Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#474316 Jan 2, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Et vous, mon amie. I never discount the study and review of anything deemed credible, and even some incredible works as well. 2Tim 2:15 instructs us to study to show ourselves approved of God. One of the rules of logic is to keep an open mind, or as I like to put it, keep our minds open to learning. I believe that some people are afraid of learning because it may cause them to alter their beliefs.
There is also the Infancy Gospel of Thomas which has its place in the mix as well.
Merci beaucoup, I will take the time to look at the link.
And a Happy New Year to you, as well.
Bonsoir mon ami, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, as a Catholic I am deeply familiar with the Gnostic texts. I too have an open mind but my faith is never swayed as a result of new knowledge that differs, there is also the Infancy Gospel of James as well that gives a different historical viewpoint of the birth of Jesus. My soulmate Sora and I own copies of the Gnostic bible, I believe that only those weak in their faith are swayed by differing opinions. When you are done reading it I would like to know what you think.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#474317 Jan 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut up fish mouth.You make post after post and saying nothing but air head ideas.
I had to re-read that a few times wondering how a 67 year old woman could post like a child. Then I remembered your whole back-story is a lie. Plus I looked at the time and realized you are probably drunk as your posts always get more bizarre the later it gets in the day. Hasta la pasta poopy pants

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#474318 Jan 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
It's late and I need to get up early for a visit with the Doctor that's doing the surgery to implant the ICD in my chest on Monday. So I'm turning in for the night. Night all, and God bless.
You had better make sure that you allow God to open your eyes to his truth and turn away from your man made doctrinal beliefs, and stop vilifying those who stand on it, by his grace he spared you not to be taken out by a heart attack and so you better use that time to get right with him and repent yourself.

Goodnight and God Bless your condition.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#474319 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, no one knows when any ancient text was first written, that is why there are differing ideas among academic investigators (putting theology aside for the moment).
Few will argue that a medieval manuscript is the exact words of an Emperor that died a thousand years before it was written but he same will argue that all "religioguous" texts are frauds. I find that to more reprehensible than any Christian who "believes" in a "magic book" (pardon the poke).
Now as for Thomas. It is one of my favorite texts. It is unique in that I liked while still anatheist and studied it and formed a purly academic opinion of it's antiquity. At the time I also gave Matthew an early dat than Mark but have since reconsidered that.
All any of us really have is theories.
These things I believe, I believe are true. However, when given credible evidence to the contrary I abandon them without remorse.
I'm glad I stuck around. All any of us can do is dig and dig some more. I've always told my students that it would be easy for me to give each of them a box of chocolates every day, but all they would become is fat, dumb and happy. But I'm going to give them a shovel, microscope and pencil and paper along with a little direction and let them do some exploring themselves. However, it seems that most would rather have the box of chocolates, and that saddens me.

And as you say, I believe what I believe because I've tried to objectively study the evidence and come to logical conclusions and my beliefs have been altered and I'm sure they will continue to morph.

That's why I'll never claim to be a scholar, but I will, as long as I'm physically capable, continue to be a student of the Word and other things I deem relevant.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474320 Jan 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut up fish mouth.You make post after post and saying nothing but air head ideas.
Very mature behavior, and he is right. You know I have noticed in the past that there were some friction between you and Skom but I never gave it deep attention, but when you posted that commentary to me about leaving you alone, I can say that I now understand his misgivings about you. Very sad.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474321 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I would have no intentions of going anywhere near you, and if my standing on God's Word makes me seem like someone with a low opinion of women when such is not tbe case, so be it, I am not going to back off of God's Holy Word as he knows the heart, have fun pondering on that.
Goodnight.
When you think a woman has no right to express herself with her beleifs than sir you are deining one of God's children there rights.A woman belongs just as much to God as a man does.Cause God put both in this world.Any man who turns into a control freak over a woman belief you bet I think women should leave theses type of men alone.Not one thing funny about it at all.You got your belief and I think women are entitled to voice theres too.I care not to converse with you with your type of attuide is all.So I just choose to scroll right on past you as I do some of the others on this thread no big deal to me.

