Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474982 Jan 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I think our bodies will be spiritual not actual.
<3
That makes a lot more sense, but why any bodies at all ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474983 Jan 6, 2013
Interesting thoughts, thanks.

As soon as anyone says they "know" anything about God my suspicions are aroused. If they claim to be channeling God in someway then I suggest Haldol.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
...One thing I've never, in my life, done, whether in actual, verbal discussion, or in posts, was claim to have the Holy Spirit....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#474984 Jan 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>That makes a lot more sense, but why any bodies at all ?
I think BLL explained it a lot better than I could.
<3

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#474985 Jan 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Interesting thoughts, thanks.
As soon as anyone says they "know" anything about God my suspicions are aroused. If they claim to be channeling God in someway then I suggest Haldol.
I'm sure you understand my contention.

I believe one of the best questions asked toward those that claim to have the Holy Spirit is: Why so many different denominations and beliefs, then, especially among those believers that claim to have the Holy Spirit?

I've witnessed many a Roman Catholic proudly professes that not all Catholics share the same beliefs, even to the point of rejecting the beliefs and teachings of the so-called "successor of Peter" and "Vicar of Christ," himself! But, how can this be?!

I've heard some say that such contention exists, among and within all denominations, only because the learning process is gradual. But, how can this be? Will, or does, the Holy Spirit lead some directly to harmony and truth while leading others to, or allowing others to be deceived by, contradictions and lies? Is this a righteous, gradual learning process? Will we equate the worship of our Godhead and love toward all to that of our most basic, secular, educational curriculum? How can this be?

During my studies, I've always tried to search out the harmony of all verses, with one another and as a whole. I know I'm not the only one, but that's beside the point. If two, or more, seemed to contradict, I found it best to perform a test that's, until this day, never failed me. I would, first, write both verses, side by side, on a piece of paper. Then, I would examine both verses to determine how both can exist without contradicting the other and without any type of acrobatic reasoning. I've noticed, every time, that the contradiction only existed because people decided to compromise, or wholly ignore, the interpretation of one verse and not the other. And the verse that was compromised, or ignored, was the verse that didn't quite submit to the current, so-called "acceptable" belief. Case in point...

We all know one of the most famous verses in the bible; John 3:16. This says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." But, then, on the other hand, we have verses such as Matthew 15:24, Acts 5:31, and Matthew 1:21...

"But he answered and said, I am not sent BUT UNTO the lost sheep of the house of ISRAEL."

"Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance TO ISRAEL, and forgiveness of sins."

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save HIS PEOPLE from their sins."

Now, make no mistake. I'll not even suggest that salvation is only offered to Israel. What I do suggest, though, is that John 3:16 is being misinterpreted and, therefore, causing contradiction between the four verses mentioned. But, if we understand the term "world" in John 3:16 by applying what's written at Isaiah 45:17, I believe the truth becomes evident.

"But ISRAEL shall be saved in YHWH with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded WORLD without end."

Then, Amos 3:1-2 brings it all home...

"Hear this word that YHWH hath spoken against you, O children of ISRAEL, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, You ONLY have I known of ALL the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities."

Now, John 3:16 remains harmonious with the rest, don't you think?

Again...thank you for your time and consideration.

Until next time...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#474986 Jan 6, 2013
M_O_R_N_I_N_G

God has no religion.”

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474987 Jan 6, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God,
You are in control, even when life seems so out of control. Please help me to keep my focus on you and your will. I want to trust in you even in the midst of circumstances I don't understand. Keep me honest and humble. I pray you will provide my needs and provide the ability for me to help those who are so spiritually, and physically, needy...in my family, my community, and around the world. Guide me to work together with my brothers and sisters in Christ to accomplish great things for you.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474988 Jan 6, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success.

