Why Should Jesus Love Me?
JesusLove

Oakland, CA

#471496 Dec 19, 2012
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Love to you ((((((Brother Chris))))))))
Yes brother..

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TBOS5L0...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#471497 Dec 19, 2012
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(((((Scott))))))! Hello brother (c:
Okay here~ I hope that all is well with you.
(((((DEB)))))
Blessed my friend and doing well as God is working my problems out for me, always good to see you, and hope you'll be hanging around for sometime.(C:

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#471498 Dec 19, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps you're the one that doesn't get it and is wrong?
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps it's you that don't understand Paul and what he wrote?
You've come in here like a bull in a china shop boasting of over 30 years of biblical study and knowledge acting like because of your self claimed and self boasting knowledge anyone that doesn't agree with you shouldn't dare challenge you.
And when someone tells you the don't agree with what you're saying and shows you why with scripture you immediately respond by boasting of the 30 years of superior knowledge you claim to have completely dismissing what the other person has to say. Than when people stop responding to you you protest and wonder why.
Are you to blind to see that?
Perhaps you should try doing more listening and less preaching. Because even though you may think you've got all the answers and the truth you don't. Nobody does. We're all learning and growing.
And if you can't see that and embrace that you will never grow and you will run way more people off than you'll ever reach.
Just go back and read the many posts in a row you made to Roberta because of 1 comment she made. Talk about overkill!!! Can't you see that you're preaching at her and not to her. Is it any wonder why people stop responding to you and simply tune you out?
Word of the day - IRONY.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#471499 Dec 19, 2012
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Word of the day - IRONY.
No doubt about it......

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#471500 Dec 19, 2012
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Word of the day - IRONY.
Learning development of a 2-3 year old.

Child will be able to say up to 50 words and make small sentences.
Child will be able to name up to five different body parts.
Child can tell you his or her name, as well as be able to identify some colors when asked.
Child loves to engage in pretend and make believe play.
Child will be able to hold “fat” crayons and scribble on paper.
Child will start potty training.

http://www.mamashealth.com/child/twoyears.asp
_______

Now tell us all how at the age of 2 God revealed to you how the universe works and gave you all this spiritual knowledge you claim to have that nobody else does or has seen?
_______

***I always enjoy hearing Seen tell that whopper.***

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#471502 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
*~*~*~*~*~
Today's Prayer
Oh Lord, how precious are the seasoned saints. I thank You for faithful Christians who are such loving and sweet examples of Your growing children who have been tried and tested time and time again and who have experienced Your hand of blessing, only to pass along that faith heritage and their testimonies to others. May You bless them so much and continue to give them grace and peace every day of their lives. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
*~*~*~*~*
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#471503 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas Scott.....God Bless
Praise the Lord Epi, God Bless you always

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471504 Dec 19, 2012
Upon thee lift I up mine eyes O thou that dwellest in heavens.

Behold as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters and as the eyes of a maiden unto hand of her mistress;so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God,until that he have mercy upon us.

Have mercy upon us,O Lord have mercy upon us:for we are exceeding filled with comtempt.

Our souls is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease and with the comtempt of the proud.
Psalms 123

A song of confidence in God.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471505 Dec 19, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
In the pregame meeting with the team captains, I always emphasize that safety and sportsmanship are paramount.
Thats cool..it is good to remind them to help keep things in perspective. A lot of kids come into games with the wrong mindset cause they have lunatic parents. I have seen parents fight in the stands, get ejected from the field, call plays from the stands usurping the coach's authority, and just generally destroy people's self esteem or put such an emphasis on winning at all costs that the kid doesnt even enjoy playing. I am pretty competitive by nature (big suurprise right? lol) and cared about winning but there is competitive and phychotic parents trying to live vicariously thru their kids as young as 10-12. I could see like at the college level and if there were scouts there and something happened worth protesting that someone would get pissed since it could be someone's future on the line. But 99% of the time its just some kids playing a game.(T) PEACE
Doctor REALITY

United States

#471506 Dec 19, 2012
The U.S. Army needs to understand this: If Robert Bales isn't convicted and given the death penalty for his crimes against those innocent Afghan civilians,the Army will be 'imposing' the death penalty upon other U.S. soliders via Taliban revenge attacks. http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3850-army-s...

