Comments
456,381 - 456,400 of 600,014 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#474175 Jan 2, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
So some He means to save while the rest are fodder for the wolves ...I sure am glad I don't follow that God.
The truth is not always pretty. People like everything pretty and nice, like their God. They want a God who agrees with their thoughts, and overlooks their rebellion against His law, because they are nice people- He just loves them all, just the way they are, right?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#474176 Jan 2, 2013
Justification_(theology)

www.reference.com/browse/Justification_%28the...

In Christian theology, justification is God's act of declaring or making a sinner righteous before God. Justification, from the Greek &#948;&#953;&#954; &#945;&#953;&#972; &#969; (dikaio&#333;), to declare/make.

Romans 5:1..Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Location hidden

#474178 Jan 2, 2013
Knowing and believing that all of our sins (past, present, and future) have been completely forgiven through the blood of the Lamb is the doorway through which every child of God must walk before he can begin to truly understand the amazing grace of God. Trying to teach a Christian that he has a new identity in Christ, that the Holy Spirit now actually lives in him, and that his Heavenly Father loves and accepts him unconditionally will make little sense without him first believing that the sin issue between himself and God is over.

Perhaps no other aspect of our salvation in Christ has been so confusing, paralyzing, and even divisive within the body of Christ as the forgiveness of our sins. How tragic that one of the most glorious and foundational truths of the gospel has deteriorated into a perplexing doctrine that many Christians would prefer to argue was an incomplete work of our Savior rather than one that is actually "finished" (John 19:30).

http://www.forgivenforever.org/forgiven_forev...

Location hidden

#474180 Jan 2, 2013
Why the confusion on something so elementary and crucial to our salvation? Your enemy, the father of lies, does not want you to know and believe that you have been forgiven, once-and-for-all. Since he cannot alter your eternal destiny if you are in Christ, then he will do all he can to deceive you into thinking that your behavior is to be the primary focus of your life.

Some Christians seem to think that the key to experiencing the "abundant life" that Jesus promised is to "keep short accounts with God." Let’s wake-up, Church! The last thing that Satan wants is for you experience the freedom you now have in Christ (Gal. 5:1) through setting "your mind on the things above" where "your life is hidden with Christ in God" (Col. 3:2-3).

You see, the accuser of the brethren (Rev. 12:10) knows that if you believe the truth that your sins have actually been "removed" by God, "as far as the east is from the west" (Psalm 103:12), you will begin to shift your attention off of yourself and onto your blessed Redeemer! The result? The supernatural, miraculous life of Christ will be expressed through you, bringing glory to God and producing the righteous behavior your new heart longs to display.

Many teachers today tell their listeners that the sinner can come to God just as they are and receive forgiveness of sins (salvation is much more than just getting forgiven). But just as quickly as the sinner responds to Christ by faith and is saved, they are told to make sure they keep all their sins confessed so they will stay forgiven! Huh?

Location hidden

#474181 Jan 2, 2013
If He has saved you, then "by His doing you are in Christ Jesus" (1 Cor. 1:30). Why is that important to know? Because, "in Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses" (Eph. 1:7). Is our having forgiveness based upon our confessing, asking, pleading with God? No, we have forgiveness (now and forever!) "according to the riches of His grace" (Eph. 1:7). His grace really is amazing!

But didn’t Jesus teach that we would only be forgiven if we made sure we forgave others (Matt. 6:14-15)? He sure did. At the perfect time in all of history, with the old covenant still in effect, "God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law" (Gal. 4:4-5). How was God going to redeem those who were under the Law? By coming down to earth Himself to show man and teach man that "by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight" (Rom. 3:20). Jesus’ teachings took the Law to a whole new level…impossibly unachievable! He took the Law past the realm of external performance to the realm of the heart to reveal the wickedness and hopelessness of all men. Why? So that they would come to Him for life (John 6:33; 8:24; 14:6)! Do you ever struggle with unforgiveness toward others? Then just like the Pharisees of Jesus’ day, friend, you need the Savior!

