Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474556 Jan 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
For those interested, I am posting a link. I found this today, and I have done some research and study, and I discovered that many of the things which are in the article are some of the exact same things I've written in here.
One interesting thing to note is the difference in the gospels preached by Peter and Paul. I do believe that anyone who reads it with an open mind, and in regards to the times, then and now, could possibly learn something.
Now if there are those who discount the entire article without even opening it, or by simply reading just a few lines, then it is their loss, and it would seem to me that they are operating with a closed mind.
I hope you all know that I love all people, no matter who they are, where they've been, what they have or haven't done, or where they come from.
Furthermore, I would like to state that I would rather agree with God than with (in no particular order) Steve, RA, G, Grace, Epi, Larry, Q, Scott, DR, Shrink, my pastor, Charles Stanley, Billy Graham, Matthew McGee, Les Feldick etc, etc, etc.
And so without further adieu, here is the link:
http://www.matthewmcgee.org/2gospels.html#Mys...
Some interesting things in there. The dispensation stuff at the end is all Millerite (a Camping like nutter) and I have already invetigated that lof path.

Wha I did like is the contrast between the OT verses about blinding Israel and what Jesus said.

"Let thos who have eyes see..." Jessus (In my understanding) sasy that the truth is plain to see to all who want to see it. IMHO human nature is to refuse to face the truth. Some more so than others but few are afraid to know the whole truth.

So one of the things I always keep on mind is "can I face the possibility that I am wrong about God ?"

How many can honestly say "I believe these things but I may be wrong and end up in Hell anyway"

Think of it like a soldier going into battle. They have faith in what the believe in even though they may die that very day defending it.

I had to face the fact that no matter what I believe, I could end up being tortured for eternity no matter what I do or believe. "What if" the "truth" is that there is only Satan and Satan is the real God ? Could I face that ? If not then I will never be able to look for, let alone face, "The Truth".

Be careful when you ask for the truth, it usually is not what you wanted to hear.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#474557 Jan 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sora :D I must confess that I have only read the first chapter, so far it has been very informative and I must say that I find myself agreeing with it most of the time. I will let you know when I've read it all, I take my time with Tolstoy and was delighted to see my 16yr niece reading War and Peace when I visited 2 days ago. I wish you love and many Blessings.
Peace <3
Bonsoir Lumina. I am always honored and overjoyed to hear from you our meeting I believe was no coincidence. I too take my time with Tolstoy his works are very philosophical in nature. I am of course looking foward to your observations my dear. I too wish you love and may your blessings be so many that it shall seem like a torrent.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#474558 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Some interesting things in there. The dispensation stuff at the end is all Millerite (a Camping like nutter) and I have already invetigated that lof path.
Wha I did like is the contrast between the OT verses about blinding Israel and what Jesus said.
"Let thos who have eyes see..." Jessus (In my understanding) sasy that the truth is plain to see to all who want to see it. IMHO human nature is to refuse to face the truth. Some more so than others but few are afraid to know the whole truth.
So one of the things I always keep on mind is "can I face the possibility that I am wrong about God ?"
How many can honestly say "I believe these things but I may be wrong and end up in Hell anyway"
Think of it like a soldier going into battle. They have faith in what the believe in even though they may die that very day defending it.
I had to face the fact that no matter what I believe, I could end up being tortured for eternity no matter what I do or believe. "What if" the "truth" is that there is only Satan and Satan is the real God ? Could I face that ? If not then I will never be able to look for, let alone face, "The Truth".
Be careful when you ask for the truth, it usually is not what you wanted to hear.
Hello Bog!:D I agree, ain't that funny as?
Peace <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#474559 Jan 3, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Lumina. I am always honored and overjoyed to hear from you our meeting I believe was no coincidence. I too take my time with Tolstoy his works are very philosophical in nature. I am of course looking foward to your observations my dear. I too wish you love and may your blessings be so many that it shall seem like a torrent.
Thank you :D I'm glad we met, yes it's always taken me time to decipher Tolstoy, I think his writings as well as the Bible's are among the few books I take my time with and read over and over.
Peace <3

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#474560 Jan 3, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame Serah, I also would like to offer my deepest sympathies and sorrow for the passing of your beloved companion. In regards to my relationship with Seraphine I would like to say that we are destined to be together and I too am blessed to have her in my life. I believe that our lives must attest to our faith as Christians. I believe actions speak louder than words. What do you think Madame Serah? May you experience God's mercy and comfort always. We have made numerous trips through the Sahara Madame Serah. We are very well-traveled.
My name is Ahmed.

I am a camel driver in the Sahara desert.

