Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#474807 Jan 5, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bom dia querida Luciana :) Quais são seus pensamentos agora?
WOW, 5 minutes for the icon fairy..that is fast!

It makes sense though

Topix, LOL, you crack me up!

Location hidden

#474808 Jan 5, 2013
EDit Seraphine

Sorry, that last post was not to you but just to the room in general

I use Adblocker to block all the pages on Topix except the reply page. But with ads it blocks the numbers we need to see to post. So if i want to post to the room I have to go to any random post and hit reply then delete the post and then I have an empty box in which to post to the room. I used your post because it was small but then forgot to delete your post. Sorry about that

Location hidden

#474809 Jan 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the canon that teh Roman Catholics use has 80 books, which includes the Apocrypha as in Esdras, Tobit, Ecclesiasticus, The Wisdom of Solomon, etc, etc..
That doesn't explain how it got cut to 66 or who authorized it or based on what though.
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm following to a point here and realize that you haven't bothered to mention that Paul's missionary journeys went into Greek and Roman teritories by way of his Roman citizenship. Also, Apollos and a few others that hung around him were Greek. Luke his good buddy was also Greek. There is little or no emphasis being placed on the Law as opposed to other books. So why one would wonder, did Paul set up Bait Yahweh (Bayits) in only those places, like Athens, Thossalonika, Corinth, galatia, Alexandria, Rome, etc. He was also portrayed as a character at odds with Peter and some of the other Apostles even though this was after his conversion..
It wasn't so much I didn't bother to mention it as it wasn't pertinent to my point. Why he went to certain places I don't know. What I do know is his goal was expansion. I don't see how you disagree with that. Even in the link Drew posted it claimed if Paul hadn't stuck to teaching his message which Peter argued to the counsel to allow him to that Christianity would have died out. And how does one save a faith? By expanding. If you want to say he had two main goals, to spread the Gospel and to expand the faith then I guess we can quibble semantics as to which technically was the main goal but expansion was a huge part of his mission

Location hidden

#474810 Jan 5, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed![Mostly]
<quoted text>
Ok. So basically you would probably also say nothing in the bible was altered, right? The fact that much of the translations were so poorly done and done without proper respect means some type of alteration was done from the very beginning. Interesting.
:)
Andrew (CS).
I am saying I have seen no proof someone went in and forged the writings of Paul. That is what you are claiming right? That at some point his writings much have matched up with the other books despite Paul even writing about being taken before the counsel and Peter saying in the bible that basically some would doubt Paul's writings were legitimate but those that mocked them were blinded by the devil. Or something just like that. I would have to pull the verse. So yeah, with the bible bearing out the claim that Paul's writings were different and had to be argued for, which you think would be ammunition someone wouldn't want to give someone that might challenge them, then yeah unless someone can show me the evidence for why they believe Paul's writings have been altered then I will stick with what I know.

Is it possible someone forged Peter to say what they did about the forged writings of Paul? What do you base that on? So yeah I think when the Bible was first translated it probably could have been done a little better but that is way different than claiming an entire message or parts of it has been forged like you are. And it is reasonable to understand why someone might have trouble translated from another language, especially when that was first done. But I see nothing to suggest major portions of the NT are forgeries and in which case wouldn't some of the originals still be around since according to your own argument it would have had to happen AFTER it was cut down to 66 books? You would think at least one copy of the original 66 would be around to show it has been altered since then. It just doesn't make sense to me that the original writings would make the cut, then someone could come in and change most of it, and nobody would be aware of it or write about it. JMO

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#474811 Jan 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you not understanding writer. Spirit not have body. So you whole question of why Jesus would return to give the saved new body I see you miss the point.
The spirits with God right now...no have any [body]. the spirits in hell right now, no have any [body].
So we start the discussion with the thief on the cross. Jesus promise the thief he would be with Jesus today in paradise. Jesus never tell the thief about a new body. Jesus talking about the thief spirit.
You remember Jesus say this-
41Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them a question:42“What do you think about the Christ, whose son is He?” They said to Him,“The son of David.”43He said to them,“Then how does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord,’ saying, 44‘THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,“SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET”’?
Jesus not talking about David having a body. Jesus talking about David's spirit. Jesus say [IN THE SPIRIT]
When Paul say absent from the body, present with the Lord, Paul not mean present with the Lord in body, he mean in spirit.
Body come after resurrection, all that you see in revelation about body happen at the end of time. Spirits of saved ones dead in heaven right now. Spirit of dead unbelievers in hell right now.
Please focus on the the part you keep repeating about Yeshua telling the thief he would be with him in paradise that day. Yeshua's soul went to Gehenna for 3 days before he was Resurrected. Do you think he took the thief's soul with him to Gehenna? Clearly was not speaking of that same day. The thief's spirit did not go to Heaven that day as Yeshua's spirit didn't even go there

Location hidden

#474812 Jan 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that comes as no surprise to anyone, we've all seen how you MUST have it your way..........
The truth is the truth as >skom< sees it..........
It is like dealing with someone retarded

How is saying that is truth as I see it the same as saying things must be my way??

