“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#474342 Jan 3, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you put your faith in a book written by man..........
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)
Peace <3

“The..”

#474343 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I see, so God works through sarcasm and mockery..........Understandabl e........
No, God works through His people. We are people too you know, what? Christians are not allowed to have a sense of humour? Or sarcasm? That's just...something ist! ;p
But the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he sees that his day is coming. Psalm 37:13 (ESV)
And Sarah said,“God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh over me.” Genesis 21:6 (ESV)
Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations,“The Lord has done great things for them.” Psalm 126:2 (ESV)
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 (ESV)
Peace <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#474344 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
People...people..people...I know I am the last one with room to talk when it comes to arguments. And while I do try to respect certain boundries I have no doubt I have probably crossed a few in my day. But things are getting out of control and it is the subject why I am posting this. Believers should not be at each other's throats over beliefs. Yes we should remain steadfast and yes we should witness to the truth as we see it and we can do that passionately. But if scripture is meant for training in righteousness, teaching, and correction then we have no cause to question the faith of one another let alone the right or power to assign someone else to the devil. The goal is for iron to sharpen iron. Good Night and God Bless
You have had your amount of arguements.....:-) But It is SAD to see Christians turn against each other....Like I said last night
we are all ENTITLED TO GIVE OUR OPINION ON SCRIPTURE INTERPRETATION.....We all process the scriptures through our "understanding" of what it says. I agree with Drew...We must stay open and NOT Closed otherwise we never mature Spiritually...And we need to Grow in the Lord....

Also Paul wrote his letters in the First Century when women were considered a step above slaves. Jesus Loved Women....He had women followeing him (Mary Magdalene Joanna, and Susanna,)And many women opened their homes in the First Century to set up "churches"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474345 Jan 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
It's late and I need to get up early for a visit with the Doctor that's doing the surgery to implant the ICD in my chest on Monday. So I'm turning in for the night. Night all, and God bless.
Prayers for you RA....I know you will alright....

God Bless

“The..”

#474346 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"While virtually all scholars maintain that all of the gospels were written in the first century, within liberal scholarship it is conventionally thought that all four gospels were written post-70AD"
http://www.crossexamined.org/blog/...
"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth--men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, folly will be clear to everyone." 2 Timothy 3:1-9 (NIV)
Peace ;p

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#474347 Jan 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom I hope you realize that the verses in 1st Timothy 2 that you're referring to is talking about "married women", and how they aren't to usurp the authority of the husband? Because the husband is the head of the women.
Ephesians 5:22-33.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Hey John

I think maybe you thought I said Ephesians not Ecclesiastes for the other verses. These are the other ones from Ecclesiastes 7

Ecclesiastes 7
26I find more bitter than death
the woman who is a snare,
whose heart is a trap
and whose hands are chains.
The man who pleases God will escape her,
but the sinner she will ensnare.
27“Look,” says the Teacher,b “this is what I have discovered:
“Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things—
28while I was still searching
but not finding—
I found one [upright] man among a thousand,
but not one [upright] woman among them all.
29This only have I found:
God made mankind upright,
but men have gone in search of many schemes.”

And these are the ones from Timothy

1Timothy 2
11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15But womena will be savedb through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

(T) Peace

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474348 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Well I dont want the dumb part but I will take fat and happy over a lot of the alternatives! So send me the chocolates! Plus it will get me in good on some dates as I have yet to come across a woman that doesnt like chocolate! I am told it is a biochemical reaction but I try not to think about the fact I may be in competition with a Hershey Bar! LOL ...Just kidding, I know what you mean and agree. Just slap happy, probably just from being tired as I started work again today.(T) PEACE
Chocolates effect Brain Chemistry....Dark Chocoalte is the BEST health wise (if chocolate can be good for you)

Do you give a girl flowers also?

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474349 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all I expect from anyone, even if I disagree with their conclusions.
I can not say I believe something if I don't. All I can do is explain why I believe what I do. If I can't explain it (at least to myself) then I need to evaluate my stance.
There are many things theologically I am uncertain of. However as far as academics go (history, archaelogy), I am better prepared than most.
It is interesting that my belief in God and Jesus is not changes by the history but rather strengthened.
I dare say, my abilty to reject peter as mere opinion has lead my to focus on Jesus and the OT more.
Hope that made sense to you.

“The..”

