Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#471135 Dec 16, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the response. This goes to the heart of my post...many Freewill/Arminians believe just what you posted here, that good works are a result of salvation and NOT a 'condition', again there are extremes but most in evangelical circles are "grace through faith"
<quoted text>
And again, those not of a Reformed/Calvinist position ,who share the "grace through faith" , would agree with this. So, you're really "preaching to the choir" to many here.
The line of demarcation? They (Arminians, for the most part) believe one can backslide to a "point of no return" while those on the Reformed (Calvinist) side see God "married to the backslider" and "squeaking in " to the other side. Now, of course this is a simplistic generalisation,and there are variables and degrees - but the "mode of salvation" is the same(essentially). Not something believer's should divide over and is ,as witnessed , a hearty 'in house' debate. Thanks for the correspondence:)
I absolutely agree. We should not divide over it. I mentioned to another poster that we all believe in the same God and almost the same way..Its the HOW...part that we seem to divide on. I try to get along with everyone and I was. Then one poster here decided to falsely accuse me of being someone named Cindy..And others followed his lead. I have only one screen name and thats who I have been since I joined in September. Now there are a few who has decided that I am a intruder because I am not a regular or because I am new..whatever their reasons are, I dont know!! Take care..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#471136 Dec 16, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LW..You deserve ALL the blessings from God. He knows your love for animals. We share that love also. I wished you lived here in NC, so I can send you all the unwanted little animals that are brought into the Vets office.:) Merry Christmas Whispers and hug all your little ones for me
Hi Grace;

I sure would take them and give them a home of homes with lots of love all rolled up in me.There are now nine dogs here with me.I am expecting a new baby llama in the spring.Got Doc the paint horse back in the summer which made Jack the minuature horse happy gave him some company.Still have all the rest of the other ones too.Had a family of racoons move in here,along with a few foxes,coyetoes still here too along with the deer.Bears are denned down for the wintertime until spring.How many cubs will be born in dens will not be known until mother brings them out.Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and family.Hope you and honey have a wonderful trip together and enjoy each other.God bless

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#471137 Dec 16, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Those whom Christ died for (christians,sheep,chosen,elect ,beloved, we love Him b/c He FIRST loved us) are already judged in Christ.....
Then why did you previously refer to yourself being judged in the future tense ?

If one has been judged already (in Christ(?)) then if one commits murder ( a hypothetical drunk driving fataly on New Years Eve) is one still forgiven ?

If so, then if an "already judged person" takes a gun and kills 20 children in CT are they still forgiven ?

Location hidden

#471139 Dec 16, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Got any skunks ? I think they are soooo cute. Thinking of getting a pet one.
Yes,of course I live rural.lol sorry have had a couple of interesting experiences with them.They make good pets if
depouched.But if you decide to get one just expect it to
want to sleep with you.I am serious they are much like a
cat in alot of respects.They are very smart critters too
learn real fast.If you get a baby start it out to a litter
box or newspaper training.Always warn any company to comes
to visit you about this pet or they be climbing the walls and furniture on the run.Good luck with this critters can be a ball
of laughs a minute.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#471140 Dec 16, 2012
Dryad wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Catholic?
Bonsoir Dryad, I am indeed Catholic and so is my soulmate. I like your avatar it is very nice.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471141 Dec 16, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,of course I live rural.lol sorry have had a couple of interesting experiences with them.They make good pets if
depouched.But if you decide to get one just expect it to
want to sleep with you.I am serious they are much like a
cat in alot of respects.They are very smart critters too
learn real fast.If you get a baby start it out to a litter
box or newspaper training.Always warn any company to comes
to visit you about this pet or they be climbing the walls and furniture on the run.Good luck with this critters can be a ball
of laughs a minute.
Thanks, they seem to be much like ferrets. My ferrets liked to curl up with me and the litter box training is the same. I don't think I will have a problem with one...or two.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471143 Dec 16, 2012
It is interesig that the OSAS doctrine did not exist until 500 years ago.

1500 years of being wrong. So much for the infalibility of Christian religions.

Seems the churches, the authors of the Gospels, Paul and the other men are flawed.

As usual I ask, "What did Jesus say ?"

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#471144 Dec 16, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree. We should not divide over it. I mentioned to another poster that we all believe in the same God and almost the same way..Its the HOW...part that we seem to divide on. I try to get along with everyone and I was. Then one poster here decided to falsely accuse me of being someone named Cindy..And others followed his lead. I have only one screen name and thats who I have been since I joined in September. Now there are a few who has decided that I am a intruder because I am not a regular or because I am new..whatever their reasons are, I dont know!! Take care..
Good evening Grace, hope you're having a great night.