Proverbs 15:22

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474989 Jan 6, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is my opinion that most posters admire you Epi, regardless of which side of the fence they are on!! I often use Scriptures to support what I am saying, but agree that there is no need to argue Scriptures, just find one that suits your purpose and need at the time :) By the way, I am one of your biggest admirers (((*_*)))
Thank you friend....Brag on GOD and his Power to Transform....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474990 Jan 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! Epi be awesome! I'm in a very silly mood today.
<3
:-).....Thanks JL.....God Bless Friend

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474991 Jan 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I went to church today!!! I didn't freak out! Yay! Praise Jesus!
<3
Yes...Praise Jesus!!

:-)

Since: Jan 13

Jordan

#474992 Jan 6, 2013
please join us friend
www.forexgloves.com

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#474993 Jan 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God,
You are in control, even when life seems so out of control. Please help me to keep my focus on you and your will. I want to trust in you even in the midst of circumstances I don't understand. Keep me honest and humble. I pray you will provide my needs and provide the ability for me to help those who are so spiritually, and physically, needy...in my family, my community, and around the world. Guide me to work together with my brothers and sisters in Christ to accomplish great things for you.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474994 Jan 6, 2013
Have a Blesed day today....God Be with you

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474995 Jan 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Bro... I had a long good workout at the gym today as the wife took the kids to a place called Dave & Buster's. Wanted to go but I needed some me-time for a change...lol ---> "Me-time"...
I can fully appreciate that bro, between work and taking care of some business it was a bitter/sweet day, but God is good.
Blessings.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#474996 Jan 6, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-subway-deaths-barri... Personally,I think New York should be SUED for those last two incidents.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#474997 Jan 6, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marriage-remains-to... While I feel like many children involved in 'lesbian' unions might receive better care and attention than children involved in 'homosexual' unions,(because most women are better suited for childcare than most men)IT STILL SENDS THE WRONG MORAL MESSAGE TO THEIR INNOCENT LITLE MINDS. And many children will ask their 'parents' WHY they don't have a 'MOMMY and a DADDY' like most of the other kids. And you know what?? They won't be able to give them an answer that will really satisfy the chldren's God-given moral conscious.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#474998 Jan 6, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/former-rep-patrick-kenn... Legal 'pot',gay marriage,etc,are just a few of many reasons pointing towards the inevitable destruction of America. And I believe God has allowed all of the right 'political pieces' to be put in place that are pointing in that direction.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474999 Jan 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marr iage-remains-tough-sell-illino is-183249107.html While I feel like many children involved in 'lesbian' unions might receive better care and attention than children involved in 'homosexual' unions,(because most women are better suited for childcare than most men)IT STILL SENDS THE WRONG MORAL MESSAGE TO THEIR INNOCENT LITLE MINDS. And many children will ask their 'parents' WHY they don't have a 'MOMMY and a DADDY' like most of the other kids. And you know what?? They won't be able to give them an answer that will really satisfy the chldren's God-given moral conscious.
That is sad and tragic but why should the CITY be held responsible for those deaths?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#475000 Jan 6, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/gay-marr iage-remains-tough-sell-illino is-183249107.html While I feel like many children involved in 'lesbian' unions might receive better care and attention than children involved in 'homosexual' unions,(because most women are better suited for childcare than most men)IT STILL SENDS THE WRONG MORAL MESSAGE TO THEIR INNOCENT LITLE MINDS. And many children will ask their 'parents' WHY they don't have a 'MOMMY and a DADDY' like most of the other kids. And you know what?? They won't be able to give them an answer that will really satisfy the chldren's God-given moral conscious.
I agree.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#475001 Jan 6, 2013
Good morning everyone. &#55357;&#56842;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Aerobatty 123,078
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Covfefe 6,900
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) 7 min BOTH partys Crooks 11
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min samanta12 681,704
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 49 min Corvus 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 982,198
New Arrival Nike Kyrie 3 Basketball Shoes On ww... 3 hr kyrie3sale 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr onemale 286,478
More from around the web