Through His once-and-for-all sacrifice on the Cross almost 2,000 years ago, we have been forgiven (Col. 3:13). Unlike the old covenant sacrifices, Jesus’ blood did not atone or cover our sins…He took them away (John 1:29; Heb. 9:26). There will not be a future payment (Heb. 10:12). He will not, and does not, get up on the Cross again and again to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (Heb. 10:10, 18; 1 John 2:2). When He said, "It is finished," He meant it!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#474182 Jan 2, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you say Drew has a "somewhat knowledge of Christ"?
Now that's hilarious!!!
Newsflash Lawest. If you ask all the Christians that post in here they will tell you that Drew has a knowledge of Christ that you don't even come close to.
Your overblown ego has taken control of you Lawest!!!
Yes Apples that IS hilarious, but for a very different, when you say " all the christians that post in here"..........that's just further confirmation that I am on the correct side of Christ, think you much.

Location hidden

#474185 Jan 2, 2013
Hebrews 8:12

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember NO MORE.

Thats WHAT Jesus did for Us..Thats OUR LORD..All the Praise, Glory and Honor goes to HIM..

Knowing ALL this should not make a person say..ooohhh boy..now I can do whatever I want?? That makes NO sense.If somebody thinks that way, they need Jesus

Location hidden

#474186 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes Apples that IS hilarious, but for a very different, when you say " all the christians that post in here"..........that's just further confirmation that I am on the correct side of Christ, think you much.
Correct side of Christ should be on this side of the cross..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474187 Jan 2, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It is because you can't answer a single real question.
All most of you do is babble doctrine that you don't even understand and then tell anyone who disagrees or questions it that they are evil POS.
GFY
And you are talking to one of the PRIME examples on that one.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#474189 Jan 2, 2013
reggieboy2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is not always pretty. People like everything pretty and nice, like their God. They want a God who agrees with their thoughts, and overlooks their rebellion against His law, because they are nice people- He just loves them all, just the way they are, right?
So then the christian god is not the all loving, compassionate, forgiving God that most christian religions teach..........

Just like I said a few days ago when everyone got on me for trashing christianity and their beliefs he is ruthless, quick to anger, insecure and mean and I'll ad unfair..........

I'm sure glad he isnt the only God there is, as he states he doesn't want any of the other Gods out there put before him..........

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#474190 Jan 2, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right
but this HU atheistic and blasphemer of our Lord,is seating here 2 years like nit invited paqrasite and insult all honest true believers,
anyway
he doesn't escape hell,
drawed foodstamps and lies to SS make him bum,kazy,abuser of our tax money and menace of this Society brining shame to the noble humble american christians,and all those saints on this topic(some call this place as internet church,only thres is not true spiritual 100% teacher on this topic.
most credit to be humble teacher is BLL and L100.GW and Quin(only Quin worship to many pagan idols and pagan days)
skombolis too is smart,only many times he contradict basic passage of Bible,but some day Gods Spirit squiz his brain like lemon juice to the green tee and Gods Spirit will correct Skombolis properly
I believe at this
busybody ...gossip

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#474191 Jan 2, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
RA narrow chicken brain can overestimate DREW knowledge,
Drew is humble believer like you,and humble believers doesn't have to be glorifies by chicken brains and haters like old dieying crip RA
L100
just be free and happy,and not pay attention this RA deceiver old dieying child of devil,praying to devil for extension of his one more day on this earth
true believers and elected children everyday pray for their own body death to be with their beloved Father forever
Psalm 116;15.and gal 2;20 apply daily to the true children remnant very soon be depatred to the TRUE PURE COUNTRY BELONGING TO THEM ONLY.
Not to such carnal haters and mockers name RA and some few around
Heavenly country doesn't have any place for them
God bless you L100
busybody, gossip

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#474192 Jan 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
So then the christian god is not the all loving, compassionate, forgiving God that most christian religions teach..........
Just like I said a few days ago when everyone got on me for trashing christianity and their beliefs he is ruthless, quick to anger, insecure and mean and I'll ad unfair..........
I'm sure glad he isnt the only God there is, as he states he doesn't want any of the other Gods out there put before him..........
There is no other God but Him. All others that men worship are of the own imaginations. And btw you are wrong about His nature, He is a just God and merciful. We are the villians and evil doers.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474193 Jan 2, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I understand the "you" now. So, can you tell others how someone comes about (to) this faith and where it comes from?
The Word preached is what convicts people in their hearts making them Godly sorrowful of all the sins that they have committed in their lives bringing their hearts unto repentance, but not everyone takes heed to what they hear, particulary if the Lord himself have not drawn that person

