Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#475323 Jan 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Speciosus.
Christe, Redemptor omnium,
ex Patre, Patris unice,
solus ante principium
natus ineffabiliter.
Tu lumen, tu splendor Patris,
tu spes perennis omnium,
intende quas fundunt preces
tui per orbem servuli.
Salutis auctor, recole
quod nostri quondam corporis,
ex illibata Virgine
nascendo, farmam sumpseris.
Hic praesens testatur dies,
currens per anni circulum,
quod a solus sede Patris
mundi salus adveneris.
Hunc caelum, terra, hunc mare,
hunc omne quod in eis est,
auctorem adventus tui
laudat exsultans cantico.
Nos quoque, qui sancto tuo
redempti sumus sanguine
ob diem natalis tui
hymnum novum concinimus.
Iesu, tibi sit gloria,
qui natus es de Virgine,
cum Patre et almo Spiritu,
in sempiterna saecula. Amen.
Liturgia Horarum. J.M Neale. <quoted text from my notes, may not be exact>
Jesus, Father's only son, whose death redemption won, before the world's in God most high begotten in inffalability.
In Father's light, full of splendour and endless hope to all/you that bow, accept my prayers and praise today/like any other day. That in the worls your servants/followers pay.
Writer of salvation, come to mind in the way of taking form to human/mankind.Born of a virgin, undefiled and in man's flesh comes as a child.
So testifies in the present day, every year in lenghthy array that You are salvation's source alone preceeding from our Father's throne.
When the sky, stars and sea's abyss and earth and all that in it is, will still with laud/joy and carol meet the Writer of Your advent greet/meet.
We, who by Your precious blood, redeemed from sin and marked/kept for God on this day, the day that is Your birth, sing the song of rescued/ransomed earth.
All honour, joy and glory be O Jesus virgin born to You/Thee that with our Father we adore, and the Holy Ghost forevermore. Amen.
I may not agree with some Catholic teachings but they sure could turn some gorgeous prayers.
Peace, love and joyfullness <3
Bonjour Luciana. Amen. We are not meant to agree with everything but we should learn to see the similarities.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#475324 Jan 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Most don't.
How many Christians ever read the Jewish Scriptures, Qu'ran, apocrypha let alone the banned books and non-canonical gospels ?... let alone understood that they are just as academically valid as the Bible.
Bonsoir mon ami, my soulmate and I are well read in all of these. The apocrypha is part of our tradition.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#475325 Jan 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Sera... Amen. Have I found what I'm looking for? I'm seeking, yes. I used to consider myself Protestant but in seeking pre-catholic views on Christ (not the Mosaic Law but of early "genuine" church before it all split up into various factions aka denominations)... but seeking that out will also bump some Protestant views also as I found out recently that Luther and some other Protestant leaders were anti-semitic.
Have a safe trip Sera and Sora... gotsta go...
Bonjour Qu, I am glad to know you found what you were looking for soon we shall as well God willing. Martin Luther was indeed anti-semitic and additionally it was said his views on Jewish people influenced Hitler. I have Jewish ancestry myself.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#475326 Jan 8, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Amen... Have a blessed Day and a safe trip to Belgium.
Have a good day Everyone.... John 3:16
Bonsoir Monsieur Qu, thank you and God bless you as well.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#475327 Jan 8, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour Luciana. Amen. We are not meant to agree with everything but we should learn to see the similarities.
Shalom Seraphine. May I ask, what does "Amen" mean and where does it come from?

I hope you're having a great day so far and I hope it continues the same.

Shalom & Love,

Andrew (CS).