Location hidden

#474322 Jan 2, 2013
People...people..people...I know I am the last one with room to talk when it comes to arguments. And while I do try to respect certain boundries I have no doubt I have probably crossed a few in my day. But things are getting out of control and it is the subject why I am posting this. Believers should not be at each other's throats over beliefs. Yes we should remain steadfast and yes we should witness to the truth as we see it and we can do that passionately. But if scripture is meant for training in righteousness, teaching, and correction then we have no cause to question the faith of one another let alone the right or power to assign someone else to the devil. The goal is for iron to sharpen iron. Good Night and God Bless

Location hidden

#474323 Jan 2, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I stuck around. All any of us can do is dig and dig some more. I've always told my students that it would be easy for me to give each of them a box of chocolates every day, but all they would become is fat, dumb and happy. But I'm going to give them a shovel, microscope and pencil and paper along with a little direction and let them do some exploring themselves. However, it seems that most would rather have the box of chocolates, and that saddens me.
Well I dont want the dumb part but I will take fat and happy over a lot of the alternatives! So send me the chocolates! Plus it will get me in good on some dates as I have yet to come across a woman that doesnt like chocolate! I am told it is a biochemical reaction but I try not to think about the fact I may be in competition with a Hershey Bar! LOL ...Just kidding, I know what you mean and agree. Just slap happy, probably just from being tired as I started work again today.(T) PEACE

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474324 Jan 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, after the show you've put on in here tonight you're the last person to tell someone else that they're full of the devil.
Open your eyes Lawest. Look around. Read the posts.
Are yo so blind that you aren't seeing what people are saying to you and trying to get you to see?
Are you so blind that you aren't seeing just how wrong you are in what you've been saying and doing in here tonight?
Do you really think everyone that is trying to get you to open your blind eyes is wrong and you are right?
If you answered yes to any of those questions than I truly pity you. Because if you did it just proves how delusional and out of touch with reality you really are.
I so badly which you had the ability yo appreciate the incredible irony of your posts, you are a master projector as you have called me and others blind, out of touch with reality , delusional, full of the devil and a liar, among other things, too blind yourself to realize that all those things apply to you perhaps more than anyone else who posts here, you are a sick man John in more than just one way, and please do not pity me because I am in Christ where you need to be, save your pity because it is a misplaced joke and as I've told you before..........DON'T pray for me because I don't want YOUR God ( the devil ) to Bless me, But along with everyone else I'll pray for you.

Location hidden

#474325 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Very mature behavior, and he is right. You know I have noticed in the past that there were some friction between you and Skom but I never gave it deep attention, but when you posted that commentary to me about leaving you alone, I can say that I now understand his misgivings about you. Very sad.
What really ticked me off about it is you have always been really cool to her. But if she is who I think then dumping a friendship if she thinks it will benefit her comes as naturally as breathing. And even if she isnt that person she is cut from the same cloth.Oh well, it is what it is. If you had the low opinion of women as she claims you wouldnt have treated her and others with such respect over the years. You and I may approach a woman's role in the church differently but its not an easy subject to navigate Biblically. In any event, simply found it telling how she posted to you after you treating her with nothing but respect.(T) PEACE

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474326 Jan 2, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
When you think a woman has no right to express herself with her beleifs than sir you are deining one of God's children there rights.A woman belongs just as much to God as a man does.Cause God put both in this world.Any man who turns into a control freak over a woman belief you bet I think women should leave theses type of men alone.Not one thing funny about it at all.You got your belief and I think women are entitled to voice theres too.I care not to converse with you with your type of attuide is all.So I just choose to scroll right on past you as I do some of the others on this thread no big deal to me.
If I'm a control freak LW then God is the greatest " control freak" of all because I'm only expressing HIS Word and his Word only, but some of you women sre so neurotic that when someone expresses that Word that conveys such subjects as speaking against women preaching then you attack the person speaking it, show that the love of God and his Word is not in your heart.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#474327 Jan 2, 2013
Father forgive them for they know not what they do.
Luke23:34

For there is nothing I would need revenge of.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#474328 Jan 3, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, perhaps this shall send some light on the subject:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06592a.htm
Happy New Year!!
Thanks. The problem with Gnosticism is that there is very little surviving eaarly Gnostic texts and most of what is written about Gnosticism comes from those in opposition to it centuries after its origins. Much like basing the beliefs of the entire Democratic Party using only commentaries by Fox News as evidence.

Note that Gnosticism is closely related to both Christian and Jewish Kabbalistic beliefs that still survive.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#474329 Jan 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm only expressing HIS Word and his Word only, but some of you women sre so neurotic that when someone expresses that Word that conveys such subjects as speaking against women preaching then you attack the person speaking it, show that the love of God and his Word is not in your heart.
And you clearly have shown that you don't know God's Word. Because God's Word clearly talks about women preaching.

Acts 2:17.

