Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#471439 Dec 19, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Grumpy Grooch P~ lol lol.
OK...since I showed you how to stick out your tongue....Ya gotta have the Head too....

Like this.....:-P~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#471440 Dec 19, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, generally speaking, I would say that it is never okay even though it is inevitable that we will. That's when the Holy Spirit will do His job and remind us of what Christ did for us.
You see, no two people are going to agree on every point. And one who thinks of him(her)self as more righteous than another or only their beliefs are valid, is being deceived because, if not for what God has done, none are righteous and as far as I know, God has yet to reveal all things to anyone.
The Bible teaches us to put on the mind of Christ. If we do that, then we will think like Him more and our propensity to sin will decrease.
So true Brother....Yes....If we take our FOCUS off ourselves....That is what man has a hard time doing....

It is ALL about God and Jesus....NOT us!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#471441 Dec 19, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Can I please have some more evil icons? Smile.
I put good ones in....Do you think it will cancel out the Bad?....LOL

If I don't get to talk to you....Merry Christmas Que

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#471442 Dec 19, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good early morning bro.
Merry Christmas Scott.....God Bless

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#471443 Dec 19, 2012
*~*~*~*~*~

I'll light the tree before I leave....Have a great day!!

*~*~*~*~*~
Gay Muslim Heroin Addict

UK

#471444 Dec 19, 2012
he would maybe love you if he got regular sex and maybe a weekly treat of an4l sex.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471448 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yum....May I have another?
You can have all you could possible eat.
It is snowing here this morning.Beautiful
Down to 25 degrees in temperature.A good brr.
God bless.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471449 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about your fall Steve-o....Head trauma is nothing to fool with....You're a good son mopping your folks tile floor....Wanna fly down and mop mine? I have a few dogs that will play with you....
It was bizarre the first few days. I felt like my thoughts were in slow motion. My dad heard the 'thump' as my feet went out from under me and the back of my head nailed the counter behind me and said I was pretty much out for like 30 seconds. In all my years of boxing (and there were times when I boxed with guys who went professional where getting caught by them felt like taking a bat to the upside of the head) I never experienced anything that affected my thought-process. I called the hospital and they said pretty much they can't do squat if its a concussion but make sure not to sleep for like 6 hours and if symptoms persisted for longer than 3-4 days I could come in for a catscan. When I went to bed that night I slept 14 hours!

Anyway, all is good now as yesterday I really turned the corner and today feel rested and good when I woke up. But i hear ya on it being nothing to fool around with. Thanks for the kind words. And if I am ever down there throw in a football game on TV with the two dogs to play with and you got yourself a deal:)

(T) Peace

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#471450 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Larry....How are ya doin?
You are entitled to your own opinion...and IMO that is called FREE WILL..to believe the way you do....To me that is NOT and EVIL GOD.
Hey....MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Epster!!!!

I'm headin out to the 'natti' in Feb on a business trip. Isnt there some famous chili place i should try out there? Or is that Cleveland?

This is what I see, I know you MAY disagree and many WILL disagree, but the bible is full of holes and contradictions at worst and at best is a very complicated book to understand. Hell many devote their lives to studying it. Based on that I am somehow suppose to decide to throw away everything that makes sense in my life and believe an impossible and improbable story, all for free will.

Had he made the book simple and to the point w/o contradiction, I could still have free will. According to folklore my decision will ring in an afterlife of bliss or torture. There is no other way to see that as anything but evil at worst cruel at best. JMO.

Location hidden

#471451 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true Friend....What do you have planned on Friday (Doomsday)...I sent out on Facebook a 7 day weather forcast..and one Friday it says 1067 degree's and Fire...and Saturday is Black (no forecast)...LOL
Dang that's a hot one! lol

I have been out of the loop, is there another Camping-type prediction for this Friday? If it is a joke and went over my head I am blaming it on the fall:)

(T) Peace

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#471452 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true Brother....Yes....If we take our FOCUS off ourselves....That is what man has a hard time doing....
It is ALL about God and Jesus....NOT us!!
Amen, Sis. It's all about Him.

Hope y'all have a grand Christmas season.

Location hidden

#471453 Dec 19, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesing.
To me it is ike yelling "Stay out of the road" after your child is hit by a car.
The "freewill" arguement can only go so far with a "loving God" IMHO.
Well I do think people still could be saved in the OT and if it was in part based on the promise of a Savior to come then not much else God is going to do well allowing us free will. See to me that is kind of the double-standard that people reject (and rightfully so imo) "the devil made me do it" as it is obvious we have free will. Even if someone wants to argue it is within the limits of our options, what free will wouldn't be and it is still free will. But my point is then how do we blame God for not intervening when doing so essentially eliminates free will? I think God gave us the warnings in plenty of time and man disregarded them. Could God have prevented man from going off-track? I am sure he could but seems like there would be little point in doing so if it eliminated our freedom of thought and choice.

I would love to know the answers to a lot of things but the one thing I feel certain of is that we must have free-will for this whole thing to work correctly. Without how can anyone be held accountable for anything or rewarded for anything and what would even be the point of creating a bunch of animated puppets basically?

