Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471539 Dec 19, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps you're the one that doesn't get it and is wrong?
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps it's you that don't understand Paul and what he wrote?...
God knows that you never thought you were wrong.

Hypocrite

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471540 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
To be obedient to God is to believe in Jesus..Thats the obedience of Faith that we live today.Sorry that I didnt reply sooner. I was in the hospital all day yesterday and didnt get home until tonight..
Yes i saw u were in the hospital, although it didnt cause a delay as I just wrote these.I am sorry to hear that. Hope things are better now? And yes one must believe in Christ. That is true faith. However believing (faithfullness) is not the equivalent of obedience. Jesus doesnt say in Luke just believe and you will live. He in fact shows them by example of the good samritan exactly what it means to love thy neighbor. It was an example of caring for a wounded stranger. Then he responded to theman saying love God and love your neighbor "do this and you will live" How do you equate the good samritan with saying obedience is just believing in Christ? The good samritan is just like Matthew 25;38-46 btw and those are works done by believers. Faith without works is dead

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#471541 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace..responding here for space. Sorry but honestly that didnt make any sense to me. I dont see anything confusing at all about the two greatest commandments and that we are told specifcally in Matthew and Luke we must obey them to have eternal life. What differences does it make if other parts are covered in your opinion? Can you love your neighbor, brother, and enemy by committing murder? Can you love God by committing adultary? Tell me what you think isnt covered by 'just' those two which literally encompass everything Jesus taught us under one umbrella. What do you find ambiguous about Jesus saying to someon e who said they are to love God and their neighbor "do this and you will live" or in Matthew saying if you want to enter eternal life obey the commmandments?
I see where your confusion is coming from..Matthew and Luke was still teaching the Old Covenant Law to the Jews. Jesus has not yet died. So YES, they had to obey the commandments in order to have eternal life..You didnt watch that video that I sent to you..:) The "Gospel of Jesus Christ actually began in the Book of Acts..When the Holy Spirit came. The Gospel simply means "Good News"...IMHO...If we had to obey all the commandments perfectly in order to get to heaven..Thst is NOT Good News..None of us would make it..Jesus is THE GOOD NEWS..What He did for us was the GOOD NEWS.:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471542 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno..personally I find Isaiah to be pretty clear in both predicting the coming of a savior and what he would do as the suffering servant....
I read Isaiah relating events that occured 700 BC, nothing more. One could just as easily use the legends of Hercules to be a "prophecy of Jesus".

However, the Messiah that the Hebrews "infered" from Isaiah 500 years before Jesus was born is nothing like "Christ".

The Jews concede that there is no Messiah directly mentioned in the entire Tanakh. It is as much an "inference" as Christ...and just as flimsy as Christ.

IMHO the Jews and Christians have it a bit wrong AND a bit right. Maybe someday when they stop trying to prove each other wrong they will work to gether and realize what it realy means.
Until that day, your interpretation is as good as mine or anyoneelse's. I am not placing any trust in anyone's intepretation, not even my own. My trust is in God and that I can accept whatever God reveals to me, if anything.

As a human I can not say what God's truth is. I could only say that if I were God and I am not God.

Hope that made sense and that it wasn't taken as an insult.

Location hidden

#471543 Dec 19, 2012
Edit Grace ..responding here for space. Of course the only way is thru Christ. And it says God will judge each man impartially by his works and essentially ones shows they have been redeemed by their love for one another. Again, this comes down to faith AND obedience. Love God, love your neighbor. I saw you missed my post about we need to forgive others for the father to forgive us. If God has not revealed the truth to me about this verse than again I am asking you to explain to me when this verse applied if it doesnt now? I am sorry if i am persistent but i feel if someone repeatedly claims they have had the truth revealed to them and others have not that in good conscience they cant just skip verses that seem at odds with their beliefs. If this verse is a stumbling block for God's true message then you should no doubt have the answer. When did ppl need to forgive others for the father to forgive them? Dont forget Luke 8:13 too. Thank you

Location hidden

#471544 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes i saw u were in the hospital, although it didnt cause a delay as I just wrote these.I am sorry to hear that. Hope things are better now? And yes one must believe in Christ. That is true faith. However believing (faithfullness) is not the equivalent of obedience. Jesus doesnt say in Luke just believe and you will live. He in fact shows them by example of the good samritan exactly what it means to love thy neighbor. It was an example of caring for a wounded stranger. Then he responded to theman saying love God and love your neighbor "do this and you will live" How do you equate the good samritan with saying obedience is just believing in Christ? The good samritan is just like Matthew 25;38-46 btw and those are works done by believers. Faith without works is dead
Its more than simply believing IN Him..You have to BELIEVE HIM and what He done for US. Thats the obedience that God is looking for..Obedience of the heart..not works..However, Good works will follow..

Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

Location hidden

#471545 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where your confusion is coming from..Matthew and Luke was still teaching the Old Covenant Law to the Jews. Jesus has not yet died. So YES, they had to obey the commandments in order to have eternal life..You didnt watch that video that I sent to you..:) News"...IMHO...If we had to obey all the commandments perfectly in order to get to heaven..Thst is NOT Good News..None of us would make it..Jesus is THE GOOD NEWS..What He did for us was the GOOD NEWS.:)
So you dont agree with Galatians and Hebrews that says salvation is the same for the Jew and the Gentile? And Luke has nothing to do with Jew or Gentile but is about how can someone receive the word with joy and believe and fall away during times of temptation if a believer cant fall away. And just so we are clear, you are saying Jews did not need Jesus to die for their sins or to be saved by grace? The jews simply had to obey the commandments but the Gentiles do not?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471546 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>...I certainly dont see anything in scripture that would portray satan as honest and not sure what you feel God hasnt been in regards to....
I do not believe the Bible is perfect and that it is only a way to "see God through a glass darkly".

I am refering to the Satan of Christianity. It is not in the Bible and has more power than even God.
I do not believe in Satan as a deity (or whatever word you want to place on a powerful invisible super powerful being)
I only believe in one God. No angels, no devils, no demons, no monsters, etc. There is God and there are mortal earthly beings in Genesis, nothing about creating any immortal or ethereal beings.

Location hidden

#471547 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Grace ..responding here for space. Of course the only way is thru Christ. And it says God will judge each man impartially by his works and essentially ones shows they have been redeemed by their love for one another. Again, this comes down to faith AND obedience. Love God, love your neighbor. I saw you missed my post about we need to forgive others for the father to forgive us. If God has not revealed the truth to me about this verse than again I am asking you to explain to me when this verse applied if it doesnt now? I am sorry if i am persistent but i feel if someone repeatedly claims they have had the truth revealed to them and others have not that in good conscience they cant just skip verses that seem at odds with their beliefs. If this verse is a stumbling block for God's true message then you should no doubt have the answer. When did ppl need to forgive others for the father to forgive them? Dont forget Luke 8:13 too. Thank you
Since I already showed you the Works we do for God, i will try to answer the forgiveness part..The Old Covenant tells us to forgive or we wont be forgiven but look what the New Testament says...Forgive BECAUSE You're Forgiven..it doesnt say "OR ELSE" or "We WONT be forgiven if we dont forgive..even though, if we love as we are commanded..we will forgive BECAUSE we were
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471548 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The Diference between OT Grace and NT GRACE???? 2 words..Holy Spirit...
It was there from the begining:

"and the Holy Spirit moved upon the face of the waters" Genesis 1:2

Location hidden

#471549 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So you dont agree with Galatians and Hebrews that says salvation is the same for the Jew and the Gentile? And Luke has nothing to do with Jew or Gentile but is about how can someone receive the word with joy and believe and fall away during times of temptation if a believer cant fall away. And just so we are clear, you are saying Jews did not need Jesus to die for their sins or to be saved by grace? The jews simply had to obey the commandments but the Gentiles do not?
SIMPLY???? There is No way that would be simple. There are 613 of them that they had to obey.If they break one then they broke them all. The Jews CHOSE to be under the Law but Grace was for them too after the cross, however, most of them still choose to reject Jesus and His sacrifice, therefore its those who are still under the law. The Gentiles never had the Law. We had similar laws in our heart.(conscience). The Jews wanted the Gentiles to be under the law of moses too but Paul rebuked Peter and told them that we gentiles were not under the Law but under Grace.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471550 Dec 19, 2012
Why do you take Peter's word over Jesus'?

BTW, Peter was not written by Peter according to Biblical Scholars. The only texts int he entire Bible that are written by unkown authors are seven of Paul's letters.
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to me..There is no other way to interpretate it..The apostle Peter wrote,“...
Concerning which salvation [through grace], the prophets who have prophesied of THE GRACE which should COME TO YOU,(have diligently searched out) and intently inquired, searching into what way, and what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them was indicating, and testifying beforehand of the" sufferings of Christ",
and those glories which would follow; to WHOM it was revealed, that not for themselves, but to us,
they were ministering these things, which now have been announced to you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit, sent from heaven, into which things the angels are desiring to look”(I Pet. 1:10-12).

Location hidden

#471551 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I already showed you the Works we do for God, i will try to answer the forgiveness part..The Old Covenant tells us to forgive or we wont be forgiven but look what the New Testament says...Forgive BECAUSE You're Forgiven..it doesnt say "OR ELSE" or "We WONT be forgiven if we dont forgive..even though, if we love as we are commanded..we will forgive BECAUSE w
Actually u did not show what works are. You took one verse that shows one of the things we must do is believe in God. Of course. But if we went just by that verse we wouldnt need to repent would we? Thats why we look at all scripture. Jesus showed obedience is loving thy neighbor and God and that the good samaritan is an example of loving thy neighbor if one wants to live. Just like Matthew 25:38-45. And Matthew is the NT where it says forgive others for the father to forgive u. but again u believe the Jews didnt need Christ to die for their sins that they could just forgive others to be forgiven?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471552 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Jesus was a JEW..Born under Jewish Law.....
Another of Paul's errors.

