Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471341 Dec 18, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
By faith, as it has always been.
Then the claims of Christianity are false and Jesus did nothing for no one.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471342 Dec 18, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is only the umpteenth time it's been discussed.
~channel check~
Who's got the remote?
All due respect hu just because it has been discussed before doesnt make it any less important of a conversation to have. I know u have said u dont put much stock in the Bible which is ur right but i mention it only cus in fairness i dont think u'd be that interested even if it was a new topic. Now if the exchanges cant be had civilly no matter what the subject id agree there is little point in having them. But i still continue to learn things even if presented from an opposing view.Biblical debates arent for everybody and thats cool but considering the room think at minimum see no reason anyone should feel as if they are imposing on others. If ppl would rather talk hunting or cooking or whatever thats cool too. i think ppl should feel free to talk about whatever they want. jmo and i say that with no malice, just giving my opinion cus i still get stuff out of it.(T) PEACE

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471343 Dec 18, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
...
What is the difference between Grace and Mercy? Let's understand this:
1. Mercy is in a nutshell, this:
"...not getting what YOU DO deserve."
***
2. Grace, in a nutshell is this:
"...getting what YOU DO NOT deserve."
http://2praisegod.com/blog/2010/01/what-is-th... ...
Exactly!
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#471344 Dec 18, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Hello,America,this is Doctor REALITY. I want to share something with you that I believe God revealed to me today. It is my belief that there is another person,who hasn't been mentioned,who's also,partly,to blame for what happened in Conneticut last Friday....Well,we know,young,deranged Adam Lanza was likely motivated by events such as Columbine,Virginia Tech,the Gabriel Giffords incident,and the Dark Knight Rises incident. We also know that he went to a shooting range with his gun-inthusiast mother many times. And we also know that his relationship with his mother was very strained. But I want to tell about someone else who I also believe played a very REAL role in setting this young,deranged person's mind into a tailspin: JOVAN BELCHER of the Kansas City Chiefs. You notice that the Connetcut incident happened RIGHT AFTER Jovan Belcher murdered the mother of his three month old baby....right in their house?? Adam Lanza murdered the woman who carried him in her womb,gave birth to him,changed his diapersfed him,gave him a place to live....right in their own....house. And then,just like Belcher,he chose to end it all when he saw the police coming because he didn't want to go to prison for what he had done... All of this happened right after the world was starting to move on after the Jovan Belcher crime. So,you see,the scene was already set. Adam Lanza's relationship with his mother was already out of control. And when Jovan Belcher made national and world news,it's very likely that gave Adam Lanza the sick,deranged motive to proceed forward. Because of the timing,that's truly what I believe.
....enthusiast..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471345 Dec 18, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
How does failure or imperfection come from perfection? I know christians arn't perfect and i dont expect them to be. Really I'm pointing out how evil your God really is, or how human your god really is if you prefer.
This perfect God had to know the uncivility his not making himself clear would cause. If i thought the fable was true I would think it a shame. JMO.
Agreed.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#471346 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The only place in the OT which has Satan is in Job. Satan had nothing to repent, everything he did to Job was allowed by God. In Job, God and Satan are not enemies.
The conversation was began by Truths ...and she made reference to Lucifer. The reference to Satan and the debil are common terms of endearment ...but I understood what was implied.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#471347 Dec 18, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the remote and you ain' big enough to take it away from me.But I might humm think about given it to you if you can answer my questions.Which came first the chicken or the egg??How come only hens can lay eggs??Where does the rooster fit in this picture??Why does only the rooster crow early of the morning and not the hen??So spin me a story tale here.Not sorry cause just wanted to mess with you lol.The wonder of it all God bless.
You know this will give me nitemares.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471348 Dec 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> "How evil our God is"?.........no sir, not at all, our God is clear enough to those who believe on him because he has opened their understanding to the things of God based off of the contents of their hearts, and there is obviously a bitterness and unwillingness in yours..........
Again THERE IS NO FAILURE IN GOD.
If God were a human and did the things claimed, he would be called evil by everyone.

The human concepts of good, evil, love and hate simply do not apply to anything excpt humans.

