Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Or going to strip clubs and drinking like you said you were going to do?
There is nothing inherently wrong with sports, however if one becomes obsessed with sports or any earthly activity for the wrong reasons, then yes.
God's love to you. This is true. Before my pastor said yes to the Lord he was a professional football (soccer) player in Ireland. His coach told him he would be a fool to give it up as he had it made. Thankful he said yes to God and part of his witness is how sports had become a false god to him. Anything before God is wrong and as I've learned what might be a problem for one man could be used for the Lord's glory for the next. Happy new year everyone! Love you miss you.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

TIM958 wrote:
I think what is missing from American Christians for the most part is humility...... Yes I agree with myself here. Hmmmmm
God bless. Back in choir a song that has stuck with me, What if I gave all? Here is a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
If you start that strawman shite I'm not talking to you. You didn't say what Paul wrote, read your question again, far as I know, Acts was Luke's second book, the verses I provided shows the kinds of things Paul said about Jesus. Acts contains a lot of information about Paul, his awakening, revelations, actions and words. Paul wrote these books in the Bible: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon.
<3
Hi Luci. I'm sure by now you are finding your efforts at having an intelligent conversation with G are futile, and if you allow it, it will lead to frustration. That seems to be his goal in here, to confound and confuse by offering his spin on things which is so far from the truth it is truly ridiculous.

Happy New Year to you.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
poster g_o_d is posessed by legion of demons, and those demons fight bloody spiritual war inside of his brain with Holy Spirit trying to throw out those demons,and restore his g_o_d brain spiritual dignity
this guy head,heart,and body is horible tormented, and beaten by 2 powers
and we have to have mercy,and pitty,and pray for this wrecked poor old soul having already one foot in the hell
there is reason,
why he seat here on this topic,
but devils manipulate his brain and always spew against Jesus Christ Gospel
g_o_d needs our daily help and patience
drew just ignore his vile oposition and post to him,LOVE,BIBLE PASSAGES, SWEET WORDS,AND CARE
God bless you Drew
Good advice with much truth, shrink. Let's see if we can do that.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year Apples!!!! May God Bless you and yours for years to come <3
God bless you on the other side of the world. Such a time that people can talk to each other over so many miles so very quickly. This reminds me that I don't think it will be much longer before the events in the Rev of Jesus Christ are here.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
God's love to you. This is true. Before my pastor said yes to the Lord he was a professional football (soccer) player in Ireland. His coach told him he would be a fool to give it up as he had it made. Thankful he said yes to God and part of his witness is how sports had become a false god to him. Anything before God is wrong and as I've learned what might be a problem for one man could be used for the Lord's glory for the next. Happy new year everyone! Love you miss you.
Happy New Year to you and yours, Chris.

I know a pastor who was a highly recruited football player out of high school with many college scholarship offers. He also felt God's call to the ministry. But he chose football. Well his college playing days were shortened by numerous injuries and he was never able to live up to what was expected of him. He finally surrendered to God's calling and now he is serving the Lord and has much more peace, joy, and happiness.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Skombolis, I am honored that I am at last able to greet you. I would like to begin by saying thank you for your kind words as Christians we need to keep in mind that God loves all people and Jesus died for all of us and we must honor his sacrifice by living as he lived. This is my opinion, it is easier to smile at a person than to frown at them.
Seraphine has told me quite a bit about you and I can assure you that in regards to what happened before hand it is forgiven and forgotten. Seraphine and I are currently reading War and Peace at the moment by Leo Tolstoy. Are you familiar with Leo Tolstoy or any of his work? He is our favorite author and everytime we visit Russia is it wonderful indeed.
It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
What does this quote mean to you? Does it speak to you? I again am honored to have had this conversation and look foward to hearing your thoughts. be well and be blessed :).
Hello Sero

I have seen that quote from Hellen Keller before. I think it speaks for itself pretty much. Doing the right thing and living how we are supposed to live is the most effective way to fight temptation. It is rare the devil or evil tempts us and persuades us when we are at our strongest. It gets us when we are at our weakness.

While I wouldn't go as far as the quote to say the devil would basically die of boredom or disinterest if we spent all our time loving one another as I don't think we are ever 100% out of the reach of temptation and evil will always try to entice man, I do agree with the point which is there would be no evil to fight if we were already doing what we are supposed to. And instead of worrying so much much about what evil is up to we should be flooding the world with love and that would solve the problem more effectively anyway

And just to clarify, while i do believe there is evil in the world and even within the hearts of man and there are forces that seem to tempt us the most when we are weak, I am by no means suggesting that absolves us of responsibility. We have free will. We make our own choices. And God gives us ways around every temptation. So to me there is no "the devil made me do it". But at the same time I do believe in forces of good and evil that exist.