Jesus was a Galillian and was born to a Galillean woman which made him fall under Samaritan Law and under Roman rule.

Sorry the reality of the 1st cent. Levantine provinces of the Roman Empire are not subject to Paul's mistakes... and he made lots of them.

Location hidden

#471553 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I already showed you the Works we do for God, i will try to answer the forgiveness part..The Old Covenant tells us to forgive or we wont be forgiven but look what the New Testament says...Forgive BECAUSE You're Forgiven..it doesnt say "OR ELSE" or "We WONT be forgiven if we dont forgive..even though, if we love as we are commanded..we will forgive BECAUSE we were
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Matthew 6:15 "but if you refuse to forgive others your father will not forgive your sins" ....so actually that is exactly what it says. so who again did this apply to and did they need Christ to die for their sins or did they just have to follow the commandments to be saved?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471554 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
.... "No, we haven't even heard that there is a Holy Spirit." Acts 19:4.....
There is no Jew in the world who never heard of the Holy Spirit. It is in the second verse of Genesis.

Acts is a collection of tales told and even says so (Luke 1 and Acts 1) It is not an eyewitness account as is full of impossibilities.

Location hidden

#471555 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So you dont agree with Galatians and Hebrews that says salvation is the same for the Jew and the Gentile? And Luke has nothing to do with Jew or Gentile but is about how can someone receive the word with joy and believe and fall away during times of temptation if a believer cant fall away. And just so we are clear, you are saying Jews did not need Jesus to die for their sins or to be saved by grace? The jews simply had to obey the commandments but the Gentiles do not?
A lot of people receive the joy after hearing it but never actually received the Spirit. I guess they didnt believe with their heart..just their minds..I dont know all the answers Skom, I just understand the Gospel of Grace. Its All about Jesus and NONE about us. Jesus paid the penalty that we owed God for our sins. Maybe we should look up the bibical definitions of Redeemed..justified...righteou s and sanctified...Thats what we are.. Have a great night Skom. I need to lie down. But first let me say this..I am NOT trying to prove anybody wrong on here..I want them to receive the Joy and Victorious Life that Jesus died to give us. Here is a verse for you to meditate on..If we had to describe HOW Jesus is right now in heaven...how would we describe him??? Holy, righteous, sitting by the right hand of God, sanctified, ect..ect..

1 John 4:17 plainly tells us...Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment:((( BECAUSE AS HE IS IN HEAVEN,)))(((SO are we in this world.))) We dont see it but od does.<<<Good News

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471556 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
SIMPLY???? There is No way that would be simple. There are 613 of them that they had to obey....
613 given to the Hebrews. The Gentiles had been given Laws ever since Noah. Research the Seven Noahide Laws. The Aposles agred to the Noahide Laws for Gentiles at the Jerusalem conference in 50 AD.

Noahide Laws:

Idolatry is forbidden. Man is commanded to believe in the One G-d alone and worship only Him.

Incestuous and adulterous relations are forbidden. Human beings are not sexual objects, nor is pleasure the ultimate goal of life.

Murder is forbidden. The life of a human being, formed in G-d's image, is sacred.

Cursing the name of G-d is forbidden. Besides honoring and respecting G-d, we learn from this precept that our speech must be sanctified, as that is the distinctive sign which separated man from the animals.

Theft is forbidden. The world is not ours to do with as we please.

Eating the flesh of a living animal is forbidden. This teaches us to be sensitive to cruelty to animals.(This was commanded to Noah for the first time along with the permission of eating meat. The rest were already given to Adam in the Garden of Eden.)

Mankind is commanded to establish courts of justice and a just social order to enforce the first six laws and enact any other useful laws or customs.

Location hidden

#471557 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
SIMPLY???? There is No way that would be simple. There are 613 of them that they had to obey.If they break one then they broke them all. The Jews CHOSE to be under the Law but Grace was for them too after the cross, however, most of them still choose to reject Jesus and His sacrifice, therefore its those who are still under the law. The Gentiles never had the Law. We had similar laws in our heart.(conscience). The Jews wanted the Gentiles to be under the law of moses too but Paul rebuked Peter and told them that we gentiles were not under the Law but under Grace.
So just so we are clear u believe Jesus spent his life on Earth teaching the Jews things that would no longer apply after he died on the cross and never would apply to the gentiles, that the jews had the option of law or grace and that salvation is not the same for both? not only this is way diff than your original explanation that Jesus didnt really expect us to follow the greatest commandments

Location hidden

#471558 Dec 19, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It was there from the begining:
"and the Holy Spirit moved upon the face of the waters" Genesis 1:2
Yes but He didnt indwell inside the believer until after the death and ressurrection of Jesus. Good night. i am going to bed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min ImPeach 26,996
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,891
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Aura Mytha 985,719
solar eclipse a sign of the growing foolishness... 29 min Corvus 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,453
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 2 hr My Comment 5
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 2 hr Television Engineer 5
More from around the web