|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Well,you're one of his children,so,I guess you know yo' daddy.
Ya, thats what you guys tell me..........

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
"While virtually all scholars maintain that all of the gospels were written in the first century, within liberal scholarship it is conventionally thought that all four gospels were written post-70AD"
http://www.crossexamined.org/blog/...
"within liberal scholarship it is conventionally thought" says it all.

So it goes without saying that within conservative scholarship it is conventionally thought that not all four gospels were written post 70-AD.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way drew.......Check out that fancy 'y' surounded by parenthesis that Grace is dawning in that post..........
What do you suppose that is?
Hey Lar....You starting trouble...LOL

The (y) is something I showed Grace on Facebook....when you put (y) it turns into a red heart....Nothing negative

As Austin Powers would say...."Oh Behave"

:-)

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
I LIKE talkin' to 'invisible mutes'!:)
Can you hear them answer?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry Drew, but the things that she has posted in her many posts is proof that she has not even gotten started yet, let alone "already there".
I respectfully disagree, Scott. You must remember that it is not us who get started, it is God that starts us.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>It is not like salvation is acheived at 1000 points and every good deed we do is worth a point. Something like that would be earning our salvation imo. Do you think repenting or faith is earning your way to salvation? Then why should obedience be any different? God has not hidden from us who He will save and why. And while none of us deserve to be saved he says those that repent, believe, and obey he will save. I am all for focusing on the positive. Just trying to get the point across there is a reason everyone isnt saved. And just like we must repent and have faith, we must obey. We cant earn something we r not worthy of but God says do these things and He will save us despite not being worthy. sinning is disobeying. So why would it be the devil that makes us feel bad 4 disobeying God? Can we agree a believer ought to repent when he disobeys even if it doesnt affect salvation?
Absolutely Skom. This is a wonderful post and I apologize for getting frustrated with you earlier. If you will be patient with me and allow me to explain a few things to you, we might be able to at least get you to understand WHY I find The Gospel of Grace to be the true message of God. I will show you "what I honestly feel" is the truth. If you still dont want to believe or understand it then, we will just call a truce and agree to dis-agree.

Lets start with repentance.. My whole Christian life, I thought that "repentance meant to be sorry for my sins..at least that waht my x-pastor taught in all his sermons and though he was almost right..Almost doesnt cut it when you are listening to a man and NOT listening to God, SO lets look at how the bible defines it..The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and The New was written in Greek.So lets look at the greek definition for repent.

Repent..The doctrine of Repentance as taught in the Bible is a call to persons to make a radical turn from one way of life to another. The repentance (metanoia) called for throughout the Bible is a summons to a personal, absolute and ultimate unconditional surrender to God as Sovereign. Though it includes sorrow and regret, it is more than that. It is a call to conversion from self-love, self-trust, and self-assertion to obedient trust and self-commitment to God.[1] It is a "change of mind" that involves a conscious turning away from wrong actions, attitudes and thoughts that conflict with a Godly lifestyle and biblical commands, and an intentional turning toward doing that which the Bible says pleases God. Agreeing with God, Towards Jesus Christ. In repenting, one makes a complete change of direction (180 turn) toward God. The words "repent," "repentance," and "repented" are mentioned over 100 times in the Bible.

Repenting means "change of mind" If we change our mind and agree with God towards Jesus Christ and Jesus died for ALL our sins..past, present AND future sins, How many times does one have to repent? If I fall short and sin, Yes, I still feel bad and apologize to my father. I still may face punishment just like my earthly father would do if I dis-obey but My MIND is still "changed" toward God. I accepted Jesus as God commanded me to do. I surrendered my will to Gods will as He commanded. I gave in to self-love-self TRUST and self assertion to OBEDIENT TRUST and self-commitment to GOD.

I posted on forgiveness and I remembered to "cite" my sources. Please let me know what you think of that one. You will probably dis-agree with ALL our sins being forgiven so let me ask you one more thing..Do you believe that God is omni-science? He see's your entire life already..even BEFORE you were born? Jesus died more than 2000 yrs. ago. If he seen you before you were born..He seen your whole life and already forgiven ALL the sins BECAUSE You Accepted AND believed HIS finished work..Thats GRACE

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree, Scott. You must remember that it is not us who get started, it is God that starts us.
Amen.....Brag on God

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hello,Mrs.Grace. You doin' o.k. today??
Doing great Doc. I hope you are as well. I have to get in the bed though. I have to get up at 4:00 am..Leaving for Disney World tomorrow. See you in a week. God Bless You

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The (y) is something I showed Grace on Facebook....when you put (y) it turns into a red heart....Nothing negative
Just gettin it out of my system Epi..........

I sure dont see the heart, but, I'll take your word for it..........

To me it looks like something south of the heart..........As X might say must be projection......
;0)

Happy New Year lovely lady!!!!!!!!!!

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Sis. I have been enlightened to the parenthetical "y" in facebook terms. Shows how ignorant I am about facebook, huh?