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

There it is for all to see Lawest.

Daughters (women) shall prophesy.

Prophesy.
A message of divine truth revealing God's will.
The act of uttering such a message.

Women preaching "a message of divine truth revealing God's will."

The act of women uttering (which is speaking) such a message.

Right there it is in the book of Acts in God's Word Lawest. Chapter 2 verse 17.

Now tell us all again how you are "only expressing HIS Word and his Word only".

And how women aren't to preach.

Because in the book of Acts it clearly says they can and will preach.
_______

***Watch the spinning and twisting begin. Either that or Lawest will act like it's not there in God's Word for all to see and he'll simply ignore it and avoid it.***

“"None shall pass"”

There

#474330 Jan 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
And as you say, I believe what I believe because I've tried to objectively study the evidence and come to logical conclusions and my beliefs have been altered and I'm sure they will continue to morph.
That's why I'll never claim to be a scholar, but I will, as long as I'm physically capable, continue to be a student of the Word and other things I deem relevant.
That is all I expect from anyone, even if I disagree with their conclusions.

I can not say I believe something if I don't. All I can do is explain why I believe what I do. If I can't explain it (at least to myself) then I need to evaluate my stance.

There are many things theologically I am uncertain of. However as far as academics go (history, archaelogy), I am better prepared than most.

It is interesting that my belief in God and Jesus is not changes by the history but rather strengthened.
I dare say, my abilty to reject peter as mere opinion has lead my to focus on Jesus and the OT more.

Hope that made sense to you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#474331 Jan 3, 2013
^^^^reject Paul, not Peter ^^^^

Sorry, haven't slept yet.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#474332 Jan 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Well I dont want the dumb part but I will take fat and happy over a lot of the alternatives! So send me the chocolates! Plus it will get me in good on some dates as I have yet to come across a woman that doesnt like chocolate! I am told it is a biochemical reaction but I try not to think about the fact I may be in competition with a Hershey Bar! LOL ...Just kidding, I know what you mean and agree. Just slap happy, probably just from being tired as I started work again today.(T) PEACE
What Drew's post brought to my mind was working on our cars with my father. I am glad my father didn't just buy us stuff. When I worked on a project with my dad, the result meant far more than anything one could buy.

That is just me though. You are free to have the chocolates, I'll take the shovel and the map. <smile>

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#474333 Jan 3, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD FOR YOU sweety
buy 2 tickets and both of us go to Jerusalem,
it is easy because I am from overthere,
just sleep under the tree, eat vilagers food,drink water from river,
not wash,live like dirty lunatics pilgrims,and very low cost whole season we can spend in Jerusalem,Israel, go to egipt, after egipt libia, after libia italy, germany, and pssssssssss fly again to america,
or stay in Poland for life draw SS retirment and live like memebers of american congress in Washington DC
JUST LET ME KNOW SWEET HONEY
DR SHRINK IS VERY NICE, AND HANDSOME OLD PAL
Lol...sounds great Doc, can we skip America though? I don't think I want to go there anymore...no offence meant Americans, after being on topix I'm scared is all, don't want to get shot or pelted with rocks for being an anti gun Aussie Christian....lol...let's go Doc, I'll bring my boys!
Peace <3

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#474334 Jan 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Knowing and believing that all of our sins (past, present, and future) have been completely forgiven through the blood of the Lamb is the doorway through which every child of God must walk before he can begin to truly understand the amazing grace of God. Trying to teach a Christian that he has a new identity in Christ, that the Holy Spirit now actually lives in him, and that his Heavenly Father loves and accepts him unconditionally will make little sense without him first believing that the sin issue between himself and God is over.
Perhaps no other aspect of our salvation in Christ has been so confusing, paralyzing, and even divisive within the body of Christ as the forgiveness of our sins. How tragic that one of the most glorious and foundational truths of the gospel has deteriorated into a perplexing doctrine that many Christians would prefer to argue was an incomplete work of our Savior rather than one that is actually "finished" (John 19:30).
http://www.forgivenforever.org/forgiven_forev...
I agree Grace, thank you for your posts <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#474335 Jan 3, 2013
Morning....

What you put at the end of your fork is more powerful medicine than anything you will find at the bottom of a pill bottle.”

~ Dr. Mark Hyman

Thought For The Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Clearwater 56,044
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 650,116
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min brandy trujillo 971,748
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 15 min WasteWater 2,312
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min RiccardoFire 44,947
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr New Ideas 436
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 182,938
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web