Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#471197 Dec 17, 2012
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
He was an angel in heaven already- when he chose to rebel- then he chose not to repent and was cast out of heaven.
This has always made me wonder about the 'osas'...If an angel can have a change of fate...could not mere man?
He was not given a chance to repent Deb. He made his choice and his fate was sealed. To say he had a chance to repent is simply not true and is in direct contradiction to what God's Word says. God's Word clearly says that God cursed him above all cattle and above every beast of the field, and that he would eat dust all the days of his life.

Genesis 3:14.

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#471198 Dec 17, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that's not how I read it at all.
Here is what she posted; "Lucifer WAS a beloved and SAVED angel~".
It's true, Lucifer was beloved, and had the post of ended there it would of been correct. But she went on to include "and SAVED" and even highlighted the word using all CAPS to make her point.
And her point was "SAVED" ...in keeping with the flow of the ongoing OSAS conversation implying that Lucifer had lost his status in heaven, i.e. "WAS" along with his salvation, i.e. "SAVED".
No harm done; interpret as you wish, and so will I.
Fair enough.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#471199 Dec 17, 2012
Truths wrote:
He was an angel in heaven already- when he chose to rebel- then he chose not to repent and was cast out of heaven.
This has always made me wonder about the 'osas'...If an angel can have a change of fate...could not mere man?
I don't recall reading where he was given the option of repenting. I always understood that he rebelled, was cast out, and that was the end of it.

IOW his mind was made up with no intention of backing up ...was my understanding.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#471200 Dec 17, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not given a chance to repent Deb. He made his choice and his fate was sealed. To say he had a chance to repent is simply not true and is in direct contradiction to what God's Word says. God's Word clearly says that God cursed him above all cattle and above every beast of the field, and that he would eat dust all the days of his life.
Genesis 3:14.
14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
I'm sure that we are all aware that Satan used the serpent to speak through, and that God did curse the creature, but satan is a SPIRIT not a flesh and blood animal that requires anything physical to eat, although the snake has become a symbol and representative of the devil, it is still just a cold blood living creature while satan is and will always be a fallen angel.

Satan-a spirit being and adversary of God and man.
Serpent-a slithering cold blood and often dangerous manimal/animal.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#471201 Dec 17, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure that we are all aware that Satan used the serpent to speak through, and that God did curse the creature, but satan is a SPIRIT not a flesh and blood animal that requires anything physical to eat, although the snake has become a symbol and representative of the devil, it is still just a cold blood living creature while satan is and will always be a fallen angel.
Satan-a spirit being and adversary of God and man.
Serpent-a slithering cold blood and often dangerous manimal/animal.
Yes, the serpent in Genesis chapter 3 was Satan. Satan was either appearing as a serpent, possessing the serpent, or deceiving Adam and Eve into believing that it was the serpent who was talking to them. Serpents / snakes do not possess the ability to speak. Revelation 12:9 and 20:2 both describe Satan as a serpent.“He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years”(Revelation 20:2).“The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him”(Revelation 12:9).

While the Bible is not clear as to whether or not the serpent stood up or walked before the curse, it appears likely that like other reptiles it probably did walk on four legs. That would seem to be the best explanation of Genesis 3:14, "So the LORD God said to the serpent,‘Because you have done this, cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.’” The fact that the serpent was cursed to crawl on his belly and eat the dust of the earth forever is also a way of indicating that the serpent would be forever despised and looked upon as a vile and despicable creature and an object of scorn and contempt. Why did God curse the serpent when He knew that it was actually Satan who had led Adam and Eve into sin? The fate of the serpent is an illustration. The curse of the serpent will one day be the fate of Satan himself (Revelation 20:10; Ezekiel 28:18-19).

