Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474710 Jan 4, 2013
Who is the greatest in the Kingdom?

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus saying Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven?

And Jesus called a little child unto him and set him in the midst of them.

And said,Verily I say unto you. Except ye be converted and become a little children,ye shall
not enter into the Kingdom of heaven.

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child the same is greatest in the Kingdom of heaven.

And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Matthew 18:1-6

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#474711 Jan 4, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir monseuir, let us then converse in English. I am originally from Martinique, I work as a linguist and I play classical guitar. I am descended from a Greek mother and an African father neither are native to Martinique. Dubai and Oman are wonderful places. French, Greek Arabic and Wolof are my mother tongues English is my fourth language. I too am a liberal like you.
I too have a love of language and languages. My native tongue is Spanish. I have a decent command of Italian, French and Portuguese. I also lived in Amsterdam for one year and picked up some Dutch.

I have visited many Caribbean islands, but not Martinique.

I love Albeniz and Granados.

Long Beach, CA

#474712 Jan 4, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you for your kind words towards us both. I too am American and I was born in New Orleans I am a Creole (relocated to California shortly after meeting Sora fourteen years ago we are married) and I restore art for a living as you can see from my avatar I play Classical piano I favor Mendelsohnn and I am also liberal. It was an honor to speak with you again mon ami.
The two of you are clearly a delightful couple. I have a love of good music, but no talent. For me, at the very top has to be Bach, then Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin and Liszt (I could listen to his Hungarian Rhapsodies all day long).

I should also mention that I am a nonbeliever.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#474713 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that far into the future Larry ;p
I have ventured into the WINLAC forum a couple of times, and it sure as hell aint the place for me. Doesn't mean I don't like some of the posters, but it means the postings have a whole different slant to in here. I post in an Atheist forum, and that is nicer than WINLAC, I must admit. People see with their eyes that are doing the Seeking, and for each our own reasons, we Seek that which we see :)

Location hidden

#474714 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The two of you are clearly a delightful couple. I have a love of good music, but no talent. For me, at the very top has to be Bach, then Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin and Liszt (I could listen to his Hungarian Rhapsodies all day long).
Makes no difference if you are a non believer.You still welcome.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#474715 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I too have a love of language and languages. My native tongue is Spanish. I have a decent command of Italian, French and Portuguese. I also lived in Amsterdam for one year and picked up some Dutch.
I have visited many Caribbean islands, but not Martinique.
I love Albeniz and Granados.
Bonsoir monseuir, this is wonderful indeed. We have traveled through Africa, Europe and Latin America. What were your impressions of the islands? I came to America at the age of sixteen. In regards to music I am more drawn to the 18th century and before (Marin Marais and Monseuir Saint-Colombe come to mind) my sister was a proficient Viola da Gamba player, she died young. Seraphine's tastes are more 19th century . We both love opera and especially Verdi.

Long Beach, CA

#474716 Jan 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes no difference if you are a non believer.You still welcome.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#474717 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you very much we are blessed to have eachother. Liszt is wonderful, Beethoven's music is beautiful too. I like Alkan as well, I excel at his works. I also like Brahms. I am more "Modern" in Classical music than Sora is. But he loves Andres Segovia, we visited his home in Linares, Spain many times. In regards to your beliefs we cannot speak for anyone else but we take no issue with it. If I may ask and I hope I am not prying too deeply if I am please tell me but why do you not believe? Sora and I are Catholic.

#474718 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I appreciate that.
Mmmmh; welcome Catcher1, as Lil Whispers said. Do we need someone else to argue against our beliefs of GOD in here? Nope. Do we need someone else in here who is happy to take each of us as we are, regardless of belief? Yep. Let's see if the man in you steps up and takes on the role of the needy :) And then the welcome will have much more meaning!! Apologies, but in GOD I Trust and in man(kind) I have little confidence, but that is through experiences and personally, I judge all fairly as such, as they are taken. We cannot know taken until we have experienced some takings :)

Long Beach, CA

#474719 Jan 4, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir monseuir, this is wonderful indeed. We have traveled through Africa, Europe and Latin America. What were your impressions of the islands? I came to America at the age of sixteen. In regards to music I am more drawn to the 18th century and before (Marin Marais and Monseuir Saint-Colombe come to mind) my sister was a proficient Viola da Gamba player, she died young. Seraphine's tastes are more 19th century . We both love opera and especially Verdi.
The islands are wonderful. For me, best has been Barbados--warm, happy people, beautiful racial mix,
gorgeous beaches, interesting historical places, good food. Truly a great place to be.