I understand the temptation to feel like "how can God let such a thing happen?" but if he doesn't then all the things like love and friendship and joy isn't real as we have been programmed to think and react in certain ways. I have thought about this a lot and maybe yeah a would trade a sliver of autonomy to remove some fundamental flaws in my nature but I would never trade-free will in general as that is what makes us who we are. I think God loves us but sometimes it is like loving someone on drugs. Until they decide to help themselves all anybody else is doing is putting a band-aid on the situation for a minute or two and then the problems start all over again. Man can turn to God for help but God isn't gonna to force us to act right imo

(T) Peace

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#471454 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been out of the loop, is there another Camping-type prediction for this Friday? If it is a joke and went over my head I am blaming it on the fall:)
(T) Peace
Morn SkomDude ...
It's a myth created by Indians in South America ...Inca's or Mayan's or somebody, hundreds of thousands of years ago. Google 12/21/2012 and you should find some info.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471455 Dec 19, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...since I showed you how to stick out your tongue....Ya gotta have the Head too....
Like this.....:-P~
THE HEAD you say.lol No problem is some just do not know how to play and have a bit of fun.Dumbo the rinno does not understand receipts nor scripture.You know what they say never bite the hand that tries to feed you.Dumbo the rinno is a a grumphy grooch :-P~lol I stand corrected thanks forgot the head.LW still gonna play anyway.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#471456 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
(T) Peace
You know, then end of the Mayan calendar is 12/21/2012.

And about that bump on the head. That is one of the points of emphasis this year in high school basketball. We, as officials are to be on the lookout for any excessive elbow swinging, which without contact is a violation. In the case of contact, it could be a common or intentional foul. And in the case of contact above the shoulders, at a minimum, it is an intentional foul and even could be a flagrant foul in which ejection from the game is part of the penalty. And from what I am seeing, emphasis on reducing head injuries is paramount in all sports, which is a good thing. It's kind of hard to function properly if the brain isn't working right.

Hope all of your symptoms are gone by now.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#471457 Dec 19, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
(T) Peace
Hey Skom, Friday was the final date on the mayan calendar. So those the love to jump on any doomsday scenario they can are promoting Friday (12/21/12) as the end of the world.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#471458 Dec 19, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, Sis. It's all about Him.
Hope y'all have a grand Christmas season.
Good day everyone. What you say Drew is it! The Lord Jesus is the only one we can brag on. I saw X posted yesterday in another forum and posted there too. As can happen with topix its too easy to get into petty things. Sorry to say I did get caught up in the flesh. Hard to deal with things this year with the events of Friday. My sister is a teacher of 4th graders and this just breaks my heart. But as you say bro it is all about Him, thankful He has the final word. Praying...

Location hidden

#471459 Dec 19, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Morn SkomDude ...
It's a myth created by Indians in South America ...Inca's or Mayan's or somebody, hundreds of thousands of years ago. Google 12/21/2012 and you should find some info.
Morning hu

Ah, I guess I totally forgot about the Mayan prediction. I remember knowing the date when the first Camping prediction surfaced but never would have remembered the connection today. Appreciate the info.

Thanks

Location hidden

#471460 Dec 19, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, then end of the Mayan calendar is 12/21/2012.
Thank you
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
And about that bump on the head. That is one of the points of emphasis this year in high school basketball. We, as officials are to be on the lookout for any excessive elbow swinging, which without contact is a violation. In the case of contact, it could be a common or intentional foul. And in the case of contact above the shoulders, at a minimum, it is an intentional foul and even could be a flagrant foul in which ejection from the game is part of the penalty. And from what I am seeing, emphasis on reducing head injuries is paramount in all sports, which is a good thing. It's kind of hard to function properly if the brain isn't working right.
Hope all of your symptoms are gone by now.
Yeah thanks, I am feeling back to normal now. And yeah I agree, head injuries should be a point of emphasis. People don't see the aftermath of the star running backs or hockey players or whoever that are out of the game at age 30 and drooling on themselves at age 40. As complicated as the human body is and especially the brain it is a frighteningly fragile system at times. They need to protect these athletes, even from themselves as now players have to sit out if diagnosed with a concussion when before they would go back in and play. I know a lot of the professional leagues are more concerned with the medical costs and lawsuits then the player's health imo but it is good to see either way that the example is being followed on the lower levels and on levels where safety actually is the focus

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#471461 Dec 19, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skom, Friday was the final date on the mayan calendar. So those the love to jump on any doomsday scenario they can are promoting Friday (12/21/12) as the end of the world.
Hey John

Thanks bro, I think I was the only one who didn't know what Fri was!

Lazy Mayans, dooming us all because they can't make a longer calendar! LOL

I actually have to look it up now to see the actual reason they thought this was the day and why their calendar only went up to it. I had to look up the story of Rumpelstiltskin yesterday too even though I was the one that used the reference as I didn't remember at all it was about some mill workers daughter that he lied about her being able to spin straw into gold and the king kept making her do more and more which was really being done by a magic imp that showed up! I love Google!

(T) Peace

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patriots owner'speech was great but doesn't cha... 2 min Child of Set 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min dollarsbill 6,452
Sex with demon possessed doll 10 min Child of Set 56
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min PELE78 864,349
The Christian Atheist debate 32 min ChristineM 1,975
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 42 min Halle Berry Sister 2,776
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,296
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Liam 599,552
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web