****Counter_Strike: Oh how we were deceived, and most of us are lovin' it. Quo Vadis

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#475328 Jan 8, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom Seraphine. May I ask, what does "Amen" mean and where does it come from?
I hope you're having a great day so far and I hope it continues the same.
Shalom & Love,
Andrew (CS).
****Counter_Strike: Oh how we were deceived, and most of us are lovin' it. Quo Vadis
Bonjour mon ami. The word amen is Hebrew and is used as a declaration of affirmation. English translations are verily and truly in Arabic they say Amin which means so bei it. The word is also used in Judaism as well. Amongst Ashkenazi Jews they say Aw-mayn and amonst Sephardic Jews ah-men. It also be used as a word of agreement as well. May you be blessed forevermore.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#475329 Jan 8, 2013
ANDREW....gotta respond here for space. Hopefully you see it. A lot of food for thought in that post. What do you think about what Paul says in Romans 13? I think it is verses 1-10 or 1-12. Right it that range but basically where he says the law is now covered by the two greatest commandments because would someone murder if they loved their neighbor or would someone (i forget the other sins listed but you get the idea) who loves their neighbor sin against them and the answer is no.And he says we have no more debt other than the ongoing debt to love one another. Not all the law was retained from my understanding but most of it as far as anything that common sense would dictate falls under the 2 greatest commandments. I say not all as some things that were against the law that seemed more customary like mixing of cloths or things like that.But now instead of being beholden to the law we are now under the two greatest commandments which incorporates parts that would violate loving God or neighbor. JMO (T) Peace

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#475330 Jan 8, 2013
Good evening all.

Got home form the Hospital a couple hours ago and had some time to pop in here so I thought I would. All went well with my surgery. The implant of the ICD device went smoothly and wasn't to intrusive. It only took about an hour and a half.

I pretty much slept through most of the procedure and don't recall much from the time that the Doctor walked into the surgical unit to the time that I woke up still in the unit just as they were getting ready to wheel me to my room. I've had some expected pain around the area where the device was implanted but nothing overwhelming, and as each hour passes the pain gets better.

I'll check beck later. Have a great evening. God bless.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#475331 Jan 8, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I see a bit of that I suppose. Mostly, to me, Paul just seems arrogant and considering his history it's understandable that he would struggle a bit with his pride, I can relate to that somewhat. But his core message? Heaven sent. Still, he was just a man after all, imperfect and sinful and no doubt possessing his own cultural and environmental biases and attitudes. To get to the truth of Paul's message I think we need to see past his faults and to the message itself, it is there and it does read like Jesus, the difference being that Jesus is perfect, Paul was not. I think the style of the other apostles was gentler and more humble because they actually hung out with Jesus, His attitude would surely have rubbed off on them a bit. Can you imagine? Hanging out with Jesus? It would change anyone, imo, I for one, can't wait! I also think that G is searching and marked for God. Does any of that make sense? It all just came to mind, if I'm wrong, please correct me, nicely or I won't pay any heed, lol :D
Peace Brother Lee Love <3
To understand Paul's letters, we must first understand two critical points.

1) Paul used more general terms than he did specific.

2) Paul used general terms because he was writing to established churches that were already aware of what he was referring to.

Example: Just because a sign says "Pets Welcomed," or "Pets Allowed," doesn't mean that every animal that every individual considers a "pet" is allowed and welcomed. Those that are considered "pets" are determined by the owner, or manager, of the establishment. Now, if the establishment invites it's frequent visitors and customers to a party with an invitation that reads, "Bring your pets," only those frequent visitors and customers will know which pets are invited, too.

And this is the situation that we face today. When Paul used such general terms as "law" and "laws," only those within those congregations understood which law, or laws, Paul was referring to. It wasn't necessary that Paul use specific terminology in each and every case and letter.

Thank you for your time and consideration, Juicylu.

Until next time...

