Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#471398 Dec 18, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas to you too, Deb. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Thank you brother~ All is well-

Our God IS an AWESOME GOD !!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471399 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That every Christian thinks that only others will hear "I know you not" would be hilarious if it weren't so terrifyingly serious.
Didnt want to get into the first part but this last part was just so on the mark I had to reply. If people read Matthew 7 they will see the ones told this did not see it coming. They probably would have been of the mind that they thought for certain those words would never be said to them. Now am I trying to instill some type of fear-based scenario where nobody should feel safe? No. But the reality is there were reasons we were told always be watching and not caught unaware, how God views lukewarmness, why not to judge or condemn, shown how even sinners love those who love them, told those that neglect their family are worse than an unbeliever, and how what we dont do for the least of us we dont do for him. All imo are reminders to live our faith. Some will be told that. The 'why' may be in question but that it will come as a surprise is not.

Location hidden

#471400 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If faith worked before Jesus was born then there was no reason for Jesus at all.
Did David get to Heaven ? Moses ?
Then Jesus didn't change anything.
Personally i have 2 theories. 1 is that faith in the father and the promise of the coming savior as prophesized in Isaiah is what saved and\or 2) That under the new covenant God agreed not to destroy mankind again or most of it anyway. Yet the path man was on was one where he was going to doom himself anyway so it was start over which he wasnt going to do or send a savior. The question I guess is why wait the time period between man and when Jesus came since it was known from the beginning we were going to need one? without knowing the mind of God we cant know but itd be interesting to know if the timing was always the same or if event percipitated God waiting or speeding up when Christ came?

Location hidden

#471401 Dec 18, 2012
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(((((Steve))))))) LOL~ I don't think we are supposed to say that name out loud~ Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- Good try though!
Good to see that you are here brother (c:
Merry Christmas!!
What, you dont want a magic imp that will end up demanding your first born? You are no fun! lol! well wrapping up...glad i got to see ya!

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#471402 Dec 18, 2012
Good Morning everyone... God loves you all... Smile.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#471403 Dec 18, 2012
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you brother~ All is well-
Our God IS an AWESOME GOD !!
>>>>>DEB< <<<<

Guess you missed my post to you the day, how're you my friend?

#471404 Dec 18, 2012
Just going to put out a few posts, not much... have a blessed one and Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all in case... I know this sounds cliche but it is a true cliche for all time, God is Good and nothing is too hard for Him. Welp, still continuing in Grace study.

#471405 Dec 18, 2012
The True Grace of God
Prequel
Part 3

1. Now bear in mind that Grace had also existed BEFORE the Law of Moses.

A. The First time Grace is mentioned is found in Genesis 6:8... now the word Grace is mentioned here for the first time... but are there any attributes seen of Grace before Genesis 6:8? Where? How? Anyways, here is the scripture where it is first mentioned:

(1) "But Noah found GRACE (or favor) in the eyes of the LORD."

...and it goes on to say this:

a. "This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, AND he walked with God." * What does that mean here when it says Noah was a righteous man? Doesn't the New Testament say that "there is none righteous"? Is there some kind of conflict between the OT and the NT? If one understood the concept of those passages then they will see that there is no conflict. Now clearly, Noah impressed the Lord beforehand and here is a glimpse of his character in Gen 6:22...

** "Noah did everything JUST AS GOD COMMANDED him." Genesis 6:22

b. Remember, Noah is under God's Grace and He walked with the Lord, that is, he is walked by faith. WALKED being the action word. Getting more into detail, Noah did everything that was commanded of him no matter how silly it sounded. Faith without works is dead.. we can't blame the law on this one even if we tried because the Law hadn't existed as of yet. Let's fast forward a little bit to Hebrews chapter 11 verse 7:

** "By 'faith' Noah, BEING WARNED OF GOD of things NOT SEEN AS YET, MOVED WITH (reverential) FEAR, PREPARED an ark TO THE SAVING of his house...

