Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#474624 Jan 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
If those so called contradictions existed before the canonization, then many of paul's writings wouuld not have made it into the 66 books were currently have.
My apologies for the TypeOs.
Shalom & Love,
Andrew (CS).
Hey Andrew

Can we even conclude that though necessarily? Who decided what 66 books to use and based on what criteria? I have found very little information in this regard

The problem as I see it is not so much contradictions but emphasis and I believe it is due to purpose. Someone can find in writings of Paul verses that correspond with the teachings of Christ but the verses that directly tie into Christ's teachings are few and far between. Almost his entire gospel is that of grace. And of course we need God's grace to be saved but Paul says little of repentance and obedience and faithfulness, but little is not the same as nothing as he does say it

So the question would be why? Why such a huge emphasis on Grace and such little on the rest of what Jesus taught? My opinion is the answer is purpose. Paul's main purpose was to grow Christianity. People were returning to Judaism and quite frankly without Paul keeping things going Christianity may not have survived. But if you want to get more followers, what is the best way to do it? Focus on the fact that they are no longer to sin and sinning is of the devil and those that continue to sin are not of God and you must repent and be obedient to remain under the sacrifice and faith without works is dead? Or is the best way to focus on grace to the point where some may get the idea that their salvation is sign, sealed, and delivered no matter what they do, how they do it? That whether they do for the least of those, whether they keep sinning, whether they obedient, or any of that stuff makes no difference. Some may even believe they have been specially picked, predestined to be saved and if someone so chose, they could sit back and ride it out and no matter what they are saved.

And of course there is always the argument that naturally you will now do what is right as you have been transformed into a better person so obedience is an automatic consequence. And don't worry if you sin because any sin you ever commit has already been forgiven. And I know some people don't abuse this or still want to be obedient out of love. But if you want to expand the faith which was his goal, and he already stated he will become whatever he needs to in order to reach whoever he has to, of course he is going to do the soft sell. And we see this problem in some churches still today. They give the soft sell because they don't want to turn away members.

So IMHO his words haven't been altered. It is simply his focus was on grace so much because that was the easiest way to expand. He made sure to include the rest but it takes some looking

(T) Peace
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#474625 Jan 4, 2013
@ Dr Shrink

Funny shit. Next time you will knock him out. God bless you.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#474626 Jan 4, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Ahmed. It is monseuir Sora bonne nuit.
Bonjour, Monsieur. Je suis désolé.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#474627 Jan 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a great point here, powerful words. His truth, His words, His Law is twisted now more than ever. First the Shabbat, then idolatry, now adultery. In society today, these of the law are generally unimportant and take a back seat to murder and theft. Laws honoring Yahweh Elohiym (barack be He) are generally treated as least important of the Laws carrying no legal consequence. This is why "These Freedoms" today allows a man or a woman to worship a statue dedicated the Baal in Miami and it should be treated as ok and within the person's right. I dare to ask; is there a law against bestiality in the United States?
<quoted text>
The writings of The Apostle Paul is the most butchered writings in the entire Ketuviym (Bible). He is made to look like an extremist and almost pro Roman Catholic that appears not to properly teach adherence to the Law or teach a Hebrew Savior. These are clear because many of the things that are so called attributed to Paul seem to run contrary to what teh rest of scripture may be saying and causes people especially some people outside and inside the church to claim these are contradictions. The fact is, these modifications to the writings attributed to Paul were not done properly and has therefore been exposed. Admittedly, I was no fan of Paul but I must also be fair. If those so called contradictions existed before the canonization, then many of paul's writings wouuld not have made it into the 66 books were currently have.
My apologies for the TypeOs.
Shalom & Love,
Andrew (CS).
I posted this link a day or so ago, and I'll re-post it in case you're interested. Of particular interest to me was the part dealing with the gospel as preached by Peter vs. the gospel as preached by Paul.

You may like it, or you may not, but in either case, here it is:

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/2gospels.html

Location hidden

#474628 Jan 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a switch regardless of the reason is an admirable thing Steve. You see, oft times it isn't the Father who casts judgment upon us but we upon ourselves. We are the ones who wilfully heap coals of fire and ashes upon our head and cry woe is me. Sadly, many a time it is habitual and it's mostly some of the simplest things that hold us back. We all struggle with one thing or another, but some battles we can never fight on our own, that's why we lean on Him. It would be counterproductive for anyone, once they know that an apple is red or green or yellow to persist in calling it blue. This is when it changes from ignorance to error, from misunderstanding to sin. Ever call some lady on the phone Susan after she told you her name was Lori, and after calling her Susan a few more times she tells you once again that it isn't Susan but Lori? Makes you feel kinda silly. now imagine if after all that you continue calling her Susan. What are the things you believe would come to her mind about you...if she doesn't start getting bent out of shape. LOL
Just view it from that angle. If our Creator is perfect, then so is His name, so imagine how He must feel when we (because we're comfortable) keep hatcheting His sacred name? It would cost Christianity too much money and effort changing it now, so they won't, nor will they teach the truth about it. Believe me though, most pastors know the truth but refuse to teach the truth in its entirety. They would face consequences for teaching the truth....like losing their congregation and their job and credibility. Who wants that, right?
:)
Shalom & Love.
Andrew (CS).
I know, I just have to get into the habit of doing it. Ironically just the other day at work I asked somebody there name by guessing. I said "I'm sorry man but nobody ever told me, your name is (name) right" Now mind you he has been calling me by my name for months. But it was one of those things were so much time had passed I was embarrassed to ask and figured i would hear it at some point but never did. And I could tell he was actually a little ticked that I didn't know his name after all this time as we take break in the same area every day. So to your point, it would be much worse I am sure if after being told now I continued to call him by the wrong name. It is just hard to break an almost 40 year habit. But I am going to try to start doing it because if I am talking about Yeshua than I should call Him Yeshua.

(T) Peace

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474629 Jan 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>So I take it you're non-religious...
That's a cute icon Mylan. is that a hampster or a cat?

Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#474633 Jan 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a cute icon Mylan. is that a hampster or a cat?
Andrew (CS).
Let me add, the teachings of Yeshua are not easy to live by. He wanted us to be perfect as the Father is perfect. If you had to get new followers and especially if you don't go into detail about what IN CHRIST means, tell me what verses you would use?

1)Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

2) Matthew 25
44"They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous
to eternal life."

3) Romans 8:1
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

It someone's main goal was to spread Christianity, what would be the best way to do it? What would be the best thing to focus on? But that doesn't make the rest of the verses disappear. And either we believe the teachings of Yeshua apply to us today or we have other thoughts on how they do. To me they unquestionably still do and can still be harmonized with Paul's in the few places where Paul goes into those areas.

(T) Peace
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#474634 Jan 4, 2013
@Skombolis

Taken from prove there´S a god
Catcher1 wrote:
It seems Skombolis is alive and, well, he's alive anyway, going hot and heavy on the Why Should Jesus Love me thread. One example:
Larry, I know you care about Topix this much. You and your socks manipulate icons and you have spent a year following some dude around the internet as your business in real life goes under because that is how mad you got over an internet chat-room.
You should to pray to your god that you never talk to and that you don't know anything about for some common sense and perspective. Poor guy, you wasted a year obsessing over another dude. I take it you never got a new car right? You don't have to buy it from where I work but sheesh Larry, you are going to be living in a cardboard box if you keep this obsession up!
Somebody loves you.

Location hidden

#474635 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Skombolis
<quoted text>
Somebody loves you.
LOL

It is mind-boggling how insane some of these people on Topix are! LOL

This dude is exactly like Larry. He may even be "larry". He got upset with me like 6 months ago when I was in a debate about abogenesis and the dude has been obsessing over me evr since. I bet you he has written be 100 times minimum since then when I never post in his direction. Now they are talking aboout me in other rooms?

Holy crap I can not believe some of the type of "men" that are in society today. They get into fights with other dudes on the internet and follow then around and put pictures on their posts and talk about them in other rooms. Maybe they were raised just by a single mom. I am not knocking the mother as more power to her for taking on what should be a two-person task and doing all the work herself as that is awesome. But clearly a male role model was missing in their lives. LOL, straight up b*tches. I almost never swear online out of respect for others but there is no other way to say that! Thanks for the laugh!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474636 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Andrew
Can we even conclude that though necessarily? Who decided what 66 books to use and based on what criteria? I have found very little information in this regard
The problem as I see it is not so much contradictions but emphasis and I believe it is due to purpose. Someone can find in writings of Paul verses that correspond with the teachings of Christ but the verses that directly tie into Christ's teachings are few and far between. Almost his entire gospel is that of grace. And of course we need God's grace to be saved but Paul says little of repentance and obedience and faithfulness, but little is not the same as nothing as he does say it
So the question would be why? Why such a huge emphasis on Grace and such little on the rest of what Jesus taught? My opinion is the answer is purpose. Paul's main purpose was to grow Christianity. People were returning to Judaism and quite frankly without Paul keeping things going Christianity may not have survived. But if you want to get more followers, what is the best way to do it? Focus on the fact that they are no longer to sin and sinning is of the devil and those that continue to sin are not of God and you must repent and be obedient to remain under the sacrifice and faith without works is dead? Or is the best way to focus on grace to the point where some may get the idea that their salvation is sign, sealed, and delivered no matter what they do, how they do it? That whether they do for the least of those, whether they keep sinning, whether they obedient, or any of that stuff makes no difference. Some may even believe they have been specially picked, predestined to be saved and if someone so chose, they could sit back and ride it out and no matter what they are saved.
And of course there is always the argument that naturally you will now do what is right as you have been transformed into a better person so obedience is an automatic consequence. And don't worry if you sin because any sin you ever commit has already been forgiven. And I know some people don't abuse this or still want to be obedient out of love. But if you want to expand the faith which was his goal, and he already stated he will become whatever he needs to in order to reach whoever he has to, of course he is going to do the soft sell. And we see this problem in some churches still today. They give the soft sell because they don't want to turn away members.
So IMHO his words haven't been altered. It is simply his focus was on grace so much because that was the easiest way to expand. He made sure to include the rest but it takes some looking
(T) Peace
Interesting. Much the way I see it as well.