Shalowm.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475332 Jan 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe anythign written is the "word of God".
Is God so lazy that he can't write His own stuf ? He needs pathetic humans to do it ?
Such a deity I have no need of nor respect for. The God I believe in is better than that.
'how are you going to read God personal written words only to you,to convince you,that He used as pen ink-human writers but He Himself was WRITER OF BIBLE,
if you write letter to your friend
who wrote this letter? YOU OR PEN?
also you wrote this letter(similar with God alone not PEN(like apostles Paul or John or NT)
also whom you and your friend believe that this leeter wasn't written by Pen,only by you?
in this case
whom your frined is going to admire Pen in your hands,or YOU AS WRITTER
reading and obeying moral laws of Bible,is not to worship PEN or whole book from paper)(Paul or human writters) but worship God who was main Master of all 66 letters written by God alone, not Pen(humans or Paul)
sir
your faith is on right track,but you miss something
read letters of law written by God and worship Him from the bottom of your heart 2 Tim 3;16
but stay away from worshiping PEN(WRITTERS,LIKE PAUL OF JOHN)or book made from modern paper
thanks my old friend
I know this war inside of your mind, same I did experienced long time ago

God bless you sir
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475333 Jan 8, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Good evening all.
Got home form the Hospital a couple hours ago and had some time to pop in here so I thought I would. All went well with my surgery. The implant of the ICD device went smoothly and wasn't to intrusive. It only took about an hour and a half.
I pretty much slept through most of the procedure and don't recall much from the time that the Doctor walked into the surgical unit to the time that I woke up still in the unit just as they were getting ready to wheel me to my room. I've had some expected pain around the area where the device was implanted but nothing overwhelming, and as each hour passes the pain gets better.
I'll check beck later. Have a great evening. God bless.
trust me old pal RA
I really am happy to see your post and good condition
God bless you sir
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475335 Jan 8, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Monster Black Hole Burp Surprises Scientists, and Pleases Dr. Shrink..........
http://news.yahoo.com/monster-black-hole-burp...
not only deep space black holes,but also Pilars of Creation-awsome energy regulate this dark pit without of bottom(Our universe) where is hanging only Earth by only life inhabitants

black holes conect this Universe with antidimensional Universes where exists not any darkness,

I just returned from my meditation,and my spirit landed back inside of my earthly body.

Pilars of universe are parabolic toungues god keepers appointed by Absolute God to keep in balance this Universe,Milky Way and our globe gravitation allowing to exist life on this globe.

so
have good night mist SI'SI
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475336 Jan 8, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom Seraphine. May I ask, what does "Amen" mean and where does it come from?
I hope you're having a great day so far and I hope it continues the same.
Shalom & Love,
Andrew (CS).
****Counter_Strike: Oh how we were deceived, and most of us are lovin' it. Quo Vadis
can you explain why you use word Quo Vadis?(where you go?)
do you know that book Quo Vadis-Domine was written by RCC about apostle Peter who travel to Rome and meet Domine(Lord) and Peter asked Him QUO VADIS DOMINE?
(RCC STORY IS APOSTAZY AND FAKE,BECAUSE PETER NEVER TRAVEL OR WAS IN ROME,AND NEVER MEET LORD ON HIS WAY TO ROME)

do you know that word Shalom only belongs to Sar Shalom Izaiah 9;6?
AND ONLY SAR SHALOM CAN GIVE HIS SHALOM TO HIS PEOPLE,NOT TO EVERYONE?

YOU CLAIM TO BE HEBREW,YOU SUPPOSE TO KNOW THIS EXCELENTLY.

anyway
I enjoy your posts?
have nice evening

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#475337 Jan 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I understand that many people believe in Paul. I don't. The belief in Paul and the Bible have nothing to do with Jesus. You all seem to have put the cart before the horse.
IMHO Chrisitanity makes God and Jesus out to pathetic babbling morons that need Paul and Preists to explain them.
All should believe in Paul's teachings as they, as I've said many times, do coincide with that which our anointed Savior taught. And I'd truly like to understand how you've come to such a conclusion, that Paul and the bible have nothing to do with our anointed Savior. We began to discuss Paul's letters, but nothing came of it, after my first reply. And I can, in certain ways, understand your contention regarding our modern versions of "Christianity," but that's got nothing to do with Paul, Paul's letters, nor any priest. And as far as any necessary explanation, didn't our anointed Savior have to explain the law to Israel during his own mission?

1) The gospels weren't an explanation, but testimonies.

2) Paul's letters were explanations, because his target audience were, for the most part, converts.

