#474331 Jan 3, 2013
^^^^reject Paul, not Peter ^^^^

Sorry, haven't slept yet.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474332 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Well I dont want the dumb part but I will take fat and happy over a lot of the alternatives! So send me the chocolates! Plus it will get me in good on some dates as I have yet to come across a woman that doesnt like chocolate! I am told it is a biochemical reaction but I try not to think about the fact I may be in competition with a Hershey Bar! LOL ...Just kidding, I know what you mean and agree. Just slap happy, probably just from being tired as I started work again today.(T) PEACE
What Drew's post brought to my mind was working on our cars with my father. I am glad my father didn't just buy us stuff. When I worked on a project with my dad, the result meant far more than anything one could buy.

That is just me though. You are free to have the chocolates, I'll take the shovel and the map. <smile>

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#474333 Jan 3, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD FOR YOU sweety
buy 2 tickets and both of us go to Jerusalem,
it is easy because I am from overthere,
just sleep under the tree, eat vilagers food,drink water from river,
not wash,live like dirty lunatics pilgrims,and very low cost whole season we can spend in Jerusalem,Israel, go to egipt, after egipt libia, after libia italy, germany, and pssssssssss fly again to america,
or stay in Poland for life draw SS retirment and live like memebers of american congress in Washington DC
JUST LET ME KNOW SWEET HONEY
DR SHRINK IS VERY NICE, AND HANDSOME OLD PAL
Lol...sounds great Doc, can we skip America though? I don't think I want to go there anymore...no offence meant Americans, after being on topix I'm scared is all, don't want to get shot or pelted with rocks for being an anti gun Aussie Christian....lol...let's go Doc, I'll bring my boys!
Peace <3

Location hidden

#474334 Jan 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Knowing and believing that all of our sins (past, present, and future) have been completely forgiven through the blood of the Lamb is the doorway through which every child of God must walk before he can begin to truly understand the amazing grace of God. Trying to teach a Christian that he has a new identity in Christ, that the Holy Spirit now actually lives in him, and that his Heavenly Father loves and accepts him unconditionally will make little sense without him first believing that the sin issue between himself and God is over.
Perhaps no other aspect of our salvation in Christ has been so confusing, paralyzing, and even divisive within the body of Christ as the forgiveness of our sins. How tragic that one of the most glorious and foundational truths of the gospel has deteriorated into a perplexing doctrine that many Christians would prefer to argue was an incomplete work of our Savior rather than one that is actually "finished" (John 19:30).
http://www.forgivenforever.org/forgiven_forev...
I agree Grace, thank you for your posts <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#474335 Jan 3, 2013
Morning....

What you put at the end of your fork is more powerful medicine than anything you will find at the bottom of a pill bottle.”

~ Dr. Mark Hyman

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474336 Jan 3, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I just want to thank You for helping me make it through another day. Thank You for guiding my way, for keeping me safe, and for blessing me. Lord, please give me strength for yet another day of life. Help me to walk in the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. I want to lift up my friends who are suffering with cancer and illness and for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Reach into their lives and provide a peace and comfort that only You can give. Fill that hurt and emptiness they feel with Your presence. Be their help in their times of trouble. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474337 Jan 3, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding.

Proverbs 3:13

K-Love

“"None shall pass"”

There

#474338 Jan 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
And you clearly have shown that you don't know God's Word. Because God's Word clearly talks about women preaching.....
What did Jesus say about it ?

'Jesus said in regards to Mary Magdelene, "I will guide her to make her act like a man, so that she may become in spirit like a man. For every female who is like a man will enter the Kingdom of Heaven." Gospel of Thomas 114

“"None shall pass"”

There

#474339 Jan 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning....
What you put at the end of your fork is more powerful medicine than anything you will find at the bottom of a pill bottle.”
~ Dr. Mark Hyman
Thought For The Day
More graves are surely dug with a fork and spoon and than any shovel.

