Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

You mentioned differences in people's upbringing or chemistry when talking about free-will yet those are the things that help prove we have free-will. If everybody thought the same and experienced the same things and were socialized the same way then people being cookie-cutters of one another would slightly diminish free-will. It is the very fact that we are all unique and can make choices based on that uniqueness that makes free will all the more important. Otherwise what would be the point in instilling morals and values in someone if it doesn't help them to choose to do the right thing? Man at the end of the day has choice. But sure we want to provide him with all the possible tools available that hopefully he will make the best choice he can.
I mentioned our chemistry in response to Juicy saying that she had hardships yet came to christianity. It was like her response was: if I can anyone can. I disagree with that.

My response was in order to point out that maybe she was born with a stronger will. The example was abuse. Juicy came through it and has now chosen to explore and accept christianity. What about the child who goes through those same experiences but doesnt have the will to go on, purely because of their makeup, their ancestory, their genes and commits suicide? The childs will did not allow them the same opportunity as Juicy IMO..........She wasnt as strong, couldnt find the hope...... Should that condemn her to go from one hell to the next?

I believe there are people that could exchange lives with me and say, man what are you complaining about this life was a breeze, The next may find it more difficult then I.

How many muslims convert to christianity? My guess is the number is pretty low.........Think their opportunity to go to heaven is as good as yours?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably Christianity and an NDE..........
I will fully admit it may stem from the indoctrination of christianity. I have no concrete evidence of life after death, just my own spiritual experiences that may be a product of my imagination or of my wanting there to be something else
Thank you for the candid responses. i had some followups but they no longer apply as they had to do with imo it being easy to be aware of the existnce of God but since you cant rule out your belief is not in part due to what you were taught as a Christian that would probably be your answer I am assuming which is you cant say you confidently believe the god you feel exists is real. Obviously I was going to get into if even on one's own they can seek God and find Him then the requirement is not a harsh one.But I dont believe man suffers for eternity in hell , i think his soul dies but those that believe are rewarded. Thx again

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

I'm not redoing that, sorry, must have screwed up the quotes..........
I was able to still read it and see your replies

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I saw someone gave my last post to you an 'incendiary' although I dont know why since I am asking sincerely if we have never been REQUIRED to obey. I know you agree those that love Him should but we see even believers still disobey by sinning. But let me give you an example of why I think this is important. We are told in both Testaments that we are to have no other gods before God. If obedience is not a requirement, then do you feel someone can trust in Christ for salvation yet also worship other gods? Their faith is Christ would remain the same except they would not be obeying the commandment about having other gods. Just like sin is disobeying love thy neighbor and God but u say in that case a person remain righteous regardless of how much they disobey. So can someone worship other gods or idols even and still be saved in your opinion so long as they still believe on Christ?
Hi Skom..I dont pay any attention to those silly icons. Your post to me was a very good one. This subject is very easy to understand but very hard to explain with words sometimes. I will start with this..

We are not righteous because of OUR obedience. that doesnt mean we can just go out and sin willfully without being chastized by our Father. We all correct our children when they mis-behave but our love for them remains and we dont kick them out of the family. We correct them out of love..
Just like God does for us.. We dont expect our children to obey us every second of the day..We want them too but they learn from their mistakes.

lets look at this verse...What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

If we continue to be slaves of sin by being perfectly obedient to the Law, then we become slaves to sin..We are to be obedient to the Law of FAITH..As you can see, nobody seems to WANT to believe that, so they are NOT being obedient to faith..they are being obedient to the law, which is NOT what leads us to righteousness. That comes from Christ ONLY

I honestly believe that most people look at the rules instead of the rewards..negatives instead of positives.. The Gospel is called The GOOD NEWS..Which is Good News? We are righteous through jesus christ or obey ALL those rules to become righteous? I have personally found that when I understood who I was In Crist, the rules were easier to obey because I didnt focus on my failures, I focused on Jesus..I WANT to obey now..There is a big difference Skom.

But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

We are righteous when we are IN Christ..You are a believer, so therefore YOU are declared righteous by God, BECAUSE of Jesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Praise The Lord. On that good note I think I'll take it. Smile. Welp, I have to head on out for a little bit to take care of some things but Lordwilling I can post later. Have a good one... everyone also have a good day.
Quin
Ok..Have a great afternoon. I have another essay to write for my Human Service Class. I have Good News though..I received a certificate in the mail yesterday..I made The DEANS LIST..Praise God!! I made a grade point average of 3.40 to 3.95 last semester. God Loves us and every part of our life is important to Him too. If it concerns us ( His Beloved Children) It concerns Him also.:) God is so good to us.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

BTW I happened to use 2 plus 2 equals 4 myself to show how easily even that can be distorted if someone wants to. And while to those who know the Bible pretty well feel the distortions are as obvious as saying 2 plus 2 isn't 4, if someone doesn't know the Bible that well it is easier to twist things for them
And my point was it should not have holes in it. Take Leviticus for one example atheist and agnostics will tear it to shreds..........Did it even need to be included? Does it have to be there to get to: Christ died for your sins, have faith?

People have masters degrees in biblical study and cant agree on things. Really God? Does it have to be that complex? Couldn't you leave out the contradictions or for arguements sake, what seem to be contradictions?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

LARRY said.
How many muslims convert to christianity? My guess is the number is pretty low..........skom replies...sorry am on my phone and it deleted more of your response than I was trying including the quotes so will have to reply like this. I think I understand where the disconnect it. I agree with you not everybody has equal opportunity.There is no denying geography or even faith of the parents make it more likely. However that imo has nothing to do with free will. Someone still could choose to follow Christ but admittedly it is less likely they will choose to do so. This is a tough question. Although it is partly why I think religion should be a stepping stone to a personal relationship with God. I actually do think it is possible someone can get to know God even if starting off under the wrong direction. But they would have to shed any trappings of man-made religion. I think someone doesnt haveta be a Christian to be saved but they have to feel the pull of God and seek him out and He will answer.cont

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Edit Larry...admitttedly this may not be a widely held mainstream belief but even according to the Bible I feel it should be. The Bible says even those who dont know the Bible have no excuse not to believe as God's works are evident all around us. So imo someone anywhere in the world has the ability to believe God exists and to seek him out. Yes other circumstances may make it harder for someone not to be misled imo but God will answer when we seek Him outg, even if we dont know what name to call him by. IMO anyway (T) PEACE

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

And i am asking the questions in this post sincerely. Hopefully this next part will help prove it as I though that denomination tool your gave Juicy was a helpful tool. I half-expected it to give some unrelated insult when the person finished the questionnaire but I actually found it to be quite useful
I have no problems with someone who is exploring christianity, who is comfortable with christianity or who wants to leave christianity. Juicy's path is her own and I wish her the best of luck.........

I just cant see how that choice could be made by an adult who was not conditioned to it, so it surprises me at times and i ask questions and make statements. I enjoy the discussion and different peoples perspectives is why I stick around, it isnt to influence anyone..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I mentioned our chemistry in response to Juicy saying that she had hardships yet came to christianity. It was like her response was: if I can anyone can. I disagree with that.
My response was in order to point out that maybe she was born with a stronger will. The example was abuse. Juicy came through it and has now chosen to explore and accept christianity. What about the child who goes through those same experiences but doesnt have the will to go on, purely because of their makeup, their ancestory, their genes and commits suicide? The childs will did not allow them the same opportunity as Juicy IMO..........She wasnt as strong, couldnt find the hope...... Should that condemn her to go from one hell to the next?
I believe there are people that could exchange lives with me and say, man what are you complaining about this life was a breeze, The next may find it more difficult then I.
How many muslims convert to christianity? My guess is the number is pretty low.........Think their opportunity to go to heaven is as good as yours?
Hi Rider,
Your post above is just another reason that I believe it is what Jesus done for us and not based on US. When Jesus was on this earth, He never condemned anyone EXCEPT the religious leaders who walked around thinking they were righteous beause of their knowledge, good works and because they didnt "sin" like everyone else and their obedience to a set of rules that God knew they could never live up to. Jesus came to save sinners, outcast and even the pharisees and religious leaders in His days. He came to Save those which is lost. God will do what is neccasary to save a lost soul, even if it is on their death bed or a few seconds before their death. God has His ways. We just cant and wont understand how. Jesus died ONCE for all..We ALL have the same Jesus and the same opportunity to go to heaven. God doesnt want anyone to perish, according to scripture..He loves us all. The battle for our souls is not between us and God..Its between God and satan. they both want our souls. Jesus won the victory for US. Hope this helps. Nice talking to you. God Bless

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
you are free from take it if she is religious or not religious
Not from what she said. This is a friendly reminder for you to take your medication.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
And my point was it should not have holes in it. Take Leviticus for one example atheist and agnostics will tear it to shreds..........Did it even need to be included? Does it have to be there to get to: Christ died for your sins, have faith?
People have masters degrees in biblical study and cant agree on things. Really God? Does it have to be that complex? Couldn't you leave out the contradictions or for arguements sake, what seem to be contradictions?
I understand why you are questioning the "contradictions"..I use to do that too. I no longer see it as contradictions because it is 2 different covenants i.e...contracts, promises, will and testaments..Old Testament and then the New testament. The Old testament was a "contract" between God and Man...v/s the New Testament which was a contract between God and Jesus Christ on OUR behalf. It shed some light on those differences..Have a good day Rider

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Edit Grace...gotta reply here for space. thanks for the reply. But I would suggest your read John 8 again. It is not saying those that obey the law are slaves to sin. It says those who continue to sin are slaves to sin. And those that are really diciples of Christ will adhere to His teachings and His teachings were not to sin any longer and to obey the the greatest commandments. Just because we are no longer under Mosaic Law doesnt make it a sin to obey the law. We simply are not beholden to the old law any longer and can now fulfill it by continuing our one ongoing debt which is to love. But back to the original question if you dont mind. Can someone trust in Christ and be saved if they also worship other gods? By OSAS i dont see any reason why not if no amount of disobedience affects our righteousness so long as we believe in Christ but I want to know what you think

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

The differnces in the Old and New Covenants (testaments) This should help..

http://www.gci.org/law/oldandnew

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
you stupid"moral law maker"
What would Jesus do on St. Patrick's Day?

Get Hammered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Edit Grace...the reason I brought up you saying the law was for the Jews and grace for Gentiles is because that was how you explained the teachings of Christ applying to the Jews and not the Gentiles. But now if even the law was never expected to be followed and was only meant to bring about faith and expose sin then when did the teachings of Christ ever apply and to whom? When Christ said if you dont forgive others your father in Heaven wont forgive you and obey the commandments for eternal life...who was that to if now even the Jews werent required to comply? Hope u see why Im asking

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have no problems with someone who is exploring christianity, who is comfortable with christianity or who wants to leave christianity. Juicy's path is her own and I wish her the best of luck.........
I just cant see how that choice could be made by an adult who was not conditioned to it, so it surprises me at times and i ask questions and make statements. I enjoy the discussion and different peoples perspectives is why I stick around, it isnt to influence anyone..........
Fair enough. I wasnt implying i thought ur goal was to hinder but I was surprised you provided something helpful for a Christian seeker. I also dont question why u ask what u do, you have every right to pursue your own curiosity. Although I am glad that is the motivation over some other choices. About to shovel some snow but will respond to the post about the OT and whether there are contradictions when i get in
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
if you understand my fluent broken name,
for sure still your brain cells are 1/8% in right order
I don't try to have another names
I do have many names like the Tree of Wisdom have many branches but one root
instead waiting,just take brake ,sniff little bit white detergent crack, let allow foma flow from your nose,and wash during free time your old sock
Bo Pik
do you believe that Honolulu is going to be Capitol where Jesus and Saints are going to have Universal Globa Universe Goverment,and Gold Throne designed by Hare Krishna Followers?
White eagle named Huk wek fue fue neighbor of stinking foot?
ask you question and is waiting for basic answer
try to have good time,and try to enjoy each second of life without of buzz and white dust washdetergent(called on the streets cocaine crack)
What really scares me is I think I understood this...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
The differnces in the Old and New Covenants (testaments) This should help..
http://www.gci.org/law/oldandnew
One more quick thing as far as the covenants. Not only Romans says we fulfill the law in this new age by continuing our ongoing debt of loving one another but check out earlier in John 8. Jesus tells the Jews they have to believe in Him and that He is who they say for them not to die in their sins. They were ok with that. The Bible even says it was the Jews that believed Him who continued to ask the questions about being slaves. And Jesus says for them to be his diciples they must take hold of his teachings and any who continued to sin were slaves to sin. Then they wanted to stone him. Not because he said they must believe He is who he says but because he said their continued sinning made them slaves to sin and meant they were not living as Abraham instructed. Essentially they wanted to stone Him for saying continuing to sin and made them slaves to sin instead of free

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace...the reason I brought up you saying the law was for the Jews and grace for Gentiles is because that was how you explained the teachings of Christ applying to the Jews and not the Gentiles. But now if even the law was never expected to be followed and was only meant to bring about faith and expose sin then when did the teachings of Christ ever apply and to whom? When Christ said if you dont forgive others your father in Heaven wont forgive you and obey the commandments for eternal life...who was that to if now even the Jews werent required to comply? Hope u see why Im asking
Hi..Sorry, I went to make a pot of Chili..Its snowing and sleeting up here. COLD!! LOL. The Laws were for the Jews. Grace is for Both Jews and Gentiles. We gentiles have a simialr law written on our hearts. A conscience of right and wrong maybe? I dont know but lets look this up together. Maybe I am missing something or maybe you overlooked something. Lets start with looking up gentiles and the law of moses and see what we get..OK?

PS..Havent you ever noticed how Jesus added the extent of the law even higher than it already was? Like this one..Matthew 5:27. You have heard that it was said to those of old,'You shall not commit adultery.'

28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Jesus seem to be telling us something here. Adultry is a terrible sin but we can overcome that temptation but how does someone keep evil thoughts from popping in our minds? Yet, Jesus is saying that is just as bad as the actual bodily act.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

532 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Truth 532,662
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,698
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min Naveen kumar 4,645
Last Word + 2 9 min andet1987 59
Anyone Up for Skype Sex? 14 min wooddee 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min An NFL Fan 115,038
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Charlie Sheen 256,461
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 172,348
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••