I can attest to Madame Sora's travels in these parts.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#474561 Jan 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you :D I'm glad we met, yes it's always taken me time to decipher Tolstoy, I think his writings as well as the Bible's are among the few books I take my time with and read over and over.
Peace <3
Bonsoir Lumina, thank you for your kind words as always, you are a true inspiration to our Faith and to me.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#474562 Jan 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is Ahmed.
Bonsoir Ahmed. It is monseuir Sora bonne nuit.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#474563 Jan 3, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Serah, as long as you remember her and keep those precious memories in your heart she shall never die. I believe the strongest emotions we possess from God are love and compassion. I am originally from New Orleans, but I love it here too. When we harden our hearts we become hard toward God I have always believed this. Thank you for responding to my post be blessed.
Cheers ~ and I agree with you about hardening the heart might make us harder towards GOD, even if unintentionally. HE gave us our emotions for a purpose and our laughter for a reason :)

#474564 Jan 3, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame Serah, I also would like to offer my deepest sympathies and sorrow for the passing of your beloved companion. In regards to my relationship with Seraphine I would like to say that we are destined to be together and I too am blessed to have her in my life. I believe that our lives must attest to our faith as Christians. I believe actions speak louder than words. What do you think Madame Serah? May you experience God's mercy and comfort always. We have made numerous trips through the Sahara Madame Serah. We are very well-traveled.
Ahh, yes, indeed our actions attest our Faith, and actions speak louder than words. I am seeking to find humility, and to lose arrogance but must admit it is not as easy as it sounds or as it is to write :)

You must like the heat and solitude if you have made a few trips through the Sahara, and I have not been overseas LOL, but have made many Pet friendly holidays and have been to most of the cities in Australia.

It is nice to see some more friendly 'faces' in our forum, and thank you for your Blessings of comfort and mercy. Let us Pray that 2013 is a year of Peace for all of us who share this one world world together :)

#474565 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be lucky to have had so many reasons for doubt to be dissipated.... but I must admit, I have known many who ask questions, and when they hear the answer, they argue!! Perhaps the truth is another thing that can be personal to each of us, and that not all will have the same comprehension, even if we have shared the same experience!!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#474566 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I must be lucky to have had so many reasons for doubt to be dissipated.... but I must admit, I have known many who ask questions, and when they hear the answer, they argue!! Perhaps the truth is another thing that can be personal to each of us, and that not all will have the same comprehension, even if we have shared the same experience!!
Hi, I'm Luci :D
I agree with and love your posts. It's wonderful to see another Aussie, I sometimes feel very out of place on topix.
God Bless you Serah and have a Wonderful New Year!!!
<3

“"None shall pass"”

There

#474567 Jan 4, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wives are such a wonderful gift from God. God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave Eve to Adam as a help meet for him.....
Based on that, Christians, Muslims and Jews have treated women as property and slaves for the last 3000 years.

Seems you mostly agree with that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#474568 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is Ahmed.
Was Peanut and Walter with them ? LOL

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#474569 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on that, Christians, Muslims and Jews have treated women as property and slaves for the last 3000 years.
Seems you mostly agree with that.
A help mate is not property. Wtf?
;p

“"None shall pass"”

There

#474570 Jan 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I must be lucky to have had so many reasons for doubt to be dissipated.... but I must admit, I have known many who ask questions, and when they hear the answer, they argue!! Perhaps the truth is another thing that can be personal to each of us, and that not all will have the same comprehension, even if we have shared the same experience!!
Agreed.

Sadly, most of the 'answers' are "The Bible says so". That is IMHO no answer at all. Much like trying to 'prove' Aslan is real with "The Chronicles of Narnia says so".

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#474571 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Sadly, most of the 'answers' are "The Bible says so". That is IMHO no answer at all. Much like trying to 'prove' Aslan is real with "The Chronicles of Narnia says so".
Are you trying to say that Aslan is not real?:'(
<3
Adam

W├Ârth An Der Donau, Germany

#474572 Jan 4, 2013
Last I checked my NY cap is made in China. My Reebok also.

#474573 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I'm Luci :D
I agree with and love your posts. It's wonderful to see another Aussie, I sometimes feel very out of place on topix.
God Bless you Serah and have a Wonderful New Year!!!
<3
Thank You Luci ~ It is rare indeed to find an Aussie in the forums, and we have another sister here, Peace Warrior (Irrira) and she too is warm and friendly. GOD Bless you too, and I hope to see your words often, and Have a Wonderful 2013, Serah :)

#474574 Jan 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
LOL.... I love Narnia :)

#474575 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
Last I checked my NY cap is made in China. My Reebok also.
Nothing from Germany?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Matthew Shepard 64,072
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 7 min Knock off purse s... 31
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min LAWEST100 654,058
WHY the Veyron is NOT boss over the Aventador 9 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min male 106,510
first time anal 26 min andy 7
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 29 min Adam 3,812
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min The Hangman 973,819
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr Clive 80
More from around the web