Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#470999 Dec 16, 2012
I know a lot a people won't like this,but I feel like this is the truth: In my opinion....one of the main people,other than his 'absent father', who was responsible for what Adam Lanza did Friday....unfortunately,was his own mother,Nancy. I'm sorry,but when you,as a parent,are a 'gun fanatic',who always practiced at a firingrange,and even took Adam Lanza with that range to practice with you,THAT,along with whatever domestic problems they were having at home,was the 'seed' that produced the cowardly acts he perpetrated Friday. I mean,if he hated his mother enough to kill her,that's one thing. But to drive to her school and attack all of those innocent children and adults??....like I said,I HOPE he's suffering in hell. And I mean that. I'm sick and tired of society feeling sorry for and making excuses for these sick,evil cowards.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#471000 Dec 16, 2012
hick-up wrote:
Is it possible for a believer to lose their mind?
Is it possible for one whose name "is" written in the Lambs Book of Life to lose their mind ...to lose their mental faculty's to the point of becoming evil?
I had a few extra minutes and dropped in to read...

I find you question a bit disturbing. Are you asking if mental illness comes from this satan guy...punishment from God???

Is sanity a reward for good behavior...mental illness a punishment from God...or did the devil move in and take over???

"H"...Throughout history people have seen mental illness in this way. IMO because of this there have been many that would not seek the help they needed. They were embarrassed...ashamed...and tried to hide it.

Mental illness is just that...and illness. Just like cancer...heart disease...etc etc. The difference is that society has not placed such a stigma on those diseases as they have mental illness.

http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/mental-hea...

From the above site...

What are the causes of mental illness? Although the exact cause of most mental illnesses is not known, it is becoming clear through research that many of these conditions are caused by a combination of biological, psychological, and environmental factors.

Are believers immune to the above conditions...not in my opinion. If they can have cancer...why not mental illness? If they can heart disease...why not mental illness?

Micah was on numerous occasions told he had cancer because God was punishing him. Was that true??? If so...what a cruel god. Or did the devil do it???

I can tell you from first hand experience...the mentally ill will at times know right from wrong...sometimes they don't. When my husband was at his worse...he was unbearably verbal abusive. Moments later he would be in tears apologizing...only within a short period of time return to the verbal abuse. He knew what he was doing...he just couldn't always control it. Then there were times that I honestly don't think he knew what he was doing...I don't know.

So...will one's name be erased from this book? Is God going to punish someone for an illness?

Obviously many people hope that God will. I think for some that makes them feel a little better about such atrocities that occur. For some I think that it makes them feel just a little bit more righteous. God will surely ignore their petty little sins.

Until we stop looking at mental illness from a God/satan angle...stop putting that stigma on to it...people will continue to be ashamed and not seek the medical help that they need. We will continue to have events such as this most recent happen.

Maybe you should ask the questions...

Did God give mental issues to this young man as a punishment...or did satan win his battle with him?

Or "H"...Does sh't just happen?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#471001 Dec 16, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a few extra minutes and dropped in to read...
I find you question a bit disturbing. Are you asking if mental illness comes from this satan guy...punishment from God???
Is sanity a reward for good behavior...mental illness a punishment from God...or did the devil move in and take over???
"H"...Throughout history people have seen mental illness in this way. IMO because of this there have been many that would not seek the help they needed. They were embarrassed...ashamed...and tried to hide it.
Mental illness is just that...and illness. Just like cancer...heart disease...etc etc. The difference is that society has not placed such a stigma on those diseases as they have mental illness.
http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/mental-hea...
From the above site...
What are the causes of mental illness? Although the exact cause of most mental illnesses is not known, it is becoming clear through research that many of these conditions are caused by a combination of biological, psychological, and environmental factors.
Are believers immune to the above conditions...not in my opinion. If they can have cancer...why not mental illness? If they can heart disease...why not mental illness?
Micah was on numerous occasions told he had cancer because God was punishing him. Was that true??? If so...what a cruel god. Or did the devil do it???
I can tell you from first hand experience...the mentally ill will at times know right from wrong...sometimes they don't. When my husband was at his worse...he was unbearably verbal abusive. Moments later he would be in tears apologizing...only within a short period of time return to the verbal abuse. He knew what he was doing...he just couldn't always control it. Then there were times that I honestly don't think he knew what he was doing...I don't know.
So...will one's name be erased from this book? Is God going to punish someone for an illness?
Obviously many people hope that God will. I think for some that makes them feel a little better about such atrocities that occur. For some I think that it makes them feel just a little bit more righteous. God will surely ignore their petty little sins.
Until we stop looking at mental illness from a God/satan angle...stop putting that stigma on to it...people will continue to be ashamed and not seek the medical help that they need. We will continue to have events such as this most recent happen.
Maybe you should ask the questions...
Did God give mental issues to this young man as a punishment...or did satan win his battle with him?
Or "H"...Does sh't just happen?
what a vulgar whiner