Your contentions would make much more sense if you would only share with me the specifics as to what they are.

Until next time, my friend.

Shalowm.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#475338 Jan 8, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>All should believe in Paul's teachings as they, as I've said many times, do coincide with that which our anointed Savior taught. And I'd truly like to understand how you've come to such a conclusion, that Paul and the bible have nothing to do with our anointed Savior. We began to discuss Paul's letters, but nothing came of it, after my first reply. And I can, in certain ways, understand your contention regarding our modern versions of "Christianity," but that's got nothing to do with Paul, Paul's letters, nor any priest. And as far as any necessary explanation, didn't our anointed Savior have to explain the law to Israel during his own mission?
1) The gospels weren't an explanation, but testimonies.
2) Paul's letters were explanations, because his target audience were, for the most part, converts.
Your contentions would make much more sense if you would only share with me the specifics as to what they are.
Until next time, my friend.
Shalowm.
you think?
that you are so Giant and spiritualy powerful more from anyone around,
and you will convert G_O_D to your theological babling?

o man
without of Gods Spirit you are not able even to make right order inside of your mind about Spiritual Wisdom

even your last word
Shalowm
simple expose not to much spiritual knowledge or spiritual Fear to Main giver of Shalom(Sar Shalom)and you constantly use this word to everyone not known by you personaly who they are?

my my my

have nice evening
and accept hello from far away pillars of TRUE TREE WISDOM(chokma)

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#475339 Jan 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I don't believe anythign written is the "word of God".
Is God so lazy that he can't write His own stuf ? He needs pathetic humans to do it ?
Such a deity I have no need of nor respect for. The God I believe in is better than that.
1a) How do you know "God" exists?

1b) How would you know any "God" existed without having met "God" personally, unless you have met "God" personally?

2) How did you learn of "God?"

3) How do you know if "God" has any expectations, or what those expectations are, if "God" does have expectations?

4) And who ever said that "God" needed us "pathetic humans" to document anything?(NOTE: According to what's written, "God" engraved the stone tablets, Himself...twice.)

Until next time, my friend.

Shalowm.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#475340 Jan 8, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
you think?
that you are so Giant and spiritualy powerful more from anyone around,
and you will convert G_O_D to your theological babling?
o man
without of Gods Spirit you are not able even to make right order inside of your mind about Spiritual Wisdom
even your last word
Shalowm
simple expose not to much spiritual knowledge or spiritual Fear to Main giver of Shalom(Sar Shalom)and you constantly use this word to everyone not known by you personaly who they are?
my my my
have nice evening
and accept hello from far away pillars of TRUE TREE WISDOM(chokma)
Exodus 4:18
And Moses went and returned to Jethro his father in law, and said unto him, Let me go, I pray thee, and return unto my brethren which are in Egypt, and see whether they be yet alive. And Jethro said to Moses, Go in peace.

Now, read the same verse in Hebrew and share with us the final word you read.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#475341 Jan 8, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
you think?
that you are so Giant and spiritualy powerful more from anyone around,
and you will convert G_O_D to your theological babling?
o man
without of Gods Spirit you are not able even to make right order inside of your mind about Spiritual Wisdom
even your last word
Shalowm
simple expose not to much spiritual knowledge or spiritual Fear to Main giver of Shalom(Sar Shalom)and you constantly use this word to everyone not known by you personaly who they are?
my my my
have nice evening
and accept hello from far away pillars of TRUE TREE WISDOM(chokma)
2Kings 5:19
And [Naaman] said unto him, Go in peace. So he departed from him a little way.

Now, read the same verse in Hebrew and share with us the final word you read.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#475342 Jan 8, 2013
Good Evening Everybody... how is everyone's New Year's resolutions holdin' up? Smile... Good!

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#475343 Jan 8, 2013
...from Naaman.

Sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Tellthetruth 989,938
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 27 min Aura Mytha 42,609
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Johnny 66
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 668
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 690,653
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 27
Here's What's Really Behind NFL Players Taking ... 2 hr Sedwick 1
More from around the web