“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#474362 Jan 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi JL....
Peace......:-)
Hi Epi :D you too, still loving those prayers.
Blessings <3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#474363 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What Drew's post brought to my mind was working on our cars with my father. I am glad my father didn't just buy us stuff. When I worked on a project with my dad, the result meant far more than anything one could buy.
That is just me though. You are free to have the chocolates, I'll take the shovel and the map. <smile>
I would tell you the first thing you should look for with that map and where but considering you are probably one of the very few that would find it funny and I am too tired to t-mail I think I will just stop here! LOL

No I get his point and agreed. Was just playing around

Gotta get some zzz's, I think I am starting hallucinate I am so tired. Plus this way I can get a solid 4.5 hours of sleep in. Sigh...stupid vacation went by waaay too quick. At least it is a short week and no Saturday.

Have a good one G

(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474364 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tell you the first thing you should look for with that map and where but considering you are probably one of the very few that would find it funny and I am too tired to t-mail I think I will just stop here! LOL
No I get his point and agreed. Was just playing around
Gotta get some zzz's, I think I am starting hallucinate I am so tired. Plus this way I can get a solid 4.5 hours of sleep in. Sigh...stupid vacation went by waaay too quick. At least it is a short week and no Saturday.
Have a good one G
(T) Peace
Enjoy the short week Skom ! I will. Got my reports all done over vacation and labs don't start till monday. Just a 'babysitter' for a few days.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#474365 Jan 3, 2013
Good morning everyone.

Location hidden

#474366 Jan 3, 2013
Edit:

Forgot to note

Ecclesiastes is Solomon and Timothy is written by Paul. I think I mistakenly said I found a disturbing verse by Paul about only men walking upright in a post before actually quoted the two scriptures.

But I would be interested on what others thought about them. I could have predicted Epi would be fine with talking about it and a few others I could see as well. But I have always found it interesting we can hammer each other over differences but nobody ever seems to want to get into anything about the Bible that may be a little uncomfortable. Or even not as mainstream. Or controversial. Or etc.

I am not threatened or challenged by anyone who wants to come in and try to bash us or the Bible for it or use it as ammo. And I don't care if nobody else agrees with me on anything I believe. I know a decent amount of people feel the same. We should be able to talk about these kinds of things with each other as they exist and we have to deal with them

Definitely going to bed now as it is so far past when I should have called it a night. But would love nothing more than to see people discuss their feelings on those verses or to provide others that may help in the understanding or even give opinions on their application. There is no reason why believers should internalize the more difficult verses to work out when we have each other to bounce things off of and learn from.

Anyway, just some food for thought

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#474367 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy the short week Skom ! I will. Got my reports all done over vacation and labs don't start till monday. Just a 'babysitter' for a few days.
Sounds like a good deal

Enjoy the down time my friend

Location hidden

#474368 Jan 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Morning Lawest

Will catch up with ya later

(T) Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474369 Jan 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
And you clearly have shown that you don't know God's Word. Because God's Word clearly talks about women preaching.
Acts 2:17.
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
There it is for all to see Lawest.
Daughters (women) shall prophesy.
Prophesy.
A message of divine truth revealing God's will.
The act of uttering such a message.
Women preaching "a message of divine truth revealing God's will."
The act of women uttering (which is speaking) such a message.
Right there it is in the book of Acts in God's Word Lawest. Chapter 2 verse 17.
Now tell us all again how you are "only expressing HIS Word and his Word only".
And how women aren't to preach.
Because in the book of Acts it clearly says they can and will preach.
_______
***Watch the spinning and twisting begin. Either that or Lawest will act like it's not there in God's Word for all to see and he'll simply ignore it and avoid it.***
Wrong Apples, your interpretation fails, prophesying means telling of a future event before it happens, NOT PREACHING, learn the difference, preaching is expounding the WORD, opening up scripture and explaining it and breaking it down with the spirit and opening it up to everyone's understanding to those who can receive it by the spirit ( which obviously is not you and several others ).

You don't have the gift of rightly dividing the scriptures, Prophesy is a gift of the spirit and the ability to preach comes when God choses someone to deliver the gospel message by putting his ( God's ) Words in his chosens mouth.

Blessings.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474370 Jan 3, 2013
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
1 Timothy 2:12-15

