Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#475428 Jan 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Since Topix changed its code on how its website runs and added new types of advertising it has become ridiculous. I ad-blobk and flash-media block everything except on the reply page which fortunately is the same address every time no matter what post is being replied to. It blocks viewing icons and the numbers needed to post so I cant post to the room w/o doing a reply a deleting the post but it is worth it. the few times i have taken it off i get complete new pages opening up in new tabs and have received warnings of exucutables trying to run. just banner ads in general are notorious for hidden spyware but this place now is probably a malware breeding ground. Id advise everyone to get ad-blocker if they dont have a Firefox browser where it comes bundled for free if they dont want viruses
I'll check out that Ad-blocker, thanks... so you don't get any icons, huh? Smile.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#475429 Jan 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand the point if you are saying you somewhat liken God to a force of a nature or something very powerful and that your belief is something so above mankind might not be concerned about communicating with beings so far below it such as humans. I have even seem some suggest it is hubris to think He would. I could even somewhat agree it would be if I did not believe God created us. While not an exact comparison obviously I owned a dog for almost 17 years. While in the life hierarchy animals are far below men (at least as things are set up, whether they should be is debatable considering what we do with our intellect at times) yet I loved that dog with all my heart and would have risked my life to save him if his life was in jeopardy.
So I believe it is natural for God to love His creation and that He would want us to understand Him at least a little and what He expects from us. So why communicate through man I guess is the question. My belief is that to do so any other way would remove the need for faith. For whatever reason, the way things work IMO is a crucial element of our spiritual walk must be based on faith. God isn't interested in those who believe because there is zero way for them not to. He wants us to feel His call and search him out. Whether that is through the Word or in some other way, it is that willingness and desire to repent and seek out God that makes our hearts open to change He wants to instill in us. So could God provide a message instantly understood and believed by all people where there is no doubt it came from a higher power? Yes I think he could easily. But He goes through man because he works through people, through their hearts, and through their minds.
One passage is the Bible God speaks to his BELOVED and says they obey not only in his sight but at all times. I believe this is somewhat comparable to faith. If we believed simply because there was no way not to then faith and the reward of an eternal life becomes no different than a child who is good only to get presents at Christmas. For the same reason Pascal's Wager is not real faith, nor would belief and trust in God be sincere if people knew they essentially had no choice. It is in believing that we make the choice to follow, to repent, to believe and trust in something unseen and greater than ourselves where the true test lies. That is what makes us open to becoming a new creation.
It says only a wicked generation asks for a sign which I see as equivalent as asking for proof. God is not going to give us proof. He wants us to have faith. granted this is somewhat speculation as we can never truly know the complete mind of God but I am convinced faith is key and why He requires faith instead of giving proof that even that most sinful, unrepentant man couldn't deny. If he did that, how many would go through the motions knowing they had to? In a way it is the same as it saying God loves a cheerful giver because it comes from the heart. For our relationship with God to do what it needs to do it must be built on faith on trust IMHO
(T) Peace
Hey Skombolis,
Good post.

God wanted real not programmed. And there is a reason for that. He wants us to become, well, what He wants us to become, but not to be programmed to become it. He wants it to be our choice, real. Sometimes I get an inkling that God gave us a little more of Himself than we realize but will not let it develop here on this earth because we would miss use it. That after those that are to spend eternity with him get there He will open our understanding and it will happen. I don’t mean we will be gods but that there will be much more to us. I’m not sure, it is just an inkling I get sometimes. As Ham use to say I’m just rambling, it doesn’t make any difference because Heaven will be wonderful!

I hope that made sense, LOL

Anyway I liked your post.
HFN

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#475430 Jan 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@Que..i am stalling to get a new phone till my contract is up in March but dont know if I can wait that long as my backup stinks. Again, gotta reply here for space as this phone doesnt give me the full 4000. Anyway, thanks a lot for the extra background and I follow your explanation. Good analogy too.Maybe even like telling him to clean the room and do the dishes and he just does one. Yeah that isnt a bad thing he did but he was asked to do more. Just a little tweak to that if you dont mind. Sorry...couldnt help myself! LOL (T) peace
Good evening Skom, don't know what phone and carrier you plan to go with, but may I suggest the SAMSUNG GALAXY S III, I just got one and it is off the chain, and all four major carriers have them.