You bring up a great point in your post. You said quote: "I try to get along with everyone and I was. Then one poster here decided to falsely accuse me of being someone named Cindy..And others followed his lead."

If you noticed the ones that followed Quin's lead and falsely accused you of being Cindy (particularly Lawest) are the same ones that have joined Quin in attacking, bashing and mocking "once saved always saved" and those that believe that's what God's Holy Word clearly teaches. That's what people do when they can't civilly argue against something. They go on personal attacks on those that oppose them.

Sadly that's the way Quin and Lawest (in particular) have been since they first showed up in here. Their M.O's. have always been to try to lie about and attack anyone that doesn't agree with them. And as you can see by the posts from people like Le_le, HFN, you, me, etc... people have seen them doing it many times before and are calling them out on their lies and attacks on people. And as you can see when people call them out on their actions the response back is more lies and attacks.

Like I said it's what they do. And those of us that have been posting in here since the 2 of them showed up have seen them doing what they do many many times before. It truly is sad to see.

And despite the fact that they've been called out on what they do by many posters in here they just keep on doing it. The 2 of them are 2 of the most self-righteous egotistical posters in all of Topix. That's why I wasn't a bit surprised when Le_le showed up and pointed that out. Because she's always been very perceptive and is good at spotting the kind of stuff Quin and Lawest try to pull from a mile away.

Hope you have a great night. I'm about to turn in myself. God bless.

Location hidden

#471145 Dec 16, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, they seem to be much like ferrets. My ferrets liked to curl up with me and the litter box training is the same. I don't think I will have a problem with one...or two.
I think you would find much pleasure with a pet one.My experience was them getting into my hen house after the eggs.The wild one will kill hens too.So you can understand my lol.Imagine my surprise when we found each other in the hen house.lol.I made it out of the hen house before he sprayed but the hen house sure caught the business.lol.It is all part of living rural.Over the years have taken several wild critter who were orphaned and raised them but skunk was not one of them.That why I said to warn company who come to visit.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471146 Dec 16, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you would find much pleasure with a pet one.My experience was them getting into my hen house after the eggs.The wild one will kill hens too.So you can understand my lol.Imagine my surprise when we found each other in the hen house.lol.I made it out of the hen house before he sprayed but the hen house sure caught the business.lol.It is all part of living rural.Over the years have taken several wild critter who were orphaned and raised them but skunk was not one of them.That why I said to warn company who come to visit.
I can imagine the suprise of an uninformed guest! LOL
Esp. when I scoop up the critter and give it a hug and a kiss on the nose.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#471147 Dec 16, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>"Pinheads?" Matthew 5:22 comes to mind, but that's just me, I guess.

Pardon me, Roberta G, but not sweating the small things is much different from giving others occasion to question our faith, because we choose to continue in practices that were fulfilled by our anointed Savior on the cross. In my most humble opinion, sweating a small thing would be calling a photograph and idol, but that's far from the case in what Paul taught.

It troubles me to know that such a belief, as your's, is exactly what encourages and strengthens the doubt, skepticism, opposition, and argument, of the atheist. In almost every debate I've had with atheists, they've vehemently declared that Paul contradicted our anointed Savior. And I've found that not many of those I debated made such declarations based on their own examinations of Paul's writings, but the interpretations of the average "Christian" instead. It's obvious, to me, that neither, the atheists I've debated, nor a good number of average "Christians," understand Paul's writings, and that's an issue that, in my opinion, must be dealt with.

Do I insist that every believer learn every verse of the "old covenant" texts? Of course, not. But, I believe it's vital that we learn as much as possible, as it's the "old covenant" texts that explain, in detail, exactly which laws were to be fulfilled on the cross. To even think that "Thou shalt not commit adultery" has been fulfilled, in my opinion, is utter foolishness.

You asked, "Isn't fretting about such things rejection of God's grace and what Jesus did for us?"

My answer is, no. If I notice a brother beginning to lust after our neighbor's wife (Lord forbid), simply by his conversation, it's my responsibility, as a believer, to correct him and set him aright. This way, not only am I disallowing my brother to take for granted grace, but I'm also not held responsible for allowing him to continue in sinful thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech, if he (Lord forbid) chose to continue on his destructive course. What you quoted, from Paul, is no different.

Paul was discussing those laws that were fulfilled on the cross.

Again, if anyone chooses to remain performing any of these things, it's our responsibility to warn them of this error, as this'll prove nothing less than a lack of faith in what our anointed Savior fulfilled. Such concern for each other is far from knit-picking, fretting, or even being legalistic. Such concern for one another is love.