Nice to meet you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a good evening....We will also probably go out to dinner and try to stay up till midnight. I got a Kuerig for Christmas so maybe I should start drinking coffee early....LOL
Hopefully 2013 will be a Better year for America.....
Hugs to you Steve-o
I had to look-up Kuerig! Google for some reason wasn't as helpful as it normally is. I had to scroll for a bit but saw it is a real good coffee maker company. My bank has one of those machines where you put in an individual size container of grounds and close the lid on it and it makes like 2 individual cups of coffee. I have been meaning to look into getting one of those as I make a pot whenever i am in the mood and then it seems like the rest just goes to waste

I hear ya on 2013. It seems like we have been on the steady decline for about15 years now and throw in all the tragedies of last year and it can take its toll mentally. I hope and pray as well we see a better year coming up

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I thought it was pretty nifty myself. I love your posts by the way, you have a very nice, clear way of explaining things. Thank you for sharing <3
Thanks

Hope all is well

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Something I've said on here multiple times. It is quite sad that so many who profess Jesus seem to focus on the carnal things much more than they do the eternal things.
I am assuming you are talking about things unrelated to the Bible and the teachings of Jesus?

Obviously many of Christ's teachings had to do with how we act while alive in human form such as feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, giving to the poor, loving thy neighbor, etc. There is a big difference between helping those in the world and when the bible talks about being of the world instead of being of God.

Are you basically just saying there are many that talk about their faith but don't live it? Because I am not sure i am following the eternal to the world comparison. Camping had his followers basically mock the idea of literally feeding starving people food claiming when Jesus said feed the hungry he meant only spiritual "food". That claim was absurd as Jesus maintained many times we were to care for both the physical and spiritual needs of others as he demonstrated in the parable of the Good Samaritan what loving thy neighbor was all about. In fact it says in John

1 John 3:17-18
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

So I just wanted to clarify you aren't saying we should ONLY be concerned with the spiritual needs of others are you? I just wanted to make sure i am following what you are defining "carnal" to mean in this instance when comparing it to "eternal" as that comparison almost seems like it is saying any actions focused on the here and now are carnal. But i may not be understanding

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Something I've said on here multiple times. It is quite sad that so many who profess Jesus seem to focus on the carnal things much more than they do the eternal things.
Dang it, sorry Drew. I first saw your answer in a response from someone else so when I kept going and saw your reply I then asked you the question without seeing what you had said it in response to.

I see now it was said to the post by Lawest where he said:

"True, but the spirit also wrote this through Paul because he wanted our focus on God and his kingdom and so much on "Lebron Jamrs, Basketball" and other worldly entertainment and pleasures, RIGHT???"

So you were definitely talking about things outside the Bible and Christ's teachings but being "of the world".

That is a relief as I was concerned for a minute that you were saying focusing on anything to do with this life makes it carnal. I see now you were talking about things of this world that have nothing to do with Jesus

(T) Peace

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, RA. He has revealed himself to be very transparent, yet he thinks that no one can see right through him. He is only fooling himself. He is a piece of work, I tell you. It seems he thinks he has more knowledge than the cumulative total of all the other posters here.
Do you believe he actually thinks that the gospel given to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus was either Matthew, Mark, Luke or John when that idea is totally preposterous?
Well you can certainly see why my posts to him are limited. It is hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone who only sees things their way without even entertaining the thought that they could be wrong and someone else could be right.
Happy New Year to you and I hope this coming year will be a good one for you. We can only take each day as it comes, though. We're not certain of what tomorrow will bring, so I'm focusing on making each day the best it can be, no matter the circumstances, good or bad..
u no see that god writer is a mad person. him from long time call people nazi and pig and abuse woman jesus follower bunny and her child. then him claim he is a jesus follwer to iyai!

any person that say they follow jesus and no believe whole bible just fooling themselves. because if no believe whole bible then just pick and choose what they want to follow. that god writer doing same thing muslim buddhist do. I well familiar with buddhist religion. they just pick out nice cozy Jesus words they like then toss rest.

all u need to do is read that god person writing and he doublespeak and disagree with himself from one writing to next or even sometime in same writing oy! he just write to get the mumble jumble in his head out so he can read it to. and even after he write it, it still no make any sense to him [lol]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can say God or Jesus talks to them.
Paul is a confessed liar:
"For if the truth of God has more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?"
The begining of 1900 years of "It's OK to lie for God".
Please show a single verse where Paul quotes Jesus or a single thing from any Gospel.
Red ran away from this challenge. Maybe you have a little more courage.
I agree with some of what you have written as far it is an overused tactic imo for people to claim anyone who doesn't agree with them is misled by the devil. It is not meant for people following the same scripture but with different interpretations, it would be instead someone preaching say a gospel claiming salvation not through Christ or basically completely different than what is found in the bible

However did want to remind you on the verses here you need to look at it in full context. Paul is repeating a rationalization made by others and he emphatically states it is not ok. While Paul wrote the verse you quoted he was not expressing His opinion but rather repeating positions taking by others and then correcting them

(t) Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Good afternoon everyone, wishing a Blessed and prosperous new year IN the Lord for each and all. (C:

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I love your posts by the way, you have a very nice, clear way of explaining things.
Much like Dr. Shrink, wouldn't you say?

