“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#474294 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hold Erhaman as a perfect by any means. IMHO he missed a lot and is far too "Christian" for my tastes.
I was merely ponting out the current mainstream scholarly stance on the matter.
Willopst soon my own short analysis of the Gospel of Thomas and why I believe it is a very historically significant text, while theologically it is immaterial.
I concur. I've read some of the gnostics as well.

Many go with the mainstream way of thinking without doing much objective digging into the evidence as it is presented from different perspectives.

My understanding of the Gospel of Thomas is that it is a collection or compilation of some of Jesus' sayings, some of which are in the canonical Gospel accounts. As far as who wrote it or when it was written, no one truly knows, although there has been a lot of speculation.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#474295 Jan 2, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we did--
I already know his answer..
Lawlest has already damned someone's soul - right here on this thread-
for leaving an abusive marriage and then getting married to another.
Not sure how many others see his stupidity for jesus..
Just like so many others-- so hard to tell..
Happy to see you tonight..
:)
Hey there lying lu lu, I have never "damned anyone's soul" on this thread or tried to, I remember the person that you are referring to responded to something that I said to another poster, and when she asked me about it It was THEN that I opened the scriptures to her and posted a link to our churches website that spoke on the subject, and she did become somewhat upset saying and I quote 'I would be a sinner in your church' unquote..........she said that of herself on her own, I didn't make the accusation.

If you are going to bring up things pass then be truthful about it, one thing the Lord hates is a lying tongue, and you and your pen pal Red Apples have that in spades.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#474296 Jan 2, 2013
cont...I feel I am given the freedom under God and country to love in the manner that is true to my heart and as a man being true to his heart I believe in equality. And from a societal aspect it is an easy argument. But biblically I have to admit it is difficult to state someone is wrong if they feel how they do. This is not an easy thing for me to say and I hope those that oppose the Bible will have the courtesy not to be opportunistic as we try to discuss a tough subject in the pursuit of love and truth and what we are called to do today. I think we can love how we choose and I have the right to respect a woman as equal in all things even spiritual. But Paul has written some verses very reminicent of the times. I guess we each must decide what we think about that. (T) PEACE

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#474297 Jan 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Hey Epi and Drew. Are you watching the Sugar Bowl?
Louisville is upsetting Florida, leading 30-10 in the 4th quarter. Florida is ranked 3rd in the country and Louisville is ranked 21st.
One thing I want to know. Maybe you don't know the answer but perhaps someone else will. Like maybe Lawest.
I noticed many women are in the stands watching the game. Who allowed women in to watch that game?
_______
***Snicker, I couldn't resist.***
{:>)
I'm sure you couldn't, because you are full of the devil.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#474298 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Correct Drew, but again..........it is obvious by what she teaches that she has definitely started HERSELF, and yes again it is true that as Christians we may still have some minor different beliefs from one another as no one is totally 100% in sync with one another but the things that she has tried to teach here are SO off based from the Word and out of harmony with the scriptures that thete is just no way to Biblically justify them.
How OLD is The Gospel of Grace???

Amazing Grace" is a Christian hymn with words written by the English poet and clergyman John Newton (17251807), published in 1779. Containing a message that forgiveness and redemption are possible regardless of sins committed and that the soul can be delivered from despair through the mercy of God, "Amazing Grace" is one of the most recognizable songs in the English-speaking world.

Newton wrote the words from personal experience. He grew up without any particular religious conviction, but his life's path was formed by a variety of twists and coincidences that were often put into motion by his recalcitrant insubordination. He was pressed into the Royal Navy, and after leaving the service became involved in the Atlantic slave trade. In 1748, a violent storm battered his vessel so severely that he called out to God for mercy, a moment that marked his spiritual conversion. However, he continued his slave trading career until 1754 or 1755, when he ended his seafaring altogether and began studying Christian theology.

I bet you sing that song in your church without the slighest notion of its meaning..SAD..Paul started this Gospel Of Grace that was given to him by God/Jesus Himself. Maybe you should have a women preaching in your church. You are swinging from your preachers tailcoat and hanging on to a man-made doctrine. How long are you going to take his word over Gods? That was meant to be mean..If I didnt care, I wouldnt stay here and take your abuse. I will stay on the narrow path regardless though. Peace and GRACE to you religious man

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#474299 Jan 2, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Drew-
Happy new Year my friend..
In my heart of hearts- I believe- all souls will be redeemed.
When the last trumpet sounds..
I believe in Christ and I will forever Praise His Name..
Yet- I will not ever sit back and support the hypocrisy of
Lawlest and his church and his friends- in their oppresive beleifs
on
human kind..
Happy New Year to you too, Le le. I was just thinking about you tonight. And here you are.

I know you hold strong to your beliefs, and in my heart of hearts I hope you are correct. Who knows what God's whole plan is? And I believe that all who claim the name of Christ act in ways that bring glory to God.

