Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have me mixed up with somebody else. I have never participated in a discussion of abiogenesis, on any thread.
And I'm glad that, despite your confusion, perhaps you haven't fallen off the wagon.
Godspeed.
I didn't say you were in the discussion

That is what makes your obsession all the funnier. You got mad when I was in an argument with Tide. Ironically he and I moved past it and he even apologized if he was being a jerk and I did the same. Yet since then you have been obsessed with me. It probably has been close to 100 posts wouldn't you say that you have written me first, unsolicited?

Too bad Christmas just passed. Next year if you are still following me i will buy you a hand mirror. That way you can check to see if your testicles are still there. You are going to need to check if you are still following me and reporting my movements back to other people!

~snicker

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Much the way I see it as well.
Well that makes at least one of a heretic! LOL

This is getting scary:)

Just kidding on the fact that I am sure someone will have something to say about that! Hey, the truth is the truth as I see it and that's how i see it too.

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Jude had passionate energy for the faith.
He wanted each of us to operate in the word of God by our faith.For the size there is probably no book in the Bible that packs a greater faith wallop than the little book of the man of God named Jude.Read all twenty five verses.

Keep yourselves in the love of God looking for mercy or our Lord Jesus Christ unto enternal life.

To the only wise God our Savior be glory and majesty dominion and power both now and ever.
Amen.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Andrew. I can't stay long, but there is one thing in your post which intrigued me. You wrote, "Salvation has always been of the Hebrews."
I don't quite follow what you mean. It was Adam who brought the curse upon the earth and all that is in it, yet God didn't turn His back on humanity. As a matter of fact, the period from Adam to the flood is a time during which all of humanity was given the opportunity to have a knowledge of God based on what transpired with Cain and Abel, and that is if they would bring a blood sacrifice when they sinned, God would accept them based on their faith. So based on scripture, salvation was available before there ever was a Hebrew nation.
I firmly believe that when we study the scriptures that we can't anticipate future revelation, and since, at this particular time in human history, most of God's complete plan was still a mystery. If I am missing something, please enlighten me.
I wouldn't say you're missing anything Drew; thanks for the response. Now it is said that Av'raham (Abraham) was the first Hebrew. When it comes on to blood sacrifice, it was done by a Levite of which one high priest is chosen from 1 of 12 families. A gentile could not partake of this unless he by adoption or otherwise was grafted into Yisra'el (Israel). During the time of Adam, Abel became the first blood sacrifice, but this blood sacrifice brought upon mankind more death rather than life. I was not aware of any sacrificial system before the time of Av'raham because the intent of the flood was to destroy evil upon the planet.

John 4:22 says "Salvation is of the Jews" for several reasons. Before Yashua Ha Mashiach (barack be He) died for our sins, the sin sacrifice was done within the Hebrew temple. there were two goats. One brought in and slain and the other representing Azazel or some say Ha Satan, was led through the wilderness. He was not just let go into the wilderness, but was ushered off a cliff. there a lot more to it but that's a lot of explaining. Also, it means Yashua Ha Mashiach is a Hebrew born from the tribe of Yudah (Judah) and He is teh Savior of all mankind. If anyone has a better interpretation I would be happy to see it.

Shalom & Love,

Andrew (CS).

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you were in the discussion
That is what makes your obsession all the funnier. You got mad when I was in an argument with Tide. Ironically he and I moved past it and he even apologized if he was being a jerk and I did the same. Yet since then you have been obsessed with me. It probably has been close to 100 posts wouldn't you say that you have written me first, unsolicited?
Too bad Christmas just passed. Next year if you are still following me i will buy you a hand mirror. That way you can check to see if your testicles are still there. You are going to need to check if you are still following me and reporting my movements back to other people!
~snicker
Not even 10, and only to mock you, Mr. Felon.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hu
But this was kind of my point. From your post you definitely did not want Romney to win more than Obama. Even if you didn't think Obama deserved another term you though he did some good things and it was Romney you really didn't want it there. So you don't vote for either as kind of a protest vote. But had Romney won, you not voting was like voting for him. Because had you voted and were forced to pick between the two you would have voted for Obama as lesser of two evils.
Not necessarily so Skom ...I'm a registered Republican. And since I didn't put myself in the booth, I can't say for sure what I'd of done standing there looking at push-buttons. And if I can't say what I might of done, surely nobody else can say for sure either. But for the sake of argument, pls allow me to reiterate; I'm a die-hard Republican.

