Eu acredito disso tambem.
<3
ENGLISH please.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#474945 Jan 5, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>Eu sei que você faz minha irmã eu posso ver isso. Minha oração é para a mudança interna.
Amen <3

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#474946 Jan 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
REVELATION

Rev 1:10-11

"On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, WHICH SAID:“WRITE ON A SCROLL what you see and send it to the seven churches: to EPHESUS, SMYRNA, PERGAMUM, THYATIRA, SARDIS, PHILADELPHIA and LAODICEA.”

A. Write On A Scroll - Pretty self-explanatory... they didn't use a book form back then as we know it... although a lot of translations say "book" instead of "scroll". There little i-tablets were primitive... a simple roll of parchment. Well Quin, John was on a deserted island and in exile... so how did he get some parchment to scribe wif? True, the island of Patmos was deserted by a previous group of peoples... and in time it became a prison "labor" colony. The prisoners worked the mines and they had military overseers for laborers and jailers were there also, what have you. Ships would come there and bring supplie and correspondence from parts of the Roman empire and receive correspondence and quarry work. There was a prisoner form of trade going on in the island.

1. "Ephesus" means "permitted"... it said to be the capital of Ionia in Asia Minor and a capital of the Roman province in Asia. Ionia was a coastal region of what is now present-day Turkey.

2. "Smyrna" means "myrrh"...

3. "Pergumum" or "Pergamos" means "height or elevation"...

4. "Thyatira" means "odour of affliction"...

5. "Sardis" means "red ones"...(from blood-red sardine stone... also located on priest's breastplate)

6. "Philadelphia" means "brotherly love"...

7. "Laocidea" means "justice of the people"...

B. Lordwilling, later... those who are interested can look with me into the significance of the meaning of the names as it relates to the messages from Jesus to the angels (messengers) of the churches in Rev chapters 2 & 3.
I wonder which churches they are.
<3

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#474947 Jan 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there Lawest...
Evening Qu, what's skaken'?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#474948 Jan 5, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
onjour Madame Serah, that we shall. Much in the same way that man cannot serve both God and money we cannot serve God and allow feelings of hatred and bitterness to overtake us when we do this and we praise Hin name we are doing Him and ourselves a disservice. At least this is my observation. I often feel that too many Christians are concerned with accumulating wealth from the churches as opposed to saving lives and doing good wherever we go. This too is my humble observation. We need reform in many areas.
Mmhh.. indeed you are right, Monsieur :)

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#474949 Jan 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you defind a false representative from a true representive?
As in;Was there to come a time when people would not listen to plain Bible truth.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine but after their own lust shall they heap themselves teachers having iching ears; and they shall turn away from the truth and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:3&4.
Or in;How did Christ present the truth to the people.
And with many parables spake He the word unto them as they were able to hear it.Mark 4:33
He that is not with me is against Me and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.Luke 11:23
You beleive faith needs reforming.
Will only be done when;
What is characteristic of heavenly wisdom.
The wisdom that is from above is first pure,then peaceable,gentle, and east to intreated,full of mercy and good fruit without pariality and without hypocrisy.James 3:17
God Bless.
Indeed this is so, I believe rotten trees cannot bear good fruit. The fruit of the spirit is pure and good even Satan can appear as an angel of light we are told to beware of false teachers.

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:7-9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Galatians 6:9

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Philippians 4:8

I and my soulmate understand the King James Version better because we grew up reading Shakespeare and Chaucer. As Catholics we are fully aware we have our own bibles and the translations are the problem I believe, for us the English is too modern lol. I also believe that we become too entrenched in denominational warfare we are all of the body of Christ.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#474950 Jan 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad Annie
And what sucks is the people who believe OSAS that actually try their best to live by the teachings of Yeshua get sullied by people like this. Because people like this make a mockery of the faith and what's worse is they do it in God's name as if in defense of God and will tell you while doing it how justified they are and that you are going to hell while they are saved because they..ahem..are a new creation in Christ. And then what can anyone else say other than "oh he isn't REALLY a believer" when we know damn well he believes. If anything because he believes is why he gets so angry but then does things beyond unacceptable and in God's name.
Nobody will ever convince me Yeshua taught we could do this as much as we want (the examples you gave) and do it in the Lord's anme and it would make no difference. And let's face it, this is nothing. This is just Topix. And startling as it may be to read that stuff people justify waaaay waaay worse under the idea all their future sins are forgiven.
Thumper once said if a guy went on a shooting spree and then got killed or killed himself I guess and he believed and killed unbelievers that as unfortunate as it is the unbelievers would be in hell and the shooter would be in Heaven! I can't speak for the unbelievers but I can tell you with all my heart I don't believe the shooter would be in Heaven. What the heck separates that think of belief system from the guys that flew the planes into the building? I mean maybe that the shooter didn't claim he was doing it for God but i bet some have over the years. Like killing prostitutes or something telling themselves they are getting rid of evil. Or who the heck knows. All I know is if Yeshua would turn people away for not feeding the hungry, I sure as heck think you can't go out on a shooting spree. JMO
(T) Peace
I clicked on 1 of Annie's link and just got out of there quicker than a rabbit with a fox chasing it. I know many Christians, and have no need to run from them, in fact, I would run to them. A Christian is indeed, Christ Like, and there is no need to run from Christ, but there is much need to run to HIM. I'll just leave it there, in Peace :)