Are sharks evil ? Are butterflies good ? Do trees provide is oxygen out of love ? Do diseases makes us ill out of hate ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471349 Dec 18, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
The conversation was began by Truths ...and she made reference to Lucifer. The reference to Satan and the debil are common terms of endearment ...but I understood what was implied.
I find it odd that people can see 'Satan' everywhere but can't see "God" anywhere but in a book.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471350 Dec 18, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
PART III (Conclusion)
You said<quoted text>
I`ll tell you what was ``foolish``--for you to quote back at me that ``old covenant`` business. First, I said ``Old TESTAMENT,`` NOT ``old COVENANT`` and I do NOT appreciate being DELIBERATELY misquoted.(Doing so DELIBERATELY was exactly what you did, so don`t bother denying it). Second, that was ONLY an example of the kind of legalistic knots that legalists so love to see others tied in?ONLY an example, and you knew that.Law, not just selected portions of it?
hey Roberta, I agree salvation can not be earned. But your works are not flithy rags before Christ unless you have no faith. If you do Ephesians says there are good works which Christ has prepared in advance for us to do. And if one wants to know the importance put on the works of believers by Christ all one has to do is look at Matthew 25:38-46. Hope you have a great Christmas.(T) PEACE

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#471351 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If God were a human and did the things claimed, he would be called evil by everyone.
The human concepts of good, evil, love and hate simply do not apply to anything excpt humans.
Are sharks evil ? Are butterflies good ? Do trees provide is oxygen out of love ? Do diseases makes us ill out of hate ?
I would suggest that you ask that question to the Sharks, Butterflies, Trees and Diseases.

As for God himself, it is not wrong for him to do the things that he commsnds YOU not to do and you cannot draw him down to human standards.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471352 Dec 18, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>All due respect hu just because it has been discussed before doesnt make it any less important of a conversation to have. I know u have said u dont put much stock in the Bible which is ur right but i mention it only cus in fairness i dont think u'd be that interested even if it was a new topic. Now if the exchanges cant be had civilly no matter what the subject id agree there is little point in having them. But i still continue to learn things even if presented from an opposing view.Biblical debates arent for everybody and thats cool but considering the room think at minimum see no reason anyone should feel as if they are imposing on others. If ppl would rather talk hunting or cooking or whatever thats cool too. i think ppl should feel free to talk about whatever they want. jmo and i say that with no malice, just giving my opinion cus i still get stuff out of it.(T) PEACE
Oh humm;

Take a pound of ground beef
fry in skillet with garlic salt
addin in some raw onion.

Fry some yellow corn torillias
Drain good.

Shovel meat inside add graded cheese
chopped up lettuce,chopped tomatoes.

Spead hot sauce over top.

Bingo Tacos from the southwest.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471353 Dec 18, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this will give me nitemares.
I throught so no remote for you.lol lol
Have a good night.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#471355 Dec 18, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this will give me nitemares.
We'll just have Dr. Shrink sing you a sweet lullabye before bedtime..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#471356 Dec 18, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> "How evil our God is"?.........no sir, not at all, our God is clear enough to those who believe on him because he has opened their understanding to the things of God based off of the contents of their hearts, and there is obviously a bitterness and unwillingness in yours..........
Again THERE IS NO FAILURE IN GOD.
Ya, that must be it..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#471357 Dec 18, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you It is good to see you here posting once again.
Thanks LW..........

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471358 Dec 18, 2012
GRACE W...Had to respond here for space but in regards to ur post on ephes it actually does not say ALL of our works are burnt up but rather man is tested by fire and anything not in a foundation of Christ will be destroyed and what remains will tell the story. (T) PEACE

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#471359 Dec 18, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, that must be it..........
Yep, must be..........

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471360 Dec 18, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh humm;
Take a pound of ground beef
fry in skillet with garlic salt
addin in some raw onion.
Fry some yellow corn torillias
Drain good.
Shovel meat inside add graded cheese
chopped up lettuce,chopped tomatoes.
Spead hot sauce over top.
Bingo Tacos from the southwest.
This, unlike any of your posts on the Bible, actually makes some sense and has some value. I have no problem if you wanna stick to recipees. And at least those when you plagerize them it is kind of expected. Just don't leave a bunch of steps out like you leave out most the verse when quoting scripture:)

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#471361 Dec 18, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh humm;
Take a pound of ground beef
fry in skillet with garlic salt
addin in some raw onion.
Fry some yellow corn torillias
Drain good.
Shovel meat inside add graded cheese
chopped up lettuce,chopped tomatoes.
Spead hot sauce over top.
Bingo Tacos from the southwest.
You forgot the cilantro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 665,106
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Truth-be-Told 87,855
The Future of Politics in America 7 min Rider on the Storm 163
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 30 min Democrat Hero 4
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Joe Fortuna 442
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 284,467
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr Al Capone 3,380
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web