Peace.

#475431 Jan 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Revelation 2:1-5
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
If we examine the Greek scriptures, the mention of "first love" at verse 4 is to indicate an unfeigned love and passion that the congregation had in the beginning, like a destitute person that had just stumbled upon a most valuable gem in the middle of a field, but it (their "first love") had diminished. This "first love," if anything, was toward both, our Godhead and one another, but more-so toward one another.
It seems that this congregation continued in what was considered acceptable, but their love became more routine and artificial than it was genuine and provoked by love. To return to the teachings of our anointed Savior to explain my assertions (and for example), it would seem that this congregation returned to the literal application of the letter of the law, which in turn means that they departed from the spiritual application of the law. Or and again, for example, they no longer refrained from adultery because they had a genuine love for their neighbor, but solely because the law prohibited such behavior. Not to say this is true, either, but as another example, they refrained from committing adultery, but they lusted in their hearts. And this is why my motto is: "Become Love!" As I believe, it's not enough to just express love, as expressions might forever remain second-nature. Becoming love, though, makes love wholly natural.
I apologize for the intrusion, but I thank you for your time and consideration.
Until next time, my friend.
May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.
Hey Bro. Lee, thank you for you input and adding to the discussion. Smile.

#475432 Jan 8, 2013
Welp, on that note... heading out to get some shut-eye. I hope everyone has a blessed night.

:)

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#475433 Jan 8, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
BLL
At first I have to be persecutor to Accuse you(sorry I am not)
2nd you have to be under susspision of criminal activity to accuse you of crime(you are not )
3rd.
I DON.T REFUSE ANYTHING ,ONLY I ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ COMPLETLY THOSE PASSAGES POSTED BY YOU TO ME,
word Peace was always used by Lord to His chosen Children,or brothers to brothers who were gatehring together in the fiests of Love in Lord
You use this world like salt throwing to everyone,and everytime to anybody not known if they are your brothers for sure,
but you are not LORD JESUS to send this world everywhere and to all?
you sent me same word
are you sent this word to annoy me- purposely create anger,or annoy me???also what have value your word peace sent to me?
do you know me personaly if I am identical same doctrines of yours and your brother that way?
am I your congregation brother in your faith?
I fell BLL,
this peace from you is;sarcasm, make someone angry,annoy, or joke?
exist any place to mock GODS INFFALABLE SPIRITUAL VALUES AND HIS WORDS APPLICATION ONLY TO HIS CHILDREN?
please?
I don't accept from your this "peace"
I also am not at all adversary of your thoughts,
just I gave you simple reminder,because inside of my blood flows greek language senses and hebrew senses from my great grand parents
God bless you BLL
I always closely focus on your posts,and sincerely like them
good night
1) Again, you're declaring how wrong I am for using the term "shalowm," but including nothing else. All declaration, but no evidence, or even a verse, to prove your beliefs. As far as I'm concerned, your prohibition is nothing other than a personal tradition until you can provide one shred of evidence that proves I'm in error. As of now, I've shared with you two examples of men that used the term toward other men.

2) How many times have you accused me of thinking I know everything, including "God's" and our anointed Savior's minds?

3) The priesthood knew Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Koine, the law, the psalms, and the prophecies, and they still misunderstood it, or they would have believed our anointed Savior.

4) I use the term "shalowm" for numerous reasons.

4-1) It's the greatest expression as a greeting, or otherwise, expressing my overall intention during discussions.

4-2) I pray that all either, become blessed by the shalowm of our 'Elohiym, or remain in the shalowm of our 'Elohiym.