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474371 Jan 3, 2013

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Wloclawek Warrior

Petersburg, VA

#474372 Jan 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it, Larry, is that Scott seems to be saying that he's doing what he has been instructed to by God and that is being totally obedient, and from what I can gather, remarks like his and the ones you cited are definitely not being obedient.
My contention is that no one can be completely and totally obedient on all points without fail.
It's classic, you can't lose salvation vs. you can lose salvation. It's been going on for centuries. I've been down that road before and all it leads to is futility. And that, my friend, is frustrating.
Furthermore, there is not a single person who has ever posted on this thread who is completely correct on all points, and there comes a point in time when all parties need to agree to disagree and move on to the next topic.
Happy New Year to you.
True, everyone has fallen short of the complete truth. The issue here is to repent. You are nobody special in the eyes of the LORD. We are all humans walking in the sun for a brief period and then draw a few breaths and as we came, so shall we go, naked. Don't fool yourself, agreement or disagreement is not the issue here. Obedience to the LORD and the inkling in the heart when the wrong is done and to be man enough to go to the person you had wronged and make it right.
Once you are saved by the blood and have the gift of the Holy Ghost, it is yours, it is said that the only way to lose this gift is to blaspheme the Holy Ghost and in my many years of study, I have not found out the way, "I used to be saved but now I worship the Devil" comes to mind. Factually speaking, you were never saved in the first place, It is very easy for the children to spot a would be, even down to the most subtle of mannerisms.
Morals and dogma will not save you, the priest in the confessional will not save you, he might tell you to say a few "Hail Marys", but, sinner, even Mary has not the power to save. This power was given to only the SON.
Over the years I have heard folks spout a lot of preaching and then game on their flock. Preachers with Rolex and Gucci shoes and members of the congregation, hungry and in need, he with a car named Lincoln.
In passing, When I was in Poland once, there was a funeral wake in the house of a friend of mine, the Priest was called and refused to pray for the dead person until money was given him. It has been well said,"Let the dead bury the dead."
This happened to me, I was being baptised in the Roman Catholic Church and my father and mother was with the godparents awaiting the ceremony. The priest came to my father and demanded money for the baptism. My father told him he is only a poor DP and wil pay when he has the money. The priest refused the Baptism and sent the party out of the church, so from infancy, I was not good enough for Catholic Baptism, so they went down the street to the Lutheran Church and similar conversation ensued. The preacher said to my father,"I am not asking for money to do the work of the LORD, come in and bring the child and the rite was performed."
Now years later, that same Priest died drunk in the church basement of a heart attack, dead before he hit the floor, dancing with some nuns!
1. Is that Preacher in Glory-land, or Summer-land, as some call it?
2 Was he ever indeed saved, looking for material goods for the spiritual work to be performed?
3. Factually speaking, he will pay more now than he ever thought possible for want of material for the work of the spiritual. GOD is not mocked! Your statement is mute.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474373 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit:
... But I have always found it interesting we can hammer each other over differences but nobody ever seems to want to get into anything about the Bible that may be a little uncomfortable. Or even not as mainstream. Or controversial. Or etc...
I wish people would provided good arguements to counter my radical posts. I am glad that a few have done so and a couple have even convinced me that I was completely wrong.

Sadly the majority of "arguements" seem to be parroting of well known apologetics instead of personal thoughts and unbiased studies.

To the "brave few", THANK YOU !

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#474374 Jan 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chocolates effect Brain Chemistry....Dark Chocoalte is the BEST health wise (if chocolate can be good for you)
Do you give a girl flowers also?
:-)
Lets keep it simple ...
Chocolate comes from a bean which grows on a plant ...
ergo; chocolate = vegetable!

Earth

#474375 Jan 3, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets keep it simple ...
I'm ok with that logic :D

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#474376 Jan 3, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets keep it simple ...
OK...its all the sugar and other additives...I've tasted a piece of Cocoa bean.....REALLY BITTER
Wloclawek Warrior

Petersburg, VA

#474377 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish people would provided good arguements to counter my radical posts. I am glad that a few have done so and a couple have even convinced me that I was completely wrong.
Sadly the majority of "arguements" seem to be parroting of well known apologetics instead of personal thoughts and unbiased studies.
To the "brave few", THANK YOU !
What is the question?

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#474378 Jan 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
1 Timothy 2:12-15
LAWEST100 wrote:
1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Gee Lawest, I'm just trying to understand ...
You usurped so many of what you consider Biblical teachings when you went to the polls this past November ...yet you remain steadfast & unyielding on this particular issue.
Is this the teaching of your minister, "an anointed man of God"?

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#474379 Jan 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok with that logic :D
;)

Earth

#474380 Jan 3, 2013
Now the day is over.(for me:)

Now the day is over,
Night is drawing nigh,
Shadows of the evening
Steal across the sky.

Now the darkness gathers,
Stars begin to peep,
Birds and beasts and flowers
Soon will be asleep.

Jesus, give the weary
Calm and sweet repose;
With thy tenderest blessing
May our eyelids close.

Grant to little children
Visions bright of thee;
Guard the sailors tossing
On the deep blue sea.

Comfort every sufferer
Watching late in pain;
Those who plan some evil
From their sin restrain.

Through the long night watches
May thine angels spread
Their white wings above me,
Watching round my bed.

When the morning wakens,
Then may I arise
Pure, and fresh, and sinless
In thy holy eyes.

Glory to the father,
Glory to the son,
And to thee, blest Spirit,
Whilst all ages run.

S. Baring Gould, 1834-1924

Peace <3

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474381 Jan 3, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Gee Lawest, I'm just trying to understand ...
You usurped so many of what you consider Biblical teachings when you went to the polls this past November ...yet you remain steadfast & unyielding on this particular issue.
Is this the teaching of your minister, "an anointed man of God"?
What does politics have to do with God's Word?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,773
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Tuco Blondie 117,957
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Porkpie Hat 257,860
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Thinking 226,277
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min pusherman_ 538,796
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 45 min yon 2,414
Unborn Baby Up For Adoption (Jan '13) 1 hr saa 89
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr KiMare 94,646
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••