http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-serpent.htm...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#471202 Dec 17, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the serpent in Genesis chapter 3 was Satan. Satan was either appearing as a serpent, possessing the serpent, or deceiving Adam and Eve into believing that it was the serpent who was talking to them. Serpents / snakes do not possess the ability to speak. Revelation 12:9 and 20:2 both describe Satan as a serpent.“He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years”(Revelation 20:2).“The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him”(Revelation 12:9).
While the Bible is not clear as to whether or not the serpent stood up or walked before the curse, it appears likely that like other reptiles it probably did walk on four legs. That would seem to be the best explanation of Genesis 3:14, "So the LORD God said to the serpent,‘Because you have done this, cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.’” The fact that the serpent was cursed to crawl on his belly and eat the dust of the earth forever is also a way of indicating that the serpent would be forever despised and looked upon as a vile and despicable creature and an object of scorn and contempt. Why did God curse the serpent when He knew that it was actually Satan who had led Adam and Eve into sin? The fate of the serpent is an illustration. The curse of the serpent will one day be the fate of Satan himself (Revelation 20:10; Ezekiel 28:18-19).
http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-serpent.htm...
True that serpents don't actually speak, however this particular one did, as the Bible recorded a brief conversation between it and Eve calling God a liar and telljng her that Adam and her would NOT die but be as Gods being able to distinguish between good and evil. Jesus described satan as not only a liar but the FATHER of it.
And I think that it's safe to say that it was actually the serpent that Eve communicated with since God did say to it because you have done this you will be cursed above all cattle.
Satan used this guise true but he is still spirit angelic being and not flesh and blood.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471203 Dec 17, 2012
Part 1

Here For Now wrote:
Part 2
Nothing can separate a Christian from God’s love (Romans 8:38-39).
Nothing can remove a Christian from God’s hand (John 10:28-29).

Skombolis wrote:
Except a believer himself

2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

HFN wrote:
2 Timothy 2:8 ¶Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
2Timothy 2:8-13 Let suffering saints remember, and look to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of their faith, who for the joy that was set before him, endured the cross, despised the shame, and is now set down at the right hand of the throne of God. We must not think it strange if the best men meet with the worst treatment; but this is cheering, that the word of God is not bound. Here we see the real and true cause of the apostle's suffering trouble in, or for, the sake of the gospel. If we are dead to this world, its pleasures, profits, and honours, we shall be for ever with Christ in a better world. He is faithful to his threatenings, and faithful to his promises. This truth makes sure the unbeliever's condemnation, and the believer's salvation.

This says what I believe.

Continued
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471204 Dec 17, 2012
Part 2

Skombolis wrote:
Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
HFN wrote:
Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Romans 11:22-32 Of all judgments, spiritual judgments are the sorest; of these the apostle is here speaking. The restoration of the Jews is, in the course of things, far less improbable than the call of the Gentiles to be the children of Abraham; and though others now possess these privileges, it will not hinder their being admitted again. By rejecting the gospel, and by their indignation at its being preached to the Gentiles, the Jews were become enemies to God; yet they are still to be favoured for the sake of their pious fathers. Though at present they are enemies to the gospel, for their hatred to the Gentiles; yet, when God's time is come, that will no longer exist, and God's love to their fathers will be remembered. True grace seeks not to confine God's favour. Those who find mercy themselves, should endeavour that through their mercy others also may obtain mercy. Not that the Jews will be restored to have their priesthood, and temple, and ceremonies again; an end is put to all these; but they are to be brought to believe in Christ, the true become one sheep-fold with the Gentiles, under Christ the Great Shepherd. The captivities of Israel, their dispersion, and their being shut out from the church, are emblems of the believer's corrections for doing wrong; and the continued care of the Lord towards that people, and the final mercy and blessed restoration intended for them, show the patience and love of God.
I think this explains it.
Continued
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471205 Dec 17, 2012
Part3
Here is more.

