my tree is still up, due to my oldest female cat reeeeally liking it here (c:

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Good morning to my brothers n sisters..
I hope everybody has a wonderful day. I am waiting to board my flight home. I miss my 4legged furry babies and my macaw. Disney was great..I will miss Floridia.. talk to guys soon..

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
Good morning to my brothers n sisters..
I hope everybody has a wonderful day. I am waiting to board my flight home. I miss my 4legged furry babies and my macaw. Disney was great..I will miss Floridia.. talk to guys soon..
Glad you liked it...I love the pics you shared on FB

Have a safe trip....God Bless

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me add, the teachings of Yeshua are not easy to live by. He wanted us to be perfect as the Father is perfect. If you had to get new followers and especially if you don't go into detail about what IN CHRIST means, tell me what verses you would use?
1)Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left
>>>snipped for space :) <<<<
If someone's main goal was to spread Christianity, what would be the best way to do it? What would be the best thing to focus on? But that doesn't make the rest of the verses disappear. And either we believe the teachings of Yeshua apply to us today or we have other thoughts on how they do. To me they unquestionably still do and can still be harmonized with Paul's in the few places where Paul goes into those areas.
(T) Peace
Firstly, I'm not making this an issue with Paul. I eventually found it quite amazing how much of a scapegoat. Because he was so radical and at first the perfect villain and a Roman citizen who is said to be responsible for the death of Stephen, he was the perfect choice to be an anti-hero and a person who would go about things his own way separate and apart from the other Apostles. The people of The Way of [Life] better know as The Qahal as a bible dictionary would explain that a Qahal is either a Called Out Group (as in come out of her my people) or an assembly or gathering of "The" [faith]. So Secondly: They made it sound like Paul went hop-scotching all over the Greco-Roman world setting up Churches as opposed to Bait Yahweh [Not synagogues]. This is the justification the Roman Catholics wanted from scripture but then called Simon Peter the first Pope, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was Simon Magnus the sorcerer. And finally: That makes my main goal not to spread Christianity.

Finally; As the below passage also explains in the very same Hebrews 10, that even after we were illuminated (or came into knowledge of the truth) we struggled and suffered. So hebrews 10:26 says if we >Deliberately< keep on sinning (so continuously) then there basically would be no pardon left.

Hebrews 10:32-33 (NKJV)

32 But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33 partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated; 34 for you had compassion on me in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven.

Shalom & Love,

Andrew (CS).
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that many people believe in Paul. I don't. The belief in Paul and the Bible have nothing to do with Jesus. You all seem to have put the cart before the horse.
IMHO Chrisitanity makes God and Jesus out to pathetic babbling morons that need Paul and Preists to explain them.
Bible is written for readers able to read Bible,and learn basic spiritual logics inside of human chosen brain-(IT DOESN'T MEAN SOMEONE WHO STUDY BIBLE-AT SAME TIME BELIEVE BIBLE,MAIN PURPOSE OF WRITTING IS SALAVTION AND GOD WITH HIS SON )
if you read philosophy of Tsue? do you believe Tsue? or you have desire to know his writtings?
IT IS SAME WITH BIBLE AND WRITTERS LIKE PAUL
you deny Paul writtings,but you don't deny writers of other fables and you post them,showing that you believe in them? because you read and post their thoughts?
there is something missing in you sir?
READ BIBLE AND ALL LETTERS OF NT IS TO LEARN BASICS OF GODS SALVATION AND HIS BASIC MORAL LAWS,
NOT TO WORSHIP PAUL OR JOHN OR BOOK OF 66 books library of God-
AS WORSHIP THEM?
where from you know Jesus Christ as your atonment?
moon didn't reveal you this, only researching and studies about His ancient activity?
not believing faken christianity doesn't disqualify you from TRUE BELIEF IN JESUS DESCRIBED IN BIBLE AND APOSTLES NT LETTERS
Have good day my old friend
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You told of your shoes.What does the heart wear????
answer to 2 nd question.
Ezek 36;24-28
John 1;13. 3;3-8.2 Cor 7;1.Rev 14;5
1000% for real

my shoes protect my feet and whole body from falling apart,and join those insects(look like human) rambling in the mud,s...and weeds of this earth
each insect jumping on my shoes,get horible kick out from my shoes,and my life

God bless you lill

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>....,but you don't deny writers of other fables and you post them,showing that you believe in them?...
I don't believe anythign written is the "word of God".

Is God so lazy that he can't write His own stuf ? He needs pathetic humans to do it ?

