Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471317 Dec 18, 2012
In the Lord put I my trust:how say ye to my soul,flee as a bird to your mountain.

For,lo the wicked bend their bow,thay make ready their arrow upon the string,that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

If the foundations be destroyed,what can the righteous do.

The Lord is in his holy temple,the Lord's throne is in heaven;his eyes behold,his eyelids try,the children of men.

The Lord trieth the righteous:but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Upon the wicked he shall rain snares,fire and brimstone,and an horrible tempest:this shall be the portion of their cup.

For the righteous Lord Loveth righeousness;his countenance doth behold the upright.
Psalms 11

The Lord our refuge

Location hidden

#471318 Dec 18, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year LW!!
Thank you It is good to see you here posting once again.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471319 Dec 18, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
....If we're to believe God's Word Lucifer/Satan rebelled against God and was booted out of Heaven by God......
Where is that in the Bible ?

Lets, see there is the Dragon and Michael from Revelation and the King of Babylon called the Morning Star in Isaiah.

No Satan rebelling or kicked anywhere in the Bible.

The story does exist, though, in books that the "Bible compilers" said were heretical lies.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#471320 Dec 18, 2012
HFN..cont..some say those that fell away never truly believed but luke says some will receive the word with joy and for a while believe. can anyone but a believer do that? and john says we have been cleaned by the word and r in Christ's love so that has to be a true believer as Christ would never have someone in his love that didnt believe but says to remain in his love they must obey the commandments and those that dont are like branches broken off and burned up. what do u think the fate of a believer who remains disobedient and out of Christs love?(T) peace

Location hidden

#471321 Dec 18, 2012
HFN..Sorry wanted to end my post with the following but was afraid i wouldnt even be able to post the last part as this phone keeps shutting off for no reason. I took a nasty spill the other day mopping a tile floor for the folks and cracked my head and my phone went flying and hasnt been working right since. Anyway seems to be letting me write now as it took me 4 tries to get that last post to u. But wanted to say I know u r not a fan of debating and i appreciate the time and effort u put into the responses. These are simply my beliefs and some of the verses I base them on but obviously have no problem agreeing to disagree. Great to see you. (T) PEACE
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#471322 Dec 18, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is that in the Bible ?
Lets, see there is the Dragon and Michael from Revelation and the King of Babylon called the Morning Star in Isaiah.
No Satan rebelling or kicked anywhere in the Bible.
The story does exist, though, in books that the "Bible compilers" said were heretical lies.
You're a LIAR,you wicked demon.

Location hidden

#471323 Dec 18, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I`m feeling Better Skombolis, thanks for caring.
I agree with what you have said. But it just takes one to get it started. A lot of the time I can ignore but sometimes not and feel the need to speak out.
One Day (T) peace will come.:)
Hey, just on that last part of Romans it says it the natural branches were not spared for unbelief take heed so as not to be cut off also. I dont really follow the commentary saying we are all wild before being saved as that doesnt address who the natural brances are. IMO this again is talking about the Jews (natural brances as God's chosen people) who were not saved from being cut off for their unbelief and the Gentiles who dont remain in Gods goodness will also be cut off. As for John if those that believe automatically will obey why would Jesus warn those that were cleaned by the word that they must obey to stay in his love if disobedience isnt even possible? And we know it is cus we still sin. Glad u r feeling better:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#471324 Dec 18, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
How does failure or imperfection come from perfection? I know christians arn't perfect and i dont expect them to be. Really I'm pointing out how evil your God really is, or how human your god really is if you prefer.
This perfect God had to know the uncivility his not making himself clear would cause. If i thought the fable was true I would think it a shame. JMO.
"How evil our God is"?.........no sir, not at all, our God is clear enough to those who believe on him because he has opened their understanding to the things of God based off of the contents of their hearts, and there is obviously a bitterness and unwillingness in yours..........
Again THERE IS NO FAILURE IN GOD.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#471325 Dec 18, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
*~*~*~*~*~
Everyone WAS getting along...till this OSAS came up....Once everyone posted how they felt...Insinuations were thrown...Then sides were chosen........Now lines are drawn....SAD
*~*~*~*~*~
:-(
And this is only the umpteenth time it's been discussed.
~channel check~
Who's got the remote?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471326 Dec 18, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not given a chance to repent Deb. He made his choice and his fate was sealed. To say he had a chance to repent is simply not true and is in direct contradiction to what God's Word says. God's Word clearly says that God cursed him above all cattle and above every beast of the field, and that he would eat dust all the days of his life.
Genesis 3:14.
14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
The snake isn't Satan, it is a snake. No where does Genesis say the snake was Satan.