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Romans 11:11-21 The gospel is the greatest riches of every place where it is. As therefore the righteous rejection of the unbelieving Jews, was the occasion of so large a multitude of the Gentiles being reconciled to God, and at peace with him; the future receiving of the Jews into the church would be such a change, as would resemble a general resurrection of the dead in sin to a life of righteousness. Abraham was as the root of the church. The Jews continued branches of this tree till, as a nation, they rejected the Messiah; after that, their relation to Abraham and to God was, as it were, cut off. The Gentiles were grafted into this tree in their room; being admitted into the church of God. Multitudes were made heirs of Abraham's faith, holiness and blessedness. It is the natural state of every one of us, to be wild by nature. Conversion is as the grafting in of wild branches into the good olive. The wild olive was often ingrafted into the fruitful one when it began to decay, and this not only brought forth fruit, but caused the decaying olive to revive and flourish. The Gentiles, of free grace, had been grafted in to share advantages. They ought therefore to beware of self-confidence, and every kind of pride or ambition; lest, having only a dead faith, and an empty profession, they should turn from God, and forfeit their privileges. If we stand at all, it is by faith; we are guilty and helpless in ourselves, and are to be humble, watchful, afraid of self-deception, or of being overcome by temptation. Not only are we at first justified by faith, but kept to the end in that justified state by faith only; yet, by a faith which is not alone, but which worketh by love to God and man.

If America does not turn back to God I can see God no longer working with us too, the same way He did with the Jews. Although it happened to the Jews so the Gentiles would have a chance. At least that’s how I see it.
----------

Skombolis wrote:
John 15
10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

HFN wrote:
Again if we are saved we will keep His commandments like He kept His Fathers and so abide in His love.

That’s my take on it.

I can’t believe Christmas is almost here. Thank god for the birth of Jesus! I have some wrapping to do!

(T) Peace back at ya.:)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471207 Dec 17, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you aren't feeling well my friend
Despite you not feeling well your post was in true form. I agree, all posters are regulars IMO and should be welcome regardless of belief. And i also agree just because someone disagrees doesn't mean their faith has been shaken. I would like to see all of us get a little better at not drawing lines in the sand over belief and to see the arrogance toned as well and i have been guilty of that myself. Most simply believe what they believe and share it in hopes in helps and because they believe their duty is to witness and because they enjoy discussing the Bible. Iron sharpens iron so differences can be a good thing. At minimum they shouldn't be a bad thing so long as people treat one another with respect.
Get better soon
(T) Peace
I’m feeling Better Skombolis, thanks for caring.

I agree with what you have said. But it just takes one to get it started. A lot of the time I can ignore but sometimes not and feel the need to speak out.

One Day (T) peace will come.:)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471208 Dec 17, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN, hope all is well with you and yours.
I have to agree with what you said in your post. I'm not sure where Lawest was trying to go with what he said. Because like you said Le_le and Roberta have been posting with us far longer than Lawest has.
I think it all boils down to the fact that him and Quin have decided to go on the attack against anyone that believes that once you're saved you're always saved. And when anyone stands up to their attacks like Le_le, Roberta, and many others have they become targeted for attack. It's been the M.O. of those 2 since the first day they showed up in here. And clearly they don't like it when people stand up to them.
Hope you have a great evening. God bless you my Sister in Christ.
Hey RA,
I just didn’t think it was nice. Neither was the way Grace W. was spoken to. I didn’t read her speaking that way to them.