Such a deity I have no need of nor respect for. The God I believe in is better than that.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible is written for readers able to read Bible,and learn basic spiritual logics inside of human chosen brain-(IT DOESN'T MEAN SOMEONE WHO STUDY BIBLE-AT SAME TIME BELIEVE BIBLE,MAIN PURPOSE OF WRITTING IS SALAVTION AND GOD WITH HIS SON )
if you read philosophy of Tsue? do you believe Tsue? or you have desire to know his writtings?
IT IS SAME WITH BIBLE AND WRITTERS LIKE PAUL
you deny Paul writtings,but you don't deny writers of other fables and you post them,showing that you believe in them? because you read and post their thoughts?
there is something missing in you sir?
READ BIBLE AND ALL LETTERS OF NT IS TO LEARN BASICS OF GODS SALVATION AND HIS BASIC MORAL LAWS,
NOT TO WORSHIP PAUL OR JOHN OR BOOK OF 66 books library of God-
AS WORSHIP THEM?
where from you know Jesus Christ as your atonment?
moon didn't reveal you this, only researching and studies about His ancient activity?
not believing faken christianity doesn't disqualify you from TRUE BELIEF IN JESUS DESCRIBED IN BIBLE AND APOSTLES NT LETTERS
Have good day my old friend
Hi Doc :)(
<3

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Is God so lazy that he can't write His own stuf ? He needs pathetic humans to do it ?
Such a deity I have no need of nor respect for. The God I believe in is better than that.
Oh. Dear.
<3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, I'm not making this an issue with Paul. I eventually found it quite amazing how much of a scapegoat. Because he was so radical and at first the perfect villain and a Roman citizen who is said to be responsible for the death of Stephen, he was the perfect choice to be an anti-hero and a person who would go about things his own way separate and apart from the other Apostles. The people of The Way of [Life] better know as The Qahal as a bible dictionary would explain that a Qahal is either a Called Out Group (as in come out of her my people) or an assembly or gathering of "The" [faith]. So Secondly: They made it sound like Paul went hop-scotching all over the Greco-Roman world setting up Churches as opposed to Bait Yahweh [Not synagogues]. This is the justification the Roman Catholics wanted from scripture but then called Simon Peter the first Pope, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was Simon Magnus the sorcerer. And finally: That makes my main goal not to spread Christianity.
Finally; As the below passage also explains in the very same Hebrews 10, that even after we were illuminated (or came into knowledge of the truth) we struggled and suffered. So hebrews 10:26 says if we >Deliberately< keep on sinning (so continuously) then there basically would be no pardon left.
Hebrews 10:32-33 (NKJV)
32 But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33 partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated; 34 for you had compassion on me in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven.
Shalom & Love,
Andrew (CS).
I am going to try to make this short because this issue causes too much division but I know you and I are not talking OSAS but just simply more about Paul but it still involves some of the same verses.

Let me just say I think people focus too much on the word "deliberate" when it says those who deliberately keep on sinning. Or at least focus on it the wrong way. It is not saying deliberate sin versus non-deliberate sin IMO. All sin is deliberate. We don't accidentally sin or sin without knowing as we know what sin is and are quite aware of the fact we sinned when we have. I believe the focus is on "keep on sinning". If we do that deliberately, then there is a problem. And one of the ways we do that IMHO is to think it doesn't matter if we do or to think it is only normal that we will still sin AND we make no efforts to curb it. A good example might be adultery. If someone says, yeah I know better but I like cheating on my wife. So every day I am going to have sex with my mistress but it doesn't matter because I'm covered. IMO that is not what the sacrifice was for, to allow someone to do that.

Can I ask what some of the outside sources you have read to lead you to conclude Paul was scapegoated or some of the other things you have mentioned? I personally don't read many myself just because the ones i have found, a lot of them anyway, it seems to be a lot of speculation. But some use some very good sources and provide some pretty sustainable arguments. If you feel there is anything I should check out I wouldn't mind reading it

(T) Peace

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Steve...why does any of it really matter. I have asked myself that for the last couple of weeks. I finally have my answer I think...
Here are some examples about why the doctrine of "once saved always saved" (IMO) has destroyed Christianity.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
There is more by this Christian but I think that you will get my point.
I am not sure that I do but I do not believe any God exists that pardons this type of behavior.
I have taken a long hard look at the faith that I tried to hold on to. It is time to let it go.
Hi Annie. How are you?

:)

Andrew (CS).

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not meant as an argument my friend as you and I rarely travel down that road. But I do feel a need to question your last statement. Has your god written his own stuff for you to conclude he is better than that? Couldn't one make the argument he is too lazy to even give his word to humans?

This is partly why I was hoping someone (not you but another poster) who has criticized Christianity so openly in here would at least answer the same questions he asks of us as it pertains to the god he believes in. IMHO people who started off committed to the Bible have a tendency to make their god opposite of Christianity in as many ways as the can but can't show how they came to this knowledge

For example, if God (as known by Christians) answers prayers then my god doesn't and if he intervenes then my god doesn't and if he wants to be worshiped and loved then my god doesn't and if wrote a bible then my god doesn't communicate in any way. I am not trying to disrespect your beliefs but I am challenging the comment about ours. What do you base that statement on that your god is better than that. Wouldn't it be true to say that if he did ever share anything with us he may very well go thru humans and we have no way of knowing he wouldn't?

Just some food for thought

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 457,481 - 457,500 of596,443
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

639 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min hojo 511,608
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min who 250,257
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 min andet1987 3,299
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min wilderide 679,162
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Dang It 109,343
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Toby 89,371
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 min andet1987 4,391
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Divinity Surgeon 216,251
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr zoelitchfieldx 215
•••
•••
•••