I came to the U.S. when I was thirteen. Before that I lived in Chile, Mexico and Peru. I find most Americans to be quite provincial, believing the U.S. is the only place worth anything and in fact fearful of widening their horizons. I could travel constantly and be happy doing it. I visited China three times last year, London and Paris are like coming home, and Spain is almost heaven for me, especially Barcelona.

I see you're not far from me in San Diego.

Location hidden

#474720 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have ventured into the WINLAC forum a couple of times, and it sure as hell aint the place for me. Doesn't mean I don't like some of the posters, but it means the postings have a whole different slant to in here. I post in an Atheist forum, and that is nicer than WINLAC, I must admit. People see with their eyes that are doing the Seeking, and for each our own reasons, we Seek that which we see :)
Bonsoir Serah, may I ask what WINLAC is please? Thank you.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#474721 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The islands are wonderful. For me, best has been Barbados--warm, happy people, beautiful racial mix,
gorgeous beaches, interesting historical places, good food. Truly a great place to be.
I came to the U.S. when I was thirteen. Before that I lived in Chile, Mexico and Peru. I find most Americans to be quite provincial, believing the U.S. is the only place worth anything and in fact fearful of widening their horizons. I could travel constantly and be happy doing it. I visited China three times last year, London and Paris are like coming home, and Spain is almost heaven for me, especially Barcelona.
I see you're not far from me in San Diego.
Bonsoir monseuir, I loved Barbados as well. In regards to Americans being provincial you may have a point. But not all are this way. Travel is wonderful but lately we have not had the time. We have visited China twice, England, Scotland and Wales are more familiar we loved Russia especially a village called Baevka. Seraphine's European ancestors are from the Provence region in France we visited there many times, I have family in Greece and Africa still. Seraphine's aunt has relocated to Montevideo.

Long Beach, CA

#474722 Jan 4, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you very much we are blessed to have eachother. Liszt is wonderful, Beethoven's music is beautiful too. I like Alkan as well, I excel at his works. I also like Brahms. I am more "Modern" in Classical music than Sora is. But he loves Andres Segovia, we visited his home in Linares, Spain many times. In regards to your beliefs we cannot speak for anyone else but we take no issue with it. If I may ask and I hope I am not prying too deeply if I am please tell me but why do you not believe? Sora and I are Catholic.
Ah, Brahms. And if I can mention one more, lately I have acquired an appreciation for Grieg.

Why I don't believe has to do with my makeup. I am a very critical thinker--a skeptic if you will. I require evidence before I can accept anything. I reject belief based on faith. Hence, to be intellectually honest, I must reject anything supernatural. I do respect anybody's beliefs, so long as they don't use them to judge others, or threaten with the fear of damnation, or attempt to convert.

I attempt to lead a decent life, respecting others, empathizing with the less fortunate, amd attempting to do my small part to make the world a better place.

Long Beach, CA

#474723 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Mmmmh; welcome Catcher1, as Lil Whispers said. Do we need someone else to argue against our beliefs of GOD in here? Nope. Do we need someone else in here who is happy to take each of us as we are, regardless of belief? Yep. Let's see if the man in you steps up and takes on the role of the needy :) And then the welcome will have much more meaning!! Apologies, but in GOD I Trust and in man(kind) I have little confidence, but that is through experiences and personally, I judge all fairly as such, as they are taken. We cannot know taken until we have experienced some takings :)
Thanks for the welcome.