4-3) I'll not judge anyone without evidence as to their walk in life outside Topix. Therefore, I'll not predetermine who does, or does not, deserve such a salutation, or otherwise. Whether atheist or believer, I still desire that all come to know the shalowm of our 'Elohiym, or remain in it. I see all, in this thread particularly, as believers, or potential believers.

4-4) I said "peace" instead of "shalowm" because you're, obviously, offended by my use of the term. Therefore, I'll not use it toward you.

Until next time...

Holla.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#475434 Jan 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I'll check out that Ad-blocker, thanks... so you don't get any icons, huh? Smile.
It will let you see a numeric value but not the actual symbol. Like I may see 3-3-2 for how many icons are there. Or if say I see a "1" on every post I know it is the fairy. I am a little embarrassed to admit this but the few times I have taken off the block is to make a post to the room, because even on the reply with it not blocked then adobe flash sometimes uses like 100% of my resources but just sometimes so I will stop blocking and go to the main page or....and this is the embarassing part...curiosity will get the best of me and I will look to see what icons are on a post! LOL But considering when i do that I then find myself deleting tab after tab of new pages popping up randomnly I try not to ever take it off. And yes I am 39 and sometimes look to see what icons are there! LOL...nobody asked you:)

Location hidden

#475435 Jan 8, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Skom, don't know what phone and carrier you plan to go with, but may I suggest the SAMSUNG GALAXY S III, I just got one and it is off the chain, and all four major carriers have them.
Peace.
I heard someone raving about some Samsung phone...I bet that is it. I used to be a distributor back in the day for Sony, Panasonic, and JVC doing premium incentive programs for fortune 500 companies and if my back was against the wall trying to get stock cause retail always got first dibs I would sometimes try to get someone to sign off on a Samsung as they used to be decent but cheap electronics. Guess that has changed cause I heard that one and the new I phone are the two best. Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind as I just dont wanna get an i-phone. Consider a weird little personal protest I got going! LOL So i will prob do the Samsung. Thx again.(T) PEACE

Location hidden

#475436 Jan 8, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I get an inkling that God gave us a little more of Himself erstanding and it will happen. I don`t mean we will be gods but that there will be much more to us. I`m not sure, it is just an inkling I get sometimes.
Thx. And it made sense to me my friend as I think the same thing. I think it is why we get new bodies and why I have said a lot that there are answers not to be had this side of life. And not just because they arent available now but in this human state with human minds we could never understand them. I dont know either what exactly we will become but I think too it will be more than we are now as we become more in tune with God. I have a hunch we will retain our individuality as that is part of our spirit imo but think maybe there will almost be some type of shared group consciousness with others and also connects us in some way to God. We wont know all his thoughts but itll be something. That wasnt too clear eitherLOL (T)Peace.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#475437 Jan 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You know what, I think now I remember that in my research on when Paul was rebuking Peter accusing him and the circumsizers for causing a brother to stumble...not for teaching a false doctrine...although given the accusations made of each other I guess not too far off. But yeah as far as present day application I agree the verses in Timothy are better suited since it was coming from one outside the faith.(T) PEACE
You know what?

You're weird.

Like, totally weird.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#475438 Jan 8, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>sweety
day before yeasterday I wrote to my dear lill,
that someone who step on my toes.get bad kick out by my sharp nasty dirty shoes mixed with earthly dung, insects, and etc...
those 2 abominable blasphemers and cretins without of descency,insult me all the time,mosk, and their honor is only worthy of dog sperm and rats urines on their faces
I can not stand atheists denying own God creator, spewing at Gods Chidlren .Gods Word,Jesus Gospel,
AND at same time seating like parasities and pretending to be sweet and good to all believers,

those disguistable miserable creature are worth only inhalation and Gods Judgement, before Gods Judgement without of sweet words they deserve only to spit at them,that is all

sorry my dear.
I LOVE THOSE WHO LOVE LORD WITHOUT OF ANY DOUBTS
GOD BLESS YOU SWEETY?
you remind me something?
You're awesome :D

