Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470901 Dec 15, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
McVeigh went straight to hell.
Not according to your 'once saved always saved' doctrine he didn't.
Pete

Belvidere, IL

#470902 Dec 15, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
That KIND of spirit..........
Religion is a learned human behavior....learned, not real. A fantasy world. Human brainwashing at its most primitive.You have to love all the "Holy Wars"...."Martyr " and Warren Jeffs of the Holy World.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470904 Dec 15, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
McVeigh went straight to hell.
So there is no such thing as OSAS or pretty much any salvation for anyone except you, right ?

McVeigh was a Christian and his terrorist act (mass murder) was a direct retaliation for the Waco Massacre.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#470905 Dec 15, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>If a person is truly saved,the 'works' will be evident....
By that measure, you are surely damned.
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#470906 Dec 15, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't recall mentioning your name, but perhaps it is best that we simply drop it.
Have a Blessed night HFN.
No Lawest you did not mention my or others names but you were talking about believers of once saved always saved so yes you were talking about me and others in here.

I would think you could understand someone not liking your words, but yes, dropping it is most likely a good idea.

I don’t feel like a long drawn out argument anyway.

You have a blessed night too.
HFN

“"None shall pass"”

There

#470908 Dec 15, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And if I don't have one then I am still leagues above YOU in intelligence, lol.
Rider is a living breathing person that you've just wished death on you "great christian".
DR is not a believer in anything but his own ego.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#470909 Dec 15, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Wishing death on someone my "good christian friend"????? You are the worst kind of hypocrite and a joke of a human being, when GW defended you for my calling you a creep..........that said as much about her as it does for you.
Its OK for YOU to make a judgement on Dr Reality but not ok for him to retaliate back?? And YOU call him a hypocrite? What is a "better kind of Hypocrite" since he is "the worst kind"? Then you believe that you can even judge my character because I defended him?? Are you God? This says MORE about YOU than is does him AND me..

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#470912 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, many will believe the murder is heaven if he was dunked, said "Praise Jesus", or filled any of the various 'Christian' obligations while any onnocents that weren't baptized, didn't belong to a particular church, were Jewish or Muslim (etc.) will burn in Hell.
Not sure which is more evil, the murderer or those people's "god".
So, concerning the events of the past couple of days; what says the anthropologist with regard to human behavior? Adam Lanza specifically is the one I refer to.

Location hidden

#470913 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
How was one saved before Jesus ?
They weren't..Hebrews 9:22 says, "Without shedding of blood there is no remission." I John 1:7 tells us that "The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin." God, in choosing the cleansing agent for our sins, chose the very best that He had, the blood of His own Son. It is by the precious blood of our Lord, that we are cleansed from all of our sins. Revelation 1:5 says, "To Him who loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood." Yes, it is only by the blood of our Lord, that we get our sins washed away. John 19:34 says, "But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out." Jesus shed His blood for us, in His death, when He died on the cruel cross of Calvary...After Jesus won the victory, those past sins were forgiven also. Past refering to those who died Before Christ..

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#470914 Dec 15, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
So, "the devil made me do it" is a sound defense ...but only if the act being scrutinized is committed post conversion.
~Adam & Eve should get a retrial~
Ah, Adam & Eve...Did the devil really MAKE THEM do it? That would be a good discussion perhaps sometime in the future, Lordwiling. JMO.
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is possible to lose one's mind, post conversion, and commit heinous acts for which one shall be forgiven.
IMHO, If the person was genuinely contrite and there were undeniable fruits of repentance... then yes, I believe that person can be forgiven. But though they may be forgiven, doesn't mean that they will be altogether unpunished though and will suffer some kind of loss.(perhaps sometime we could also discuss thief on the cross conversion versus what is known as death-bed conversions ---> the premeditated ones).
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I'll have to give this more thought, but this one I might be able to accept, as illness is what it is.
10-4

Location hidden

#470915 Dec 15, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Your post is FULL of ironies, I wasn't mocking God in the very least, but what you "religious people" profess to teach and believe which is not Bible based in the least, howt do you know that Timothy McViegh may not have been saved at one time in his life and simply backslide, as our friend RG likes to say..........you're splitting hairs.
Lets reason on this..Religion is Mans ATTEMPT to reach God..That is what you are doing...TRYING within your fleshly efforts to EARN your salvation..You cannot deny this..You TRY to keep a GIFT that was FREELY offered to you..

Relationship..Grace..Gods attempt to reach man. He has given the BEST Heaven had to offer and as long as you TRY to earn it...You become those that SPIT in Our Saviour's face on the way to calvary..