I can make one guarantee; had a woman been running on the republican ticket, I would not of hesitated. Equally so; had a woman been running on the democratic ticket ...I may of changed my position.
So now because you didn't vote, that is one less vote Romney has to overcome.
Or Obama ...we don't know for sure.
And it makes a difference sometimes. Just look at Ralph Nadar. The guy was waaaay more Democrat than Republican and stayed in the race just to make a point and what happened was some of the people that would have voted Democrat had they been forced to choose voted for Nadar and that 2-3% he got was enough to swing the election to the Republicans. Voting for a third party is the same as not voting. It just means the guy you really don't want in there over the two now has a better chance.
Just some food for thought.
(T) Peace
Utilization of the Electoral College has the ability to change the outcome also. I believe if we utilized the Popular Vote only the outcomes could be very different.

And one thing I failed to mention ...
Even tho Obama saw to it that the bin Laden threat was neutralized, and I admire him immensely for that, it still wasn't enough to win me over hands down. There are just to many of his other policies that I disagree with.

Thanks for the exchange Skom ...and the food for thought.

hu

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how thrilled God is to see people use His words to hide behind to insult people? Because I am sure that is what He wants them being used for right?
I don't know Steve...why does any of it really matter. I have asked myself that for the last couple of weeks. I finally have my answer I think...

Here are some examples about why the doctrine of "once saved always saved" (IMO) has destroyed Christianity.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

There is more by this Christian but I think that you will get my point.

I am not sure that I do but I do not believe any God exists that pardons this type of behavior.

I have taken a long hard look at the faith that I tried to hold on to. It is time to let it go.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Andrew
Can we even conclude that though necessarily? Who decided what 66 books to use and based on what criteria? I have found very little information in this regard.
Well the canon that teh Roman Catholics use has 80 books, which includes the Apocrypha as in Esdras, Tobit, Ecclesiasticus, The Wisdom of Solomon, etc, etc.
Skombolis wrote:
The problem as I see it is not so much contradictions but emphasis and I believe it is due to purpose. Someone can find in writings of Paul verses that correspond with the teachings of Christ but the verses that directly tie into Christ's teachings are few and far between. Almost his entire gospel is that of grace. And of course we need God's grace to be saved but Paul says little of repentance and obedience and faithfulness, but little is not the same as nothing as he does say it.
I'm following to a point here and realize that you haven't bothered to mention that Paul's missionary journeys went into Greek and Roman teritories by way of his Roman citizenship. Also, Apollos and a few others that hung around him were Greek. Luke his good buddy was also Greek. There is little or no emphasis being placed on the Law as opposed to other books. So why one would wonder, did Paul set up Bait Yahweh (Bayits) in only those places, like Athens, Thossalonika, Corinth, galatia, Alexandria, Rome, etc. He was also portrayed as a character at odds with Peter and some of the other Apostles even though this was after his conversion.
Skombolis wrote:
So the question would be why? Why such a huge emphasis on Grace and such little on the rest of what Jesus taught? My opinion is the answer is purpose. Paul's main purpose was to grow Christianity. People were returning to Judaism and quite frankly without Paul keeping things going Christianity may not have survived. But if you want to get more followers, what is the best way to do it? Focus on the fact that they are no longer to sin and sinning is of the devil and those that continue to sin are not of God and you must repent and be obedient to remain under the sacrifice and faith without works is dead? Or is the best way to focus on grace to the point where some may get the idea that their salvation is sign, sealed, and delivered no matter what they do, how they do it? That whether they do for the least of those, whether they keep sinning, whether they obedient, or any of that stuff makes no difference. Some may even believe they have been specially picked, predestined to be saved and if someone so chose, they could sit back and ride it out and no matter what they are saved.
Paul's main purpose was not to grow Christianity. Christianity was a name given by the Romans because they wanted to steal the idea, just as they stole the gods of other nations and called your savior Jesus. What Constantine did was to legalize this movement and eventually place it under a Roman Catholic banner. Paul as the other Apostles were members of "The Way" [of Life] or a Hebrew Qahal. So how was Paul's purpose to expand Christianity?

Continued....