God Bless you too lovey <3

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#475439 Jan 8, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Hey Skombolis,
Good post.
God wanted real not programmed. And there is a reason for that. He wants us to become, well, what He wants us to become, but not to be programmed to become it. He wants it to be our choice, real. Sometimes I get an inkling that God gave us a little more of Himself than we realize but will not let it develop here on this earth because we would miss use it. That after those that are to spend eternity with him get there He will open our understanding and it will happen. I don’t mean we will be gods but that there will be much more to us. I’m not sure, it is just an inkling I get sometimes. As Ham use to say I’m just rambling, it doesn’t make any difference because Heaven will be wonderful!
I hope that made sense, LOL
Anyway I liked your post.
HFN
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm.

Our anointed Savior proclaimed that the kingdom was within us. He taught us the power of having faith equivalent to that of a mustard seed. He taught Peter how to defy physics and logic, and Peter walked on water.

We have not only the permission of our 'Elohiym to become gods, but the potential, too.(NOTE: I, in no way, shape, or form, mean "gods" that are to be worshiped. I mean, simply, a title that identifies those that have become perfect reflections of our Godhead. Synonyms, in this case, are "'God'-like," "perfect," "holy," "righteous," "spiritual," and "godly.") In order to become a god, one must first master humility and the fruit of the Spirit. In order to become a god, one must master Love.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34-35
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken...

(NOTE: The word of "God" continues to come, by and through us, more-so by application than verbal preaching. Therefore...)

Location hidden

#475440 Jan 8, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed US in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing IN Christ. 4 For HE chose US in HIM before the creation of the world to be HOLY and BLAMLESS in HIS sight. In love, He predestined us for adoption to sonship "through Jesus Christ", in accordance with HIS pleasure and HIS WILL— to the praise of His glorious Grace, which He has freely given us THROUGH the One(JESUS) HE loves. 7 In HIM, WE have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that He lavished on US. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 He made known to US the mystery of "HIS WILL" according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ!!!!
Amen.
<3

Location hidden

#475441 Jan 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Doing good thanks! How's is your brand New Year going so far? 8 days in... 8 is a biblical number of new beginnings btw.
Is it? Nice. So far my new year is going well, better than expected :D
<3

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#475442 Jan 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what?
You're weird.
Like, totally weird.
Bonsoir mon ami.

Location hidden

#475443 Jan 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>It could've of been a Topix server issue or just one of those malware viruses...
Yeah, it could've been....
Blessings <3

Location hidden

#475444 Jan 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what?
You're weird.
Like, totally weird.
Well if some guy stalking me at midnight on the Internet thinks I'm weird then I guess I will just have to live with it! I would point out the irony but I think it would be lost on you:) Hang in there Catcher, I will probably die of natural causes in no more than 40 to 50 years and you can finally use your time doing something other than watching me......~snicker

Location hidden

#475445 Jan 8, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir Luciana, what I mean is this: when you meet a person who is different from you instead of arguing with them over differences look for the similarities and work from there, does this make sense?
Yes. Perfect sense. I'm ashamed to have lost my temper on topix. I'm sorry.
Eu fico muito maguada as veses querida. Eu nao queria te chatea. Obrigado <3

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#475446 Jan 8, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami.
Bon soir, Seraphine.

Ca va bien?

Nous avons weirdos, n'est pas?

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#475447 Jan 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Well if some guy stalking me at midnight on the Internet thinks I'm weird then I guess I will just have to live with it! I would point out the irony but I think it would be lost on you:) Hang in there Catcher, I will probably die of natural causes in no more than 40 to 50 years and you can finally use your time doing something other than watching me......~snicker
Hahaha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Tellthetruth 989,820
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 20 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,437
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 31 min bietxcpl4cpls 547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min hojo 690,577
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 52 min Susan 37
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 10
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 636
More from around the web