Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#475449 Jan 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Perfect sense. I'm ashamed to have lost my temper on topix. I'm sorry.
Eu fico muito maguada as veses querida. Eu nao queria te chatea. Obrigado <3
Boa noite amor, nós somos todos meramente humanas.É preciso uma pessoa forte para admitir seus erros e é preciso uma pessoa mais forte para trabalhar neles. Admitir nossos erros é o primeiro passo para lidar com eles. Eu te amo Luciana, vocêé querida para Sora e eu nunca esqueço isso.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#475450 Jan 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha.
Now that was weird!(skom slowly backs out of the room while remaining cautiously alert that another extreme mood swing may be coming!)

Location hidden

#475451 Jan 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bon soir, Seraphine.
Ca va bien?
Nous avons weirdos, n'est pas?
Bonsoir mon ami,
Je suis très bien et est donc Sora, ces gens ne sont pas bizarres ou étrange pour moi, ils sont des êtres humains c'est tout. Je traite tout le monde tout aussi même s'ils ne me traitent pas comme tel.

P.S.

I am going to switch languages now, Sora and I lit a candle for you and said a prayer for you on Sunday. I hope this does not offend you or your beliefs. If it does we shall apologize.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#475452 Jan 8, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami,
Je suis très bien et est donc Sora, ces gens ne sont pas bizarres ou étrange pour moi, ils sont des êtres humains c'est tout. Je traite tout le monde tout aussi même s'ils ne me traitent pas comme tel.
P.S.
I am going to switch languages now, Sora and I lit a candle for you and said a prayer for you on Sunday. I hope this does not offend you or your beliefs. If it does we shall apologize.
No offense taken, because I respect you and Sora, you are very well-meaning people.

However, as you will understand, I don't believe in prayer. As I have mentioned to you, I am a nonbeliever. A skeptic, if you will. I have no belief in gods or anything supernatural, but I believe in people, in our ability to make this world a better place.

My worldview is that, for whatever reason, we have been placed on this earth together. We are sharing our existence here for the time allotted to us. We are all one family. We must be compassionate and empathetic. And as a society, we should do what we can to treat everyone with dignity, and do what we can to assist and care for our weakest brothers and sisters.

Further, the deponent sayeth naught.

Location hidden

#475453 Jan 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense taken, because I respect you and Sora, you are very well-meaning people.
However, as you will understand, I don't believe in prayer. As I have mentioned to you, I am a nonbeliever. A skeptic, if you will. I have no belief in gods or anything supernatural, but I believe in people, in our ability to make this world a better place.
My worldview is that, for whatever reason, we have been placed on this earth together. We are sharing our existence here for the time allotted to us. We are all one family. We must be compassionate and empathetic. And as a society, we should do what we can to treat everyone with dignity, and do what we can to assist and care for our weakest brothers and sisters.
Further, the deponent sayeth naught.
Bonsoir mon ami,

I agree with this and I respect your beliefs as well. Bonne nuit.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#475454 Jan 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My worldview is that, for whatever reason, we have been placed on this earth together. We are sharing our existence here for the time allotted to us. We are all one family. We must be compassionate and empathetic. And as a society, we should do what we can to treat everyone with dignity, and do wh, the deponent sayeth naught.
We have all been "placed here"? By what or whom?And "the time alloted to us"? Who is alloting the time? If you agree we have been placed here and given time and for a purpose then that is what believers think. But once they move past thinking they are the greatest power in the universe they look for God
Lost In Transition

Ashburn, VA

#475455 Jan 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
One can depart the faith due to lack of faith so they become physically backslidden (perhaps not totally, one foot in and one foot out)... and one can still be in the faith but be backslidden in heart. They know all the right cliches, dress their Sunday best... but the water has dried up and the fire has gone out.
How does one keep the fire, lit?
Don't ask me.
I'm a water guy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#475456 Jan 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning to you :D (evening for me)
How are you today LW? I'm a bit out of sorts myself, from arguing on topix mostly, I'm not accustomed to forums or this level of hatred and nastiness, I was nasty once, but no more. I found some Bible verses that seemed to say that it's ok for me to defend my self, Jesus, God and my faith. Some also seemed to say that it's ok for a righteous man (or woman?) to speak up against lies and evil. What are your thought on this please? I argue a fair bit but am careful to be calm, rational, honest, myself and I don't cuss or yell etc....
Peace <3
Hi Jicylu;

