Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#472564 Dec 26, 2012
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and I see you put a lot of passion into what you're saying here. Usually the first person who resorts to the name calling is either caught flat-footed (unawares for lack of a better word) or simply brought upon themselves a conversation and answers they find difficulty handling.
<quoted text>
Nice point. Sometimes it is better to respectfully disagree and move on rather than be snide and cynical just kick over a hornet's nest.
<quoted text>
I suppose I wouldn't say I am nearly as tolerant as you are. Hence, I am not "cool" with whatever people believe/practice or how they choose to hatchet an interpretation to suit said beliefs. However, I can choose to turn a blind eye to certain things providing I am not dragged into it/them.
<quoted text>
I agree for the most part, but I'm not sure how basic my respect would be when it comes on to sorcery, witchcraft, paganism, other occult practices/rituals and accepting certain things just so we can make believe a peace. We should regonize that there is sin in this world, and while some people sin ignorantly or do so and repent, others cling to sin and many make excuses for them. We have all fallen short of the mark one way or another, and because I know my own shortcomings, I won't be hypocritical when it concerns others. I think the more honest, pure and sacred we can keep our beliefs and institutions such as marriage, business and friendship(s), the better off we would be. Allowing any and everything for the sake of not hurting someone's feelings may eventually degrade the very things we hold dear and true.
Shalom & Love;
Andrew (CS).
Well patience certainly isn't a strong suit of mine, tolerance on the other seems to be.

Honestly it is a combination of several factors ranging first in my belief faith is between man and God and so long as what people are doing are legal they have a right to believe whatever they want. Second I honestly don't care that much. I have enough of my own stuff to deal with other than worrying about what people believe outside of my faith that I barely know or whose practice of that belief doesn't affect me. And the third reason, particularly within the faith, I understand there are things we may all have wrong and know God says only He can judge the heart and we are not in a position to judge who is a "true Christian" or not, even if there were such a thing

I do understand why people would feel different if they felt other religions or practices posed a temptation or a threat to what they see as a moral path. But even getting involved with the morality of others when legal is a gray area for me. At the same time the law is often wrong and has been in the past. I suppose I would say whatever someone believes so long as it remains private is their business. I think even as Christians if we are going to get out in public and use it as political currency and on the political pulpit than we open ourselves up to scrutiny. But if someone worships between themselves and God then nobody should be able to interfere.

That last paragraph probably just said what I already stated for the most part but was kind of thinking out loud. I guess I would say for the most part I think we should worry about our own journey but there are situations that call for action as the old saying goes, all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing. So while leaning one way I think there are case-by-case exceptions.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#472567 Dec 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Game, Set, Match.
That is a freaky, I almost wrote that myself on one particular answer but opted not to. I won't complain if someone else says it though! LOL
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why modern Christianity is called Paulinism by academics.
I constnatly go back to "What did Jesus say ?".
That question leads me away from "Christianity" and (IMHO) to Jesus.
I am not always sure what or who Chrisitians "believe". I really don't care if I believe in Paul, John, Christianity or the Bible. I want to understand what Jesus taught and did. Relgion seems to get in the way of that far too much.
Just my heretical thoughts.
You know honestly the constant harping on Paul was starting to bother me at times. It felt like beating a dead horse and IMO the teachings harmonize. But I feel like i owe you an apology now. The truth is that there is the idea that the message of Christ before the sacrifice was not for us and had it not been for Paul or another messenger then Gentiles would never have trusted in Christ for salvation, known the sacrifice of sins was for us too, and even with Paul it is his teachings that are felt applicable today over those of Christ's.

I have gone over it in a lot of detail and I'd be lying if I said I can't see the basis for the argument. I simply strongly disagree with it. Christ made it clear salvation was not limited to law or to the Jews in cases such as the Roman Centurion and even went on to say there would be some in the house (believers-Jews) thrown out in the cold as others (gentiles0 with more faith were saved. We see the Holy Spirit is sent in part to remind us of the teachings of Christ because they do apply. And last but far from least I simply have connected with the words of Christ and feel in my heart they are meant for me.

So while i don't agree with you so far certain authors being dishonest I will say I think you are fighting a very important spiritual battle when pointing out the times when Christ's teachings are considered less relevant than those of Paul or anyone else when it comes to living life and having eternal life.