c. See the words capitalized above? Well actually, I meant just to capitalize the action words to highlight the fact that even under Grace that Noah, thru reverential fear, CHOSE TO DO what God commanded... but what if Noah, under Grace, had decided not to follow God instructions completely in the building of the ark? Some food for thought, anyways, I capitalized everything else because there is a lot going on here in the above verse. God, Noah, Grace, Warning, Faith, Action, Saving... Whew! Now check this out... what made it so that Noah was called righteous? Look at verse 7 of Hebrews 11 again:

** "...by the which (his faith and faithful actions) he condemned the world, and BECAME HEIR of the righteousness which is by faith."

B. So we see that it was God's Grace AND Noah's faith that saved him & his family from the flood which actually made him an HEIR of rightousness (Jesus being the truly righteous One). So what is the difference between Noah's receiving of God's Grace and our present Grace thru Jesus Christ? God's Grace in the Old Testament dispensation was limited because their wasn't a sinless, human mediator yet... but even so, there were those who reverenced The One True God. Now the Grace that comes thru Jesus from God is unlimited because for one, Jesus is the sinless intermediary and two, where sin abounded His Grace much more abounds to "anyone" who put their entire trust in His Son to the saving of their souls thru faith. The similarites between the OT and NT grace seems to me that Grace is related to a forewarning, a window of time to accomplish something before that window closes, reverence, faith and obedience. Is obedience a work of the Law only or can it also be considered a good work of faith also under this Grace period? Is Faith without works dead or no?

C. Next up, did Noah still need Christ? Why or why not? If Grace existed before the Law then why did God give Moses The Law in the first place then (no room for this post but hopefully can get to it next time)??? Also, did Grace exist at the same time the Law of Moses did before Christ?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#471406 Dec 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning everyone... God loves you all... Smile.
Good early morning bro.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#471407 Dec 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> >>>>>DEB< <<<<
Guess you missed my post to you the day, how're you my friend?
The OTHER day..........

#471408 Dec 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good early morning bro.
Good Morning, How you doin'? Oh, and God is Good when?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#471409 Dec 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning, How you doin'? Oh, and God is Good when?
I'm Blessed bro, and God is good at ALL times, even when it seems that things may not be going that great.

#471410 Dec 18, 2012
Please check out this video on The True Grace of God by John Bevere... I had my wife look at it earlier and she said that first time that she heard anyone explain it so clearly from the pulpit. It's about 10 minutes long if you could spare the time.

#471411 Dec 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm Blessed bro, and God is good at ALL times, even when it seems that things may not be going that great.
Hey, Grace is getting what we do not deserve! Even if it is trials thru fire! Count it all joy! LOL..

Lawest, things are going just as Jesus said that it would... continue to be strong in the Lord and in His Mighty Power and I will do the same! Smile.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471412 Dec 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Personally i have 2 theories. 1 is that faith in the father and the promise of the coming savior as prophesized in Isaiah is what saved and\or 2) That under the new covenant God agreed not to destroy mankind again or most of it anyway. Yet the path man was on was one where he was going to doom himself anyway so it was start over which he wasnt going to do or send a savior. The question I guess is why wait the time period between man and when Jesus came since it was known from the beginning we were going to need one? without knowing the mind of God we cant know but itd be interesting to know if the timing was always the same or if event percipitated God waiting or speeding up when Christ came?
Interesing.