Location hidden

#474637 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour, Monsieur. Je suis désolé.
Hey Catcher, come to get a glimpse at me?

LOL, just keep it at 100 yards weirdo!

Fremont, CA

#474638 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Skombolis
<quoted text>
Somebody loves you.
Not love at all, really.

Somebody had noted Skom's sudden departure from other threads, and wondered what happened to him. So I reported on his continued existence.

I thought he might have fallen off the wagon.

Fremont, CA

#474639 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
It is mind-boggling how insane some of these people on Topix are! LOL
This dude is exactly like Larry. He may even be "larry". He got upset with me like 6 months ago when I was in a debate about abogenesis and the dude has been obsessing over me evr since. I bet you he has written be 100 times minimum since then when I never post in his direction. Now they are talking aboout me in other rooms?
Holy crap I can not believe some of the type of "men" that are in society today. They get into fights with other dudes on the internet and follow then around and put pictures on their posts and talk about them in other rooms. Maybe they were raised just by a single mom. I am not knocking the mother as more power to her for taking on what should be a two-person task and doing all the work herself as that is awesome. But clearly a male role model was missing in their lives. LOL, straight up b*tches. I almost never swear online out of respect for others but there is no other way to say that! Thanks for the laugh!
I think you have me mixed up with somebody else. I have never participated in a discussion of abiogenesis, on any thread.

And I'm glad that, despite your confusion, perhaps you haven't fallen off the wagon.

Godspeed.

Location hidden

#474640 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not love at all, really.
Somebody had noted Skom's sudden departure from other threads, and wondered what happened to him. So I reported on his continued existence.
I thought he might have fallen off the wagon.
"sudden" departure? LOL

How does someone leave gradually. Do they have to keep cutting down their posts so their stalkers don't have to go cold turkey?

And of course YOU reported on my continued existence. I am sure you know where I am at all times.

WOW, you are super cool Catcher, a real man's man.

~snicker

Location hidden

#474641 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have me mixed up with somebody else. I have never participated in a discussion of abiogenesis, on any thread.
And I'm glad that, despite your confusion, perhaps you haven't fallen off the wagon.
Godspeed.
I didn't say you were in the discussion

That is what makes your obsession all the funnier. You got mad when I was in an argument with Tide. Ironically he and I moved past it and he even apologized if he was being a jerk and I did the same. Yet since then you have been obsessed with me. It probably has been close to 100 posts wouldn't you say that you have written me first, unsolicited?

Too bad Christmas just passed. Next year if you are still following me i will buy you a hand mirror. That way you can check to see if your testicles are still there. You are going to need to check if you are still following me and reporting my movements back to other people!

~snicker

Location hidden

#474642 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Much the way I see it as well.
Well that makes at least one of a heretic! LOL

This is getting scary:)

Just kidding on the fact that I am sure someone will have something to say about that! Hey, the truth is the truth as I see it and that's how i see it too.

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474643 Jan 4, 2013
Jude had passionate energy for the faith.
He wanted each of us to operate in the word of God by our faith.For the size there is probably no book in the Bible that packs a greater faith wallop than the little book of the man of God named Jude.Read all twenty five verses.

Keep yourselves in the love of God looking for mercy or our Lord Jesus Christ unto enternal life.