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
And of course there is always the argument that naturally you will now do what is right as you have been transformed into a better person so obedience is an automatic consequence. And don't worry if you sin because any sin you ever commit has already been forgiven. And I know some people don't abuse this or still want to be obedient out of love. But if you want to expand the faith which was his goal, and he already stated he will become whatever he needs to in order to reach whoever he has to, of course he is going to do the soft sell. And we see this problem in some churches still today. They give the soft sell because they don't want to turn away members.
Agreed![Mostly]
Skombolis wrote:
So IMHO his words haven't been altered. It is simply his focus was on grace so much because that was the easiest way to expand. He made sure to include the rest but it takes some looking
(T) Peace
Ok. So basically you would probably also say nothing in the bible was altered, right? The fact that much of the translations were so poorly done and done without proper respect means some type of alteration was done from the very beginning. Interesting.

:)

Andrew (CS).

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Steve...why does any of it really matter. I have asked myself that for the last couple of weeks. I finally have my answer I think...
Here are some examples about why the doctrine of "once saved always saved" (IMO) has destroyed Christianity.
There is more by this Christian but I think that you will get my point.
I am not sure that I do but I do not believe any God exists that pardons this type of behavior.
I have taken a long hard look at the faith that I tried to hold on to. It is time to let it go.
Hi Annie.

The actions of any one individual or any group of people haven't and never will "destroy Christianity". And for you to say "once saved always saved" has "destroyed Christianity" is simply not the truth and you know it isn't. Nothing nor anybody can destroy Christianity because it is of Christ.

You are way off the mark with your thinking. You're looking at the Christian faith as being defined by the actions some bad apples that claim to be Christians, be them Christian or not. That doesn't define Christianity any more than some bad teachers define teaching, or some bad doctors or nurses defining workers in the medical field. Etc...

The Christian faith isn't defined by those that claim it. It's defined by Christ the Saviour and faith in Him and faith in what He's done for us as Christians.

Do you define the human race as being bad because of the actions of some bad members of the human race? Of course not.

Than why do you define the Christian faith by the bad actions of some that claim to be a part of the Christian faith.

All you're doing is pointing at what you perceive as some bad Christians saying they are why Christianity has been destroyed.

I didn't think you were that closed minded Annie. I guess I was wrong.

I wonder what your reaction would be if I were to say the nasty down right sick actions of some non-Christians that post in Topix define all non-Christians.

I think we both know the answer so that one don't we Annie? You along with many other non-Christians would be highly offended and would say so in no uncertain terms.

I rather doubt you'd like to be compared with that vile Katlin character that you don't seem to have a problem with in the WINLAC thread. Should people view you in the same light as her and say "see that's what non-Christians are like, and Annie's a non-Christian so she's just like her, and is the reason why non-Christians are the way they are".

Sounds rather unfair and closed minded now doesn't it Annie?

Since: Jul 08

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What up CJ, good to see ya
When it was going on I was hoping actually it might turn into a decent discussion where people took on a difficult subject, an uncomfortable subject even, and we discussed it as believers and what we felt about it. Of course that didn't happen. Epi responded and that was it.
This is why I don't give a ratt's ass anymore when people wanna complain something interrupted their conversation about cookies or they don't like what someone is posting. You show people scripture and they ignore it. You can to discuss scripture..not even debate but discuss,..and nobody has anything to say. Short of telling other people their beliefs are wrong we really don't talk about scripture at all in here. Half the time it is even used it is to hide behind an insult.
I am not saying this place has to be a bible-study. But considering the topic is "why should Jesus love me" you think we might be more interested in what Jesus had to say or even have some opinions on it. Oh well. If you want to stroke the coals though just tell other people they worship under the devil or they are of the devil or their beliefs are of the devil. It seems to be the go-to move and i know first hand it works as it bugs me! LOL
(T) Peace
Good to see you Skom.

Naw. I'll pass this time on trying to stir up things.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you turn you back on seeking medical help if you needed it saying "I've lost my faith in getting medical help because of the behaviour of a doctor, so it's time to let go of any faith I had in the medical field, I'll just sit here and see what happens"?

