“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#473602 Dec 31, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not to know the mind of God. We don't know why the Bible is a puzzle but trust that God knows what He is doing and that there is a purpose for it.
Peace <3
We may not know the total and complete mind of God but he left us clues........
He's definately a mysoginist, he's ruthless, cruel, Mean, easy to anger, confused, and couldn't possibly have gotten more then a D- in his human engineering class..........

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#473603 Dec 31, 2012
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Spirit with God or in hell. spirit can't sleep. No where in bible it say spirit sleep.
I understand what u say with the comma; but that leave same question I ask shrink, so is only the thief jesus resurrect thousand yrs later? cause jesus very specific,[today] that one day. Jesus was never wishy washy with the thief. Jesus clearly tell the thief today.
what happening in revelation have to with body resurrection, not no spirit.
now let me ask you and shrink question. when Jesus died on cross, clearly him spirit never die cause bible say jesus was in other places while his body on cross.
so then if Jesus is the resurrection of believers, if Jesus spirit never die when he was on cross, what make u think your spirit or the thief spirit or any other person spirit will go sleep or die somewhere?
in numbers when high priest aaron died bible say aaron was gathered to his people when he died. so right away aaron was gathered to other people in paradise but he still died. what sense gathered to his people mean if he dead? that mean gathered to his people mean something else. it mean same time aaron died spirit went to God with rest of people in paradise.
and i still no get no answer for what Jesus say yet.
that why so much christian sad unhappy and living evil ways. they no know bible. that why some christian worldly people attract them from faith because they lack knowledge of bible.
I would assume the thief would be resurrected after the thousand years since he was not a martyr or someone that died for the faith.

But consider this, if our spirits go right to Heaven or hell, what need would there be for Christ to return for our dead bodies? Especially since we get new bodies before entering Heaven anyway? Plus it says in Peter and Matthew Jesus returns to judge the living and the dead.

1Peter4:17-19
For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Peter 4:5
But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead"

Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Even if one is spared judgement it would seem that takes place after Jesus returns in which case the spirits would have to wait until after judgement to go to Heaven and hell. But even just for the fact IMO there would be no reason to resurrect long dead bodies when we get new bodies before entering. I think like it is says in John..

John 5:29
and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

we get resurrected unto life or death after the return and that point receive new bodies and go to heaven or hell

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#473604 Dec 31, 2012
Wishing everyone A Very Happy New Year.2013

Location hidden

#473605 Dec 31, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like Dr. Shrink, wouldn't you say?
He just needs to throw in more toilet references.........
I am not sure why you returned just to start a fight when I went out of my way to talk to you civilly but I guess that is how you choose to act. So i will just address the confusing statement you made to get some clarification.

Juicylo said to me:

"I love your posts by the way, you have a very nice, clear way of explaining things."

To which you responded to her

"Much like Dr. Shrink, wouldn't you say?
He just needs to throw in more toilet references."

How does what you said make any sense? In what possible ways would the two writing styles be an apt comparison?

I am sorry to see you still have such a hard time moving forward Larry. I guess I underestimated (which with you I didn't think it was possible) just how much these internet grudges really mean to you. At least now I know not to waste further time

Enjoy your day or like JT would say, at least try to

Location hidden

#473606 Dec 31, 2012
<quoted text>
and couldn't possibly have gotten more then a D- in his human engineering class..........
Wouldn't that apply to your god as well?

I know you are uncertain if your god even exists or if you just made him up in part due to Christian indoctrination but if the god you believe in is real you don't believe he created human life?

I guess that is the benefit of dropping out of a faith and creating your own one-man religion. You can claim you god may not even exist and doesn't intervene therefore can't be blamed for anything yet ironically still blame the Christian God for not intervening and for creating man poorly.

It definitely helps when you can make your own god like a child forming a Mr Potato Head. You just make him in your image and then claim ignorance or ambiguity on any difficult questions posed to you so you can claim the perceived moral high ground.

Although one would wonder if this god of yours that you found exists and has given you a guardian angel as you say why you still seem to find such little comfort in that and spend your days criticizing Christianity, which is what you claimed last time you were not here to do but were more curious why people believed as adults. I think it is clear that wasn't really a true statement. All you do is rip on Christianity while saying next to nothing about the god you sort of, kind of believe in..if he exists..which you aren't really sure how you feel about that.

