Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#474647 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how thrilled God is to see people use His words to hide behind to insult people? Because I am sure that is what He wants them being used for right?
I don't know Steve...why does any of it really matter. I have asked myself that for the last couple of weeks. I finally have my answer I think...

Here are some examples about why the doctrine of "once saved always saved" (IMO) has destroyed Christianity.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

There is more by this Christian but I think that you will get my point.

I am not sure that I do but I do not believe any God exists that pardons this type of behavior.

I have taken a long hard look at the faith that I tried to hold on to. It is time to let it go.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474649 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Andrew
Can we even conclude that though necessarily? Who decided what 66 books to use and based on what criteria? I have found very little information in this regard.
Well the canon that teh Roman Catholics use has 80 books, which includes the Apocrypha as in Esdras, Tobit, Ecclesiasticus, The Wisdom of Solomon, etc, etc.
Skombolis wrote:
The problem as I see it is not so much contradictions but emphasis and I believe it is due to purpose. Someone can find in writings of Paul verses that correspond with the teachings of Christ but the verses that directly tie into Christ's teachings are few and far between. Almost his entire gospel is that of grace. And of course we need God's grace to be saved but Paul says little of repentance and obedience and faithfulness, but little is not the same as nothing as he does say it.
I'm following to a point here and realize that you haven't bothered to mention that Paul's missionary journeys went into Greek and Roman teritories by way of his Roman citizenship. Also, Apollos and a few others that hung around him were Greek. Luke his good buddy was also Greek. There is little or no emphasis being placed on the Law as opposed to other books. So why one would wonder, did Paul set up Bait Yahweh (Bayits) in only those places, like Athens, Thossalonika, Corinth, galatia, Alexandria, Rome, etc. He was also portrayed as a character at odds with Peter and some of the other Apostles even though this was after his conversion.
Skombolis wrote:
So the question would be why? Why such a huge emphasis on Grace and such little on the rest of what Jesus taught? My opinion is the answer is purpose. Paul's main purpose was to grow Christianity. People were returning to Judaism and quite frankly without Paul keeping things going Christianity may not have survived. But if you want to get more followers, what is the best way to do it? Focus on the fact that they are no longer to sin and sinning is of the devil and those that continue to sin are not of God and you must repent and be obedient to remain under the sacrifice and faith without works is dead? Or is the best way to focus on grace to the point where some may get the idea that their salvation is sign, sealed, and delivered no matter what they do, how they do it? That whether they do for the least of those, whether they keep sinning, whether they obedient, or any of that stuff makes no difference. Some may even believe they have been specially picked, predestined to be saved and if someone so chose, they could sit back and ride it out and no matter what they are saved.
Paul's main purpose was not to grow Christianity. Christianity was a name given by the Romans because they wanted to steal the idea, just as they stole the gods of other nations and called your savior Jesus. What Constantine did was to legalize this movement and eventually place it under a Roman Catholic banner. Paul as the other Apostles were members of "The Way" [of Life] or a Hebrew Qahal. So how was Paul's purpose to expand Christianity?

Continued....

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474651 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And of course there is always the argument that naturally you will now do what is right as you have been transformed into a better person so obedience is an automatic consequence. And don't worry if you sin because any sin you ever commit has already been forgiven. And I know some people don't abuse this or still want to be obedient out of love. But if you want to expand the faith which was his goal, and he already stated he will become whatever he needs to in order to reach whoever he has to, of course he is going to do the soft sell. And we see this problem in some churches still today. They give the soft sell because they don't want to turn away members.
Agreed![Mostly]
Skombolis wrote:
So IMHO his words haven't been altered. It is simply his focus was on grace so much because that was the easiest way to expand. He made sure to include the rest but it takes some looking
(T) Peace
Ok. So basically you would probably also say nothing in the bible was altered, right? The fact that much of the translations were so poorly done and done without proper respect means some type of alteration was done from the very beginning. Interesting.

:)

Andrew (CS).

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#474653 Jan 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Steve...why does any of it really matter. I have asked myself that for the last couple of weeks. I finally have my answer I think...
Here are some examples about why the doctrine of "once saved always saved" (IMO) has destroyed Christianity.
I am not sure that I do but I do not believe any God exists that pardons this type of behavior.
I have taken a long hard look at the faith that I tried to hold on to. It is time to let it go.
Hi Annie.

The actions of any one individual or any group of people haven't and never will "destroy Christianity". And for you to say "once saved always saved" has "destroyed Christianity" is simply not the truth and you know it isn't. Nothing nor anybody can destroy Christianity because it is of Christ.