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#471002 Dec 16, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion- you aren't regulars.
Not that it matters to me- yet you felt you had to remind RG
of that fact.
I believe you to be an elitist.
You have failed in every thread you have bullied
yourself into.All in the name of the Lord..Shame on you.
Even here- you have insulted some of our most beloved..
Again- you claim you do it in the Name of Christ?
I truly believe you are not doing the "good works" here
on earth that you think you are.I don't think any "blow hard for Jesus"
is..
I know, I know, I am picking on you..
Sorry. Don't mean to be.
LeLe...what does it take to be a regular? Did you have to be here from the very beginning? Did you have to have posted on the "Jesus Loves Me" thread?(I think that was the name of it).

"H" has posted about all of you that posted together for so long and changed threads together.

For me it doesn't matter if I am consider a regular or an outsider. I have basically turned my key in to this place and only drop in now when someone has left the door ajar. I am just curious...what makes one a regular?

After saying all of that...I am glad to see you back posting some...and despite if my toes feel stepped on or not...I love your "tell it like it is" openness...even when I don't agree!

Love ya LeLe!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#471003 Dec 16, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You are obviously very mixed up or you haven't been posting on this thread for very long, your friend DR for a long time have proven himself to be one of the nastiest and most immature people to post on this thread to call himself a christian, 9 out of 10 times he is the one who attacks other people for their lack of belief and for not agreeing with him, and he.calls this his way of leading people to Christ.
If you had any real Christ-like values yourself you would encourage him to not respond to me and to turn the other cheek if you truly believe that I am attacking him, again..........does say much for you after all.
One last response and then I am out of here again.

I wonder...does DR get those pats on the back...told what a good Christian boy he is...because he is only saying what others think but won't allow themselves to say?

He has attacked everyone on this thread at one time or another. He was cruel to a dying man and told him God was punishing him. He compared me to a prostitute and even said I should be raped, beaten and murdered. Yet some will just say that he was "keeping it REAL".

He brought in to this thread...racism and bigotry.

He has wished people dead and burning in hell.

Yet he continues to get those "good boy" greetings.

He throws out a few "Lord Almighty"s...a few "God Bless"s and that seems to be enough for some.

I could go on...just not worth my time.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#471004 Dec 16, 2012
Good Morning Ladies and Gents... we made it to another day and very thankful. Please remember those who are sick and those who are grieving over the loss of a loved one(s).

God loves you all... may His unfailing love be your comfort as He merciful. For Believers: Not only will His staff comfort but His rod will chasten. Do not become discouraged when He chastens... if you are not chastened then you don't belong to Him.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#471005 Dec 16, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
To BLL.

First of all myself nor anyone else has ever said that "salvation wasn't available before Jesus Christ was crucified" as you seem to be insinuating in the first line of your post.

Now having said that let me say this. I won't go round and round with you or anyone else about this anymore. We will have to agree to disagree on many things. Because I believe that much of what you're saying and much of what you believe contradicts what is said in God's Word. And that you're taking many things said in God's Word completely out of context.

Here's an example of that. You keep saying quote: "our righteousness". We have no righteousness of "our own". We have the "righteousness of God through our faith in Jesus Christ". Saying "our righteousness" is giving us credit for what God has done. Or simply put, something we've attained because of "our works". Which is something you and the others that believe that "we can lose our salvation after God has given it to us" have so badly missed the mark on.

I hope and pray that someday you and those that share your beliefs will realize that we are saved by grace. And that works can't save you or anyone else.
First, I replied to this, but it went lost. I apologize. But, what I'll say now, is that you're, obviously, not reading my posts fully.

I can't remember who it was, but they did say that salvation wasn't offered before the crucifixion. They went so far as to say that only Abraham, of all those before the crucifixion, was the only one to be granted everlasting life. I couldn't help but assume that this OSAS believer didn't believe in something, or anything, different than other OSAS believers. From now on, the doctrine of OSAS is under much scrutiny, even more-so than before.

Saying that you won't go "'round and 'round" with me says a lot about your level of compassion and understanding. If you believe I'm in error, don't you even think it might be your responsibility to lead me from my destructive path? Don't you think it's vital to show how I contradict what's written, by addressing my quotes, assertions, and interpretation of what I quote? If I'm taking scripture out of context, wouldn't it benefit, not only the both of us, but all those that read our posts, to address my quotes, to show my contradictions?

It's odd, with your insistence, that you've not done this, yet. If you had quoted a scripture and added commentary and interpretation to prove your point, and you were wrong (as I believe), I would have addressed your quote, commentary, and interpretation. I only thought it reasonable to expect the same in return.

