Why Should Jesus Love Me?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#471362 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it odd that people can see 'Satan' everywhere but can't see "God" anywhere but in a book.
Agreed

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471363 Dec 18, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, I bet you he's mortified...particularly that you've denied him the opportunity to plaster a 10 page response ..and then rebuttal...and rebuttal..and ...
Teasin' ya both :)
Hope you're feeling better,HFN, and if we don't cross paths again before Christmas , may yours be wonder-filled and blest:)
Hey?! LOL...well any time I have asked you for your interpretation of those verses all I hear is crickets chirping so let's just say I am posting enough for both of us! Take that! heh....hope the holidays are peaceful..we already did one huge Christmas get together of like 30 people Sunday and got few more things b4 the actual holiday so hoping to widdle it down to just church and dinner went the folks. I dont have the energy or interest these days in making a week long production out of it.(T) PEACE
wow

Kansas City, MO

#471364 Dec 18, 2012
wow
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#471365 Dec 18, 2012
This is Doctor REALITY,sharing a few of my 'Keepin' it REAL' moments. Have a wonderful evening,America,and the rest of the world. Good night.

Location hidden

#471366 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it odd that people can see 'Satan' everywhere but can't see "God" anywhere but in a book.
I like that. even more ironic is that remove man from the equation and God can be seen everywhere and the devil nowhere. Man is reaping what he has sown yet we still are so arrogant in our perceived superiority. we are the only ones of God's creation that cant seem to follow the plan.(T) PEACE
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#471367 Dec 18, 2012

Location hidden

#471368 Dec 18, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Skom,
Will you take a few minutes and listen to this link that I provided? It actually speaks of every subject and verse that has been discussed these last couple of days. There are 2 parts but he explains "Grace'. OSAS, better then I could ever do..
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
I am glad i am still working my way back to see if i missed any posts. Thank you Grace, I will save the links and check them out when I get home.(T) PEACE

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471369 Dec 18, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the cilantro.
Well if you want cilantro in yours be glad to put it in yours.
Cultures also use for infections and good old fashion belly ache too.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#471370 Dec 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I like that. even more ironic is that remove man from the equation and God can be seen everywhere and the devil nowhere. Man is reaping what he has sown yet we still are so arrogant in our perceived superiority. we are the only ones of God's creation that cant seem to follow the plan.(T) PEACE
Nope, not without help from God himself.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471371 Dec 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>This, unlike any of your posts on the Bible, actually makes some sense and has some value. I have no problem if you wanna stick to recipees. And at least those when you plagerize them it is kind of expected. Just don't leave a bunch of steps out like you leave out most the verse when quoting scripture:)
Grumpy Grooch P~ lol lol.

Location hidden

#471372 Dec 18, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
??....no grumpiness over here. That's like saying someone is grumpy for saying today is the 18th of December. lol lol lol...me just giving u good advice mrs sour patches lol lol lol. Gibberish...shot of Jack Daniels..more gibberish..lol lol lol. i told you i like you posting recipees and why...u didnt believe me mrs doubtfire? lol lol lol...(forgive my probably poor impersonation..doing it without the sockpuppet and booze makes it harder):)

Location hidden

#471373 Dec 18, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw...and I know I am going to regret this....but what is a "Grumpy Grooch P"? The 'grumpy' I know and normally I factor in that like 2/3rds of your posts won't make any sense but for some reason this one has me curious. Did you just string letters together or is there actually something called a Grumpy Grooch P? I'll be the first to admit my ignorance on the subject if there is

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#471374 Dec 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
@Drew....sorry had to respond here for space. I thought you made some excellent points in your post to hu about not believing the devil can make people sin {tempt maybe but certainly man is still responsible for his choices) and that a big pitfall for believers is feeling more righteous than another. often imo that will manifest itself in two ways. 1) Everything i believe must be right so anyone who doesnt agree with me must disagree with God or 2) "Look at how much i do for others, guess i just love Jesus more" I have seen both a decent amount in my life. I did have one question though. when it says we all will sin and fall short imo that is talking about why people need Christ for salvation because some thought they were justified by works of law and isnt directed at those who already turned to Christ as technically we arent to sin at all after that. obviously we still will but the msg would never be its ok sometimes. whats ur take on who that verse is directed to?
Well, generally speaking, I would say that it is never okay even though it is inevitable that we will. That's when the Holy Spirit will do His job and remind us of what Christ did for us.