Location hidden

#471329 Dec 18, 2012
HFN...This stupid phone..it shut off right after i made last post and now its not showing up. Anyway first I agree it takes someone to up the ante when things get nasty and i am glad u r feeling better. As for that last commentary saying we are all wild brances b4 coming to Christ it does not address then who are the natural brances. IMO when it says even the natural brances were not spared due to their unbelief so take heed u are also not cut off it is again talking about the Jews (natural brances) and Hebrews who will be cut off if they dont remain faithful. as for John why would Christ warn believers that to remain in his love they must be obedient if disobedience was not possible? and why if that were true would believers still sin? IMO believers are told to take heed to remain faithful and obedient in Luke, Hebrews, Romans, John, etc because some do not. anyway just my thoughts.(t) peace

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#471330 Dec 18, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up hick-up? Personally, I don't believe the devil can make us do anything. Each person is a free moral agent who has the ability to make choices. Now he can influence us, and because we live in a vessel that is prone to sin, we have the ability to do atrocious things. And it is my belief that, even a genuine believer, in a fit of rage, can temporarily lose their mind and do something atrocious.
The Bible does teach that the devil is the lord of this particular age that we are living in. That is clearly seen in recent history, the heinous acts that people have done in the name of whatever their cause is evidence of this fact.
What I have found is that many seem to overlook the admonition given us many times throughout the scriptures to focus on the heavenly (eternal) things and not the earthly (temporal) things. We humans like to equate one with the other and make ourselves judge and jury when, clearly, this is totally left up to God. It's like grace. We want to determine who is worthy of His grace and who is not, but once again, the Bible clearly teaches that it is God and God alone who determines this, and the criterion, in this age, is not what we have physically done, but what we have received spiritually.
Therefore, it is my contention that one who has been truly illuminated by God would not tend to engage in such atrocious acts, but the door is left open for someone who in a fit of rage (temporary loss of sanity) would snap and do something that we would and should consider to be so terrible.
We must remember that the Bible says that all sin and fall short of God's glory, therefore we cannot rely on ourselves to produce righteousness, but must fully rely on God. We try to mold and shape Him into what we want Him to be, when we should be allowing Him to mold and shape us into what He wants us to be.
Sadly, there has always been and will always be those who think they are more righteous than others when in reality, no one person is more righteous than any other because the only righteousness that counts is that which come from above.
Thank you Drew ...
And I agree, the ol debil can't make us do anything.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471331 Dec 18, 2012
There are only two times in the Bible anyone is called Lucifer (Morning Star)