As to "our righteousness," have you not read my post regarding this? Did I not say that any righteousness can't be "ours," as righteousness begins with our Father? Did you not read how I said that any righteousness, on our part, is only what we've learned, imitated, and made our own, by what originated with Father? Regardless, do you reject what John wrote? Paraphrased, we are righteous even as our anointed Savior is righteous! Do you reject what John wrote? You know...you can always address the verses I quote, you know...

I ask you, what is "grace," specifically? And please, don't give me the dictionary's definition. What's the definition of "grace" in the bible? How does "grace" benefit us? How are we saved with "grace?" What does "grace" save us from? Are we putting faith in "grace," or "salvation?" Is "grace" our gift, or "salvation?"

Actually, allow me to ask you this. Which law does grace in our anointed Savior fulfill? Regarding the law of adultery, show me where this law is fulfilled in our anointed Savior?

Please, do not provide a scripture that can be open to interpretation. I'm asking for specifics, or a verse that can be proven with a minor amount of deductive (not circular) reasoning.

What say you, my friend?

#471006 Dec 16, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LeLe...what does it take to be a regular? Did you have to be here from the very beginning? Did you have to have posted on the "Jesus Loves Me" thread?(I think that was the name of it).
"H" has posted about all of you that posted together for so long and changed threads together.
For me it doesn't matter if I am consider a regular or an outsider. I have basically turned my key in to this place and only drop in now when someone has left the door ajar. I am just curious...what makes one a regular?
After saying all of that...I am glad to see you back posting some...and despite if my toes feel stepped on or not...I love your "tell it like it is" openness...even when I don't agree!
Love ya LeLe!
Good Morning Annie, perhaps she is referring to being accepted and conforming to a certain type of clique?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#471007 Dec 16, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
Hey Skom...
Part 2..The interesting part..The New Covenant. remember on Mt. Sinai. 50 days after FIRST Passover,10 commandments given, 3000 souls died..
On Mt Zion.."50" days after passover festival, The Holy Spirit came.ACTS 2:2-13 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.ACTS 2:16-21 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17 ¬ĎAnd it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;....3000 souls were SAVED that day..
It is interesting to note that on the day Moses came down from the mountain 3000 were slain, but on the day the church was established in Mount Zion, 3000 were saved. The law of Moses was a law of spiritual death because nobody could keep it perfectly, but the law of Christ is a law of life because it provides for the forgiveness of our sins.
Exodus 32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.
Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. AMEN...
Hello Skom,
Will you take a few minutes and listen to this link that I provided? It actually speaks of every subject and verse that has been discussed these last couple of days. There are 2 parts but he explains "Grace'. OSAS, better then I could ever do..

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

#471008 Dec 16, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>I'm tired of trying to stuff your brain with Biblical common sense. That's all.
Happiness is a warm blanket as Linus would say Doc... OSAS Gospel Lite is a gnostical/calvinistic invention. Ever wonder why Calvin didn't dare go into Revelation, except making the excuse that it was just a canon? Because it blows his OSAS theory out of the water...You don't know even know what I'm talking about do you?

You can have your blanky Doc... I won't ever speak to you directly of OSAS again. Not until you're ready to grow up. Bye for now.

#471009 Dec 16, 2012
REVELATION

Revelation 1:9 (Part 3 continued 2)

"I, John, YOUR BROTHER AND COMPANION IN THE suffering and KINGDOM and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

1. IN THE KINGDOM - Those who are wealthy will hardly be able to enter the Kingdom of God... unless they are poor in spirit.

A. "Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God..." Mark 10:23

B. "Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?" James 2:5

(1) Not all the poor will enter the Kingdom of God either... it's just that they have more capacity to be able to receive the Gospel more than the rich because of their humble circumstances...while the rich usually puts more trusts in their wealth. Would they give up their wealth to be with Jesus? It would be harder. Now, no man will be able to come to the Father 'cept through Jesus. And Jesus will judge the true motives of everyone's heart on Judgement Day.

a. Job: "...who shows no partiality to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?"

C. When Jesus was on earth "in the flesh"... He made a prophecy referencing Himself and those who are saved - in which He said:

* Jesus: "Then the King will say to those on his right,'Come, you who are blessed by my Father (He's referring to those poor in spirit and rich towards God)... take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." Matthew 25:34

Continued...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#471010 Dec 16, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
How is this proof of a Christian losing salvation? I am beginning to think you are a poster that comes on here named Lie Buster..Are you him? You have the same style of posting and just as religious as he was on a lot of other threads. Lie Buster always tried to discredit anything that I posted and you do the same thing..Hmmmmm??? Good night Lie Buster
For the record, I don't believe Qu-innocence is LiesBuster.