Do you really think it's wise to base your decision on whether or not God exists because of the behaviour of what man does?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

To All churches belonging to this world
Called
WORLDWIDE CHRISTINAITY AND WORLD THEOLOGICAL WISDOM
----------
1 COR 3;18-19
Lets no man deceive himself
if any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world(and church)
LET HIM BECOME A FOOL,THAT HE MAYBE WISE
19/
FOR THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD(INCLUDED WORLD CHRISTIANITY)
IS FOOLISHENSS WITH GOD

FOR IT IS WRITTEN;
HE TAKETH THE WISE IN THEIR OWN CRAFTINESS
----------

WHOLE WORLD AND WORLD CHRISTIANITY ARE FALLEN IN OWN TRAP OF DEATH AND SERVICE TO THE DEMONS

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey, the truth is the truth as I see it.
(T) Peace
Well, that comes as no surprise to anyone, we've all seen how you MUST have it your way..........

The truth is the truth as >skom< sees it..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Larry, I know you care about Topix this much. You and your socks manipulate icons and you have spent a year following some dude around the internet as your business in real life goes under because that is how mad you got over an internet chat-room.
You should to pray to your god that you never talk to and that you don't know anything about for some common sense and perspective. Poor guy, you wasted a year obsessing over another dude. I take it you never got a new car right? You don't have to buy it from where I work but sheesh Larry, you are going to be living in a cardboard box if you keep this obsession up!
The desperation of a weak minded christian. Now I have socks..........

Grasping at straws for a feel good moment.......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually little Larry she is the one that initiated every conversation for a year. The "victim" routine as much as you want to pretend she is one or she wants to play one doesn't work
And she just got done posting what a tough girl she is. If she can talk about how where other people worship is corrupt and of the devil and doesn't teach things from God then she can can deal with the responses
Maybe you can start a new home-business called tissues for Internet crybabies. That way every time someone says something BACK to you or one of your fellow crybabies you can grab an over-sized tissue and wipe those tears! LOL
Poor little victimized posters. Your commercial can be, "simply tell someone they are a pedophile or the worship under the devil and they were really mean to you about it, well here at Larry's cardboard box and tissue store we know just how you feel" LOL, I am just kidding Larry, I know you could never afford a commercial:)
Notice how when Skom gets mad, he refers to posters as 'little' even though he has no idea of the size of any poster here really. This obviously makes him feel bigger and better about himself. An ego boost if you will. I told you it was fragile.........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you turn you back on seeking medical help if you needed it saying "I've lost my faith in getting medical help because of the behaviour of a doctor, so it's time to let go of any faith I had in the medical field, I'll just sit here and see what happens"?
Do you really think it's wise to base your decision on whether or not God exists because of the behaviour of what man does?
Oh come on Red!! Can you blame her?

Who would want you people have? This thread has been one nonstop arguement of childish behavior from the beginning..........

This is a fine example of christianity after 2000 years. The nice thing about it is its on the internet. I have no doubt in 100, 200, 300 years pschycologists will be studying this thread and saying to themselves, What the fugg, how did man survive..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Should say: Who would want what you people have.....

Another amendment to the post: theres no need to wait hundreds of years, if they would study it now they would be saying what the fugg..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
Should say: Who would want what you people have.....
Another amendment to the post: theres no need to wait hundreds of years, if they would study it now they would be saying what the fugg..........
I Study daily those threads,for librares and revisionistic views about this False worldwide cheistianity and their so called self named Saints?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Modern American Christianity lack of understanding of the ancient Hebrew and Arameic, Near Eastern biblical culture has led to thousands of false and misinterpretations of what was meant to be IDIOMATIC OR METAFORIC
----------
ANCIENT LANGUAGES PLUS KINE ANCIENT GREEK CONTAIN SUCH IDIOMATIC AND METAFORIC UNDERSTANDING

TILL TODAY LANGUAGES HAVE SAME METAFORS AND IDIOMATIC SENSES; MIDDLE EAST SEMITIC WORLD,RUSSIA, EAST EUROPA AND GREECE

ENGLISH IS MOST DECEIVED LANGUAGE COMPLETLY CREATE PILE OF WORTHLESS MISINTERPRETATIONS DECEIVING MASS OF HUMANS SPOKEN ONLY THIS LANGUAGE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

341 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GMO foods and you! 2 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 69
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min MUQ1 257,189
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min john 115,876
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min hazem selawi 38,493
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 15 min rey 219
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min River Tam 722,590
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 46 min racism warrior 4,927
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Liam 533,887
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr bottom1980 484
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••