His gift wasn't good enough for you so you continue to fight a fight that Jesus has already WON on OUR behalf. If this doesn't at least open your eyes for a minute then you are your own god that trust only in yourself.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#470916 Dec 15, 2012

#470917 Dec 15, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
also book of Lamb is mention in Malachi 3;16-18
let me add OT mention about Book Of Lamb.but book of Lamb couldn't be written before death on this earth of Jesus Christ,
it is simple and plain
that work of salvation in spiritual realm was ended spiritualy before foundation of the world Rev 13;8,
and finish whole salavtion spiritual and phisical was happen at 33 AD as body of Jesus death,and resurection in spirit and full right to have perfect body-1st of this perfection is our Godhead-Jesus Christ who is THE HEAD OF HIS BODY-CHURCH
Have nice evening Q
HU is good man,
I joke with him,but I always give him proper credit,he desn't deserve madman words
Good evenine Shrink, thanks for the scripture above.

#470918 Dec 15, 2012
Edit: Evening... smile. Welp, on that note I'm going to head on out... I hope everyone has a pleasant night's rest.

Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide.
Sequel Part 9 and a half

James: "Do you want to be shown, you senseless person, that faith apart from works is barren?"

James 2:20

:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#470920 Dec 15, 2012
hick-up wrote:
Sixteen 6 year old and four 7 year old innocents...
staff and administrators ...
And if the name Adam Lanza is in the Book of Life ...
If his mind was diseased, or the devil made him do it, then he gets a free pass??
It's just not explained away that easy ...
It is very rare that someone has a mental illness that prevents them from understanding right from wrong. He broke into the school to by-pass the security in place where the doors are locked and someone has to check-in at the front desk. He targeted his mother and her classroom. He then killed himself to avoid punishment imo as clearly he was not remorseful. While clearly there has to be something wrong with someone who does such a thing, in many ways the number of people makes no difference. Is it more heinous because he killed 20 children compared to a pedophile who rapes and kills one? Wouldn't that person have to be sick as well? Yet not to the point where they don't know right from wrong. Evil is evil and is someone shows on any level they are capable of planning, eluding security, targeting people, avoiding punishment, etc then they are capable of paying for their crimes. He killed a bunch of school-children on purpose whom he targeted because of where his mother taught. IMO that is as simple as it gets as to whether he is responsible. I say absolutely.

I didn't know earlier you were linking that question to this story but I still stipulated they would have to have no sense of right or wrong or the capacity to form the intent to commit the crime. He definitely had the capacity to form the intent. He knew what he was doing and he knew it was wrong or else he doesn't kill himself afterwards to avoid the consequences

Location hidden

#470922 Dec 15, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi RA..
I dont think they know that ALL their sins are already forgiven..Past, present and future. Thats why they try to work and earn their salvation. They dont TRUST or BELIEVE Jesus..They only trust in their strength. I can only shake my head at the false glory that they give themselves for being so good. I guess what Jesus has done for them, just wasn't enough.
In Colossians 2:13 Paul wrote,“He forgave us all our sins”. The Greek word he used means each and every sin. That means past present and future.
In Ephesians 1:13-14 he said our salvation was guaranteed from the moment we first believed. How could he have said that unless our future sins had been forgiven as well as our past ones? He said essentially the same thing in 2 Cor. 1:21-22 and 2 Cor. 5:5.
In Hebrews 10:14 the writer said,“Because by one sacrifice He has made PERFECT FOREVER those who are being made holy.” How could God see us as perfect unless all our sins had been forgiven?
I could go on, but I think you get the idea.
Had this not been the case, everyone who has been saved would have been lost again within a few days, and the Lord’s death would have amounted to nothing. The reason is that by God’s standards it’s humanly impossible to stop sinning. But In their own eyes, they are smarter and stronger than God.
Hey Grace

Just one quick question if you don't mind

When did this verse apply in your opinion if it no longer applies now?

Matthew 6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Thanks in advance for your reply. Also so you know my intent is not to try to trap you I will say upfront that if it was only applicable before the Sacrifice then there would be no need for a Sacrifice as we could simply be forgiven by forgiving others. So please consider that in your reply or if you don't agree with that conclusion, why you do not

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470923 Dec 15, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets reason on this..Religion is Mans ATTEMPT to reach God..That is what you are doing...TRYING within your fleshly efforts to EARN your salvation..You cannot deny this..You TRY to keep a GIFT that was FREELY offered to you..
Relationship..Grace..Gods attempt to reach man. He has given the BEST Heaven had to offer and as long as you TRY to earn it...You become those that SPIT in Our Saviour's face on the way to calvary..
His gift wasn't good enough for you so you continue to fight a fight that Jesus has already WON on OUR behalf. If this doesn't at least open your eyes for a minute then you are your own god that trust only in yourself.
If Jesus required nothing from us but faith, why in your opinion would he specifically say one must be obedient to receive eternal life and not only say it but say it repeatedly? Just two examples are the following:

Luke 10
27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”

Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

With all due respect I think if you are going to suggest things like people do not believe Christ's gift was good enough it is only fair to at least explain how you reconcile your beliefs with scripture that seemingly states the opposite of what you have been saying. You may have an interpretation that makes me think or maybe even reconsider but honestly the verses seem about as clear as one could ask for which is why I am curious how you interpret them. I know I have asked for a response before but I am really hoping we can discuss this in leau of some of the accusations being made. I think it would be beneficial to the discussion in general to see how people with different beliefs on this do interpret some of these verses.