Thank you for your time and consideration, Roberta G.
Until next time...

May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and your's.
PART I

I’ll take this point by point.

You said
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Pardon me, Roberta G, but not sweating the small things is much different from giving others occasion to question our faith…In my most humble opinion, sweating a small thing would be calling a photograph and idol, but that's far from the case in what Paul taught.

It troubles me to know that such a belief, as yours, is exactly what encourages and strengthens the doubt, skepticism, opposition, and argument, of the atheist. In almost every debate I've had with atheists, they've vehemently declared that Paul contradicted our anointed Savior.
First of all, I am VERY offended that you claim “my beliefs trouble you.” Rest assured my faith is alive and well, because it is based on JESUS, and ON HIS SACRIFICIAL DEATH AND GLORIOUS RESURRECTION.

Location hidden

#471148 Dec 16, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I can imagine the suprise of an uninformed guest! LOL
Esp. when I scoop up the critter and give it a hug and a kiss on the nose.
lol lol lol yep think you postively need to get one for company.
Then find a unusural name to name it.

Location hidden

#471149 Dec 16, 2012
PART II

Second, that is EXACTLY WHAT PAUL PREACHED.
_____

Romans 3:25 GOD PRESENTED CHRIST AS A SACRIFICE OF ATONEMENT, THROUGH THE SHEDDING OF HIS BLOOD—TO BE RECEIVED BY FAITH.
Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, WE HAVE PEACE WITH GOD THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.
Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
1 Corinthians 1:23 …WE PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles…
1 Corinthians 15: 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith…16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And IF CHRIST HAS NOT BEEN RAISED, YOUR FAITH IS FUTILE; you are still in your sins…19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

20 BUT CHRIST HAS INDEED BEEN RAISED FROM THE DEAD. 21 FOR SINCE DEATH CAME THROUGH A MAN, THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD COMES ALSO THROUGH A MAN.
Galatians 3:1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.

Now, I can’t be responsible for whether others question my or “our” faith. Don’t you know there are people who will find fault with everything? I have not the slightest doubt that even Billy Graham’s faith has been questioned from time to time, and that should not be a surprise to you. If people questioned JESUS’ faith, why would they not question yours or mine?

As for what they think of what Paul preached, since the man has been dead and gone for nearly 2000 years, I doubt he’s bothered by it. But let’s let him speak for himself:

Galatians 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 …I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!
_________

Location hidden

#471150 Dec 16, 2012
PART III (Conclusion)

You said
Brother Lee Love wrote:
“Do I insist that every believer learn every verse of the "old covenant" texts? Of course not. But I believe it's vital that we learn…as it's the "old covenant" texts that explain, in detail, exactly which laws were to be fulfilled on the cross. To even think that "Thou shalt not commit adultery" has been fulfilled, in my opinion, is utter foolishness.”
I’ll tell you what was “foolish”--for you to quote back at me that “old covenant” business. First, I said “Old TESTAMENT,” NOT “old COVENANT” and I do NOT appreciate being DELIBERATELY misquoted.(Doing so DELIBERATELY was exactly what you did, so don’t bother denying it). Second, that was ONLY an example of the kind of legalistic knots that legalists so love to see others tied in—ONLY an example, and you knew that.

Far more important, however, is your flawed understanding of Jesus’ purpose here on earth. Jesus Himself said “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them”[Matthew 5:17]. Do you deny that He did indeed fulfill the whole Law, not just selected portions of it?

Jesus’ fulfillment of the Law was in fact perfect and complete:“For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command:‘Love your neighbor as yourself’”[Galatians 5:14].

Yes, fretting about details such as the origins of the custom of Christmas trees, whether having one beer** with a pizza is a sin--“sweating the small stuff”--such things are indeed a rejection of God's grace and what Jesus did for us. That is not, repeat NOT the same as ignoring sin! I would agree that we have a responsibility to warn others, especially our loved ones, of the dangers of sin, but in the event they sin anyway, THEY are guilty before the Lord, not us.

Again, however, you deliberately took my words out of context. I was speaking NOT of sinful acts such as adultery, but of the sort of things that Paul meant in Colossians 2:

________

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility…disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind…

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, WHY, AS THOUGH YOU STILL BELONGED TO THE WORLD, DO YOU SUBMIT TO ITS RULES: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules…are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

I WILL NOT be distracted from focusing on God’s grace by YOU or anyone else, Bro. I do my best to avoid sinning for many reasons, the most important of which is that I LOVE JESUS AND I WANT TO PLEASE HIM. And I am convinced that working to EARN salvation, by ANY kind of works at all would be very sinful indeed, since I am profoundly aware that all my works would be as filthy rags in His sight. Instead I will proudly wear the new robes of righteousness Jesus has given me, blessed be His name &#61514;

And by the way, the word is “shalom,” not “shalowm.”