I had quite the interesting meeting with LiesBuster not too long ago. Then, he started following me in ever thread I'd visit, wholly disrespecting me every chance they got. He seemed civil, to me, right up until I suggested that he humble himself and consider the possibility that he might be in error...in just one point, and that he must stand firm in the faith instead of resorting to name-calling, so forth and so on. In my humble opinion, he was acting very un-Christlike toward those he was arguing with. And that's all it took. From that point on, I, in his eyes, became public enemy number one! I became stupid, ignorant, arrogant, prideful, I knew nothing of the bible, history, anything, nothing.

I see a major difference between Qu-innocence and LiesBuster.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

#471011 Dec 16, 2012
Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide.
Sequel Part 9.75

"Do you want to be shown, you senseless person, that faith without works is barren?"

James 2:20

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#471012 Dec 16, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what a vulgar whiner
LOL Do you really think that I care what you think of me "T"?

Why would I worry about someone that runs around telling everyone that they need to "GET SAVED" and then behaves in a manner that is anything but saved?

I know...you are one of those "once saved always saved"...you're going to heaven no matter what you post on Topix...right???

Qu needs look no further than you to find examples of "once saved always saved" gone bad.

Letting your light shine...doing "good works"...makes no difference to you because you are "saved"...going to heaven regardless of what you do. You should stay on this thread...you will find many that agree with your methods.

Why would I let someone like you influence anything in my life...I do not want to be like you Clownie.

So say what you want to about me...LOL

#471013 Dec 16, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>For the record, I don't believe Qu-innocence is LiesBuster.
I had quite the interesting meeting with LiesBuster not too long ago. Then, he started following me in ever thread I'd visit, wholly disrespecting me every chance they got. He seemed civil, to me, right up until I suggested that he humble himself and consider the possibility that he might be in error...in just one point, and that he must stand firm in the faith instead of resorting to name-calling, so forth and so on. In my humble opinion, he was acting very un-Christlike toward those he was arguing with. And that's all it took. From that point on, I, in his eyes, became public enemy number one! I became stupid, ignorant, arrogant, prideful, I knew nothing of the bible, history, anything, nothing.
I see a major difference between Qu-innocence and LiesBuster.
Until next time...
Shalowm.
Good Morning Bro... you're right... I don't even bother to respond to such foolishness anymore. And also for the record, for your own discretion, I told the truth concerning RA t-mailing me about Irrira. It's just a cross I'm going to have to bear for those who don't believe me... but God knows my friend. Smile.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#471014 Dec 16, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide.
Sequel Part 9.75
"Do you want to be shown, you senseless person, that faith without works is barren?"
James 2:20
Once,and for all,OPEN YOUR BRAIN....AND LISTEN!!!: If 'once saved,always saved' isn't REAL,then it would have been wrong for the thief on the cross to receive salvation as he was dying on that cross....BECAUSE..the only 'work' that he had time to accomplish was...HIS-FAITH-IN-THE-LORD'S- PROMISE!!!! El Comprende'???!!:
Doctor REALITY

United States

#471015 Dec 16, 2012
This is Doctor REALITY of the blessed United States of America,and I'm just keepin' it REAL. Have a wonderful Sunday all.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#471016 Dec 16, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>How many times did you lose your salvation yesterday?? Since your 'sin nature' is still a part of who you are,you probably lost it more times than you REALIZE,huh?? Did you repent of ALL of your sins yesterday,to make SURE you don't end up in hell without REALIZING 'WHY'?? You pentecost folks live such ignorant 'sinking in quicksand' faiths.(or the lack thereof)
I'm not "pentecostal" pee brain, and at this point I would never accuse you of having loss your salvation since it is obvious that you never had it to begin with, so why don't you truly repent and follow the package plan of repentance as outlined in Acts 2:38 and other scriptures, then we'll see how long you can hold on to true salvation.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#471017 Dec 16, 2012

#471018 Dec 16, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, Adam & Eve...Did the devil really MAKE THEM do it? That would be a good discussion perhaps sometime in the future, Lordwiling. JMO.
<quoted text>IMHO, If the person was genuinely contrite and there were undeniable fruits of repentance... then yes, I believe that person can be forgiven. But though they may be forgiven, doesn't mean that they will be altogether unpunished though and will suffer some kind of loss.(perhaps sometime we could also discuss THIEF OF THE CROSS CONVERSION versus what is known as death-bed conversions ---> the premeditated ones).
<quoted text>10-4
Welp folks, I wrote this to HU last night... I may have to go into the thief's "non-premeditated" cross conversion sooner than I thought! Smile... no rush though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 658,593
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 974,706
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr gundee123 4,973
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr It aint necessari... 70,691
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 3,021
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr ruth93less 75
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 183,456
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr here 282,955
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 6 hr Hilary 95
More from around the web