I hope you have a good evening too Brother.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471209 Dec 17, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
When you look at what happened in Connecticut yesterday,that's one of many reasons why the Holy Bible says that Satan the devil will be punished,FOREVER,for all of the wickedness he has done and has inspired in wicked human beings.
Saying Hey to you DR.:)
I agree.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471210 Dec 17, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HRN,
You are one of the most respected posters on this thread..
Tried and true..
:)
Thank you, Thank you!
Thank you Le Le but I’m just an imperfect human. The Good is from God. The bad is me taking over.
Great seeing you here Lady.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471212 Dec 17, 2012
Hey Truths,
Good to see you. How are you?
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471214 Dec 17, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You are obviously very mixed up or you haven't been posting on this thread for very long, your friend DR for a long time have proven himself to be one of the nastiest and most immature people to post on this thread to call himself a christian, 9 out of 10 times he is the one who attacks other people for their lack of belief and for not agreeing with him, and he.calls this his way of leading people to Christ.
If you had any real Christ-like values yourself you would encourage him to not respond to me and to turn the other cheek if you truly believe that I am attacking him, again..........does say much for you after all.
Lawest my friend neither I, DR, or you are perfect, but DR believes and has asked God into his life, the same as you or I do and have. We are ALL at different places in our walk with God and learn as we grow in that walk. God will deal with us all, me included (!), when and as He sees fit. That does not mean we don’t believe, it means we are continuing to grow. I know I look at things differently as I grow. I have learned that some things are not as I once thought. Who knows what else He will show me. I can’t wait!:) God can and will.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471215 Dec 17, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a time and a place in life for everything.I often said,God moves in some mysterious ways and not all beliefs
are the same.Stone throwin,troublemakin,gossip is very destructive behavior this is just my opinion and even in thoses ones good things can be found.Give it all to God in prayer.I only posted to get folks to thinkin about all of this is all.Have no intentions of pointing fingers or arguing a point of any kind for I have not a doubt God shall show each the way.God bless Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and family.May your holidays be blessed happy ones with precious memories of 2012.Hug someone today for there may not be a tomorrow to do that hugging of that loved one.Have a good day God bless.
Hey IW,
I like this, especially God shall show each the way. Thank you for posting it. To me discussing it is one thing but name calling and harassing someone because of it isn’t. Bulling is not ok.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy those hugs from and to those you care about. I agree, hug them while you can.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471216 Dec 17, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, I bet you he's mortified...particularly that you've denied him the opportunity to plaster a 10 page response ..and then rebuttal...and rebuttal..and ...
Teasin' ya both :)
Hope you're feeling better,HFN, and if we don't cross paths again before Christmas , may yours be wonder-filled and blest:)
Hey Senecus,
I’m not one who really likes to debate but would rather share with others. But I will try to sometimes.:)

I am feeling better, thank you. I wish you a very Merry Christmas too.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#471217 Dec 17, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree. We should not divide over it. I mentioned to another poster that we all believe in the same God and almost the same way..Its the HOW...part that we seem to divide on. I try to get along with everyone and I was. Then one poster here decided to falsely accuse me of being someone named Cindy..And others followed his lead. I have only one screen name and thats who I have been since I joined in September. Now there are a few who has decided that I am a intruder because I am not a regular or because I am new..whatever their reasons are, I dont know!! Take care..
Hey Grace,
I’m glad you are here. For what it’s worth and at the risk of you being accused of becoming part of a clique, LOL, you are not an intruder but are welcomed here. I’m sure many others are glad you are here too.
HFN

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#471219 Dec 17, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Everyone... lawest, RA, Truths, LW, HU, Doc R, Shrinkster, G-man, RG, Eppie, BLL, Skom...
How's everything? Hey, no middle fingers please! Smile.
Can't stay too long folks but you know I always have something to say.
You didnt mention me but thats ok. I will still say hello to you..One day you will have to apologize to me for trying to spread lies about me and judging another Christian..In the meantime, I will forgive you because I Love God and He will handle you now
Doctor REALITY

United States

#471221 Dec 17, 2012
Truths wrote:
Lucifer WAS a beloved and SAVED angel~
Just sayin'
Lucifer was never 'saved',Deb. He was a totally sinless spirit being....until he CHOSE to turn against God. He wanted what God had: Worshipful adoration. He knew that he would never have God's Almighty power,but that didn't stop him from acting upon his 'thoughts'.'Thoughts' of what it would be like to have angelic beings gathering before him and telling him how splendid and marvelous he was. How wise and intelligent he was. And just because Lucifer was 'holy',he was not a pre-programmed robot. He was a living being with thoughts and emotions like any other spirit being the Lord God had created. There was no reason for Lucifer to have need of 'salvation'...because he was 'perfect in all of his ways from the day he was created.'(Ezekial 28-15) Therefore,when Lucifer...CHOSE to turn against God,turn against the total holiness that God had placed in his heart,mind,and soul,he was turning against the only 'hope' that his soul would ever know,because the Holy Bible makes it CLEAR that there will be no forgivness for the Wicked One once know as Lucifer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Nohweh 49,673
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 38 min poptropaa 44
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 647,075
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 182,660
I want a sugar daddy! (May '12) 1 hr Luke 115
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 105,692
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr DebraE 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 971,827
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 9 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web