That is some faith you got there

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#473607 Dec 31, 2012
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
dumb earthly butts,never are able to understand heavenly language(toungues)
he he heeee poor epi you are earthly like cat brain and his tail
I guess you told me.....I am a Dumb Earthly Butt

Happy New Year Dr Who?

Location hidden

#473612 Dec 31, 2012
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

I have seen it suggested there exists an uneven playing field in which God has made it easier for some to come to Christianity than for others despite the Bible and Christianity being known the world over

Yet if this situation creates an unfair situation then how do those leveling the criticism explain the actions of lack of from the god they believe in?

If they god they believe in exists, then how would others come to believe or know such a being? If this god known of at least one person has granted that person a guardian angel to help protect and guide them, which would make up for some of the inherent failings of human nature, then how do the rest of us get these guardian angels if indeed Christianity is false as they claim?

Did their god create human life? Does their god provide an after-life? Why doesn't he intervene to help? And if he doesn't intervene or interact then what advice do they have for the rest of us on how we would come to know this god if indeed he is real and God as known by Christianity doesn't exist?

Almost any criticism leveled at the Christian faith can be made to anyone who believes in a higher power. And if the Bible is unclear, how is it better that their god provided nothing? Was their god not even capable of providing an "unclear" Bible known the world over? Is he unable or unwilling to help mankind in any way? If he didn't create man and doesn't intervene or interact in any way then what is it that makes him god?

part 1 of 2

Location hidden

#473614 Dec 31, 2012
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

part 2 of 2

This is why many that criticize the faith will refuse to discuss their beliefs or how they came to them or will simply claim some form of passive agnostic belief mixed in with the possibility a god exists. It may help someone convince themselves they made they took the moral high ground when abandoning their faith in Christianity but until they are willing to stand behind or even explain their new beliefs in the god they believe in then at best it is simply hypocrisy, especially if the same things apply.

If someone can't tell you anything about their god or even commit to whether they believe he exists then IMO they really don't believe in anything. But because they have found no answers since leaving the faith they look for comfort in bashing the faith they left.

To each their own I suppose. But it comes as no surprise to me when people refuse to answer questions about their god. At least Christians are willing to put their beliefs out there, stand behind the Bible, and explain what they believe and why to the best of their ability. When someone outside the faith is willing to do the same, I am more than willing to listen

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#473615 Dec 31, 2012
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
good for them?

Time is in the twinkle of the eye.

Stars sparkle in the sky.

Ole man moon smiles thru out the night.

Life is a gift.Happy New Year 2013

#473616 Dec 31, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't that apply to your god as well?
I know you are uncertain if your god even exists or if you just made him up in part due to Christian indoctrination but if the god you believe in is real you don't believe he created human life?
I guess that is the benefit of dropping out of a faith and creating your own one-man religion. You can claim you god may not even exist and doesn't intervene therefore can't be blamed for anything yet ironically still blame the Christian God for not intervening and for creating man poorly.
It definitely helps when you can make your own god like a child forming a Mr Potato Head. You just make him in your image and then claim ignorance or ambiguity on any difficult questions posed to you so you can claim the perceived moral high ground.
Although one would wonder if this god of yours that you found exists and has given you a guardian angel as you say why you still seem to find such little comfort in that and spend your days criticizing Christianity, which is what you claimed last time you were not here to do but were more curious why people believed as adults. I think it is clear that wasn't really a true statement. All you do is rip on Christianity while saying next to nothing about the god you sort of, kind of believe in..if he exists..which you aren't really sure how you feel about that.
That is some faith you got there
All the stuff you cut out of this post I meant..........And you pick out this part where I'm obviously having fun..........

Maybe your God will send you a sense of humor......I know I'd sure hate to go through life w/o one..........

I take no moral high ground Skom I dont percieve myself any farther along or better then anyone else, and I've ALWAYS maintained that. I've ALWAYS stuck up for christians when the issues of ACTING LIKE A CHRISTIAN come up. A belief system cant make anyone perfect.

Why would I say much about something I know little of Skom? I speak only the truth as I see it. She answered to a post of mine and I answered back. I'm always gonna do that and I'm not gonna sugar coat it. If it bothers you dont read the posts. If you can deny your God is not any of those things your just fooling yourself..........