LOL, sheesh Larry, it is becoming clearer each day why you are in the situation you are in

Location hidden

#474813 Jan 5, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how when Skom gets mad, he refers to posters as 'little' even though he has no idea of the size of any poster here really. This obviously makes him feel bigger and better about himself. An ego boost if you will. I told you it was fragile.........
Actually I just call you little and it clearly bothers you as you bring it up every time! LOL

Shouldn't you be taping up your cardboard box for the winter?

I notice you had nothing to say to the fact that I thought it was funny you still pretend to have a home business. Your "home-business" is what society calls "long-termed unemployed"

My question is why do you spend so much time on Topix when you need a job?

Location hidden

#474814 Jan 5, 2013
2 minutes for the icons now!

Well I will let the anonymous proxies and stalkers and icon fairies rest for a bit as I am sure some of the same people do all three. I got to the end of my replies. Sorry to leave you with nothing to do for the day!

LOL

Location hidden

#474818 Jan 5, 2013
Hey Icon fairy, I heard Larry has an opening an his "Cardboard Box and Tissue Emporium", you ought to get a hold of him. Don't waste all your time doing icons for free when you could be making pennies a year working for Larry. The cool thing is that since he lives in a cardboard box you are already outside and you can leech free wireless and pick up returnables off the street! I am sure he would love a room-mate. I worry about my icon fairy. I don't want you to be cold in the winter.

Plus, you would have someone else to share your obsession. When your real life is a nightmare and virtual reality is this important to you, you do things like stalk dudes around for a year and put pictures on their posts. Wouldn't that be cool to have someone just like you to hang out with? And i won't lie, I think if you guys had a little more joy in your lives you wouldn't be so concerned with mine. I will even donate a brand-new empty refrigerator box so you guys can have a "Double"

~snicker

Location hidden

#474819 Jan 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>How many times did you lose your salvation in the last 24 hours?
Nobody is saved till Judgement Day

When were you saved and became a new creation in Christ?

You do realize it is people like you why most people think OSAS is a joke right?

I mean forget the hundreds of verses you already claimed you don't are about, all anybody has to do is look at what you justify in the Lord's name to know you are kidding yourself

I am guessing that is you that posting to Annie under that other name since the person clearly knew what goes on in WSJLM? It sounded like things you would say

You are a believer who doesn't think he has to listen to Yeshua. Tell me Doc, how did anyone "twist" this interpretation for this verse?

Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

Please give me the correct interpretation

Gee I wonder what is coming next....total silence perhaps?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#474820 Jan 5, 2013
Healing Rain

by Michael W. Smith

Doctor REALITY

United States

#474825 Jan 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is saved till Judgement Day
That is one of the STOOPIDEST beliefs going around among the Lord's people. And here is one of many reasons that it is: http://bible.cc/ephesians/4-30.htm

Location hidden

#474826 Jan 5, 2013
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

What has always been a divisive issue among Christians has unfortunately remained a divisive issue and that is whether once-saved is correct.

Why is it debated? Why does it matter? This is the crux of the problem. If everyone who believed it was like OYE or Epi or Timbo I doubt these debates ever take place. It would not be important if obedience was required as it would be obvious those that believe try their best to be obedient out of love. Obvious obedience is not guaranteed as we all continue to sin but if it was very few and far between and repentance was obvious then who could argue someone is a new creation in Christ?

Now even though I don't believe OSAS I have to admit posting some of the verses i have about obedience has left me feeling uncomfortable as clearly I have chosen to post in a way lately towards some people that is not good for my walk.

The crying that I am a bully is going to fall on deaf ears. Just because I am smart enough to turn it around on people who imply I rape children or worship under the devil or bring up my past history with the law or drugs does not make me a bully. I let these people initiate the confrontation for a very long time. If they want to play the game they should learn the rules. But what is justified as far as turn-about is fair play is very different than what is acceptable in God's eyes and I know it is not so I need to do a better job

part 1 of 2
Doctor REALITY

United States

#474827 Jan 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is saved till Judgement Day.
You do realize it is people like you why most people think OSAS is a joke right?
No,if they view OSAS as a 'joke',it's because they have called the promises of the Holy Bible LIES. And you are among them.