You see, no two people are going to agree on every point. And one who thinks of him(her)self as more righteous than another or only their beliefs are valid, is being deceived because, if not for what God has done, none are righteous and as far as I know, God has yet to reveal all things to anyone.

The Bible teaches us to put on the mind of Christ. If we do that, then we will think like Him more and our propensity to sin will decrease.

Location hidden

#471375 Dec 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Nope, not without help from God himself.
No argument there. Still one has to wonder if this still is the price of perifity or just the consequence of free will or both or neither? What was it about man that made him suceptible to temptation and more so to do evil almost for the sake of doing so? Was intelligence a curse or maybe it is the lack of it and there are intellectually superior species throughout the galaxies that God didnt have to intervene for? Why do animals often display natural instincts often superior to man as they dont kill for no reason and most take care of their young better than we do. We know man paid the price for sin but why did he sin originally and why are we still so flawed? Shouldnt original sin been done after the Sacrifice?(T) PEACE

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#471376 Dec 18, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Drew ...
And I agree, the ol debil can't make us do anything.
You're welcome, Bro. And notice I ain't involving myself in the debate. God will sort it out in His own time.

Location hidden

#471377 Dec 18, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, generally speaking, I would say that it is never okay even though it is inevitable that we will. That's when the Holy Spirit will do His job and remind us of what Christ did for us.
You see, no two people are going to agree on every point. And one who thinks of him(her)self as more righteous than another or only their beliefs are valid, is being deceived because, if not for what God has done, none are righteous and as far as I know, God has yet to reveal all things to anyone.
The Bible teaches us to put on the mind of Christ. If we do that, then we will think like Him more and our propensity to sin will decrease.
Makes sense to me. I agree 100%. Thanks for the reply and elaboration.(T) PEACE

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#471378 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the claims of Christianity are false and Jesus did nothing for no one.
Don't see the connection. It's always been by faith by believing. In this age, though, it's by His gift of grace. It took an immeasurable amount of grace for God to do what He did for you and me, and everyone else for that matter. No one can earn it, it is a gift. Jesus Christ paid the price.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#471380 Dec 18, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Truths, this was absolutely PRICELESS :) Just one question: am I "Bobb" (my lifelong nickname is Bobbi) and if I'm not, how come you left me out, I'll have to cross you off my Christmas card list if you did, hmmm?
(((((Roberta)))))))~ At the time I wrote it- you had not been in here in a loooong time- You are on my list of the regulars which I keep in my notepad tho'

Gimmee a word that rhymes with 'in' Will put you in!!
<3

Merry Christmas (c:

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#471381 Dec 18, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say in God's Word that quote: "GOD being God- probably gave him a chance to choose to change his way"?
Book, chapter, verse, I've never read anything like that in God's Word and I'd like to see where it says that?
I have never studied the topic before and googled ~ I can not give you chapter and verse if I have not looked~

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#471382 Dec 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Makes sense to me. I agree 100%. Thanks for the reply and elaboration.(T) PEACE
No problem.

Are you going to have some time off for the holidays? I'm looking forward to catching up on some rest.

Have a great night. I just got in a little while ago from reffing so I'm going to call it a night. Hope your tomorrow is even better than today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rajkot gey (Nov '15) 7 min abc 80
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Rosa_Winkel 71,057
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min donaldtrump 283,022
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 18 min Spider1954 3,045
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 39 min gundee123 5,061
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Marge 658,876
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 974,828
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 4 hr Go Blue Forever 254
More from around the web