I truly thought at first it was just rhetoric to attack the faith. I see now what you have been saying and I agree there is a big risk of that happening. IMO anyway. At least a big enough risk that dictates we remain vigilant as the teachings of Christ must always be the foundation IMHO.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#472570 Dec 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds of the man who confessed to his sins to a friend.
His friend recommended that he make ammends to the person he harmed.
The man apologized to the person he harmed and that person said to him "You are always were a sorry SOB." and pushed him away.
The man related this to his friend and his friend said "You need to learn the difference between the words "apologize" and "ammend".
Peace!
I agree. One of the things driven home to us as well was we are not making amends to get forgiveness. While it is always nice when that happens we are making amends because what we did was wrong and until we can admit what we have done to those we have injured and apology and make an effort to improve or rectify the situation if possible then we can not successfully move on.

I have seen people use the reaction of others to justify no longer making amends, as if people owed them forgiveness. I have also seen people make amends as if reading off a cue card, just whipping through a couple things they jotted down, and caring little to none for the reaction or feelings of the person they are making ammends to. Almost like they think as long as they get in front of someone and mouth the words they can quickly check then off the list and move on to the next person.

That is not sincere amends. Sincere amends is to be truly sorry, to be truly sorry regardless if forgiven because that doesn't change the fact that what we did was wrong, and to make good on a situation if possible. But whether this or spiritual or whatever it seems like many people want the short-cut. Well technically i did this so I am good. I think when God sees our hearts nobody that has gone thru the motions without truly meaning it are going to receive the mercy of God. I could be wrong but it would seem sincerity before everything else would matter most or it is all basically just a lie. And while i have said this often, it is why Pascal's Wager doesn't work

JMO anyway

(T) Peace

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#472571 Dec 26, 2012
unga bunga malunga wrote:
<quoted text>
your speculation and lies what Grace and law is,
is only your halucinations,self proud,high nise, and clown dreaming to cheat God and sneak somehow to the heaven and spreaading your own earthly crap
see you
if I wish to see you again
playing smart a... is not fruits of God Spirit Gal 5;22-24
also big bongo
repent before God humble yorselves and be noram servant of God,not gambler with Gods Word
Thanks, I appreciate it.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#472572 Dec 26, 2012
<quoted text>
your permits and agree with others views, doesn't put you above them,or above Gods Word,
spiritual authority someone can only receive from Gods Spirit directly,
YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM
your sorries,your proud in each post, your emphasizing how smart you are, how big knowledgable bongo you are,your self appointed sainthood makes you horible hipovrite and worshiper your own fables and imaginary doctriens
Thanks God,that He allow me to post such INFALABLE TRUTHS ABOUT INSANE SPIRITUAL GUYS LIKE YOU
Thanks for rewarding me kindness. Much appreciated.

CS.

Location hidden

#472574 Dec 26, 2012
huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with you mister
great assembly found out,that you are Bible defender,and post only your own beliefs based on Bible,sometimes imperfect,
BUT AT END GOOD
KEEP GOOD JOB AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013
good bye
With a new year approaching I think it is important to try to put into action what we preach even more than usual, Not because some arbitrary day on a calendar says so but because I do believe there are times when we need to sit back and take inventory of how we are living and look to improve

We probably still have many of the differences we have had before. But in good conscience to snub someone wishing me a Happy New Year just to hang onto a grudge born in flesh would seem wrong. Things may not change as far as perspectives as we move forward but for today anyway let me say sincerely Happy New Year to you and yours

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#472578 Dec 26, 2012
<quoted text>
first of all,if I read scripture or not,
THERE IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS
PSALM 116;11.AND ROMANS 3;4
encourage people like me to point errors and LIES OF ALL CHURCHOIDAL SELFAPOINTED SAINTS.
Next of all,during your imginary holidays drinking buzz and posting to others nonsense is not only deadly sin,but also stupidity,
Lies to others,
posting doubts if I don't read scripture,are abominable Lies from you person who ate christmas holiday belly diner drink buzz and post under influence of devil spirits before seating inside of bottle and now seat inside your belly,and brain
insulting most humble people who are not leaders nor playing smart a.....like you and all those self appointed"saints"
also next time,when you post?please be clan according to 2 Cor 7;1
and sobe,not acohol,no beer not sniffing detergent and foaming from your mouth
have good day sweety liil genius and most self mind thinking that you are big madam lady immaacualate conceived in the bush
bye bye bye
with cool wind from deep south
I done been there and taken a good look at you.