:)

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#474724 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have ventured into the WINLAC forum a couple of times, and it sure as hell aint the place for me. Doesn't mean I don't like some of the posters, but it means the postings have a whole different slant to in here. I post in an Atheist forum, and that is nicer than WINLAC, I must admit. People see with their eyes that are doing the Seeking, and for each our own reasons, we Seek that which we see :)
Hi Serah :) I agree with and believe just about everything you post but WINLAC is the most interesting thread on this forum, IMHEO, one could write a book or thesis just on it. Topix in general has it's moments though :D
Blessings <3

#474725 Jan 4, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Serah, may I ask what WINLAC is please? Thank you.
Greetings and sorry, Madame Seraphine, it means "Why I Am No Longer a Christian" and every now and then, some post from that forum in here and vice versa, so some of us know the thread from others. You may see them pop in here that it is because of Christians like us that they walked away from Christianity ~ because they too are seeing what they wish to see. They are not looking for the care factor ~ they are looking for the nasty factor, and of course, quite often find it. I don't think that any of us in here are anything like JESUS was, and JESUS is what Christianity is all about. I no longer write about JESUS and Christians to some because their reaction is exactly as one would expect it to be, and not really open for debate, just prepared for an argument.

I hope you can overlook that which is negative in here, it can be hard and brings out the worst in us, but for those of us who have persevered, we have become life long friends, regardless of which side of the fence we think we are standing :)

Location hidden

#474726 Jan 4, 2013
Consider the lilies.

Therefore I say unto you.Take no thought for your life.What ye shall eat or what ye shall drink;nor yet for your body what ye shall put on.Is not life more than meat and the body than raiment?

Behold the fowls of the air;for they sow not,neither do they reap,nor gather into barns;yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.Are ye not much better than they?

Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

And why take ye thought for raiment?
Consider the lilies of the field,how they grow;they toil not,neither do they spin:

And yet I say unto you.That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Wherefore if God so clothe the grass of the field which today is and tomorrow is cast into the oven shall he not much more clothe you,O ye of little faith.

Therefore take no thought saying what shall I eat or what shall I drink or wherewithal shall we be clothed.

(For all theses things do the Gentiles seek)For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all theses things.

But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow;for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself;
sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:25-34

#474727 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the welcome.
:)
My Pleasure, Catcher1 :)

#474728 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Serah :) I agree with and believe just about everything you post but WINLAC is the most interesting thread on this forum, IMHEO, one could write a book or thesis just on it. Topix in general has it's moments though :D
Blessings <3
That's OK, I understand why you find it interesting, but I think I lobbed in there on a really bad day, and the words were awful. I think page 1 of the forum is pretty good though, and nothing like some of the postings and pages near the end. I started out in the Muslim forums, telling them there was no need for war, and ended up being cyber stalked, so agree with you about Topix having its' moments LOL.

Blessings to you also :)

Location hidden

#474729 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Brahms. And if I can mention one more, lately I have acquired an appreciation for Grieg.
Why I don't believe has to do with my makeup. I am a very critical thinker--a skeptic if you will. I require evidence before I can accept anything. I reject belief based on faith. Hence, to be intellectually honest, I must reject anything supernatural. I do respect anybody's beliefs, so long as they don't use them to judge others, or threaten with the fear of damnation, or attempt to convert.
I attempt to lead a decent life, respecting others, empathizing with the less fortunate, amd attempting to do my small part to make the world a better place.
Bonsoir mon ami, I like Grieg too his style is nationalistic. I believe that we should lead by example our actions are louder than our words. Your beliefs are your own and Sora and I respect that and respect you for stating them to us.*Sips wine* I am pleased that my question did not offend you. May I ask further if you had any unpleasant encounters with Christians? I believe we can do better than this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Bongo 793,541
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min WasteWater 120,613
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 6 min An NFL Fan 455
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min WasteWater 5,305
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min WasteWater 267,256
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Anthony MN 567,354
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min GodFreeByChoice 5,753
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min bacon hater 97,419
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr Mickey Mouse 488
More from around the web