#474350 Jan 3, 2013
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Your remarks are a "no brainer" It is a matter of spiritual fact that the war in Heaven, Lucifer, who was the closest to GOD, tried to overthrow him and was relegated to the lowest of the worlds, the material, his footstool, in which we live and breathe, for a short time. The ultimate Heaven and Hell thing was made in the first Nice convention. GOD has everything under control. He does not give you more than you can handle and if you do manage to transcend the "Peter Principle" for the time, you will be relegated back to your level. Only beware, GOD is not mocked and woe be it to the preacher who games on his flock, there is a special place in Hell for them. Watch the TV. See the show, The delusional preachers out for material gain will have theirs, If you are indeed the child of the LIVING GOD, He will give you as your needs be, maybe not what you want, but what you can safely handle, Just don't let the praying knees get weak, we are all sinners, for none has not sinned, Repent while the time is at hand, do not think you can live a demonic life and then draw your final breath and finally say,"I believe in you." Factually speaking, you had lived your whole life in sin and then in the last moment look to him. Look to the God you had worshiped all the years you were as you were. The only safe bet is JESUS< the son, and the gift of the Holy Spirit. I and my colleagues know if you are saved within the first words out of your mouth, even if you spout religiosity. JESUS SAVES.
Amen <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474351 Jan 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)
Peace <3
Hi JL....

Peace......:-)

“The..”

#474352 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL, I dont either, but I can tell you what it looks like to me and it aint anything a good christian woman should be doing on topix..........
PS Thanks I was wondering how to say it......
Parenthetical. Learnt somthin new today..........
*clapping enthusiastically whilst rolling my eyes*

Location hidden

#474353 Jan 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have had your amount of arguements.....:-)
You must be thinking of someone else! LOL

:)

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
But It is SAD to see Christians turn against each other....Like I said last night
we are all ENTITLED TO GIVE OUR OPINION ON SCRIPTURE INTERPRETATION.....We all process the scriptures through our "understanding" of what it says. I agree with Drew...We must stay open and NOT Closed otherwise we never mature Spiritually...And we need to Grow in the Lord....
I agree. We are not each other's enemies just because we have diff interpretations. But once people start throwing out words like blind and of the devil or don't trust in Christ then things just escalate. I wish people could see that as what it is and that is pride. I am not going to sugar-coat that because someone can be confident in their beliefs without insulting or trashing another's so that excuse to me doesn't fly. And until anyone can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their beliefs based on faith is 100% right across the board (good luck with that for anyone) people need to stop claiming a monopoly on the truth. And I grow tired of people saying they could be wrong because it sounds humble and then go on to trash anyone who believes different.

If Jesus was in the room during these biblical debates I wonder how much different people would act. Then they can consider if they really aren't meaning to be arrogant or insulting. People can fool others. Heck they may even be able to fool themselves at times. But deep down they know and nobody is fooling God

I can argue with someone over what time it is so I claim no higher moral ground. But for believers to attack other believers over beliefs based on the same Bible makes no sense to me. But people are only going to take being told they are of the devil so often before swinging back. I have no idea in the last month who even started going there first but people need to stop going there all together IMO. Only God knows the heart.
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also Paul wrote his letters in the First Century when women were considered a step above slaves. Jesus Loved Women....He had women followeing him (Mary Magdalene Joanna, and Susanna,)And many women opened their homes in the First Century to set up "churches"
Trust me my friend I know. I alluded a little bit to the sign of the times and said I wouldn't get into the teachings of Jesus as far as this point went but I will just say I am sure you and I are in agreement on this. But you gotta admit, it at minimum leaves room to make it not so black and white depending on how someone else may interpret and apply them. Trust me, that doesn't sit well with me but I can't honestly say I don't see the dilemma it could create. IMO anyway.

(T) Peace

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474354 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
More graves are surely dug with a fork and spoon and than any shovel.
Especially now..."The Fat American"

“The..”

#474355 Jan 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Any church that teaches the treatment of women in the way Lawest has shown in here time and time again is nothing but a church that is being guided by satan. And like you I will not sit back, nor support, nor condone that. It needs to be exposed like it is being exposed in here tonight.
To me (and I'm sure I'm not alone) what Lawest is doing is far worse than any non-believer that comes in here bashing Christianity. Because Lawest is doing what he is doing (which is nothing but satan's work) while claiming it's God's work.
It's about the most sickening thing I've seen done in here. Thankfully it's being exposed for all to see and he's being called out for it like he should be.
God bless you for taking the stand that you have Le_le!!!
Amen <3

Location hidden

#474356 Jan 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chocolates effect Brain Chemistry....Dark Chocoalte is the BEST health wise (if chocolate can be good for you)
Do you give a girl flowers also?
Depends on the girl..LOL

I am not a flowers on the first date kind of guy though. In fact I feel like a jackass even holding them as I have yet to figure out a cool way to walk up with them. But after a few good dates I may send some to her work. Nothing a girl likes more then to get flowers AND be able to show it off to her friends without looking like its intentional. Plus then I already have people in the office helping me out when I pick her up for lunch or something like that.