Location hidden

#474828 Jan 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>That is one of the STOOPIDEST beliefs going around among the Lord's people. And here is one of many reasons that it is: http://bible.cc/ephesians/4-30.htm
What is your interpretation of this verse?

Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

When you have the courage to answer that, then you can address the following:

God's judgement hasn't even been revealed yet

Romans 2:5-8
"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person according to what he has done. To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."

JUDGEMENT BEGINS AT THE HOUSE OF THE LORD

1Peter4:17-19
For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

SOME BY THEIR WORDS/ACTIONS WILL BE ACQUITTED AND SOME WILL BE CONDEMNED

Matthew 12:36-37
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned

THEN we can get into all the verses that explain one must finish the race, he endures until the end will be saved, he who remains steadfast is in Christ's household, one must obey to remain in Christ's love, that one is saved IF what they keep in memory what they have heard, etc, etc

THEN we can look at verses that talk about what happens along the way if you don't

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Hebrews 10:28-29
28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

If God's judgement hasn't been revealed yet and we all face it and one must endure till the end to be saved, how can anyone know now?

But I have never met someone who yaps as much as you that knows as little about the Bible and represents Christ so poorly
Lost In Transition

United States

#474829 Jan 5, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
"The LORD said,'I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out BECAUSE OF their slave drivers, and I AM CONCERNED about their suffering." Exodus 3:7

So how did the God's people end up in Egypt anyways?
They hung a right at Amman, then followed the flies.

Location hidden

#474830 Jan 5, 2013
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

part 2 of 2

I make this point because my believing i need forgiveness doesn't alleviate me from responsibility any more than someone feeling all their sins are forgiven. Neither is a free pass. But I want to end on two points

1) Normally when I can't explain a verse or offer an interpretation that is when I start researching because that should never happen IMO. If a verse seems to contradict what I believe and i can't explain it away then how can I ignore it? Now everybody doesn't have to use this standard as we all decide on our own what standard to use but at bare minimum I would think it would generate some allowance that people who believe differently have a basis for it. Scripture certainly allows for more than one view at times and when Yeshua says over and over again obedience is needed and says he will send the Spirit to remind us of his teachings, how can someone believing that be accused of being of the devil? And people who believe what I do make the same accusation and it is no better that way.

2) Can anyone say in their heart of hearts they don't think Doc Reality believes? Of course he does. Yet can anyone say in their heart of hearts they think he is a new creation in Christ? And while only God knows the heart, surely we can have an opinion as by their fruits we shall know them. We might be wrong but does anybody really believe this sexist, racist, hateful, bigot who has attacked people under the cloak of God for years is a new creation in Christ? In their heart of hearts? And so where does that leave OSAS? Claiming he doesn't really believe? Come on

And in the end this could be destroying people's souls. Does anybody think the belief all his future sins are forgiven is helping Doc to be better person? He will go to his grave thinking he is justified. So before people get too upset at those of us who disagree with OSAS, please keep in mind it will be the doom of some people IMO and how then in good conscience do I sit back and say nothing? People like Doc are going to sin themselves and hate themselves right into a major shock would be my guess and the reason why in part will because he rests on OSAS

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#474831 Jan 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>No,if they view OSAS as a 'joke',it's because they have called the promises of the Holy Bible LIES. And you are among them.
No I believe the bible doc, it is you that pretends the verses that show you that you are wrong don't exist. Didn't you say I could show you 100 verses and it wouldn't matter to you? You want to pretend someone someone has twisted the intepretation but we haven't even given an interpretation other than to let theverses speak for themselves

Show you are not a coward doc. Show you actually believe the Bible and your beliefs are not willfull blindness where you lie to yourself because the truth is too scary to you. If you truly believe in your heart what you say is true and if you truly believe the bible is true then give the correct interpretation for these verses:

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

I could give you 50 more just like it but if you answer just 2 that will be a start.

What are you afraid of doc? Why won't you answer?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#474832 Jan 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please focus on the the part you keep repeating about Yeshua telling the thief he would be with him in paradise that day. Yeshua's soul went to Gehenna for 3 days before he was Resurrected. Do you think he took the thief's soul with him to Gehenna? Clearly was not speaking of that same day. The thief's spirit did not go to Heaven that day as Yeshua's spirit didn't even go there
Read this. This writing proves my point:

Question: "Did Jesus go to hell between His death and resurrection?"