Again, thanks in advance for any reply

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470924 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Grace
Just one quick question if you don't mind
When did this verse apply in your opinion if it no longer applies now?
Matthew 6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Thanks in advance for your reply. Also so you know my intent is not to try to trap you I will say upfront that if it was only applicable before the Sacrifice then there would be no need for a Sacrifice as we could simply be forgiven by forgiving others. So please consider that in your reply or if you don't agree with that conclusion, why you do not
(T) Peace
Hello Skom,
Wow, great question. You had me thinking on that one. Thanks!! This is what I found..After I read it, I remembered Joseph Prince preaching on this very subject. I have a lot of his sermons on my ipod.:)

1 Samuel 2:25..If a man sins against another man, God may mediate for him; but if a man sins against the LORD, who will intercede for him?" Jesus is our mediator between man and God now though. He is like our defence attorney in a court room. Whenever satan ( accuser of the brethen) tries to point out our faults..Jesus points out that WE belong to Him. He bought and paid for us with His Life..

Though in reality, I would think that all sins are sins against God..Breaking the commandments are Transgressions.. More reading will have to be done on that one Skom..Great question!!

Location hidden

#470925 Dec 15, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't..Hebrews 9:22 says, "Without shedding of blood there is no remission." I John 1:7 tells us that "The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin." God, in choosing the cleansing agent for our sins, chose the very best that He had, the blood of His own Son. It is by the precious blood of our Lord, that we are cleansed from all of our sins. Revelation 1:5 says, "To Him who loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood." Yes, it is only by the blood of our Lord, that we get our sins washed away. John 19:34 says, "But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out." Jesus shed His blood for us, in His death, when He died on the cruel cross of Calvary...After Jesus won the victory, those past sins were forgiven also. Past refering to those who died Before Christ..
They were still saved by repentance, faithfulness, and obedience but by belief in the father.

Psalm 19:13
Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.

Ezekiel 3:18-21
"18If I warn the wicked, saying,‘You are under the penalty of death,’ but you fail to deliver the warning, they will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible for their deaths.
19If you warn them and they refuse to repent and keep on sinning, they will die in their sins. But you will have saved yourself because you obeyed me.

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Psalm 51:11,
"Do not cast me away from Thy presence, And do not take Thy Holy Spirit from me."

Some believe that the Holy Spirit descended upon men but did not reside in them until Christ and those that were saved in OT times are the ones that sleep in Christ and when Christ returns all those that are dead but believed will be resurrected unto life and taken back with Christ. Admittedly this is a tough question but I think the verses above show things pretty much worked the same way.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470926 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus required nothing from us but faith, why in your opinion would he specifically say one must be obedient to receive eternal life and not only say it but say it repeatedly? Just two examples are the following:
Luke 10
27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”
Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
With all due respect I think if you are going to suggest things like people do not believe Christ's gift was good enough it is only fair to at least explain how you reconcile your beliefs with scripture that seemingly states the opposite of what you have been saying. You may have an interpretation that makes me think or maybe even reconsider but honestly the verses seem about as clear as one could ask for which is why I am curious how you interpret them. I know I have asked for a response before but I am really hoping we can discuss this in leau of some of the accusations being made. I think it would be beneficial to the discussion in general to see how people with different beliefs on this do interpret some of these verses.
Again, thanks in advance for any reply
(T) Peace
I believe that if a person would sincerely be honest about “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind...IF you would think hard on this verse, could you truely say that you love God with ALL your heart, ALL your strength, ALL your heart AND ALL your mind?? REALLY?? Humans cant love like that. Only God can. Now, You are probably disagreeing with me right now, But stop and really think about this..CAN you love God like that?

To love with ALL your mind just cannot happen while we live in the flesh. We have so much more going on that if a person would be honest with himself and admit that God is not on our minds every minute of the day..But thats what ALL your mind means and ALL your heart. I love my family too so some of heart belongs to them..No, I believe Jesus was doing the same thing here as He was doing in a lot of other scriptures..Trying to get us to see that we cannot possibly do it without a Saviour.

Lets see what is said in The New Testament...

1 John 4:19...We love Him, because He first loved us. That mellows it out a little...dont you agree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min It aint necessari... 39,095
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Steve III 44,480
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 642,160
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Jack 213
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr PELE78 970,214
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,794
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 hr Aussie Kev 1,756
More from around the web