I opened myself up to all of you about what i believe. I didnt have to, but did. Fully knowing that whats happening now would happen not only with christians, but also with atheists. That shoe has yet to drop but im' sure it will..........

So as far as I'm concerned your analogy of me really doesnt work..........

#473617 Dec 31, 2012
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
bulshidt sleazy weak, coward, double faced and tracherous double face sweet like s..... honey mouth
COULDN'T POSSIBLE RUN AND CREATE UNIVERSES OR THIS EARTH FULL OF IMMORAL DUNG AND STUPID ONES
Supreme Power of all Universe Goverments have to be very tough,smart,and fulfil full TRUE DEFINITION DIVENE LOVE AGAPE,
you are earthly insect having no idea this power not in image of christianity and their stupid beliefs and self appointing forcing heavens without of Permit of UNIVERSES MONARCH
so,be quiet,pray lay your poor belly full of stinking hamburgers and beer on the floor,and BEG GOD MONARCH FOR MERCY NEXT LAST YEARS OF YOUR POOR LIFE
MAYBE HE WILL HAVE WISH TO LISTEN YOU GRASSHOOPER
SEE YOU ON THE OCEAN BEACH,Only I have to take huge telecsop magnify glass to find you on this beanch
huhhhhh and shesssssssss
JW are able to straight your poor brain
Beautifully thought out, composed and written, it only lacks a vulgar toilet reference, otherwise perfect..........

#473618 Dec 31, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure why you returned just to start a fight when I went out of my way to talk to you civilly but I guess that is how you choose to act. So i will just address the confusing statement you made to get some clarification.
Juicylo said to me:
"I love your posts by the way, you have a very nice, clear way of explaining things."
To which you responded to her
"Much like Dr. Shrink, wouldn't you say?
He just needs to throw in more toilet references."
How does what you said make any sense? In what possible ways would the two writing styles be an apt comparison?
I am sorry to see you still have such a hard time moving forward Larry. I guess I underestimated (which with you I didn't think it was possible) just how much these internet grudges really mean to you. At least now I know not to waste further time
Enjoy your day or like JT would say, at least try to
May double post:

Lighten up........

It was a joke..........

Location hidden

#473619 Dec 31, 2012
huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right mister Skombo
but don't forget behind curtain is holy tabernacle of God(heaven)
and only in ancient time could enter there levities,or now members of 144000 Rev 7;1-8
but before curtain(earth) worship God great crowd from all nations and tribes,and languages Rev 7;9
it is simple and clear, that entry to heaven is only reserved to those 14400 of saint and remnat left on this earth stil alive and belonging to this fold
and second fold dead peoplemembers of great crowd) doesn't go at once to heaven after death,only rest,sleep to the time of retrun of JESUS CHRIST IN SECOND ADVENT,they sleep waiting for resurection and glorify body live on this earth(as new heaven and new earth)
after removing satan influence infesting heaven and devil children residing on this earth making this earth dead dung in Universe?
understood mr skom
if not please read my awsome symantics foreign english 5 more times
God bless you mister and take more time,to deffend Bible more time everywhere and around
good night and happy new year,
don't only drink alcohol if you wish to be Gods child and little king son of your heavenly Father
Proverbs 31;4-5...discouarage Gods Saint to use any strong beverages
but Proverbs 31;6-8....
clearly shows us for whom God created strong drinks,alcohol,wines,and stinking muriatic accid beers
I will be candid here and admit I still have studying to do on the 144,000 and different tribes

I know it says in Isaiah...

Isaiah 49:6
He says, "It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also make You a light of the nations So that My salvation may reach to the end of the earth."

..so it would seem it extends outside the original tribes of the elect and was prophesied at one point Israel would essentially lead the way for the rest of the world to follow and that salvation could be had by anyone.

However is this more than the 144,000? Just exactly how few is few as in many are called and few are chosen or narrow is the gate that few will find?