You are way off the mark with your thinking. You're looking at the Christian faith as being defined by the actions some bad apples that claim to be Christians, be them Christian or not. That doesn't define Christianity any more than some bad teachers define teaching, or some bad doctors or nurses defining workers in the medical field. Etc...

The Christian faith isn't defined by those that claim it. It's defined by Christ the Saviour and faith in Him and faith in what He's done for us as Christians.

Do you define the human race as being bad because of the actions of some bad members of the human race? Of course not.

Than why do you define the Christian faith by the bad actions of some that claim to be a part of the Christian faith.

All you're doing is pointing at what you perceive as some bad Christians saying they are why Christianity has been destroyed.

I didn't think you were that closed minded Annie. I guess I was wrong.

I wonder what your reaction would be if I were to say the nasty down right sick actions of some non-Christians that post in Topix define all non-Christians.

I think we both know the answer so that one don't we Annie? You along with many other non-Christians would be highly offended and would say so in no uncertain terms.

I rather doubt you'd like to be compared with that vile Katlin character that you don't seem to have a problem with in the WINLAC thread. Should people view you in the same light as her and say "see that's what non-Christians are like, and Annie's a non-Christian so she's just like her, and is the reason why non-Christians are the way they are".

Sounds rather unfair and closed minded now doesn't it Annie?

Since: Jul 08

New York, NY

#474655 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What up CJ, good to see ya
When it was going on I was hoping actually it might turn into a decent discussion where people took on a difficult subject, an uncomfortable subject even, and we discussed it as believers and what we felt about it. Of course that didn't happen. Epi responded and that was it.
This is why I don't give a ratt's ass anymore when people wanna complain something interrupted their conversation about cookies or they don't like what someone is posting. You show people scripture and they ignore it. You can to discuss scripture..not even debate but discuss,..and nobody has anything to say. Short of telling other people their beliefs are wrong we really don't talk about scripture at all in here. Half the time it is even used it is to hide behind an insult.
I am not saying this place has to be a bible-study. But considering the topic is "why should Jesus love me" you think we might be more interested in what Jesus had to say or even have some opinions on it. Oh well. If you want to stroke the coals though just tell other people they worship under the devil or they are of the devil or their beliefs are of the devil. It seems to be the go-to move and i know first hand it works as it bugs me! LOL
(T) Peace
Good to see you Skom.

Naw. I'll pass this time on trying to stir up things.

Location hidden

#474657 Jan 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you turn you back on seeking medical help if you needed it saying "I've lost my faith in getting medical help because of the behaviour of a doctor, so it's time to let go of any faith I had in the medical field, I'll just sit here and see what happens"?

Do you really think it's wise to base your decision on whether or not God exists because of the behaviour of what man does?

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#474660 Jan 4, 2013
To All churches belonging to this world
Called
WORLDWIDE CHRISTINAITY AND WORLD THEOLOGICAL WISDOM
----------
1 COR 3;18-19
Lets no man deceive himself
if any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world(and church)
LET HIM BECOME A FOOL,THAT HE MAYBE WISE
19/
FOR THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD(INCLUDED WORLD CHRISTIANITY)
IS FOOLISHENSS WITH GOD

FOR IT IS WRITTEN;
HE TAKETH THE WISE IN THEIR OWN CRAFTINESS
----------

WHOLE WORLD AND WORLD CHRISTIANITY ARE FALLEN IN OWN TRAP OF DEATH AND SERVICE TO THE DEMONS

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#474661 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

Hey, the truth is the truth as I see it.
(T) Peace
Well, that comes as no surprise to anyone, we've all seen how you MUST have it your way..........

The truth is the truth as >skom< sees it..........

#474662 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Larry, I know you care about Topix this much. You and your socks manipulate icons and you have spent a year following some dude around the internet as your business in real life goes under because that is how mad you got over an internet chat-room.
You should to pray to your god that you never talk to and that you don't know anything about for some common sense and perspective. Poor guy, you wasted a year obsessing over another dude. I take it you never got a new car right? You don't have to buy it from where I work but sheesh Larry, you are going to be living in a cardboard box if you keep this obsession up!
The desperation of a weak minded christian. Now I have socks..........

Grasping at straws for a feel good moment.......

#474663 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually little Larry she is the one that initiated every conversation for a year. The "victim" routine as much as you want to pretend she is one or she wants to play one doesn't work
And she just got done posting what a tough girl she is. If she can talk about how where other people worship is corrupt and of the devil and doesn't teach things from God then she can can deal with the responses
Maybe you can start a new home-business called tissues for Internet crybabies. That way every time someone says something BACK to you or one of your fellow crybabies you can grab an over-sized tissue and wipe those tears! LOL
Poor little victimized posters. Your commercial can be, "simply tell someone they are a pedophile or the worship under the devil and they were really mean to you about it, well here at Larry's cardboard box and tissue store we know just how you feel" LOL, I am just kidding Larry, I know you could never afford a commercial:)
Notice how when Skom gets mad, he refers to posters as 'little' even though he has no idea of the size of any poster here really. This obviously makes him feel bigger and better about himself. An ego boost if you will. I told you it was fragile.........