Location hidden

#471507 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Google too....I saw a cartoon of 2 Mayan warriors talking and one said "Hey putting 12/21/2012 as the last day of the world should really FREAK out alot of people around that time"....Ha Ha Ha!
Heh! I wonder had it not been for the Campings and some others what the impact would have been? Maybe if there is a silver lining from all that is that people have seen so many failed predictions that maybe now they get it that man is never going to be privy to such information no matter what his faith. But yeah love Google! All the times I used to have to listen to a song 100 times trying to write all the lyrics of songs where half couldnt be made out or days id try to remember something and it just wouldnt come to me. Having almost every possible answer a click away is just awesome. I take it for granted a little bit now but couldnt imagine going back to when there was no internet (T) PEACE

Location hidden

#471508 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...It will have to be Carolina Panthers or Atlanta Falcons...:-)
FYI....one of the three dogs is a full blooded Rottweiler who is a year old and weighs 101 pounds...and LOVES to play.....:-)
Falcons is cool by me! 101 pound rott who loves to play? SOLD!Even before Chief they were my favorites which is why I got Chief. I still miss that dog. My folks had their driveway redone and asked me if I wanted to come by first cause they were putting the ashes of our old family dog is the driveway before it got poured over. I thought about it as I still have his urn at my place and he and my folks dog were like best friends but i decided against it as i could see changing my mind at some point after the fact and having to go dig their driveway up! lol. i really have no plan but i know is when i lost the piece of the bike my friend was killed on it messed me up so until i figure it out the urn is staying right where it is!(T) PEACE

Location hidden

#471509 Dec 19, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
I think both sides make too much of the "freewill" arguement.
I think if God wrote that then I would rather take my chances with Satan, Satan seems to be the smart and honest one of the two (based on Christian stories).
<quoted text>
I dunno..personally I find Isaiah to be pretty clear in both predicting the coming of a savior and what he would do as the suffering servant. I certainly dont see anything in scripture that would portray satan as honest and not sure what you feel God hasnt been in regards to. And again imo this is a double standard. People criticize people of faith saying they have created God in man's image but then complain when the Bible, a book dealing with concepts and a creator so above man's ability to fully grasp, an want it to read like a children's book with the simplest explanations requiring zero study or deep analysis. By its very nature id expect it to be how it is, open to debate and something one could spend a lifetime on and never master. JMO.(T) Peace

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

#471510 Dec 19, 2012

“Bacon Bacon ”

SW Burbs Chicago

#471511 Dec 19, 2012

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#471512 Dec 19, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps you're the one that doesn't get it and is wrong?
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps it's you that don't understand Paul and what he wrote?
You've come in here like a bull in a china shop boasting of over 30 years of biblical study and knowledge acting like because of your self claimed and self boasting knowledge anyone that doesn't agree with you shouldn't dare challenge you.
And when someone tells you the don't agree with what you're saying and shows you why with scripture you immediately respond by boasting of the 30 years of superior knowledge you claim to have completely dismissing what the other person has to say. Than when people stop responding to you you protest and wonder why.
Are you to blind to see that?
Perhaps you should try doing more listening and less preaching. Because even though you may think you've got all the answers and the truth you don't. Nobody does. We're all learning and growing.
And if you can't see that and embrace that you will never grow and you will run way more people off than you'll ever reach.
Just go back and read the many posts in a row you made to Roberta because of 1 comment she made. Talk about overkill!!! Can't you see that you're preaching at her and not to her. Is it any wonder why people stop responding to you and simply tune you out?
Good evening RA..
I have a lot of catching up to do..I just got released from the hospital. I Had to have some test done on my heart. I am ok but have to have my lungs tested on next. I see that our buddy quin wants to debate the GRACE of God now..WOW..He just dont BELIEVE GOD. Of course grace was around in the OT..Adam and Eve lived by Gods Grace...I also see where they are usung Pauls scriptures to argue against it..BIG Mistake!!! Paul preached nothing but GRACE..I hope he is ready for this one..LOL..If he believes he can preach against the Holy Spirit...he has chosen the wrong subject to debate. I will get some rest and then go back to wannabe preachers post and see what all he "thinks" he knows. Be back soon..have a great night.

“Bacon Bacon ”

