|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, I love these Scriptures and love the words "Oh Ye of little Faith" and work hard on not worrying about tomorrow, as in giving it to GOD, because in GOD's hands, we have Trust. And I think Humble is an extension of TRUST....
Hi Serah;

I shall talk some with you hope you do not mind.It is extremely cold here in the mountains tonight already six below zero and the temperature keeps falling.I spend alot time in the Bible cause that is where I find comfort and I listen with my head phones to music too as I am alone alot of the time.I only come here with scripture to share is all.Really not interested in debating scriptures.So hope you enjoy what I share.God bless.
Sora

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I do see your point, and agree with you; these are the reasons I feel it best not to associate with those that I should treat with the same respect as I treat those that have honorable intentions, if their intent is not honorable! I find it best to simply walk away.... but there are many who do not reply as such to postings, and I of course, treat them as they treat me.
Bonsoir Madame Serah, I live by this philosophy and so does Seraphine. As Christians this is and should be our chief aim. We can and should do better for God and for ourselves. Every cruel word we say, every evil action or thought whether intentional or not causes pain and suffering that are needless:

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Serah;

I shall talk some with you hope you do not mind.It is extremely cold here in the mountains tonight already six below zero and the temperature keeps falling.I spend alot time in the Bible cause that is where I find comfort and I listen with my head phones to music too as I am alone alot of the time.I only come here with scripture to share is all.Really not interested in debating scriptures.So hope you enjoy what I share.God bless.
I enjoy what you share :)
<3
Sora

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. You are very kind. My personal philosophy is that for whatever reason, if any, we have been placed here on earth, together. We are here, sharing a window in time. We should live a good and decent life and try to make the world a better place for the generations to come. We should respect each others' beliefs or inability to believe and leave them alone about it, and focus on being a compassionate, honorable person.
Bonsoir Monseuir, I would like to say that you are an interesting person to us. Since you have professed your unbelief and we have stated our opinion on this matter I am sure that you will agree that this should not hinder a positive and stimulating dialogue between the three of us. I too would like to share the same quote with you, I am sure that you can see the wisdom in this philosophy I am honored to post this.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

With this I and Seraphine bid you all bonne nuit and good night to you monseuir. Until the next time we meet again I look foward to it.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Sora wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir Madame Serah, I live by this philosophy and so does Seraphine. As Christians this is and should be our chief aim. We can and should do better for God and for ourselves. Every cruel word we say, every evil action or thought whether intentional or not causes pain and suffering that are needless:

I like that :D I find it hard to put into practice sometimes though...
Peace <3

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Bonne nuit to all, we love each and everyone of you assembeled here very much!!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monseuir, I would like to say that you are an interesting person to us. Since you have professed your unbelief and we have stated our opinion on this matter I am sure that you will agree that this should not hinder a positive and stimulating dialogue between the three of us. I too would like to share the same quote with you, I am sure that you can see the wisdom in this philosophy I am honored to post this.
With this I and Seraphine bid you all bonne nuit and good night to you monseuir. Until the next time we meet again I look foward to it.
A beautiful philosophy.

Just think what our world would be changed if everybody followed those principles.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
Bonne nuit to all, we love each and everyone of you assembeled here very much!!!
Boa noite :) te amo tambem, vai com Deus <3

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Give alms in secret.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men,to be seen of them;other wise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Therefore when thou doest thine alms,do not sound a trumpet before thee,as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets,that they may have glory of men.Verily I say unto you They have their reward.

But when thou doest alms let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

That thine alms may be in secret and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Matthew 6:1-4

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
Give alms in secret.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men,to be seen of them;other wise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Therefore when thou doest thine alms,do not sound a trumpet before thee,as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets,that they may have glory of men.Verily I say unto you They have their reward.

That thine alms may be in secret and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Amen <3

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol..yeah they can be pretty harsh with the whole 'I hate Christians cause they're hateful of non Christians who just hate etc....' The muslim threads are shocking, some of the Indian ones too,(like the one about a woman breastfeeding her 14yr old) and they call us Aussies racist which is just to funny. Yeah I have a few stalkers, it's either laugh or cry here sometimes, I prefer a good laugh myself.
I think this thread is the nicest and most genuine thread here, even when debates occur they seem to be in a loving vein. I truly enjoy most posts but don't feel knowledgeable enough to debate scripture or denominations, yet ;D
Peace and love and roasted marshmallows dear sister <3
Cheers, and ditto to Peace and love and roasted marshmallows ~ I think they are delicious :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Serah;
Hey Lil Whispers, I do enjoy what you share ~ and Scriptures are comforting when we are alone, so is music. Sorry to hear it is so cold where you are ~ here it is extremely hot... if we mixed the two, we could end up with warm weather :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame Serah, I live by this philosophy and so does Seraphine. As Christians this is and should be our chief aim. We can and should do better for God and for ourselves. Every cruel word we say, every evil action or thought whether intentional or not causes pain and suffering that are needless:
Yes ~ in the end, when we give up our Ghost, we will have what we strived for :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A beautiful philosophy.
Just think what our world would be changed if everybody followed those principles.
In Deed ~ the thought brings a smile to the lips :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
Give alms in secret.
I love Matthew :O)