Nebuchadnezzar in Isaiah 14:12

Jesus in Revelation 22:16

In the OT,'Satan' is only used as a name in Job, nowhere else.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#471332 Dec 18, 2012
Hello,America,this is Doctor REALITY. I want to share something with you that I believe God revealed to me today. It is my belief that there is another person,who hasn't been mentioned,who's also,partly,to blame for what happened in Conneticut last Friday....Well,we know,young,deranged Adam Lanza was likely motivated by events such as Columbine,Virginia Tech,the Gabriel Giffords incident,and the Dark Knight Rises incident. We also know that he went to a shooting range with his gun-inthusiast mother many times. And we also know that his relationship with his mother was very strained. But I want to tell about someone else who I also believe played a very REAL role in setting this young,deranged person's mind into a tailspin: JOVAN BELCHER of the Kansas City Chiefs. You notice that the Connetcut incident happened RIGHT AFTER Jovan Belcher murdered the mother of his three month old baby....right in their house?? Adam Lanza murdered the woman who carried him in her womb,gave birth to him,changed his diapersfed him,gave him a place to live....right in their own....house. And then,just like Belcher,he chose to end it all when he saw the police coming because he didn't want to go to prison for what he had done... All of this happened right after the world was starting to move on after the Jovan Belcher crime. So,you see,the scene was already set. Adam Lanza's relationship with his mother was already out of control. And when Jovan Belcher made national and world news,it's very likely that gave Adam Lanza the sick,deranged motive to proceed forward. Because of the timing,that's truly what I believe.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#471333 Dec 18, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
^^^^^Hey Topix Hick-upped...I only hit that once
TOPIX take care of that please....and Thank you
Don't be fooled by that imposter.
The original hick-up is the one and only.
Topix goofed!
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#471335 Dec 18, 2012
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
my beloved brother and my son babe
please?don't curse mentaly disturbed reincarnated jesus christ for 10AD named on this topic G_o_d
his lost his common sense because reincarnation came in 20 century 399 years to late.
also his designed primitive mind for year 1614,is not able to fit our age,our minds and our beliefs
just forgive this criple guy faken jesus christ,son of koresh,uncle of Manson,and grand son of Jim Jones
have good eving my dear sweet like honey comb dr reality,my son,and babe in Christ(you still need Gods milk from Gods breast)
,smile
Shrink,are you drunk?? God doesn't have 'breasts'! And stop calling me your little 'honeycomb'. That sounds so gay. I don't mean happy. How you doin'tonight,Shrink??:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471336 Dec 18, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the serpent in Genesis chapter 3 was Satan....
Nope. It was a snake. That is why, according to the myth, snakes don't have legs. Is this "Satan" you think exists legless and armless ?

The only use of the name Satan in the entire OT is in Job.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#471337 Dec 18, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Innocence Taken From Us.
Innocence was taken from us on Friday past.
Changing our lives and world so sudden and fast.
Little children so loving and innocent taken away.
Leaving all of us to grieve that dreadful day.
We look to God now for strength to carry on.
Praying for the little ones so tragically gone.
We stand in support of those that grieve.
Letting them know they're in our hearts where they will never leave.
And while we search for answers as to why.
We turn to each other to hold as we cry.
Taken way to soon, we will always remember.
The innocence lost on that dreadful day in December.
_______
God bless the children, and all the families and friends of those lost in Newtown.
God bless ...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471338 Dec 18, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall reading where he was given the option of repenting. I always understood that he rebelled, was cast out, and that was the end of it.
IOW his mind was made up with no intention of backing up ...was my understanding.
The only place in the OT which has Satan is in Job. Satan had nothing to repent, everything he did to Job was allowed by God. In Job, God and Satan are not enemies.

Location hidden

#471339 Dec 18, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is only the umpteenth time it's been discussed.
~channel check~
Who's got the remote?
I have the remote and you ain' big enough to take it away from me.But I might humm think about given it to you if you can answer my questions.Which came first the chicken or the egg??How come only hens can lay eggs??Where does the rooster fit in this picture??Why does only the rooster crow early of the morning and not the hen??So spin me a story tale here.Not sorry cause just wanted to mess with you lol.The wonder of it all God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min arrr 24,890
Dog was hit by a car. Who is responsible for what? 18 min Corbin KY 2009 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,492
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 985,590
2510 Cantrell Road Walmart's FRIED CHICKEN is a... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 2 hr Bug 2
Boone County/Petersburg Distillery workers in B... 4 hr Boone County Bourbon 1
More from around the web