To the only wise God our Savior be glory and majesty dominion and power both now and ever.
Amen.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#474644 Jan 4, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Andrew. I can't stay long, but there is one thing in your post which intrigued me. You wrote, "Salvation has always been of the Hebrews."
I don't quite follow what you mean. It was Adam who brought the curse upon the earth and all that is in it, yet God didn't turn His back on humanity. As a matter of fact, the period from Adam to the flood is a time during which all of humanity was given the opportunity to have a knowledge of God based on what transpired with Cain and Abel, and that is if they would bring a blood sacrifice when they sinned, God would accept them based on their faith. So based on scripture, salvation was available before there ever was a Hebrew nation.
I firmly believe that when we study the scriptures that we can't anticipate future revelation, and since, at this particular time in human history, most of God's complete plan was still a mystery. If I am missing something, please enlighten me.
I wouldn't say you're missing anything Drew; thanks for the response. Now it is said that Av'raham (Abraham) was the first Hebrew. When it comes on to blood sacrifice, it was done by a Levite of which one high priest is chosen from 1 of 12 families. A gentile could not partake of this unless he by adoption or otherwise was grafted into Yisra'el (Israel). During the time of Adam, Abel became the first blood sacrifice, but this blood sacrifice brought upon mankind more death rather than life. I was not aware of any sacrificial system before the time of Av'raham because the intent of the flood was to destroy evil upon the planet.

John 4:22 says "Salvation is of the Jews" for several reasons. Before Yashua Ha Mashiach (barack be He) died for our sins, the sin sacrifice was done within the Hebrew temple. there were two goats. One brought in and slain and the other representing Azazel or some say Ha Satan, was led through the wilderness. He was not just let go into the wilderness, but was ushered off a cliff. there a lot more to it but that's a lot of explaining. Also, it means Yashua Ha Mashiach is a Hebrew born from the tribe of Yudah (Judah) and He is teh Savior of all mankind. If anyone has a better interpretation I would be happy to see it.

Shalom & Love,

Andrew (CS).

Fremont, CA

#474645 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you were in the discussion
That is what makes your obsession all the funnier. You got mad when I was in an argument with Tide. Ironically he and I moved past it and he even apologized if he was being a jerk and I did the same. Yet since then you have been obsessed with me. It probably has been close to 100 posts wouldn't you say that you have written me first, unsolicited?
Too bad Christmas just passed. Next year if you are still following me i will buy you a hand mirror. That way you can check to see if your testicles are still there. You are going to need to check if you are still following me and reporting my movements back to other people!
~snicker
Not even 10, and only to mock you, Mr. Felon.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#474646 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hu
But this was kind of my point. From your post you definitely did not want Romney to win more than Obama. Even if you didn't think Obama deserved another term you though he did some good things and it was Romney you really didn't want it there. So you don't vote for either as kind of a protest vote. But had Romney won, you not voting was like voting for him. Because had you voted and were forced to pick between the two you would have voted for Obama as lesser of two evils.
Not necessarily so Skom ...I'm a registered Republican. And since I didn't put myself in the booth, I can't say for sure what I'd of done standing there looking at push-buttons. And if I can't say what I might of done, surely nobody else can say for sure either. But for the sake of argument, pls allow me to reiterate; I'm a die-hard Republican.

I can make one guarantee; had a woman been running on the republican ticket, I would not of hesitated. Equally so; had a woman been running on the democratic ticket ...I may of changed my position.
So now because you didn't vote, that is one less vote Romney has to overcome.
Or Obama ...we don't know for sure.
And it makes a difference sometimes. Just look at Ralph Nadar. The guy was waaaay more Democrat than Republican and stayed in the race just to make a point and what happened was some of the people that would have voted Democrat had they been forced to choose voted for Nadar and that 2-3% he got was enough to swing the election to the Republicans. Voting for a third party is the same as not voting. It just means the guy you really don't want in there over the two now has a better chance.
Just some food for thought.
(T) Peace
Utilization of the Electoral College has the ability to change the outcome also. I believe if we utilized the Popular Vote only the outcomes could be very different.

And one thing I failed to mention ...
Even tho Obama saw to it that the bin Laden threat was neutralized, and I admire him immensely for that, it still wasn't enough to win me over hands down. There are just to many of his other policies that I disagree with.

Thanks for the exchange Skom ...and the food for thought.

hu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min nanoanomaly 87,969
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min crucifiedguy 284,507
FATIH SIEMENS Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 35 SIEMENS F... 42 min buzser 1
Siemens Cerrahpasa Siemens Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62... 45 min buzser 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min Devil number 666 977,214
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Truthiness 480
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Truthiness 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 665,191
More from around the web