Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#474592 Jan 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Prayer for today....
Dear God, I thank You for this day of life! For eyes to see the sky, for ears to hear the birds, for feet to walk amidst the trees, for hands to pick the flowers from the earth, for a sense of smell to breathe in the sweet perfumes of Your created nature, for a mind to think about and appreciate the magic of everyday miracles, for a spirit to swell in joy at Your mighty presence everywhere. In Jesus' name, Amen!
Amen.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#474593 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, after rereading my post I should have said "interpretations of Scripture" not just "Scripture".

Thanks for pointing that out.
Lol. I didn't mean to but you're welcome :)

Location hidden

#474594 Jan 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Good Friday Morning

“Any fool can criticize, condemn
and complain – and most fools do.
But it takes character and self-control
to be understanding and forgiving.”

~ Dale Carnegie

Thought For The Day
Agreed.
<3

Location hidden

#474595 Jan 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Prayer for today....

Dear God, I thank You for this day of life! For eyes to see the sky, for ears to hear the birds, for feet to walk amidst the trees, for hands to pick the flowers from the earth, for a sense of smell to breathe in the sweet perfumes of Your created nature, for a mind to think about and appreciate the magic of everyday miracles, for a spirit to swell in joy at Your mighty presence everywhere. In Jesus' name, Amen!
Amen <3

Location hidden

#474596 Jan 4, 2013
I just thought this prayer was beautiful :D

"The gift of faith taught me to see the dazzling goodness and grace that surround us if only we open our eyes and minds. As the new year approaches, with the recession still in force, I find myself giving thanks to God for all the things that cost nothing and are worth everything."

Jonathan Sacks.

Location hidden

#474597 Jan 4, 2013
This is interesting, thoughts?
Peace <3
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#474598 Jan 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I gotta go, I got a 'home based ' business to run.........
LOL..........
Funny how you always go that well..........
I think it is funny you even pretend to still have one

Location hidden

#474599 Jan 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You twist words skombo,
I got no intentions of playing that game..........Dont worry, it seems others will play with you..........
Yeah...THAT must be why you won't answer when all the things you try to attack Christianity with that would equally apply to your own beliefs

It is ok LArry, you made up your own god and have no way to answer because you have no idea what your god does.

Location hidden

#474600 Jan 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I dont give much what she has posted. your the idiot who just posted how you shouldn't argue and call names. And less then 24 hours later here you are..........
Not that it came as a surprise to any one I'm sure....
You can't really be this stupid can you? I said what I thought shouldn't be going on is believers attacking other believers over beliefs and saying they are of the devil. And what did Whispers do? Followed up her old comments of all churches are run by satan by talking about how all churches are corrupt. So since she is attacking where most people worship, that is exactly what I have a problem with. It is no wonder you spend most your time on Topix and not running your business, I don't blame you for giving up, your god gave you a pea-sized brain

Location hidden

#474601 Jan 4, 2013
Everyone!!!!!!
I have a request..........
Please consider skoms fragile ego when ever you make a post to him, I'm afraid he's gonna go off the deep end here pretty quick..........
Keep him in your prayers.......
LOL

Larry, I know you care about Topix this much. You and your socks manipulate icons and you have spent a year following some dude around the internet as your business in real life goes under because that is how mad you got over an internet chat-room.

You should to pray to your god that you never talk to and that you don't know anything about for some common sense and perspective. Poor guy, you wasted a year obsessing over another dude. I take it you never got a new car right? You don't have to buy it from where I work but sheesh Larry, you are going to be living in a cardboard box if you keep this obsession up!
Test

Abington, PA

#474602 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
... I said what I thought shouldn't be going on is believers attacking other believers over beliefs and saying they are of the devil....
I think if people scrutinized and questioned what they were taught instread of what others were taught, there would be a lot more revelations and enlightenment taking place.

Why would anyone who know exactly what God said be on Topix at all ?
Test

Abington, PA

#474603 Jan 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
... you made up your own god and have no way to answer because you have no idea what your god does....
HEY!!!
That's MY line!!!!

LOL

Location hidden

#474604 Jan 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I'd just ignore him LW. He's treated you like crap for long enough. You dont need to explain yourself to anyone.........Your opinion is yours and your entitled to it. Just remember you'll always have the holier then thous like RA and Skom telling you how it their way or the highway and trying their darndest to get others to follow them.
Actually little Larry she is the one that initiated every conversation for a year. The "victim" routine as much as you want to pretend she is one or she wants to play one doesn't work

And she just got done posting what a tough girl she is. If she can talk about how where other people worship is corrupt and of the devil and doesn't teach things from God then she can can deal with the responses

Maybe you can start a new home-business called tissues for Internet crybabies. That way every time someone says something BACK to you or one of your fellow crybabies you can grab an over-sized tissue and wipe those tears! LOL

Poor little victimized posters. Your commercial can be, "simply tell someone they are a pedophile or the worship under the devil and they were really mean to you about it, well here at Larry's cardboard box and tissue store we know just how you feel" LOL, I am just kidding Larry, I know you could never afford a commercial:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474605 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on that, Christians, Muslims and Jews have treated women as property and slaves for the last 3000 years.
Seems you mostly agree with that.
Morning BD;

I am of the female gender.Geez from shut up to Slave.
Sure seems like is no room for love in this world.
Considered merchantise or item of convincence.
Very interesting.