He just needs to throw in more toilet references.........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not to know the mind of God. We don't know why the Bible is a puzzle but trust that God knows what He is doing and that there is a purpose for it.
Peace <3
We may not know the total and complete mind of God but he left us clues........
He's definately a mysoginist, he's ruthless, cruel, Mean, easy to anger, confused, and couldn't possibly have gotten more then a D- in his human engineering class..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Spirit with God or in hell. spirit can't sleep. No where in bible it say spirit sleep.
I understand what u say with the comma; but that leave same question I ask shrink, so is only the thief jesus resurrect thousand yrs later? cause jesus very specific,[today] that one day. Jesus was never wishy washy with the thief. Jesus clearly tell the thief today.
what happening in revelation have to with body resurrection, not no spirit.
now let me ask you and shrink question. when Jesus died on cross, clearly him spirit never die cause bible say jesus was in other places while his body on cross.
so then if Jesus is the resurrection of believers, if Jesus spirit never die when he was on cross, what make u think your spirit or the thief spirit or any other person spirit will go sleep or die somewhere?
in numbers when high priest aaron died bible say aaron was gathered to his people when he died. so right away aaron was gathered to other people in paradise but he still died. what sense gathered to his people mean if he dead? that mean gathered to his people mean something else. it mean same time aaron died spirit went to God with rest of people in paradise.
and i still no get no answer for what Jesus say yet.
that why so much christian sad unhappy and living evil ways. they no know bible. that why some christian worldly people attract them from faith because they lack knowledge of bible.
I would assume the thief would be resurrected after the thousand years since he was not a martyr or someone that died for the faith.

But consider this, if our spirits go right to Heaven or hell, what need would there be for Christ to return for our dead bodies? Especially since we get new bodies before entering Heaven anyway? Plus it says in Peter and Matthew Jesus returns to judge the living and the dead.

1Peter4:17-19
For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Peter 4:5
But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead"

Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Even if one is spared judgement it would seem that takes place after Jesus returns in which case the spirits would have to wait until after judgement to go to Heaven and hell. But even just for the fact IMO there would be no reason to resurrect long dead bodies when we get new bodies before entering. I think like it is says in John..

John 5:29
and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

we get resurrected unto life or death after the return and that point receive new bodies and go to heaven or hell

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Wishing everyone A Very Happy New Year.2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like Dr. Shrink, wouldn't you say?
He just needs to throw in more toilet references.........
I am not sure why you returned just to start a fight when I went out of my way to talk to you civilly but I guess that is how you choose to act. So i will just address the confusing statement you made to get some clarification.

Juicylo said to me:

"I love your posts by the way, you have a very nice, clear way of explaining things."

To which you responded to her

"Much like Dr. Shrink, wouldn't you say?
He just needs to throw in more toilet references."

How does what you said make any sense? In what possible ways would the two writing styles be an apt comparison?

I am sorry to see you still have such a hard time moving forward Larry. I guess I underestimated (which with you I didn't think it was possible) just how much these internet grudges really mean to you. At least now I know not to waste further time

Enjoy your day or like JT would say, at least try to

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
and couldn't possibly have gotten more then a D- in his human engineering class..........
Wouldn't that apply to your god as well?

I know you are uncertain if your god even exists or if you just made him up in part due to Christian indoctrination but if the god you believe in is real you don't believe he created human life?

I guess that is the benefit of dropping out of a faith and creating your own one-man religion. You can claim you god may not even exist and doesn't intervene therefore can't be blamed for anything yet ironically still blame the Christian God for not intervening and for creating man poorly.

It definitely helps when you can make your own god like a child forming a Mr Potato Head. You just make him in your image and then claim ignorance or ambiguity on any difficult questions posed to you so you can claim the perceived moral high ground.

Although one would wonder if this god of yours that you found exists and has given you a guardian angel as you say why you still seem to find such little comfort in that and spend your days criticizing Christianity, which is what you claimed last time you were not here to do but were more curious why people believed as adults. I think it is clear that wasn't really a true statement. All you do is rip on Christianity while saying next to nothing about the god you sort of, kind of believe in..if he exists..which you aren't really sure how you feel about that.

That is some faith you got there

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

418 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Patrick 224,681
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min hazem selawi 38,487
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 5,281
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Oxbow 533,690
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,577
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 24 min Mat 201
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 26 min cretin56 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 43 min Aura Mytha 722,299
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr gianni cartooni 115,654
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 257,033
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••