Location hidden

#474340 Jan 3, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
So His only requirement for His love is faith? dont need to obey the rules, treat others kindly etc..... Thats odd..........
<quoted text>
Play along will ya........
Do you think North korea is right in their handling of Justice? North Koreans think it takes 3 generations to weed out the impurities of their crimnals against the state. That means if a father gets thrown in the workcamps his sons go, and their sons go, and their sons go. Does that seem fair to you?
Why does the first commandment say: You shall have no other Gods before me..........
Wouldn't that mean there are other Gods?
No silly, He means you shall not worship anything before Him; materialism, self, statues you make yourself, the ways of the world, fleshy desires, alcohol, musicians, idols etc....it's like, don't make gods of anything else.
<3

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#474341 Jan 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Watch me really ruffle some feathers with this one Red...The Holy Spirit doesnt CONVICT a believer of sin either. He is our Helper, according to Jesus. They take one verse OUT of context and their preacher yells and spits this at them long enough for them to believe it..Here it is...John 16:8...And when he( The Holy Spirit) is come, he will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
NOW read the rest of the verse in its PROPER context..John 16:9..Of sin, because they believe not on me..<<< Cant be refering to a BELIEVER IF they believe.
The rest in its context..John 16:10...Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more....The Holy Spirit convicts us or reminds us( Believers) that we are Righteous THROUGH Jesus Christ
Last but not least. John 16:11...Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.(satan is judged)
Ok..lets have it now..Its all there in black and white.
Peace and Grace to ALL who will accept it from Jesus.
Don't wave your victory flag so soon, Grace Walker.

You depend far too much on our English translations. In saying that, I think you might want to search out the definition of the Greek term "elegcho." Then, see how many times it appears in our English translations, but in different variations. To help, I'll provide the definition for your.

"convict, convince, rebuke, reprove.

Of uncertain affinity; to confute, admonish -- convict, convince, tell a fault, rebuke, reprove."

Now, search the scriptures, and become aware of all the verses that contain one of the above English variations. Then, tell me that not one of them has anything to do with any of our Godhead, and believers.

I would have done it, but I'm pressed for time.

Location hidden

#474342 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
But yet you put your faith in a book written by man..........
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)
Peace <3

Location hidden

#474343 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I see, so God works through sarcasm and mockery..........Understandabl e........
No, God works through His people. We are people too you know, what? Christians are not allowed to have a sense of humour? Or sarcasm? That's just...something ist! ;p
But the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he sees that his day is coming. Psalm 37:13 (ESV)
And Sarah said,“God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh over me.” Genesis 21:6 (ESV)
Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations,“The Lord has done great things for them.” Psalm 126:2 (ESV)
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 (ESV)
Peace <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474344 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
People...people..people...I know I am the last one with room to talk when it comes to arguments. And while I do try to respect certain boundries I have no doubt I have probably crossed a few in my day. But things are getting out of control and it is the subject why I am posting this. Believers should not be at each other's throats over beliefs. Yes we should remain steadfast and yes we should witness to the truth as we see it and we can do that passionately. But if scripture is meant for training in righteousness, teaching, and correction then we have no cause to question the faith of one another let alone the right or power to assign someone else to the devil. The goal is for iron to sharpen iron. Good Night and God Bless
You have had your amount of arguements.....:-) But It is SAD to see Christians turn against each other....Like I said last night
we are all ENTITLED TO GIVE OUR OPINION ON SCRIPTURE INTERPRETATION.....We all process the scriptures through our "understanding" of what it says. I agree with Drew...We must stay open and NOT Closed otherwise we never mature Spiritually...And we need to Grow in the Lord....

Also Paul wrote his letters in the First Century when women were considered a step above slaves. Jesus Loved Women....He had women followeing him (Mary Magdalene Joanna, and Susanna,)And many women opened their homes in the First Century to set up "churches"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474345 Jan 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
It's late and I need to get up early for a visit with the Doctor that's doing the surgery to implant the ICD in my chest on Monday. So I'm turning in for the night. Night all, and God bless.
Prayers for you RA....I know you will alright....