**Just for the record, I don’t drink beer at all, and I rarely take alcohol of any kind. I think the last time I had any kind of alcoholic beverage was when my husband and I celebrated our silver wedding anniversary in March, and I had a margarita while dining out.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471151 Dec 16, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol lol lol yep think you postively need to get one for company.
Then find a unusural name to name it.
If it is a girl I'll name her Rose. LOL

Location hidden

#471152 Dec 16, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is a girl I'll name her Rose. LOL
Rose it is.lol if you make this happen let me know
how it all works out okay.

Location hidden

#471153 Dec 16, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
HI Roberta G!
Nice to meet you..
:)
Thanks, it's nice to meet you, too :)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471154 Dec 16, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose it is.lol if you make this happen let me know
how it all works out okay.
Will do. Thanks.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#471155 Dec 16, 2012
Doctor REALTY wrote:
http://politix.topix.com/homep age/3802-obama-we-are-not-doin g-enough-and-we-will-have-to-c hange Remember how,after September 11th,many passengers on U.S.planes started WATCHING certain passengers more?? Remember that?? Still goes on today,unfortunately. But that's just the REALITY of the post-September 11th world we live in now. The time is LONG OVERDUE for each and every person somehow involved in the lives of potentially troubled youth,and people in general,to STOP,LOOK,AND LISTEN for the SIGNS of potential trouble from any,and every,indiviual showing the typical SIGNS of being someone who could explode without warning. I'm talking about the anti-social loners,the erratic behaviour,cruelty to animals and small creatures,obsession with firearms,rudeness towards parents and adults in general,etc etc etc etc... Society can longer afford to just IGNORE these people like they're just a bad dream that will go away if ignored!!! It's way past time for all Americans to watch for any signs from anyone in their neighborhoods,their households,their schools,their cities,their states,etc etc etc to either reach out to them,or to someone who can help them overcome their demons!! The precious INNOCENT citizens of our world are depending on us to find and help these people before they can do something that will ruin the lives of others,and potentially damn their own souls before Almighty God!! This is Doctor REALITY of the United States of America. Have a wonderful evening and week everyone.
I set my camera on it's tripod to take a few pictures and then went to get my laptop for downloading. The laptop was packed away on the elephant and the damn elephant ran off. Now what to do ...

I knew the elephant wouldn't go far, it's just that the gov frowns on using elephants as pack animals because they leave such a path of destruction in their wake.

So I repacked the camera, folded up the tripod, and climbed on my horse to run the elephant down. With a sack of peanuts I had the elephant eating out of my hand and led it back to the area where I wanted to take the photographs ...but by now the aliens had arrived.

Knowing that the aliens would shrink the elephant so that it would fit in the pot ...(the aliens prefer to cook elephants alive, like we do lobster, but they must first be shrunk down to pot size) I had no choice but to hide out until the aliens departed.

Have you ever tried to hide an elephant?

So I returned to my camp in the cave, knowing that aliens refuse to enter caves because they are afraid of bats, and the elephant would be safe there. After hobbling the elephant and the horse I set about cooking myself some beanie-batties and fried corn bread.

And then it started to rain. So I closed the window, laughed at that silly dream, and rolled over to go back to sleep.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#471156 Dec 17, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
....If you noticed the ones that followed Quin's lead and falsely accused you of being Cindy (particularly Lawest) are the same ones that have joined Quin in attacking, bashing and mocking "once saved always saved" and those that believe that's what God's Holy Word clearly teaches.....
You have difficulty with either reality or honesty.

There are about 1 billion Christians that do not believein OSAS. The concept of OSAS did not exist prior to 1500 AD.

Funny that Christians believed they were saved for 300 years without the Bible and for 1500 years without OSAS. That is a few billion Christians who knew nothing of God or Jesus.

You aren't much different from me, RA. I think almost all Christians have it wrong while you think only your particular minority sect has it perfectly correct.

Once you realize that your sect might be wrong, you will be no different from me. Ain't that a hoot ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min River Tam 92,720
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min MUQ2 286,086
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 46,040
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,101
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 3 hr truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 4 hr raj 37
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr trifecta1 979,463
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web