Answer: There is a great deal of confusion in regards to this question. This concept comes primarily from the Apostles' Creed, which states,“He descended into hell.” There are also a few Scriptures which, depending on how they are translated, describe Jesus going to “hell.” In studying this issue, it is important to first understand what the Bible teaches about the realm of the dead.

In the Hebrew Scriptures, the word used to describe the realm of the dead is sheol. It simply means the “place of the dead” or the “place of departed souls/spirits.” The New Testament Greek word that is used for hell is “hades,” which also refers to “the place of the dead.” Other Scriptures in the New Testament indicate that sheol/hades is a temporary place, where souls are kept as they await the final resurrection and judgment. Revelation 20:11-15 gives a clear distinction between the two. Hell (the lake of fire) is the permanent and final place of judgment for the lost. Hades is a temporary place. So, no, Jesus did not go to hell because hell is a future realm, only put into effect after the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15).

Sheol/hades is a realm with two divisions (Matthew 11:23, 16:18; Luke 10:15, 16:23; Acts 2:27-31), the abodes of the saved and the lost. The abode of the saved was called “paradise” and “Abraham's bosom.” The abodes of the saved and the lost are separated by a “great chasm”(Luke 16:26). When Jesus ascended to heaven, He took the occupants of paradise (believers) with Him (Ephesians 4:8-10). The lost side of sheol/hades has remained unchanged. All unbelieving dead go there awaiting their final judgment in the future. Did Jesus go to sheol/hades? Yes, according to Ephesians 4:8-10 and 1 Peter 3:18-20.

[main part]
Some of the confusion has arisen from such passages as Psalm 16:10-11 as translated in the King James Version,“For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption....Thou wilt show me the path of life.”“Hell” is not a correct translation of this verse. A correct reading would be “the grave” or “sheol.” Jesus said to the thief beside Him,“Today you will be with me in paradise”(Luke 23:43). Jesus’ body was in the tomb; His soul/spirit went to the “paradise” side of sheol/hades. He then removed all the righteous dead from paradise and took them with Him to heaven. Unfortunately, in many translations of the Bible, translators are not consistent, or correct, in how they translate the Hebrew and Greek words for “sheol,”“hades,” and “hell.”[main part]

Some have the viewpoint that Jesus went to “hell” or the suffering side of sheol/hades in order to further be punished for our sins. This idea is completely unbiblical. It was the death of Jesus on the cross and His suffering in our place that sufficiently provided for our redemption. It was His shed blood that effected our own cleansing from sin (1 John 1:7-9). As He hung there on the cross, He took the sin burden of the whole human race upon Himself. He became sin for us:“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God”(2 Corinthians 5:21). This imputation of sin helps us understand Christ's struggle in the garden of Gethsemane with the cup of sin which would be poured out upon Him on the cross.

[more below]

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#474833 Jan 5, 2013
When Jesus cried upon the cross,“Oh, Father, why have you forsaken me?”(Matthew 27:46), it was then that He was separated from the Father because of the sin poured out upon Him. As He gave up His spirit, He said,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit”(Luke 23:46). His suffering in our place was completed. His soul/spirit went to the paradise side of hades. Jesus did not go to hell. Jesus’ suffering ended the moment He died. The payment for sin was paid. He then awaited the resurrection of His body and His return to glory in His ascension. Did Jesus go to hell? No. Did Jesus go to sheol/hades? Yes.
http://www.gotquestions.org/did-Jesus-go-to-h...
[[
So you see writer Skombolis, Jesus did not lie to to thief, Jesus took the thief to paradise that same day and Jesus soul was in part of hell NOT gehenna, but the other side of paradise.

So again, dead unbelievers souls and spirit in hell right now. Dead believers in Jesus Christ soul and spirit in heaven right now.

Is lack of bible knowledge why some like you make the error that dead people sleeping. Spirits not sleep. Nowhere in bible it say spirit sleep. So much of you Christians I notice write all kind of scripture and verse and no what they mean. You write so much of the bible on here, but you still no know what it mean.

You can maybe impress those on here that ignorant of the bible; but I see that you is all hat and no cattle.

I see you skombosis. You can't hide behind you ignorance of the bible by writing the bible. And if you think spirit sleep, then you ignorant of bible and no know what you talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Alt Right Lies 7,961
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min waaasssuuup 123,925
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Anthony MN 681,981
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 30 min AmPieJam UncleSam 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min onemales mother 286,499
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 982,382
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 3 hr nanoanomaly 299
More from around the web