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#474951 Jan 5, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Qu, what do you think of my above obdervation. I believe that we as Christians are charged to care for and love all people equally however we have not been doing that rather I feel the opposite and it is sad and tragic.
I truly do understand how you feel... it would be nice if we were one, of the same mind and teaching... and believed the same things about Christ, loving people and all... but it's probaly for the best to continue to let your own light shine as that would help immensely... unfortunately, there are always going to be people who butt heads in here. Including yours truly.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#474952 Jan 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Mmhh.. indeed you are right, Monsieur :)
Bonsoir Madame Serah, this is just a mere thought.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474953 Jan 5, 2013
Please in mind I am only sharing.Thank you.

The making of Papyrus;

Ancient Egyptians harvest the papyus plant and turned it into writting material using the following.

The stem of the harvested reed was divided into sections usurally between 12 and 18 inches long.
The green outer rind was stripped off,exposing the soft inner pith.While still fresh the pith was cut
lengthwise into strips.

The strips were moistened with water until the pith softened to produce a natural gummy substance.
Then the strips were laid out vertically on a hard surface with their edges touching or slightly over lapped a second layer of strips was arranged horizontally over the first and covered with a cloth to absorb excess water.The gummy surface of the strips acted as a binding agent between the layers.

In order to consolidate the two layers the papyrus strips were pounded with a wooden mallet for an hour or more until the fibers broke down and matted together.Then the sheet was placed under a heavy weight and left to dry in the sun.The bonding of the layers of fibers made the papyrus strong enough to use as writting surface.

The dry sheet was trimmed and its surface was smoothed with pumice and burnished with a shell,stone or piece of ivory.The side with horizontal fibers was more carefully polished than the other.This was the side usually selected for writting although many papyrus documents were written on both sides.

The results creamy white sheets attached end to end with flour paste to make long length that were then rolled up as scrollls.The papyrus was rolled so that the veritical fibers which had more give were on the outside.To aid in unrolling the scrolls dowels made of wood or stone were attached to the ends.

Just sharing thought you might find this interesting.

“Saved. ”

#474954 Jan 5, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monseuir Qu, I pray that our posts do not come across as harsh but even Jesus was assertive when need be. What we see at work here is nothing more than pure ego and hardened hearts may God in His infinite mercy and power strengthen us to withstand the coming verbal storms. Modern Christianity I believe has strayed from the message of Jesus it has become commmerialized and fraudulent to a degree and God holds all people accountable for what we do in His name. Do you see my point mon ami?
Bonsoir Sora, thank you for the prayer. I see your point but for my own cognizance, I believe sometimes I have to step back and let God handle it... other times I might say something. The only one that I can truly control is me as I can be pretty assertive as well come hell or highwater. Like, if there is any warning from the scriptures... then yes, I might say something about it... but most of the time I just overlook it. A lot of times I learn something also by just reading or looking into something someone has posted to me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474955 Jan 5, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed this is so, I believe rotten trees cannot bear good fruit. The fruit of the spirit is pure and good even Satan can appear as an angel of light we are told to beware of false teachers.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
Psalm 37:7-9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Galatians 6:9
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8
I and my soulmate understand the King James Version better because we grew up reading Shakespeare and Chaucer. As Catholics we are fully aware we have our own bibles and the translations are the problem I believe, for us the English is too modern lol. I also believe that we become too entrenched in denominational warfare we are all of the body of Christ.
Thank you.
But I do not belong to any denomination matter of fact I do not belong to anyone either.The only one who might claim me is God.