Location hidden

#474606 Jan 4, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I made my choice Skom ...I chose not to vote.
Why?
Because at the time I didn't like either candidate. I am a firm believer in the separation of Church/State. I didn't want Romney with his views on women, his religious ego, and his belief in the separation of the masses based on personal wealth.
I didn't feel Obama was qualified for a second term because he imo pushes his views on the American people. For instance-amnesty for illegals, the govt takeover of the most lucrative industry in this country under false pretenses [medicine], foreign policy on imports-mainly oil, his willingness to sell us out to (imo) the U.N., his willingness to build stronger economy's in foreign country's like (Red)China, his unwillingness to push for the building of refineries here, his unwillingness to push for exploration of other energy resources such as natural gas, his unwillingness to back education and educators, and others but I think I made my point.
I do like Obama for his push to rebuild our infrastructure, and I feel he did about all he could do in his handling of the Gulf Oil Spill. But I don't feel we have the technology for deep drilling, such as in the Gulf of Mexico. If we kill our oceans we shall surely perish.
And I do respect him because of the fact that even as a lame duck President he goes to work everyday and pushes those idiots to get something accomplished.
But never mind all that ...
I sit year after year while it is preached in this room; one accepts all of the Word or none of it.(I don't agree with that sentiment either.) And then I see those that preach the loudest vote for a leader whose policy's go against the very Word they preach. I'm just trying to understand.
Hey hu

But this was kind of my point. From your post you definitely did not want Romney to win more than Obama. Even if you didn't think Obama deserved another term you though he did some good things and it was Romney you really didn't want it there. So you don't vote for either as kind of a protest vote. But had Romney won, you not voting was like voting for him. Because had you voted and were forced to pick between the two you would have voted for Obama as lesser of two evils. So now because you didn't vote, that is one less vote Romney has to overcome

And it makes a difference sometimes. Just look at Ralph Nadar. The guy was waaaay more Democrat than Republican and stayed in the race just to make a point and what happened was some of the people that would have voted Democrat had they been forced to choose voted for Nadar and that 2-3% he got was enough to swing the election to the Republicans. Voting for a third party is the same as not voting. It just means the guy you really don't want in there over the two now has a better chance

Just some food for thought

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#474607 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Peace and Happy New Year to you Skom...
Good to see ya Serah

Happy New Year to you as well:)

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#474608 Jan 4, 2013
Test wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone who know exactly what God said be on Topix at all ?
LOL, good point. Although just not on Topix, although that makes it funnier, but there isn't anyone anywhere that can lay claim to that. That is why
Test wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if people scrutinized and questioned what they were taught instread of what others were taught, there would be a lot more revelations and enlightenment taking place.
Because most people IMO that are doing the attacking honestly don't care if scripture contradicts what they believe. It is why they won't give their own interpretation of a verse or I have been told by several people that it doesn't matter how many verses I give someone that they aren't changing their beliefs. I mean at some point someone has to at least consider something right if there are 20-30 verses seemingly saying the same thing?

I had a bunch of indoctrinated beliefs as does most people I would assume. I guess it turned out to be a good thing for me that I almost or basically did walk away from the faith because when I came back and read the Bible myself and started over from scratch. To this day if someone can show me different I will change my mind.

I couldn't stand two posters that were in here for like a year and a half preaching Harold Camping and his end of the world nonsense. But one of the beliefs they taught was man's soul dies in hell it doesn't suffer there for eternity. And at first i scoffed and then I tried to post verses to refute that and had one. And even that verse said it was prepared for the devil and his angels and could have simply meant someone was going to a place of eternal suffering (as it is for devil, the false, beast, his angels). What I found on the other side was dozens of verses saying the soul dies in hell, how to avoid second death, be afraid of he who can destroy body and soul in hell, etc. Now I did not make the switch immediately. It is not easy to do a 180. I t took me about 6 months of study to really realize I had to change my belief on that

But I have no loyalty to my beliefs as far as being mine. I simply want to believe what is correct. Now if other people feel they were taught everything correct the first time around and their teacher was infallible then so be it. A select few will change a belief. But most, even if they study, once they arrive at a belief and they have it, they are not changing it. It is what it is I guess

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474609 Jan 4, 2013
If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man whether he rages or laugh there is no rest.

A stone is heavy and the sand weighty but a fool's warth is heavier then them both.

There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

Where there is no vision the people perish but he that keepeth the law happy be he.

Location hidden

#474610 Jan 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
What are you guys doing over here?
Rumor has it you're fighting about Paul's advice regarding women.
Anything I can do to stoke the coals?
What up CJ, good to see ya

When it was going on I was hoping actually it might turn into a decent discussion where people took on a difficult subject, an uncomfortable subject even, and we discussed it as believers and what we felt about it. Of course that didn't happen. Epi responded and that was it.

This is why I don't give a ratt's ass anymore when people wanna complain something interrupted their conversation about cookies or they don't like what someone is posting. You show people scripture and they ignore it. You can to discuss scripture..not even debate but discuss,..and nobody has anything to say. Short of telling other people their beliefs are wrong we really don't talk about scripture at all in here. Half the time it is even used it is to hide behind an insult.

I am not saying this place has to be a bible-study. But considering the topic is "why should Jesus love me" you think we might be more interested in what Jesus had to say or even have some opinions on it. Oh well. If you want to stroke the coals though just tell other people they worship under the devil or they are of the devil or their beliefs are of the devil. It seems to be the go-to move and i know first hand it works as it bugs me! LOL

(T) Peace
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#474611 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing from Germany?
Sweetie, we have also Kiwis, Kangeroos, tasmanian devils, Coals bears, Heidi Klum,Heheh.Premium and highend products.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 122,782
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min old_moose 6,634
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min bad bob 184,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min kent 681,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,430
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... (Jun '16) 2 hr Christ sans politics 101
Guilty of a DUI or DWI? Important IDRC Info (Jan '12) 2 hr Durka 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 982,158
More from around the web