Location hidden

#472579 Dec 26, 2012
<quoted text>
mama lill
let me humbly correct you,and remind you my rights
thre is not your business to intefere my rights,and command me what right I do have or not(you need to spiritualy grow to be silent and listen according to 1 Cor 14;33-35
also you are not invitedd to my toliet room to know if I am looking at my own image
what right do I have,this is my free choice and not yours demands
just only before posting to me try to keep 2 Cor 7;1 in proper spiritual order,step down from pagan abominable holidays,and never drink any alcohol before posting to someone
comprende mama lill?
bye bye and try to be sober till 12/31 Silvester night of alcoholics
I know what you follow too.

Location hidden

#472583 Dec 26, 2012
<quoted text>
what look?
do you know how I look?
how I look, post me?
or maybe you got eagle cyber halucinative eyes to know how I look?
or maybe you are still under influence of heavy fluids from yeasterday?
for me you are mama lill,and I don't know how you look,
but know that you celebrate pagan days.lie to King of Kings that He is eternal infant(shut up) and worship Him not as KING OF KINGS,
only as infant whom herod wanted kill Him,and today devil 2000 years making lugh from JESUS CHRIST,that He is not King only dirty infant with cow manure and covered by cow hey
I also know that you drink buzz and many time behave completly in reverse-like old drank mama from the tribe of uka puka chunk gu?
so?
mama take sweet day,be sober, smile to yourselves,and be happy all year long
ok mama lill nosochi from indian tribe of
UKA PULA CHUNK GU SHEIK
Mist

Location hidden

#472584 Dec 26, 2012
<quoted text>
What follow your beloved
UNGA BUNGA MALUNGA?
Let anounce his following around this western hemisphere from bermudas till toronto?
nope

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#472585 Dec 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well patience certainly isn't a strong suit of mine, tolerance on the other seems to be.
Honestly it is a combination of several factors ranging first in my belief faith is between man and God and so long as what people are doing are legal they have a right to believe whatever they want. Second I honestly don't care that much. I have enough of my own stuff to deal with other than worrying about what people believe outside of my faith that I barely know or whose practice of that belief doesn't affect me. And the third reason, particularly within the faith, I understand there are things we may all have wrong and know God says only He can judge the heart and we are not in a position to judge who is a "true Christian" or not, even if there were such a thing
I respect your opinion Steve and you have earned that respect. Now based on what you said above, do you mean "legal" by standards of secular/governmental laws or legal by The LAW? What or Whose Law are you using as the standard bearer? Indeed, I agree 100% that people have free will, but we also recognize that the choices people make may or may not just affect themselves.
Skombolis wrote:
I do understand why people would feel different if they felt other religions or practices posed a temptation or a threat to what they see as a moral path. But even getting involved with the morality of others when legal is a gray area for me. At the same time the law is often wrong and has been in the past. I suppose I would say whatever someone believes so long as it remains private is their business. I think even as Christians if we are going to get out in public and use it as political currency and on the political pulpit than we open ourselves up to scrutiny. But if someone worships between themselves and God then nobody should be able to interfere.
Well, you make a pretty decent point here, I take nothing away from that. The only thing I could probably say is motive, cause and effect. Many people in 1939/40 argued that Americans should not have gone to Europe to help stop or slow the Nazi juggernaut. They even argued, and understandably so that we should not have gone to war with Hitler and just focus on Japan because Hitler wasn't our main concern, it didn't really affect us. My question to them would have been; "How long will it take us to see that Hitler has Alexander and Napoleon type ambitions on a much more technological lethal scale with the hatred level amped up?" "Would we wait until he dropped 250,000 fallshirmjagers over the US east coast?" There are many things that directly and indirectly affects us, we are just too preoccupied with self to take notice.
Skombolis wrote:
That last paragraph probably just said what I already stated for the most part but was kind of thinking out loud. I guess I would say for the most part I think we should worry about our own journey but there are situations that call for action as the old saying goes, all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing. So while leaning one way I think there are case-by-case exceptions.
(T) Peace
Agreed. We as individuals have a lot of fixing, growing and learning within ourselves to accomplish. The only thing with that is that we're social/communal beings so we depend a lot on each other too. What a man decides to do with his own company may cost me my job.