I doin good.First if you notice most arguement stem from a opinion.Now then opinions are just that opinions does not make them to always mean it is true.Think it falls to what the individual decides for thereselves what they want to do as we all think differently.I had my share of differences in the threads.
Every wonder why you would argue with someone who you never meet,do not know and they know nothing about you and you know nothing about them??God bless.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#475457 Jan 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I made a similiar apology yesterday to someone about losing my temper. It was actually a conversation with someone else that got me thinking just how grateful I am to be where I am in my life and I also know all too well the problems that real life can throw our way to let something like the Internet have any control over our emotions. I still plan on having fun in a variety of ways when posting but to actually get angry over words posted anonymously by a stranger is just silly. i plan on taking my own advice from here on out and keeping Topix in perspective. Still thought that was a classy overture as we all overreact at times.(T) PEACE
Thank you Skom :)
Yeah, you're right, gotta keep it all in perspective and have a good laugh.
Peace <3

Location hidden

#475458 Jan 8, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>Boa noite amor, nós somos todos meramente humanas.É preciso uma pessoa forte para admitir seus erros e é preciso uma pessoa mais forte para trabalhar neles. Admitir nossos erros é o primeiro passo para lidar com eles. Eu te amo Luciana, vocêé querida para Sora e eu nunca esqueço isso.
Obrigado querida <3

Location hidden

#475459 Jan 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Jicylu;

I doin good.First if you notice most arguement stem from a opinion.Now then opinions are just that opinions does not make them to always mean it is true.Think it falls to what the individual decides for thereselves what they want to do as we all think differently.I had my share of differences in the threads.
Every wonder why you would argue with someone who you never meet,do not know and they know nothing about you and you know nothing about them??God bless.
Yeah, I've been wondering that a fair bit lately and have decided to try harder not to argue. Thank you, I'm glad you're well. Many Blessings <3

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#475460 Jan 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I heard someone raving about some Samsung phone...I bet that is it. I used to be a distributor back in the day for Sony, Panasonic, and JVC doing premium incentive programs for fortune 500 companies and if my back was against the wall trying to get stock cause retail always got first dibs I would sometimes try to get someone to sign off on a Samsung as they used to be decent but cheap electronics. Guess that has changed cause I heard that one and the new I phone are the two best. Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind as I just dont wanna get an i-phone. Consider a weird little personal protest I got going! LOL So i will prob do the Samsung. Thx again.(T) PEACE
welcome.........:

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#475461 Jan 9, 2013
***Morning***

“A true friend knows your weaknesses
but shows you your strengths;
feels your fears but fortifies your faith;
sees your anxieties but frees your spirit;
recognizes your disabilities
but emphasizes your possibilities.”

~ William Arthur Ward

Thought For the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#475462 Jan 9, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, Your Word tells me that "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving" (Colossians 3:23-24). Wow. What a reminder...so many times I do things just because they have to be done, or to please someone else, or to "move up the ladder," or to make money, or for a million different reasons. But I often don't remember to do everything "as unto the Lord." Please help me. I want to do everything that I do with excellence as if everything I do is for you. Ultimately, everything I do should be for you. Remind me, through your Holy Spirit and the conscience You gave me, each and every day, to do all as unto you. Then please give me the wisdom and guidance to do it well. In Your name I pray. Amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#475463 Jan 9, 2013
Encouraging Word....

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Romans 10:13

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#475464 Jan 9, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Good evening all.
Got home form the Hospital a couple hours ago and had some time to pop in here so I thought I would. All went well with my surgery. The implant of the ICD device went smoothly and wasn't to intrusive. It only took about an hour and a half.
I pretty much slept through most of the procedure and don't recall much from the time that the Doctor walked into the surgical unit to the time that I woke up still in the unit just as they were getting ready to wheel me to my room. I've had some expected pain around the area where the device was implanted but nothing overwhelming, and as each hour passes the pain gets better.
I'll check beck later. Have a great evening. God bless.
Great to hear RA.....Talk to you later....God Bless

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#475465 Jan 9, 2013
Ta....Ta

((*L-))

Location hidden

#475466 Jan 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
***Morning***

“A true friend knows your weaknesses
but shows you your strengths;
feels your fears but fortifies your faith;
sees your anxieties but frees your spirit;
recognizes your disabilities
but emphasizes your possibilities.”

~ William Arthur Ward

Thought For the Day
A true friend is a treasure. Have a lovely day Epi <3

Location hidden

#475467 Jan 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, Your Word tells me that "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving" (Colossians 3:23-24). Wow. What a reminder...so many times I do things just because they have to be done, or to please someone else, or to "move up the ladder," or to make money, or for a million different reasons. But I often don't remember to do everything "as unto the Lord." Please help me. I want to do everything that I do with excellence as if everything I do is for you. Ultimately, everything I do should be for you. Remind me, through your Holy Spirit and the conscience You gave me, each and every day, to do all as unto you. Then please give me the wisdom and guidance to do it well. In Your name I pray. Amen.

Prime Time with God
Amen <3

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#475470 Jan 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Prime Time with God
Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aerobatty 987,328
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min David S Pumpkins 286,565
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 14 min Aerobatty 31,112
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Robert F 687,316
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 1 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 3 hr Always aware 91
More from around the web