To me it is ike yelling "Stay out of the road" after your child is hit by a car.
The "freewill" arguement can only go so far with a "loving God" IMHO.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471413 Dec 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
The True Grace of God
Prequel
Part 3
1. Now bear in mind that Grace had also existed BEFORE the Law of Moses.
A. The First time Grace is mentioned is found in Genesis 6:8... now the word Grace is mentioned here for the first time... but are there any attributes seen of Grace before Genesis 6:8? Where? How? Anyways, here is the scripture where it is first mentioned:
(1) "But Noah found GRACE (or favor) in the eyes of the LORD."
...and it goes on to say this:
a. "This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, AND he walked with God." * What does that mean here when it says Noah was a righteous man? Doesn't the New Testament say that "there is none righteous"? Is there some kind of conflict between the OT and the NT? If one understood the concept of those passages then they will see that there is no conflict. Now clearly, Noah impressed the Lord beforehand and here is a glimpse of his character in Gen 6:22...
** "Noah did everything JUST AS GOD COMMANDED him." Genesis 6:22
b. Remember, Noah is under God's Grace and He walked with the Lord, that is, he is walked by faith. WALKED being the action word. Getting more into detail, Noah did everything that was commanded of him no matter how silly it sounded. Faith without works is dead.. we can't blame the law on this one even if we tried because the Law hadn't existed as of yet. Let's fast forward a little bit to Hebrews chapter 11 verse 7:
** "By 'faith' Noah, BEING WARNED OF GOD of things NOT SEEN AS YET, MOVED WITH (reverential) FEAR, PREPARED an ark TO THE SAVING of his house...
c. See the words capitalized above? Well actually, I meant just to capitalize the action words to highlight the fact that even under Grace that Noah, thru reverential fear, CHOSE TO DO what God commanded... but what if Noah, under Grace, had decided not to follow God instructions completely in the building of the ark? Some food for thought, anyways, I capitalized everything else because there is a lot going on here in the above verse. God, Noah, Grace, Warning, Faith, Action, Saving... Whew! Now check this out... what made it so that Noah was called righteous? Look at verse 7 of Hebrews 11 again:
** "...by the which (his faith and faithful actions) he condemned the world, and BECAME HEIR of the righteousness which is by faith."
B. So we see that it was God's Grace AND Noah's faith that saved him & his family from the flood which actually made him an HEIR of rightousness (Jesus being the truly righteous One). So what is the difference between Noah's receiving of God's Grace and our present Grace thru Jesus Christ? God's Grace in the Old Testament dispensation was limited because their wasn't a sinless, human mediator yet... but even so, there were those who reverenced The One True God. Now the Grace that comes thru Jesus from God is unlimited because for one, Jesus is the sinless intermediary and two, where sin abounded His Grace much more abounds to "anyone" who put their entire trust in His Son to the saving of their souls thru faith. The similarites between the OT and NT grace seems to me that Grace is related to a forewarning, a window of time to accomplish something before that window closes, reverence, faith and obedience. Is obedience a work of the Law only or can it also be considered a good work of faith also under this Grace period? Is Faith without works dead or no?
C. Next up, did Noah still need Christ? Why or why not? If Grace existed before the Law then why did God give Moses The Law in the first place then (no room for this post but hopefully can get to it next time)??? Also, did Grace exist at the same time the Law of Moses did before Christ?
Interesting points and questions.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#471414 Dec 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Grace is getting what we do not deserve! Even if it is trials thru fire! Count it all joy! LOL..
Lawest, things are going just as Jesus said that it would... continue to be strong in the Lord and in His Mighty Power and I will do the same! Smile.
Amen bro. Have a Blessed night and continue to pray.

#471415 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting points and questions.
Good early Morning, I actually had more to type but the scroll wasn't long enough... lol... How you doin'? Happy Holy-days/Chag Chanuka Sameach/Merry Christ Mass and Season's Greetings to you... smile.

#471416 Dec 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Amen bro. Have a Blessed night and continue to pray.
Amen... thank you!

You don't know nuthin' bout that son! whatcha say? Smile.

#471417 Dec 18, 2012
Can I please have some more evil icons? Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Doctor Peace 105,686
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Doctor Peace 49,507
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Rosesz 647,007
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 14 min Thinking 26
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min Buck Crick 445,757
Dirty snapchat with teen girls (May '14) 1 hr HOLLAND_123 12
guys what color panties are you wearing today??... 1 hr plamco 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Buck Crick 971,806
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 12 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web