Happy New Year. Y'all doing all right? I celebrated New Year's Eve watching our Clemson Tigers beat LSU in the Chik-fil-et Bowl. It was a very exciting game.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed.Also I responded to a post RA made in response to your post and I should have just posted you direct. Although I will just say plese consider some of the things I posted in that response brother. I know you are frustrated right now and dont blame you but dont let that get under your skin to the point where we are saying things we dont mean. Woman have a lot of offer, the one you and I are currently dealing with I dont agree with at all but i dont think that proves women cant teach..just that not everyone is a good teacher (T) PEACE
In the midst of all the name calling and insult trading commentary, I really appreciate this post bro, as you are one of the very few people posting here with a level head and stable personality.

Also my post was not meant to demean women in any manner, God has a role in the church for both men and women, and Women definitely have a duty to perform in helping to further the gospel of Christ as the Bible just does not give them that duty to perform behind the pulpit, but yes again they can serve in other capacities, Paul gave regards and salutations the woman who helped him in the gospel. But I definitely agree with you concerning the Woman that we have been dealing with lately, lol.

God's Peace, Blessings and Grace be upon you brother.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just gettin it out of my system Epi..........
I sure dont see the heart, but, I'll take your word for it..........
To me it looks like something south of the heart..........As X might say must be projection......
;0)
Happy New Year lovely lady!!!!!!!!!!
It doesn't work on topix.....:-)

You too Lar....

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct Drew, but again..........it is obvious by what she teaches that she has definitely started HERSELF, and yes again it is true that as Christians we may still have some minor different beliefs from one another as no one is totally 100% in sync with one another but the things that she has tried to teach here are SO off based from the Word and out of harmony with the scriptures that thete is just no way to Biblically justify them.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> In the midst of all the name calling and insult trading commentary, I really appreciate this post bro, as you are one of the very few people posting here with a level head and stable personality.
Ahem..........

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Sis. I have been enlightened to the parenthetical "y" in facebook terms. Shows how ignorant I am about facebook, huh?
Happy New Year. Y'all doing all right? I celebrated New Year's Eve watching our Clemson Tigers beat LSU in the Chik-fil-et Bowl. It was a very exciting game.
It was....Go Clemson Tigers!!!

I am loving the 60 degree weather in Early January

How is Kim doing? Did she go for surgery yet?

God Bless Friend!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Edit Grace....responding here for space on your post regarding repentance. I thought that was a really good post. And I would ask the same that try to bear with me when I get frustrated. I agree with what you said about repentance and how you defined it. As for whether God knows the future I honestly dont know as far as all of it. He must know at least the future regarding prophesy but why in Genesis does it say God regretted making man if God knows the future in its totality? Would He regret something if he knew in advance what was going to happen when he made man? There is also another verse where it says God thought the woman would return to Him but she didnt. We may never know the answer. But why would God knowing in advance change that we must repent when we sin? Yes repenting is a change in attitude to be sincere but that is why those born of God arent to sin any more. Which is why Christ said to remain in Him we must obey him. But like the prodical son He will take us back every time...cont

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Edit Grace cont...which is why it says in James any who brings a sinner back from his wandering has saved his soul from death and covers a multitude of sins. The bottom line as I see it is that Christ and just the Bible in general teaches us that when we become believers we are to stop sinning and if we dont we are no longer covered by the sacrifice. But if we do God has given us recourse as Jesus will speak on our behalf and if we obey him and do things like repent, forgive others to be forgiven, obey him etc then God will still save us. If we decide screw it I will keep sinning and turn from the faith and God and are unrepentant we are like a dog returning to his vomit. But imo repentance should be ongoing when one wants to obey Christ out of love as of course we will feel bad when we disobey him. It is not like we have to start over every time we sin so long as we continue to repent. But please let me know ur opinion on why the Spirit reminds us of what Jesus taught. Thx. (T) PEACE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> In the midst of all the name calling and insult trading commentary, I really appreciate this post bro, as you are one of the very few people posting here with a level head and stable personality.
Also my post was not meant to demean women in any manner, God has a role in the church for both men and women, and Women definitely have a duty to perform in helping to further the gospel of Christ as the Bible just does not give them that duty to perform behind the pulpit, but yes again they can serve in other capacities, Paul gave regards and salutations the woman who helped him in the gospel. But I definitely agree with you concerning the Woman that we have been dealing with lately, lol.
Thanks for taking my post in the spirit in which it was intended brother. And just know I understand. It can be easy to get caught up in things. I know you respect women and what they can bring to teaching and witnessing.(T) PEACE

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
Lawest....Grace is not behind the pulpit or preaching to anyone....Neither are you. All posters here give their opinions and their interpretations of scripture....She has as much right to give her opinion as You or Skom or Ra or anyone else....Its called Freedom of speech

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Correct Drew, but again..........it is obvious by what she teaches that she has definitely started HERSELF, and yes again it is true that as Christians we may still have some minor different beliefs from one another as no one is totally 100% in sync with one another but the things that she has tried to teach here are SO off based from the Word and out of harmony with the scriptures that thete is just no way to Biblically justify them.
I think maybe she is just misunderstood. So if you would, lighten up a little. And I've learned from past experiences to never refer to a lady, woman, female as "that WOMAN." That is very disrespectful and condescending.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 456,481 - 456,500 of599,041
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

524 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Joyful8118 720,064
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Godchild 114,964
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 256,377
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min USA Born 532,385
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Clearwater 172,243
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 21 min Just Wondering 8,190
should husbands & wives spank each other for se... (Mar '12) 49 min Mrotk 8
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••