God Bless

Location hidden

#474346 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"While virtually all scholars maintain that all of the gospels were written in the first century, within liberal scholarship it is conventionally thought that all four gospels were written post-70AD"
http://www.crossexamined.org/blog/...
"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth--men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, folly will be clear to everyone." 2 Timothy 3:1-9 (NIV)
Peace ;p

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#474347 Jan 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom I hope you realize that the verses in 1st Timothy 2 that you're referring to is talking about "married women", and how they aren't to usurp the authority of the husband? Because the husband is the head of the women.
Ephesians 5:22-33.
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Hey John

I think maybe you thought I said Ephesians not Ecclesiastes for the other verses. These are the other ones from Ecclesiastes 7

Ecclesiastes 7
26I find more bitter than death
the woman who is a snare,
whose heart is a trap
and whose hands are chains.
The man who pleases God will escape her,
but the sinner she will ensnare.
27“Look,” says the Teacher,b “this is what I have discovered:
“Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things—
28while I was still searching
but not finding—
I found one [upright] man among a thousand,
but not one [upright] woman among them all.
29This only have I found:
God made mankind upright,
but men have gone in search of many schemes.”

And these are the ones from Timothy

1Timothy 2
11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15But womena will be savedb through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

(T) Peace

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474348 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Well I dont want the dumb part but I will take fat and happy over a lot of the alternatives! So send me the chocolates! Plus it will get me in good on some dates as I have yet to come across a woman that doesnt like chocolate! I am told it is a biochemical reaction but I try not to think about the fact I may be in competition with a Hershey Bar! LOL ...Just kidding, I know what you mean and agree. Just slap happy, probably just from being tired as I started work again today.(T) PEACE
Chocolates effect Brain Chemistry....Dark Chocoalte is the BEST health wise (if chocolate can be good for you)

Do you give a girl flowers also?

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#474349 Jan 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all I expect from anyone, even if I disagree with their conclusions.
I can not say I believe something if I don't. All I can do is explain why I believe what I do. If I can't explain it (at least to myself) then I need to evaluate my stance.
There are many things theologically I am uncertain of. However as far as academics go (history, archaelogy), I am better prepared than most.
It is interesting that my belief in God and Jesus is not changes by the history but rather strengthened.
I dare say, my abilty to reject peter as mere opinion has lead my to focus on Jesus and the OT more.
Hope that made sense to you.
:-)

Location hidden

#474350 Jan 3, 2013
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Your remarks are a "no brainer" It is a matter of spiritual fact that the war in Heaven, Lucifer, who was the closest to GOD, tried to overthrow him and was relegated to the lowest of the worlds, the material, his footstool, in which we live and breathe, for a short time. The ultimate Heaven and Hell thing was made in the first Nice convention. GOD has everything under control. He does not give you more than you can handle and if you do manage to transcend the "Peter Principle" for the time, you will be relegated back to your level. Only beware, GOD is not mocked and woe be it to the preacher who games on his flock, there is a special place in Hell for them. Watch the TV. See the show, The delusional preachers out for material gain will have theirs, If you are indeed the child of the LIVING GOD, He will give you as your needs be, maybe not what you want, but what you can safely handle, Just don't let the praying knees get weak, we are all sinners, for none has not sinned, Repent while the time is at hand, do not think you can live a demonic life and then draw your final breath and finally say,"I believe in you." Factually speaking, you had lived your whole life in sin and then in the last moment look to him. Look to the God you had worshiped all the years you were as you were. The only safe bet is JESUS< the son, and the gift of the Holy Spirit. I and my colleagues know if you are saved within the first words out of your mouth, even if you spout religiosity. JESUS SAVES.
Amen <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aerobatty 118,830
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,830
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 678,811
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 hr Sigmund Drumpf 2,300
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 6 hr Crazy night 12
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 6 hr Red nissan 74
Cammack Village PUNKS 6 hr Snails Pace 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web