Good to see you, as always.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474300 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And I think that you and Epi are blowing that out of proportion, but believe what you like.
I think in just afew words you made yourself real clear of your opinion of women in general.Any female with good good sense needs to pick up skirts and leave fellows like you alone.I wish you been born a female.Mr high handed better then thou.May God forgive you.
With your attuide you do not deserve a womans love.Stay away from me.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#474301 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And I think that you and Epi are blowing that out of proportion, but believe what you like.
You can think whatever you want about us. And, you also have the right to be wrong.

Location hidden

#474302 Jan 2, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing Grace" is a Christian hymn with words written by the English poet and clergyman John Newton (1725?1807), published in 1779. Containing a message that forgiveness and redemption are possible regardless of sins committed and that the soul can be delivered from despair through the mercy of God, "Amazing Grace" is
Newton wrote the words from personal experience. He grew up without any particular religious conviction, but his life's path was formed by a variety of twists and coincidences that were often put into motion by his recalcitrant insubordination.
Excluding the insults to Lawest and setting aside theological diff for a moment I have to say I was very impressed with this as I feel it is a very high level of posting on every level. Even if u got it from somewhere else (i dont know if u did or not) it would still be an amazing find and post. Had to cut most of it just to fit my reply but intelligent, informative, and moving.(T) PEACE

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#474303 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there lying lu lu, I have never "damned anyone's soul" on this thread or tried to, I remember the person that you are referring to responded to something that I said to another poster, and when she asked me about it It was THEN that I opened the scriptures to her and posted a link to our churches website that spoke on the subject, and she did become somewhat upset saying and I quote 'I would be a sinner in your church' unquote..........she said that of herself on her own, I didn't make the accusation.
If you are going to bring up things pass then be truthful about it, one thing the Lord hates is a lying tongue, and you and your pen pal Red Apples have that in spades.
Nice try Lawest. Do you really think your lie is going to fly in here. Here's a newsflash, it won't. Many of us were here when it happened and we are still here now. Including the one being referred to (as you put it).

It was Granny Judy Lawest, and she's still posting in here. And like everyone else that was here when you condemned her I'm sure she remembers very clearly how it went down. And it sure didn't happen in the way you're trying to say it did. People don't forget that kind of an uncalled attack Lawest. And they sure haven't forgotten what you said you liar.

Did you really think people would forget and that you could try and lie your way out of it?

If so than you're a bigger fool than I thought.

But by all means keep trying to lie your way out of it Lawest. Because the more you do the more you're exposing yourself for all to see.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#474304 Jan 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Hey Epi and Drew. Are you watching the Sugar Bowl?
Louisville is upsetting Florida, leading 30-10 in the 4th quarter. Florida is ranked 3rd in the country and Louisville is ranked 21st.
One thing I want to know. Maybe you don't know the answer but perhaps someone else will. Like maybe Lawest.
I noticed many women are in the stands watching the game. Who allowed women in to watch that game?
_______
***Snicker, I couldn't resist.***
{:>)
Aw 'ight, now. Yeah I have it on. The mighty SEC has fallen again.

Look here, and I know it's off topic, but we're both sports fans, and know a little about the game, whatever it is, but in the final poll Clemson will probably be ranked higher that LSU and maybe Florida, but lower than South Carolina and Florida St. Add to that the fact that Clemson beat LSU, which beat So. Car., and CU beat NC State, which beat FSU. And Texas A&M lost to LSU but beat Alabama. With all that said and taken into consideration, the only logical conclusion that one could possibly come up with is..........that on any given day, anybody can beat any body......except Notre Dame..... which is undefeated......until next Monday at least. And Tuesday, we'll know, I think.

I'm going to be. Have a great night and Brag on God!

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#474305 Jan 2, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Many go with the mainstream way of thinking without doing much objective digging into the evidence as it is presented from different perspectives.
My understanding of the Gospel of Thomas is that it is a collection or compilation of some of Jesus' sayings, some of which are in the canonical Gospel accounts. As far as who wrote it or when it was written, no one truly knows, although there has been a lot of speculation.
Bonsoir mon ami, you are correct. There are other gospels in the Gnostic tradition as well including the Gospel of Mary Magdelene and the Gospel of Judas. Here is more information, read this and then I would like to discuss this subject further if you would like.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06592a.htm

Happy New Year to you and may God abundantly bless every area of your life!!

Location hidden

#474306 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure you couldn't, because you are full of the devil.
Wow, after the show you've put on in here tonight you're the last person to tell someone else that they're full of the devil.

Open your eyes Lawest. Look around. Read the posts.

Are yo so blind that you aren't seeing what people are saying to you and trying to get you to see?

Are you so blind that you aren't seeing just how wrong you are in what you've been saying and doing in here tonight?

Do you really think everyone that is trying to get you to open your blind eyes is wrong and you are right?