“Saved. ”

#474956 Jan 5, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder which churches they are.
<3
They were churches in Ancient "what is now called" Turkey which is in Asia. I believe that each of these 7 churches mentioned in Revelation has their own personality and each church had a different warning or "praise report" from Jesus. I believe that these 7 churches represents all local church assemblies within the Church Age... and a local church (that is the assembly of people/the groupthink) will exhibit at least one or more of these personalities listed in the churches in Revelations... and Jesus gives a head's up of what He thinks of them through the message to those 7 churches. So we can spiritually gauge what are church is like just by looking at those seven churches and see which personality fits. Then we can look to see what Jesus said about that particular church and get an understanding of what He thinks of our own church and what He is going to do.

Location hidden

#474957 Jan 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I truly do understand how you feel... it would be nice if we were one, of the same mind and teaching... and believed the same things about Christ, loving people and all... but it's probaly for the best to continue to let your own light shine as that would help immensely... unfortunately, there are always going to be people who butt heads in here. Including yours truly.
Bonsoir Qu, I see your point in this, I remember the quote I posted about Mother Theresa. What do you think of the scriptures I listed? We do prefer the King James Version and we see nothing wrong with it. All Catholics do not think alike we have our differences just like other people do. Sora and I are ecumenists. Letting our light shine is the best way we are not meant to hide it under a lantern or in a bushel it is meant to radiate from every pore of our being. Love and compassion are the most powerful emotions that exist.

“Saved. ”

#474958 Jan 5, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Evening Qu, what's skaken'?
Good Bro... I had a long good workout at the gym today as the wife took the kids to a place called Dave & Buster's. Wanted to go but I needed some me-time for a change...lol ---> "Me-time"...

Location hidden

#474959 Jan 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
But I do not belong to any denomination matter of fact I do not belong to anyone either.The only one who might claim me is God.
Bonsoir Whispers, you are welcome. Yes, although I believe he has claimed us and we belong to Him because He knows us and loves us.

“Saved. ”

#474960 Jan 5, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Qu, I see your point in this, I remember the quote I posted about Mother Theresa. What do you think of the scriptures I listed? We do prefer the King James Version and we see nothing wrong with it. All Catholics do not think alike we have our differences just like other people do. Sora and I are ecumenists. Letting our light shine is the best way we are not meant to hide it under a lantern or in a bushel it is meant to radiate from every pore of our being. Love and compassion are the most powerful emotions that exist.
I hear ya about that, the KJV usage and the rest... I like the KJV as it is easier to remember scriptures with... I like the NLT and the versions also as it is closer to my way of speaking in these more modern times for my own understanding and use. So for me, that will continue... much respect and love to you though for your own views concerning the KJV and encumenism.

I was Christined in the Roman Catholic Church. For my own conscious sake, I left the Roman Catholic Church to pursue pre-catholic views on Christ.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#474961 Jan 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir Sora, thank you for the prayer. I see your point but for my own cognizance, I believe sometimes I have to step back and let God handle it... other times I might say something. The only one that I can truly control is me as I can be pretty assertive as well come hell or highwater. Like, if there is any warning from the scriptures... then yes, I might say something about it... but most of the time I just overlook it. A lot of times I learn something also by just reading or looking into something someone has posted to me.
Bonsoir monseieur Qu I see. It is best to let God either handle it himself or allow Him to work through us. We are merely the product of our thoughts after all and we must focus on the good in life. On another note my camera broke, I can most assuredly tell you that it cannot be fixed. I have a passion for photography and music I believe I have been blessed in these.

“Saved. ”

#474962 Jan 5, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir monseieur Qu I see. It is best to let God either handle it himself or allow Him to work through us. We are merely the product of our thoughts after all and we must focus on the good in life. On another note my camera broke, I can most assuredly tell you that it cannot be fixed. I have a passion for photography and music I believe I have been blessed in these.
I'm sorry to hear about your camera.... but Praise God, it is a good excuse to tell Seraphine that you need a new and a better one... oops! Did I say that out loud? smile.

“Saved. ”

#474963 Jan 5, 2013
Welp, Sora and Sera... heading out as I have to get up early in the morn and the ol' eyelids are getting heavy. I hope you have a Blessed night...

Quin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Dave Nelson 779,362
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 560,767
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min RADEKT 265,601
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 13 min WasteWater 5,162
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 28 min Just Think 29
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 53 min Barnsweb 441,828
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Just American 61
Gay snapchat names 4 hr edm732 188
Moses never existed 5 hr KiMare 862
More from around the web