I get my money's worth out of those things LOL

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474357 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be thinking of someone else! LOL
:)
<quoted text>
I agree. We are not each other's enemies just because we have diff interpretations. But once people start throwing out words like blind and of the devil or don't trust in Christ then things just escalate. I wish people could see that as what it is and that is pride. I am not going to sugar-coat that because someone can be confident in their beliefs without insulting or trashing another's so that excuse to me doesn't fly. And until anyone can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their beliefs based on faith is 100% right across the board (good luck with that for anyone) people need to stop claiming a monopoly on the truth. And I grow tired of people saying they could be wrong because it sounds humble and then go on to trash anyone who believes different.
If Jesus was in the room during these biblical debates I wonder how much different people would act. Then they can consider if they really aren't meaning to be arrogant or insulting. People can fool others. Heck they may even be able to fool themselves at times. But deep down they know and nobody is fooling God
I can argue with someone over what time it is so I claim no higher moral ground. But for believers to attack other believers over beliefs based on the same Bible makes no sense to me. But people are only going to take being told they are of the devil so often before swinging back. I have no idea in the last month who even started going there first but people need to stop going there all together IMO. Only God knows the heart.
<quoted text>
Trust me my friend I know. I alluded a little bit to the sign of the times and said I wouldn't get into the teachings of Jesus as far as this point went but I will just say I am sure you and I are in agreement on this. But you gotta admit, it at minimum leaves room to make it not so black and white depending on how someone else may interpret and apply them. Trust me, that doesn't sit well with me but I can't honestly say I don't see the dilemma it could create. IMO anyway.
(T) Peace
I agree....The shift comes when someone else starts calling the other person "deluded" or influenced by Satan" or worse. Then the arguments start.....I also agree it is PRIDE

Thats when we need to take our FOCUS off ourselves and Put it on GOD.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474358 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the girl..LOL
I am not a flowers on the first date kind of guy though. In fact I feel like a jackass even holding them as I have yet to figure out a cool way to walk up with them. But after a few good dates I may send some to her work. Nothing a girl likes more then to get flowers AND be able to show it off to her friends without looking like its intentional. Plus then I already have people in the office helping me out when I pick her up for lunch or something like that.
I get my money's worth out of those things LOL
((*L-))

LOL

“The..”

#474359 Jan 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
How OLD is The Gospel of Grace???
Amazing Grace" is a Christian hymn with words written by the English poet and clergyman John Newton (1725–1807), published in 1779. Containing a message that forgiveness and redemption are possible regardless of sins committed and that the soul can be delivered from despair through the mercy of God, "Amazing Grace" is one of the most recognizable songs in the English-speaking world.
Newton wrote the words from personal experience. He grew up without any particular religious conviction, but his life's path was formed by a variety of twists and coincidences that were often put into motion by his recalcitrant insubordination. He was pressed into the Royal Navy, and after leaving the service became involved in the Atlantic slave trade. In 1748, a violent storm battered his vessel so severely that he called out to God for mercy, a moment that marked his spiritual conversion. However, he continued his slave trading career until 1754 or 1755, when he ended his seafaring altogether and began studying Christian theology.
I bet you sing that song in your church without the slighest notion of its meaning..SAD..Paul started this Gospel Of Grace that was given to him by God/Jesus Himself. Maybe you should have a women preaching in your church. You are swinging from your preachers tailcoat and hanging on to a man-made doctrine. How long are you going to take his word over Gods? That was meant to be mean..If I didnt care, I wouldnt stay here and take your abuse. I will stay on the narrow path regardless though. Peace and GRACE to you religious man
For you sweet lady, keep on keeping on, God Bless You <3

"Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)"

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

[2x]
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine

By Chris Tomlin

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474360 Jan 3, 2013
Hey....Have a good day

Will catch up Later!!

Location hidden

#474361 Jan 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Hey....Have a good day
Will catch up Later!!
I agree on your first response, sending you a smile on the second, and saying have a great day to this one:)

I am about to go to bed so will see ya when I see ya

Hmm..looks like the icon fairy wore herself out last night and is still sleeping Well her 20 hour shift out to be starting any minute but I always get a kick outta being up before her! I actually start feeling like i am exchanging posts with adults!

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessari... 740,050
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 28 min gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Liam 543,031
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min HipGnosis 173,812
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 47 min Jhonsex 886
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 59 min Thatguy860 296
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,493
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 227,740

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••