If you answered yes to any of those questions than I truly pity you. Because if you did it just proves how delusional and out of touch with reality you really are.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474307 Jan 2, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, no one knows when any ancient text was first written, that is why there are differing ideas among academic investigators (putting theology aside for the moment).

Few will argue that a medieval manuscript is the exact words of an Emperor that died a thousand years before it was written but he same will argue that all "religioguous" texts are frauds. I find that to more reprehensible than any Christian who "believes" in a "magic book" (pardon the poke).

Now as for Thomas. It is one of my favorite texts. It is unique in that I liked while still anatheist and studied it and formed a purly academic opinion of it's antiquity. At the time I also gave Matthew an early dat than Mark but have since reconsidered that.

All any of us really have is theories.

These things I believe, I believe are true. However, when given credible evidence to the contrary I abandon them without remorse.

Location hidden

#474308 Jan 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
An Unpleasant Truth.....we can get on Lawest but as Christians there are some very tough verses to reconcile. Paul says in Ecc 7:26-29 that more bitter than death is a woman whose heart is snares and nets and he that pleases God will escape her. And that he has found one just man in a 1000 in his travels but among 1000 has never found a just woman. He goes on to say that is why it is men who walk upright in the Lord. In 1Timothy 2:14-15 he says it was not Adam who was deceived but eve who deceived him and became a sinner but that women can still be saved thru child-rearing and he does not permit a woman to teach. I could get into my own opinion of God-inspired and autonomy and sign of the times and what technically is scripture and how we apply it to today but we all have to figure this kind of stuff out for ourselves. Im not going to tie this into the teachings of Christ and the current once-saved discussion either. But before we get too carried away there are some tough things to argue biblically..cont
Skom I hope you realize that the verses in 1st Timothy 2 that you're referring to is talking about "married women", and how they aren't to usurp the authority of the husband? Because the husband is the head of the women.

Ephesians 5:22-33.

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Location hidden

#474309 Jan 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
With your attuide you do not deserve a womans love.Stay away from me.
How is it you make things all about you that have nothing to do with you? When Grace was in a dispute before you popped up out of nowhere telling her dont worry people even tried to run you off of all people but you arent the type to get run off because you are so tough. You also said other women had left which strangely would imply they dont have your strength but I thought the "even you" comment was pretty funny. Of course nobody tried to run you off as you initiated every negative exchange for a year making all your points eye-rolling but here u are again making it all about you in a conversation that had nothing to do with you. Was Lawest posting to you where u felt u needed to tell him to leave you alone?? And i am sure guys are all over u in ur head but I wouldnt worry about him pursuing u. You simply say where the pendelum was swinging and are looking to curry favor with other posters.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#474310 Jan 2, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, you are correct. There are other gospels in the Gnostic tradition as well including the Gospel of Mary Magdelene and the Gospel of Judas. Here is more information, read this and then I would like to discuss this subject further if you would like.
Happy New Year to you and may God abundantly bless every area of your life!!
Et vous, mon amie. I never discount the study and review of anything deemed credible, and even some incredible works as well. 2Tim 2:15 instructs us to study to show ourselves approved of God. One of the rules of logic is to keep an open mind, or as I like to put it, keep our minds open to learning. I believe that some people are afraid of learning because it may cause them to alter their beliefs.

There is also the Infancy Gospel of Thomas which has its place in the mix as well.

Merci beaucoup, I will take the time to look at the link.

And a Happy New Year to you, as well.

Location hidden

#474311 Jan 2, 2013
It's late and I need to get up early for a visit with the Doctor that's doing the surgery to implant the ICD in my chest on Monday. So I'm turning in for the night. Night all, and God bless.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#474312 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, no one knows when any ancient text was first written, that is why there are differing ideas among academic investigators (putting theology aside for the moment).
Few will argue that a medieval manuscript is the exact words of an Emperor that died a thousand years before it was written but he same will argue that all "religioguous" texts are frauds. I find that to more reprehensible than any Christian who "believes" in a "magic book" (pardon the poke).
Now as for Thomas. It is one of my favorite texts. It is unique in that I liked while still anatheist and studied it and formed a purly academic opinion of it's antiquity. At the time I also gave Matthew an early dat than Mark but have since reconsidered that.
All any of us really have is theories.
These things I believe, I believe are true. However, when given credible evidence to the contrary I abandon them without remorse.
Bonsoir mon ami, perhaps this shall send some light on the subject:

Happy New Year!!

Location hidden

#474313 Jan 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
It's late and I need to get up early for a visit with the Doctor that's doing the surgery to implant the ICD in my chest on Monday. So I'm turning in for the night. Night all, and God bless.
Will be praying all goes smooth John.(T) PEACE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 4 min thewordofme 498
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 763,143
Last Word + 2 7 min Richies Cool Man ... 939
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min MUQ2 263,313
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min Trunketeer 4,952
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 554,460
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min lisw 174,966
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE