“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#473171 Dec 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

And i am asking the questions in this post sincerely. Hopefully this next part will help prove it as I though that denomination tool your gave Juicy was a helpful tool. I half-expected it to give some unrelated insult when the person finished the questionnaire but I actually found it to be quite useful
I have no problems with someone who is exploring christianity, who is comfortable with christianity or who wants to leave christianity. Juicy's path is her own and I wish her the best of luck.........

I just cant see how that choice could be made by an adult who was not conditioned to it, so it surprises me at times and i ask questions and make statements. I enjoy the discussion and different peoples perspectives is why I stick around, it isnt to influence anyone..........

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#473172 Dec 29, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I mentioned our chemistry in response to Juicy saying that she had hardships yet came to christianity. It was like her response was: if I can anyone can. I disagree with that.
My response was in order to point out that maybe she was born with a stronger will. The example was abuse. Juicy came through it and has now chosen to explore and accept christianity. What about the child who goes through those same experiences but doesnt have the will to go on, purely because of their makeup, their ancestory, their genes and commits suicide? The childs will did not allow them the same opportunity as Juicy IMO..........She wasnt as strong, couldnt find the hope...... Should that condemn her to go from one hell to the next?
I believe there are people that could exchange lives with me and say, man what are you complaining about this life was a breeze, The next may find it more difficult then I.
How many muslims convert to christianity? My guess is the number is pretty low.........Think their opportunity to go to heaven is as good as yours?
Hi Rider,
Your post above is just another reason that I believe it is what Jesus done for us and not based on US. When Jesus was on this earth, He never condemned anyone EXCEPT the religious leaders who walked around thinking they were righteous beause of their knowledge, good works and because they didnt "sin" like everyone else and their obedience to a set of rules that God knew they could never live up to. Jesus came to save sinners, outcast and even the pharisees and religious leaders in His days. He came to Save those which is lost. God will do what is neccasary to save a lost soul, even if it is on their death bed or a few seconds before their death. God has His ways. We just cant and wont understand how. Jesus died ONCE for all..We ALL have the same Jesus and the same opportunity to go to heaven. God doesnt want anyone to perish, according to scripture..He loves us all. The battle for our souls is not between us and God..Its between God and satan. they both want our souls. Jesus won the victory for US. Hope this helps. Nice talking to you. God Bless

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#473173 Dec 29, 2012
huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
you are free from take it if she is religious or not religious
Not from what she said. This is a friendly reminder for you to take your medication.

Location hidden

#473175 Dec 29, 2012
<quoted text>
And my point was it should not have holes in it. Take Leviticus for one example atheist and agnostics will tear it to shreds..........Did it even need to be included? Does it have to be there to get to: Christ died for your sins, have faith?
People have masters degrees in biblical study and cant agree on things. Really God? Does it have to be that complex? Couldn't you leave out the contradictions or for arguements sake, what seem to be contradictions?
I understand why you are questioning the "contradictions"..I use to do that too. I no longer see it as contradictions because it is 2 different covenants i.e...contracts, promises, will and testaments..Old Testament and then the New testament. The Old testament was a "contract" between God and Man...v/s the New Testament which was a contract between God and Jesus Christ on OUR behalf. It shed some light on those differences..Have a good day Rider

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#473176 Dec 29, 2012
Edit Grace...gotta reply here for space. thanks for the reply. But I would suggest your read John 8 again. It is not saying those that obey the law are slaves to sin. It says those who continue to sin are slaves to sin. And those that are really diciples of Christ will adhere to His teachings and His teachings were not to sin any longer and to obey the the greatest commandments. Just because we are no longer under Mosaic Law doesnt make it a sin to obey the law. We simply are not beholden to the old law any longer and can now fulfill it by continuing our one ongoing debt which is to love. But back to the original question if you dont mind. Can someone trust in Christ and be saved if they also worship other gods? By OSAS i dont see any reason why not if no amount of disobedience affects our righteousness so long as we believe in Christ but I want to know what you think

Location hidden

#473177 Dec 29, 2012
The differnces in the Old and New Covenants (testaments) This should help..

http://www.gci.org/law/oldandnew

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#473178 Dec 29, 2012
huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
you stupid"moral law maker"
What would Jesus do on St. Patrick's Day?

Get Hammered.

Location hidden

#473179 Dec 29, 2012
Edit Grace...the reason I brought up you saying the law was for the Jews and grace for Gentiles is because that was how you explained the teachings of Christ applying to the Jews and not the Gentiles. But now if even the law was never expected to be followed and was only meant to bring about faith and expose sin then when did the teachings of Christ ever apply and to whom? When Christ said if you dont forgive others your father in Heaven wont forgive you and obey the commandments for eternal life...who was that to if now even the Jews werent required to comply? Hope u see why Im asking

Location hidden

#473181 Dec 29, 2012
<quoted text>
I have no problems with someone who is exploring christianity, who is comfortable with christianity or who wants to leave christianity. Juicy's path is her own and I wish her the best of luck.........
I just cant see how that choice could be made by an adult who was not conditioned to it, so it surprises me at times and i ask questions and make statements. I enjoy the discussion and different peoples perspectives is why I stick around, it isnt to influence anyone..........
Fair enough. I wasnt implying i thought ur goal was to hinder but I was surprised you provided something helpful for a Christian seeker. I also dont question why u ask what u do, you have every right to pursue your own curiosity. Although I am glad that is the motivation over some other choices. About to shovel some snow but will respond to the post about the OT and whether there are contradictions when i get in
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#473182 Dec 29, 2012
huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
if you understand my fluent broken name,
for sure still your brain cells are 1/8% in right order
I don't try to have another names
I do have many names like the Tree of Wisdom have many branches but one root
instead waiting,just take brake ,sniff little bit white detergent crack, let allow foma flow from your nose,and wash during free time your old sock
Bo Pik
do you believe that Honolulu is going to be Capitol where Jesus and Saints are going to have Universal Globa Universe Goverment,and Gold Throne designed by Hare Krishna Followers?
White eagle named Huk wek fue fue neighbor of stinking foot?
ask you question and is waiting for basic answer
try to have good time,and try to enjoy each second of life without of buzz and white dust washdetergent(called on the streets cocaine crack)
What really scares me is I think I understood this...

Location hidden

#473183 Dec 29, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
The differnces in the Old and New Covenants (testaments) This should help..
http://www.gci.org/law/oldandnew
One more quick thing as far as the covenants. Not only Romans says we fulfill the law in this new age by continuing our ongoing debt of loving one another but check out earlier in John 8. Jesus tells the Jews they have to believe in Him and that He is who they say for them not to die in their sins. They were ok with that. The Bible even says it was the Jews that believed Him who continued to ask the questions about being slaves. And Jesus says for them to be his diciples they must take hold of his teachings and any who continued to sin were slaves to sin. Then they wanted to stone him. Not because he said they must believe He is who he says but because he said their continued sinning made them slaves to sin and meant they were not living as Abraham instructed. Essentially they wanted to stone Him for saying continuing to sin and made them slaves to sin instead of free

Location hidden

#473184 Dec 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace...the reason I brought up you saying the law was for the Jews and grace for Gentiles is because that was how you explained the teachings of Christ applying to the Jews and not the Gentiles. But now if even the law was never expected to be followed and was only meant to bring about faith and expose sin then when did the teachings of Christ ever apply and to whom? When Christ said if you dont forgive others your father in Heaven wont forgive you and obey the commandments for eternal life...who was that to if now even the Jews werent required to comply? Hope u see why Im asking
Hi..Sorry, I went to make a pot of Chili..Its snowing and sleeting up here. COLD!! LOL. The Laws were for the Jews. Grace is for Both Jews and Gentiles. We gentiles have a simialr law written on our hearts. A conscience of right and wrong maybe? I dont know but lets look this up together. Maybe I am missing something or maybe you overlooked something. Lets start with looking up gentiles and the law of moses and see what we get..OK?

PS..Havent you ever noticed how Jesus added the extent of the law even higher than it already was? Like this one..Matthew 5:27. You have heard that it was said to those of old,'You shall not commit adultery.'

28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Jesus seem to be telling us something here. Adultry is a terrible sin but we can overcome that temptation but how does someone keep evil thoughts from popping in our minds? Yet, Jesus is saying that is just as bad as the actual bodily act.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#473185 Dec 29, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to give you my normal response, which is nothing, but I've decided to humor you, instead.
Considering that you've, once again, missed my point, I'll explain it to you.
Your post is classic Seentheotherside/Seen Is Awesome. From our first meeting, I could always depend on you to spew out this same type of post. You're a champion when it comes to telling people how they've missed the mark, are missing the mark, and how they'll always miss the mark. This, I can depend on, without doubt or question. But, what I can never depend on is your explanation as to how I've been missing the mark, how I'm still missing the mark, and how I will always miss the mark. Nor can I depend on you directing me toward the mark, or even near it. In this, you're not even a contender.
Your posts, in my humble opinion, are useless without any point of direction.
And you are a blatant liar.

Maybe if you could overcome your brainwashing and really READ my posts, it's all been explained in most every post of mine to you. It's sooo not my problem if you lack the ability to see it. Others do quite easily.

Location hidden

#473186 Dec 29, 2012
edit Grace...responding here for space. So I am correct in surmising you agree now at least for the Jews they were expected to obey the law prior to the Sacrifice? I dont agree the teachings of Christ only applied before the sacrifice obviously but what you posted today seemed to say something different and suggested one was not required to obey Mosaic Law and it existed just as a means to bring someone to faith and expose sin. But back to present time then. If one should obey out of love but clearly doesnt always as believers continue to sin and you say regardless it doesnt affect their righteousness, then what commandments they didnt obey wouldnt matter as obedience is not required so long as one has faith right? So do you feel someone can trust in Christ for salvation and still worship idols or other gods and be saved? if not, why not? Because if you say it says we arent supposed to worship any but Christ well it also says we must follow the commandments for eternal life..if obedience matters

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#473189 Dec 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is kind of an interesting was of thinking because if that is how things worked, wouldn't we be better off not witnessing to people since those that never heard of Yeshua couldn't reject him and therefore would be better off than taking the chance they would ignore the truth once hearing it? Yet the Bible says man has no excuse not to believe. I think it is the duty of a Christian to learn as much about their faith as possible. I really wouldn't have had an excuse to remain ignorant of something as important as the origins of the name of Christ. It may be one of the reasons I was led to this site out of the blue.
Personally I think we are always better knowing the truth that staying in our ignorance and are ignorance is not a valid excuse in most cases. Sure if someone lived out in the wilderness or some remote area and never heard of the Bible but felt the draw and sought out God then I am sure they wouldn't need to know his actual name, it would still be a relationship formed upon the seeking. But for most people the information is readily available
Like i said, while I don't agree it is something God would punish a sincere heart for simply because they have become accustomed to knowing Him by that name. But for me now that I have kind of been forced to think about it I may indeed end up making the switch simply because I can't think of any good reason not to and can think of several good reasons to do it
(T) Peace
Still trying to make up baseless guesses about God I see.

What's the matter, is your "magic spirit" thingy broken?

Location hidden

#473190 Dec 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace...gotta reply here for space. thanks for the reply. But I would suggest your read John 8 again. It is not saying those that obey the law are slaves to sin. It says those who continue to sin are slaves to sin. And those that are really diciples of Christ will adhere to His teachings and His teachings were not to sin any longer and to obey the the greatest commandments. Just because we are no longer under Mosaic Law doesnt make it a sin to obey the law. We simply are not beholden to the old law any longer and can now fulfill it by continuing our one ongoing debt which is to love. But back to the original question if you dont mind. Can someone trust in Christ and be saved if they also worship other gods? By OSAS i dont see any reason why not if no amount of disobedience affects our righteousness so long as we believe in Christ but I want to know what you think
Ok I read John 8..I found this just added to the verse below..here are both verses we can compare..

John 8..34 Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a SLAVE to sin. 35 Now a SLAVE has no permanent place in the family, but a SON belongs to it FOREVER. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed...

since we all sin, especially unintentionally. however, a sin is a sin, the above verse will and does apply to ALL men and women :) <<had to add that part :)

AFTER THE CROSS..Wherefore thou art no more a SLAVE, but a SON; and if a SON, then an heir of God "through" Christ

Location hidden

#473192 Dec 29, 2012
Edit Grace 2...I agree Jesus in several instances expaned on old law such as the desire to commit adultary is a sin or like when he said you were taught love your brother but hate your enemy but he tells us even sinners love those who love us back and we are called upon to love our enemy. Notice again also that Jesus considers those that still sin as those who dont follow him and calls on his followers to go above and beyond what they were taught. But all of the teachings of Christ fall under the 2 greatest commandments as does fulfillment of the law. He was not here to abolish the law but to fulfill it and that is the path he sets us on when he freed us of the curse of law and replaced it with the two greatest commandments. although I might not be following correctly what you are asking me as far as what Jesus taught about adultary. Can u be more specific as to the relevance of Jesus adding to that teaching in your opinion?.(T) PEACE

Location hidden

#473194 Dec 29, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>One more quick thing as far as the covenants. Not only Romans says we fulfill the law in this new age by continuing our ongoing debt of loving one another but check out earlier in John 8. Jesus tells the Jews they have to believe in Him and that He is who they say for them not to die in their sins. They were ok with that. The Bible even says it was the Jews that believed Him who continued to ask the questions about being slaves. And Jesus says for them to be his diciples they must take hold of his teachings and any who continued to sin were slaves to sin. Then they wanted to stone him. Not because he said they must believe He is who he says but because he said their continued sinning made them slaves to sin and meant they were not living as Abraham instructed. Essentially they wanted to stone Him for saying continuing to sin and made them slaves to sin instead of free
They wanted to stone jesus after He said..Before Abraham was..I AM..

John 8..Jesus replied,“If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; And he saw it and was glad.” A long time before Jesus was born..Abraham saw who Jesus was, WHY Jesus came and what He WAS going to do..Abraham had FAITH in this..That is WHY he was counted "righteous", though he done nothing else to earn this..

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him,“and you have seen Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered,“before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 "At this, they picked up stones to stone him," but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

Location hidden

#473195 Dec 29, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I read John 8..I found this just added to the verse below..here are both verses we can compare..
John 8..34 Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a SLAVE to sin. 35 Now a SLAVE has no permanent place in the family, but a SON belongs to it FOREVER. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed...
since we all sin, especially unintentionally. however, a sin is a sin, the above verse will and does apply to ALL men and women :) <<had to add that part :)
AFTER THE CROSS..Wherefore thou art no more a SLAVE, but a SON; and if a SON, then an heir of God "through" Christ
Can you define "unintentional sin" as I am not sure what you mean by that

But John 8 doesn't say anything about after the Cross. It shows how one can be free and that is by adhering to the teachings of Christ for those that believe in Him in which case they are set free by the truth

It is important to read John 8 in order as things develop in a very interesting pattern

John 8

23But he continued,“You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be],a you will indeed die in your sins.”

Jesus said one must believe in Him and that he is who he says otherwise they will die in their sins. Obviously some of the crowd did not believe Him. But some did. The Jews that accepted they need to believe in Him continued with their questions and Jesus responded..

31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said,“If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

33They answered him,“We are Abraham’s descendantsb and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

34Jesus replied,“I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

So even for those that believe in Him he says to be his disciples one must adhere to his teachings and those that continue to sin are not free but are slaves to sin

So everything about John 8 shows obedience is need with faith. The only question would be is does this still apply today?

I would ask you one question that I think gets to the heart of the matter. Why would Jesus send the Holy Spirit after Him to remind us of the things He taught if those teachings never applied to us and do no longer apply today?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#473196 Dec 29, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yes...
<quoted text>I tell you what, I like how the Jews just kept their own calendar going in spite of the many cultural changes and calendar modifications. What do you think of the term Queen Shabbot or Sabbath Queen observed by many Jews?
If one views Shabbat HaMalka as the allegorical welcoming of the Sabbath day (Hello Wonderful day!) I understand it.

If one takes it literaly as a "Queen" or consort of God, then I think it borders on Paganism (which I also understand) UNLESS one recognizes that the "consort" is merely an aspect of YHWY.

Hope that makes sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 568,308
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 795,725
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Rick in Kansas 267,483
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 34 min gazzipants 13
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 54 min John 57
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min waaasssuuup 442,018
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr HipGnosis 592
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr Esther12 120,742
More from around the web