This is great. Thanks.

Andrew (CS).

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#472586 Dec 26, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent question, sir, regarding Luke.
Might I add that of all the "gospel" writers, that Luke was the only author that wasnt' a first-hand witness? So, doesn't this give us more reason to disregard his testimony as anything for anyone, Jew or Gentile?
Excellent point. "Luke" admits in his first verses that he is simply retlling stories he heard.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#472587 Dec 26, 2012
<quoted text>
You are that incredible blind idiot,
that you even doesn't have guts to be shut up,with your brain adjustments(are you wind up toy to be ajusted brain for 1 hour by your pope)
your smiles are sick nonsense because you try to tell others how genius you are, and that you know better than anyone,and already you are in heaven knowing everything more from God Alone and Bible.
just return to the normal senses,and never overestimate yourselves
never put down more smart ones,and force your proud stupid sorries,stupid smiles,adjustment of your brain informations,
never forget you are never are and was ready to give 100% proper explanation of SOUND DOCTRINES OF GOD
Because you are not God, nor any appointed teacher to preach others GODS TRUE DOCTRINES
Psalm 116;11
and romans 3;4
GOD FORBID;YEA LET GOD BE TRUE,BUT EVERY MAN A LIAR;
for sure God didn't exclude you and like you demented Liars and faken smiling clowns
see you next time "big bongo"and self appointed"saint"
Huh????

Once again, Thank you. I appreciate your very kind and very Christian hospitality.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#472588 Dec 26, 2012
<quoted text>
liying is not continuation of Gods Love
It is continuation of your own made love definition,
I see all your posts soaked with pride, self glories, plying big bongo smart one know more from anyone,
and smily judge seating on the topic and smily deny others beliefs
never underestimate readers who are able to defeat demented lairs,and not properly adjusted their directed by false teachings brains
So glad you are thinking so long and hard about me. I suppose that means I'm important to you. If I wasn't important to you then I suppose you would not have so many opinions of me.

Thank you for your kind support and for being such a fan.

Shalom!

CS.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#472589 Dec 26, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
Lets look at all the definitions for "REPENT"
Bible Dictionary: Definition of Repentance
The English word, repent, means to turn around and proceed in the opposite direction. Repent is not an entirely accurate translation from the Greek. To repent is literally to have a new mind. God’s intent is that you change your mind or, literally, have a new mind. Repentance is having a new mind.
In the Greek..&#956;&#949; &#964;&#945;&#957; &#959;&#953;&#945; metanoia met-an’-oy-ah
Meta..change
noia..mind....a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done
The Old Testament was written in Hebrew not Greek and Jesus spoke Aramaic and Hebrew.

The Greek term is as insufficient as the English.

Ask a Rabbi what “shuwb” and “nacham” mean.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#472590 Dec 26, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally do not understand the reasoning behind believing in Jesus for salvation yet not following any of his teachings on why someone will be saved....
(T) Peace
Like someone saving your life and then you burn down their house.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#472591 Dec 26, 2012
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/janet-jackson-billio... Gold diggers never stop. Guess before too long Janet Jackson will be wearing a burqua,reciting the Koran,and riding camels.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#472592 Dec 26, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
....You sound a lot like G_O_D now..
I have noticed that many people who studied the Bible, Hebrew, Judaism, Early Christianity and 1st Cent. history instead of repeating what their "personal preachers" taught them; do indeed sound as heretical as I to those who "believe in their church's doctrines" instead of searching for the truth of Jesus.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#472593 Dec 26, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
.... There are men on here who believe exactly as I do but yet you only seem to attack me..You hate women or something?....
Bullshite!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#472594 Dec 26, 2012
I'll bet if he delivered packages for UPS for twenty five dollars an hour she would have looked a him like he was a a shoppingcart collector for a grocery store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Clearwater 110,954
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 36 min Retribution 303
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 58 min Tony 6,234
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 675,944
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 4 hr Wtf 1
News Trump invites Philippines Duterteto Washington,... 6 hr discocrisco 1
News AP Explains: Can chronic meth use lead to psych... 6 hr discocrisco 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr AussieBobby 286,315
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Devil number 666 982,120
More from around the web