Romans 10:14

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

He ( Christ ) stands at the door of your heart and knocks, wanting to be let in. Now let me ask YOU a question..........if a man is born again IN Christ Jesus, grows stronger in grace for years, then begans to gradually fall away, stop praying and through other circumstances in his life end up going fall blown back into sin, turning his back on God and end up dying in that state never returning back to Christ, will that man be saved in the end?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474195 Jan 2, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct side of Christ should be on this side of the cross..
True, do you care to join us?

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#474196 Jan 2, 2013
reggieboy2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheese ...another one!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#474197 Jan 2, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Happy New Year to you as well Bro. Lawest. So far, so goooooood. God is Good that is. I hope you are doing well also and may God bless you in spiritual abundance and strengthen you.
Good evening bro, doing well here and may God do likewise for you.(c:

#474198 Jan 2, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if true God would be like you describe Him.
long time ago you wouldn't exist nor this murderous mankind hating everything what is created by God.
rather,true God is not God of false christianity describing Him as Love,but in those christians mind LOVE means hate others, insult othrers,mock others,kill ar wars, celebrate pagan s...holidays and sex between man with man,women with women and women with Dog,or man with female pig
THIS IS DEFINITION OF CHRISTIANITY OF THIS WORLD AND THEIR GOD LOVE-angel of light devil alone,pervert in moral law and Law of God' 2 Cor 11;13-15.2 Thess 2;3-12
somehow you are right,
only you suppose to divide this world wicked christianity and separate them
from TRUE GOD HAVING NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM,THEIR MEMBERS,POPES PHEDOFILE,PRIEST FAT LIKE PIGS AND IMMORAL PERVERTS,AND TEACHERS TEACHING SERMONS OF DEVIL.
Lets just say your right..........

What do you think is more merciful, not existing or an eternity in your Gods hell?

How could a mere human such as myself take anyone away from the all mighty God? You give me far to much credit Mr. Shrink..........

#474199 Jan 2, 2013
reggieboy2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
So His only requirement for His love is faith? dont need to obey the rules, treat others kindly etc..... Thats odd..........
reggieboy2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no other God but Him. All others that men worship are of the own imaginations. And btw you are wrong about His nature, He is a just God and merciful. We are the villians and evil doers.
Play along will ya........

Do you think North korea is right in their handling of Justice? North Koreans think it takes 3 generations to weed out the impurities of their crimnals against the state. That means if a father gets thrown in the workcamps his sons go, and their sons go, and their sons go. Does that seem fair to you?

Why does the first commandment say: You shall have no other Gods before me..........

Wouldn't that mean there are other Gods?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#474200 Jan 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> if a man is born again IN Christ Jesus, grows stronger in grace for years, then begans to gradually fall away, stop praying and through other circumstances in his life end up going fall blown back into sin, turning his back on God and end up dying in that state never returning back to Christ, will that man be saved in the end?
<<<Rolls eyes

Wow, can you be anymore lost?

Tell me how can a person "grow stronger in grace" when the grace is God's grace not the person's grace?

The person has nothing to do with that grace Lawest.
_______

Now I see why Lawest doesn't understand why a person can't lose their salvation that was given as a gift by the grace of God.

The poor guy doesn't even understand that the grace is God's and that we have nothing to do with it.
_______

Now wonder you're so lost Lawest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Catcher1 733,219
Good bye Michael Sam 13 min WasteWater 9
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min June VanDerMark 539,185
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 29 min WasteWater 4,343
someone is so happy Michael Sams is released 31 min andet1987 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min WasteWater 258,078
I'm SO GLAD the St. Louis Rams cut Michelle Sam... 34 min andet1987 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 226,389
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr JUDEletePete 118,007
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••