Revelations normally seems to be more illustrative and not held to strict literal interpretation as much of it is visions through which man sees the truth. But my knowledge on the tribes is not such at this point that I can get too in-depth right now without future study. My first leaning is that the 144,000 was part of the original Elect but then again God promised to restore all of Israel

You raised some interesting questions

Happy New Year

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#473620 Dec 31, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just because of that. Look at even the verses before where it already states they wanted to kill Him and why. It is because he says they don't obey and if they were true children of Abraham they would do what Abraham did.
John 8
37I know you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you do what you have heard from your father.c”
39“Abraham is our father,” they answered.
“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus,“then you would do the things Abraham did. 40As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things."
But these verses define not only who isn't a diciple of Christ but who is. And this is what it says for who is..those that believe him and hold to his teachings...
31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said,“If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Hi Skom..What did Abraham do??? He BELIEVED God and he was counted as righteous..It wasn;t because He was obedient to any laws because Abraham lived some 400 years BRFORE they were given. Jesus was teaching them to LOVE and not be self righteous.

Location hidden

#473621 Dec 31, 2012
<quoted text>
All the stuff you cut out of this post I meant..........And you pick out this part where I'm obviously having fun..........
Maybe your God will send you a sense of humor......I know I'd sure hate to go through life w/o one..........
I take no moral high ground Skom I dont percieve myself any farther along or better then anyone else, and I've ALWAYS maintained that. I've ALWAYS stuck up for christians when the issues of ACTING LIKE A CHRISTIAN come up. A belief system cant make anyone perfect.
Why would I say much about something I know little of Skom? I speak only the truth as I see it. She answered to a post of mine and I answered back. I'm always gonna do that and I'm not gonna sugar coat it. If it bothers you dont read the posts. If you can deny your God is not any of those things your just fooling yourself..........
I opened myself up to all of you about what i believe. I didnt have to, but did. Fully knowing that whats happening now would happen not only with christians, but also with atheists. That shoe has yet to drop but im' sure it will..........
So as far as I'm concerned your analogy of me really doesnt work..........
I think you are confusing honesty with a sense of humor Larry. There is nothing in your post to indicate you are kidding when you say:

"We may not know the total and complete mind of God but he left us clues........
He's definately a mysoginist, he's ruthless, cruel, Mean, easy to anger, confused, and couldn't possibly have gotten more then a D- in his human engineering class........."

Just because you are irreverent in your disrespect of our beliefs doesn't mean you don't mean what you say. In fact you have repeated the same things over and over again. You certainly were not kidding when you said you want nothing to do with our Jesus and our God and I don't think you are kidding here.

Frankly I have found you to be particularly dishonest in your approach. You revise and change what you claim hoping to straddle the fence of mocking our faith while wanting to protect your fading image of one that is not a Christian-basher

And you want credit for sharing some very small bits of your belief system while coming here constantly to bash ours??

When you can stand behind your own beliefs, when you can defend your own beliefs, when your own beliefs can withstand the same scrutiny, and when you can be honest perhaps you will have more to offer as far as discourse? Right now you just come off as someone bitter who is mad at faith he thinks failed him when in reality you failed it. You are the only one to blame for your lack of faith or for the fact that you have found no answers since leaving

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#473622 Dec 31, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
part 2 of 2
This is why many that criticize the faith will refuse to discuss their beliefs or how they came to them or will simply claim some form of passive agnostic belief mixed in with the possibility a god exists. It may help someone convince themselves they made they took the moral high ground when abandoning their faith in Christianity but until they are willing to stand behind or even explain their new beliefs in the god they believe in then at best it is simply hypocrisy, especially if the same things apply.
If someone can't tell you anything about their god or even commit to whether they believe he exists then IMO they really don't believe in anything. But because they have found no answers since leaving the faith they look for comfort in bashing the faith they left.
To each their own I suppose. But it comes as no surprise to me when people refuse to answer questions about their god. At least Christians are willing to put their beliefs out there, stand behind the Bible, and explain what they believe and why to the best of their ability. When someone outside the faith is willing to do the same, I am more than willing to listen
(T) Peace
Great Post Skom..God Bless You

Location hidden

#473624 Dec 31, 2012
<quoted text>
May double post:
Lighten up........
It was a joke..........
Larry, Larry, Larry

Your pattern has become boring and predictable

You know you came across as an arse for showing up after I went out of my way to try to approach you for a civil exchange and show up just to insult me

You clearly said I am the same as Shrink in my approach except I just need more toilet references because you meant it as an insult

I have seen repeatedly over this last year how much you lie but man, can't you ever stand behind what you say without trying to play the politician?