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

This Year, Live by the Beatitudes (1)
Rom 13:12-14:19, Jn 1:1-14
'Blessed are the poor in spirit...' Matthew 5:3

Let's look at the Beatitudes (what our attitudes should be), Jesus said,'Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.' Now, He wasn't saying He's against you having money, He was saying He's against money having you. He will actually prosper you so that you can finance and fulfill His purposes in the earth. But He doesn't measure the size of your faith by the size of your bank balance. In one of His parables Jesus called a wealthy man a 'fool'. This wasn't because he was rich, it was because he wasn't 'rich toward God'.(Luke 12:21) John D. Rockefeller once said: "I've made many millions but they brought me no real happiness. I'd barter them all for the days I sat on an office stool in Cleveland and counted myself rich on three dollars a week". Having more money may give you social status, but serving God gives you Kingdom-significance. Big difference! So keep your focus on what matters and live for what lasts. Each winter in Kemi, Finland, you can visit a sprawling, ice castle that features a theatre, a playground, an art gallery and a chapel. The castle walls are 4 metres high and stretch for over 500 metres. The chappel is a popular wedding venue and the theatre can seat 3000 people. In it rock concerts, musicals, modern dance and opera recitals have been held. The problem is, its upkeep costs millions of dollars and, each year, it all melts in the spring. Are you getting the idea? Focus on what lasts, not on what doesn't.
The Word for Today.

I certainly got the idea. My mother was always concerned with wealth and status, never with faith or love or even her children. Growing up, we had all that money and wealth could buy, but no love and no God. This shaped us into very miserable, selfish and materialistic individuals, myself included of course. Imagine my horror when there was a time that I became very poor, by then I had acquired that elusive faith and love of others and God more than provided everything we needed. Moral of the story, for me? I'll take God and love over wealth and status any day. I just pray my siblings will one day discover what really matters as well.
Peace <3

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
This Year, Live by the Beatitudes (1)
Rom 13:12-14:19, Jn 1:1-14
'Blessed are the poor in spirit...' Matthew 5:3
Let's look at the Beatitudes (what our attitudes should be), Jesus said,'Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.' Now, He wasn't saying He's against you having money, He was saying He's against money having you. He will actually prosper you so that you can finance and fulfill His purposes in the earth. But He doesn't measure the size of your faith by the size of your bank balance. In one of His parables Jesus called a wealthy man a 'fool'. This wasn't because he was rich, it was because he wasn't 'rich toward God'.(Luke 12:21) John D. Rockefeller once said: "I've made many millions but they brought me no real happiness. I'd barter them all for the days I sat on an office stool in Cleveland and counted myself rich on three dollars a week". Having more money may give you social status, but serving God gives you Kingdom-significance. Big difference! So keep your focus on what matters and live for what lasts. Each winter in Kemi, Finland, you can visit a sprawling, ice castle that features a theatre, a playground, an art gallery and a chapel. The castle walls are 4 metres high and stretch for over 500 metres. The chappel is a popular wedding venue and the theatre can seat 3000 people. In it rock concerts, musicals, modern dance and opera recitals have been held. The problem is, its upkeep costs millions of dollars and, each year, it all melts in the spring. Are you getting the idea? Focus on what lasts, not on what doesn't.
The Word for Today.
I certainly got the idea. My mother was always concerned with wealth and status, never with faith or love or even her children. Growing up, we had all that money and wealth could buy, but no love and no God. This shaped us into very miserable, selfish and materialistic individuals, myself included of course. Imagine my horror when there was a time that I became very poor, by then I had acquired that elusive faith and love of others and God more than provided everything we needed. Moral of the story, for me? I'll take God and love over wealth and status any day. I just pray my siblings will one day discover what really matters as well.
Peace <3
Ahhh..... we know what we are taught ~ but then we branch out and learn what we want to know :)

Since: Jan 13

Raipur, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

frndshp is a bridge betwn u and me wen u r sad n lonely cross it i'll b waitng 4 u on other side if u feel afraid.just tell me i'll cros it ...
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

aryan love wrote:
frndshp is a bridge betwn u and me wen u r sad n lonely cross it i'll b waitng 4 u on other side if u feel afraid.just tell me i'll cros it ...
Good morning. Have you ever heard of Via Dolorosa? Have you ever heard about the Garden of Gethsemane? Have you ever heard of the conversation between the Lord Jesus Christ and His Heavenly Father,where the Holy Son of Almighty God said to His Father 'Father,if it is possible,let this 'Cup' pass from Me. But let not My will be done,but Your will be done'?? There's 'Someone,VERY Special,waiting to meet you....RIGHT NOW..Have a wonderful Saturday. Doctor REALITY of the United States of America. http://h3sean.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/...
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
How come citizens always have to have their taxes go up when the American government screws up? So how did all of you Obama supporters ENJOY seeing that TAX INCREASE on your paystubs today??! Oh, you jest wait! You ain't seen nuttin' yet! Massa jest gettin' started!!
:(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

469 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min dirty white boy- 720,106
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 256,379
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min USA Born 532,390
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min USA-1 114,972
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 26 min USA-1 37,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min Aura Mytha 224,013
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) 53 min Lucas 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 172,243
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 3 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••