#474664 Jan 4, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you turn you back on seeking medical help if you needed it saying "I've lost my faith in getting medical help because of the behaviour of a doctor, so it's time to let go of any faith I had in the medical field, I'll just sit here and see what happens"?
Do you really think it's wise to base your decision on whether or not God exists because of the behaviour of what man does?
Oh come on Red!! Can you blame her?

Who would want you people have? This thread has been one nonstop arguement of childish behavior from the beginning..........

This is a fine example of christianity after 2000 years. The nice thing about it is its on the internet. I have no doubt in 100, 200, 300 years pschycologists will be studying this thread and saying to themselves, What the fugg, how did man survive..........

#474665 Jan 4, 2013
Should say: Who would want what you people have.....

Another amendment to the post: theres no need to wait hundreds of years, if they would study it now they would be saying what the fugg..........

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#474666 Jan 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Should say: Who would want what you people have.....
Another amendment to the post: theres no need to wait hundreds of years, if they would study it now they would be saying what the fugg..........
I Study daily those threads,for librares and revisionistic views about this False worldwide cheistianity and their so called self named Saints?

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#474667 Jan 4, 2013
Modern American Christianity lack of understanding of the ancient Hebrew and Arameic, Near Eastern biblical culture has led to thousands of false and misinterpretations of what was meant to be IDIOMATIC OR METAFORIC
----------
ANCIENT LANGUAGES PLUS KINE ANCIENT GREEK CONTAIN SUCH IDIOMATIC AND METAFORIC UNDERSTANDING

TILL TODAY LANGUAGES HAVE SAME METAFORS AND IDIOMATIC SENSES; MIDDLE EAST SEMITIC WORLD,RUSSIA, EAST EUROPA AND GREECE

ENGLISH IS MOST DECEIVED LANGUAGE COMPLETLY CREATE PILE OF WORTHLESS MISINTERPRETATIONS DECEIVING MASS OF HUMANS SPOKEN ONLY THIS LANGUAGE

Location hidden

#474668 Jan 4, 2013
I see where Topix once again is removing shrinky's vile posts. Looks like when they are reported Topix is removing them again. Guess we'll have to keep on reporting him and the many other I.D.'s he uses. Like the BTJ I.D. he's using tonight.

Perhaps someday the message will sink in with him.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#474669 Jan 4, 2013
BIBLE TRUE DUMBSHIT wrote:
I Study daily those threads,for librares and revisionistic views about this False worldwide cheistianity and their so called self named Saints?
Shut-up stupid ...

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Location hidden

#474671 Jan 4, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Shut-up stupid ...
check
www.barnessreview.com
"christianity"

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#474672 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers ~ and I agree with you about hardening the heart might make us harder towards GOD, even if unintentionally. HE gave us our emotions for a purpose and our laughter for a reason :)
Bonjour Serah, the emotions He gave to us are to be lived and experienced to the fullest I believe.
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#474674 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, yes, indeed our actions attest our Faith, and actions speak louder than words. I am seeking to find humility, and to lose arrogance but must admit it is not as easy as it sounds or as it is to write :)
You must like the heat and solitude if you have made a few trips through the Sahara, and I have not been overseas LOL, but have made many Pet friendly holidays and have been to most of the cities in Australia.
It is nice to see some more friendly 'faces' in our forum, and thank you for your Blessings of comfort and mercy. Let us Pray that 2013 is a year of Peace for all of us who share this one world world together :)
Bonjour Madame Serah, we should consider more carefully how our words affect other people and then consider the emotional toll on ourselves as well. Arrogance is developed from the ego and pride. In regards to our trips through the Sahara yes, I do like the heat I am originally from Martinique and Seraphine is from New Orleans. The solitude helps me to think and to gather my thoughts I also need it to compose and perform my music. I play classical guitar. Furthermore as to being nice, that I am and thank you for the compliment.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#474684 Jan 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's the infamous Viking. Colour me speechless.
Peace Annie <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 88,398
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 4 min Benny 101
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min RiversideRedneck 977,450
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 7 min Buck Crick 652
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min confrinting with ... 665,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min X Pendable 284,652
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min RiccardoFire 45,858
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 hr Buck Crick 267
More from around the web