Your post about me was meant as an insult. Your criticisms of our faith are real.

However you seem to labor under the misconception that what you say bothers me for lack of a sense of humor. It doesn't bother me Larry, it doesn't carry any weight with me at all no matter how long you follow me around Topix. And just because we have a different sense of humor doesn't mean I don't have one. For example, I think you are a joke and a pretty funny one:)

I will let you get back to talking out of both sides of your mouth. You probably had to learn that trick since your foot is normally wedged in the middle!

~snicker

See, a sense of humor:)

Location hidden

#473626 Dec 31, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom..What did Abraham do??? He BELIEVED God and he was counted as righteous..It wasn;t because He was obedient to any laws because Abraham lived some 400 years BRFORE they were given. Jesus was teaching them to LOVE and not be self righteous.
I don't see obedience as limited to Mosaic law. I think obedience is doing what God asks of us. What God asked of Abraham may have been different than Mosaic Law which may be different than the two greatest commandments. Obedience simply is obedience and doing what is asked of us by God

For us today, obedience would be following the two greatest commandments

But when he is speaking about Abraham he says:

John 8

40As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things.

45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

He has told them if they keep sinning they are slaves to sin and to be his disciples they must adhere to His teachings and then they will be set free and know the truth. He says basically Abraham would have believed Him and since they don't how can they be children of Abraham?

Abraham would have believed Jesus that He must adhere to His teachings and those that continue to sin are slaves to sin

That is how I read it anyway

(T) Peace

#473627 Dec 31, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are confusing honesty with a sense of humor Larry. There is nothing in your post to indicate you are kidding when you say:
"We may not know the total and complete mind of God but he left us clues........
He's definately a mysoginist, he's ruthless, cruel, Mean, easy to anger, confused, and couldn't possibly have gotten more then a D- in his human engineering class........."
Just because you are irreverent in your disrespect of our beliefs doesn't mean you don't mean what you say. In fact you have repeated the same things over and over again. You certainly were not kidding when you said you want nothing to do with our Jesus and our God and I don't think you are kidding here.
Frankly I have found you to be particularly dishonest in your approach. You revise and change what you claim hoping to straddle the fence of mocking our faith while wanting to protect your fading image of one that is not a Christian-basher
And you want credit for sharing some very small bits of your belief system while coming here constantly to bash ours??
When you can stand behind your own beliefs, when you can defend your own beliefs, when your own beliefs can withstand the same scrutiny, and when you can be honest perhaps you will have more to offer as far as discourse? Right now you just come off as someone bitter who is mad at faith he thinks failed him when in reality you failed it. You are the only one to blame for your lack of faith or for the fact that you have found no answers since leaving
Got a D- in human engineering..........

I'm serious?

Do you really think I believe, or anyone else for that matter, believes God had to go to school?

Your an idiot........No other way to put it.......

I'll try to remember you have no sense of humor and are to sensetive for your own good.......

Thats why you argue with everyone, because you CANT be wrong..........Everybody sees it. Many will deny it. But everybody sees it..........

You say I wont share anything about my beliefs to protect myself Yet I opened up about them and you questioned me on them immediately.......... I answered your questions and now you mock me for that.......... So idid exactly what your saying I wont do..........numbskull......... .

I could've not said anything, and thought about it. But the truth is I dont care what posters think. I'm secure with what i believe and dont give much of a hoot what anyone else thinks..........

Of course you have to believe I failed the faith. Your belief system doesnt work any other way. thats ok whatever you need to cling to to hold on to yours, wont bother me any..........Do what you gotta do.

#473628 Dec 31, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

Your post about me was meant as an insult. Your criticisms of our faith are real.
However you seem to labor under the misconception that what you say bothers me for lack of a sense of humor. It doesn't bother me )
Take it however you want to. your an oversensitive a$$ as far as i'm concerned

And it obviously does bother you..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min ganesh 1,429
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min It aint necessari... 837,352
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Clearwater 176,831
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min kent 589,481
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 44 min lucky 86
sex (May '13) 2 hr vijay 156
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr lil whispers 2,390
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 271,278
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,160
More from around the web