SW Burbs Chicago

#471513 Dec 19, 2012

Location hidden

#471514 Dec 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
The True Grace of God
Prequel
Part 3
1. Now bear in mind that Grace had also existed BEFORE the Law of Moses.
A. The First time Grace is mentioned is found in Genesis 6:8... now the word Grace is mentioned here for the first time... but are there any attributes seen of Grace before Genesis 6:8? Where? How? Anyways, here is the scripture where it is first mentioned:
(1) "But Noah found GRACE (or favor) in the eyes of the LORD."
...and it goes on to say this:
a. "This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, AND he walked with God." * What does that mean here when it says Noah was a righteous man? Doesn't the New Testament say that "there is none righteous"? Is there some kind of conflict between the OT and the NT? If one understood the concept of those passages then they will see that there is no conflict. Now clearly, Noah impressed the Lord beforehand and here is a glimpse of his character in Gen 6:22...
** "Noah did everything JUST AS GOD COMMANDED him." Genesis 6:22
b. Remember, Noah is under God's Grace and He walked with the Lord, that is, he is walked by faith. WALKED being the action word. Getting more into detail, Noah did everything that was commanded of him no matter how silly it sounded. Faith without works is dead.. we can't blame the law on this one even if we tried because the Law hadn't existed as of yet. Let's fast forward a little bit to Hebrews chapter 11 verse 7:
** "By 'faith' Noah, BEING WARNED OF GOD of things NOT SEEN AS YET, MOVED WITH (reverential) FEAR, PREPARED an ark TO THE SAVING of his house...
c. See the words capitalized above? Well actually, I meant just to capitalize the action words to highlight the fact that even under Grace that Noah, thru reverential fear, CHOSE TO DO what God commanded... but what if Noah, under Grace, had decided not to follow God instructions completely in the building of the ark? Some food for thought, anyways, I capitalized everything else because there is a lot going on here in the above verse. God, Noah, Grace, Warning, Faith, Action, Saving... Whew! Now check this out... what made it so that Noah was called righteous? Look at verse 7 of Hebrews 11 again:
** "...by the which (his faith and faithful actions) he condemned the world, and BECAME HEIR of the righteousness which is by faith."
B. So we see that it was God's Grace AND Noah's faith that saved him & his family from the flood which actually made him an HEIR of rightousness (Jesus being the truly righteous One). So what is the difference between Noah's receiving of God's Grace and our present Grace thru Jesus Christ? God's Grace in the Old Testament dispensation was limited because their wasn't a sinless, human mediator yet... but even so, there were those who reverenced The One True God. Now the Grace that comes thru Jesus from God is unlimited because for one, Jesus is the sinless intermediary and two, where sin abounded His Grace much more abounds to "anyone" who put their entire trust in His Son to the saving of their souls thru faith. The similarites between the OT and NT grace seems to me that Grace is related to a forewarning, a window of time to accomplish something before that window closes, reverence, faith and obedience. Is obedience a work of the Law only or can it also be considered a good work of faith also under this Grace period? Is Faith without works dead or no?
C. Next up, did Noah still need Christ? Why or why not? If Grace existed before the Law then why did God give Moses The Law in the first place then (no room for this post but hopefully can get to it next time)??? Also, did Grace exist at the same time the Law of Moses did before Christ?
The Diference between OT Grace and NT GRACE???? 2 words..Holy Spirit...

Location hidden

#471515 Dec 19, 2012
The Meaning of Grace
in the Old Testament

As we have seen, God extended His grace freely to individuals and nations who humbly sought His favor in Old Testament times. God granted His grace to Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, the children of Israel, the Ninevites, David, and even kings Ahab and Manasseh when they repented of their wickedness. The Scriptures also record God’s grace and blessings to those women who sought His favor, including Abraham’s wife Sarah,(Gen. 21:6-7, Heb. 11:11, Ruth the Moabitess (Ruth 1:16; 2:12), and Hannah, the mother of Samuel (I Sam. 1:10-19).

The entire Old Testament is a demonstration of God’s gracious kindness and mercy.

HOWEVER, the grace and mercy which God granted during Old Testament times was in most cases limited to physical deliverance and material blessings. The Scriptures reveal that only a few in Old Testament times received God’s Holy Spirit and were granted the grace of God unto eternal salvation. Nevertheless, God’s blessing and grace was extended bountifully in the physical realm for those who loved God and kept His commandments. And mercy and forgiveness was extended to all who repented from the heart.

The Old Testament is a history of those who sought God with all their hearts, and received God’s grace and blessing, as opposed to those who rejected God’s grace and blessing, and heaped to themselves punishment and wrath for their grievous sins.

Location hidden

#471516 Dec 19, 2012
Grace Revealed
in the Book of Proverbs...

What does the book of Proverbs reveal about the GRACE of God? The book of Proverbs is designed to show us how to receive the blessings and grace of God in our daily lives.

VERY IMPORTANT.. When we LEARN to live God’s way, we receive His grace and favor in all that we set our hands to do.

The book of Proverbs gives us understanding of God’s grace under the Old Covenant as well as insight into the grace that He offers under the New Covenant:

“The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

to know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding....A "wise man will hear", and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels....

The fear [loving, reverent awe] of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools [who reject the love and blessings of God] despise wisdom and instruction.

‘My son, hear the instruction of your father [for Christians, God the Father], and forsake not the law of your mother [Jerusalem in heaven above is the mother of all true Christians]: FOR THEY [all of God’s instructions, commandments, statutes and laws] SHALL BE AN ORNAMENT OF GRACE unto your head, and chains [of God’s blessings] about your neck”(Pro. 1:1-9).
Under Grace, We dont disobey the commandments..We LEARN to LIVE them through the help and leading of THE HOLY SPIRIT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 658,822
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 70,988
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 min Buck Crick 228
Aguaje (Mar '11) 23 min Lovinmyself 113
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 26 min crucifiedguy 5,033
Ask A Black Guy (Sep '07) 34 min Chick8118 663
My Husband Wants Us To Swing (Feb '12) 39 min Rose3664 66
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min onemale 283,001
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 974,761
More from around the web