Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#470806 Dec 15, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
*~*~*~*~*~
Excellent Post.....:-)
I liked this part....
"Way too often as a society our focus is split and there is so much stupid in-fighting among the wrong people instead of pulling together as human beings. Christians fighting with Christians, Christians fighting with unbelievers. Black fighting with white. Democrat fighting with Republican and so on. There are only two sides that matter as far as society and that is good against evil. Moral people with superficial differences or differences in beliefs or ideology should still be able to work together.
*~*~*~*~*~ < this post needs Christmas lights on it (LOL)
Heh, thanks Epi. Wish it wasn't always a tragedy that brings people together though. But if something good can come out of it I guess that is better than nothing. I hope people become more aware of warning signs and society becomes better prepared to treat mental illness. There are other things i hope as well but again don't want to politicize anything but I'd be happy if people just started respected each other, life in general, and the short time we all have on this earth together a little more than they do now. And obviously I have room for improvement as well

(T) Peace
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#470807 Dec 15, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Chris. Dispite our disagreements on some matters I am in complete agreement and sympathy with how you feel concerning this great tragedy, it's frightening in as much as there is no way of determining when these sick acts of violence and murder will take place as there is no real warnings of these actions tqnd twe can only pray for family and friends of the victims, and that God will guide atnd comfort them in this time of great loss.
Yes. I will stay on point here as our focus is our faith in the Lord. God help this nation. Take care bro. My sister teaches 4th grade kids. It breaks my heart

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#470808 Dec 15, 2012
Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide.
Sequel Part 7

"“Every one who hates his brother is a murderer... and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.” 1 John 3:15

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#470811 Dec 15, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sir
keep focus on spiritual values and Lords Word Bible,
not wicked idle gossip about others?
what kind of benefits you get to post such web about Cindy?
what is your guilt if Cindy repented and is accepted by God as Gods child?
common Quin?
I thought that you are spiritualy mature,and you behave like menace of the Society mocking people whom you never meet,or not know>
Q
get back to normal senses,and
Good morning Shrink, I appreciate the sentiment again but it is written:

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I John 4:1

Now I have been accused of such... that's fine, Jesus and other Believers were accused of such things also and so I'm strengthened. But because others use this scripture recklessly does not bother me to invoke it and use it properly... have a good one.
Simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470812 Dec 15, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Once Saved Always Saved? God's Word Has Already Decided And Answered That Question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NrhFrQJritcXX
Truthful Clip From God's Word.
A good morning to you. Glad you posted this , I listen to him a lot and get a lot of my thoughts from him.

I won't get to come on a lot as I have a very busy life, but I
do love to talk about God and love to know that others will come to know Christ.

I know I feel most secure in my salvation, and want others to find this security. Endure the faithfulness to the end.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470813 Dec 15, 2012
Where there no wood is there the fire goeth out;so where there is no talebearer the strife ceaeth.

As coals are to burning coals and wood to fire so is a contentious man to kindle strife.

He that hateth dissembeth with his lips and layeth up deceit within him.

When he speaketh fair beleive him not;for there are seven abominations in his heart.

Burning lips and a wicked heart are like apotsherd covered with silver dross.

Location hidden

#470814 Dec 15, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I will stay on point here as our focus is our faith in the Lord. God help this nation. Take care bro. My sister teaches 4th grade kids. It breaks my heart
Hey Chris

Just waving HI

I feel your pain. It made me sad and angry and nostalgic and grateful for my own loved ones all rolled into one. It also is like being physically assaulted when the mental toll is so high. I heard the parents of the dead children were all waiting in a room to be reunited with their kids when someone had to come in and tell them no more kids were showing up and witnesses said you could just hear the wails from so far away. People always want answers and to know why someone did something like this as if any answer could bring any sense to it. What a damn shame

Wishing you and Janice a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in case I don't see ya before then

(T) Peace
Simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470817 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Chris
Just waving HI
I feel your pain. It made me sad and angry and nostalgic and grateful for my own loved ones all rolled into one. It also is like being physically assaulted when the mental toll is so high. I heard the parents of the dead children were all waiting in a room to be reunited with their kids when someone had to come in and tell them no more kids were showing up and witnesses said you could just hear the wails from so far away. People always want answers and to know why someone did something like this as if any answer could bring any sense to it. What a damn shame
Wishing you and Janice a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in case I don't see ya before then
(T) Peace
Yes, I know the pain. So many restless nights ahead for the families. It is agony and 'Hate' of a person that could do this, and take away their child.

The shooting here in Colorado devestated all of us. I use that theater and some of my family was going to go, but backed out, that night. Just the thought of what 'if they had, was so painful to think about and out hearts were at a standstill.

Pray for the troubled minds and hearts out there, that could even fathom of doing this.

Satan is working hard to get into our minds, through drugs, TV, video games, guns, etc.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#470818 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Chris
Just waving HI
(T) Peace
You bet bro. As I posted yesterday this did shake my faith (for about 1 sec) I've been through too much and our Lord Jesus is the only reason me and my wife are alive right now. I don't know where we go from here but I do know God is in complete control! Right after our wedding we were blessed to go to my home state of Hawaii. I left when I was a baby and had little memory of the place and it is wonderful. Nothing beats the peace of the Lord and for me at least I think of this place called Hana in Maui. I do hope heaven is like that! We are in such a state right now I have a hard time paying my power bill each month but I think back to that time and know the peace that only Jesus brings. You take care bro. God is indeed good!
Roberta G

Duluth, GA

#470819 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single time someone has asked a poster if they are Cindy they have responded that Cindy must have really gotten the best of them. Since Topix has so many people using multiple identities and playing games and being dishonest it would seem to me an expected response would be "I don't use other identities" or "no I am not her" or "why would you think I am".

Normally the identities of those that said that )which I noticed the other poster asked said the same thing) have all turned out to be Cindy so the response didn't surprise me. This time it did because I don't think you are her because while she is good at looking stuff up it is obvious when someone is just regurgitating something they Googled normally and IMO your knowledge seems first-hand. But I was wondering though why you assumed the other poster got the best of him? If it is because you are unaware of how many people use different identities or the lengths they will go to when using them, please indulge me for a moment.
The poster in question has spent three years infiltrating this room with at least 12 different identities she got caught in, her latest just a few months back. She got one of her closest friends on Topix to invite her to this room under THREE different identities by following her to other rooms and befriending her under aliases so when she got her she could say the other poster invited her so it would throw off suspicion. She has pretended to be a man and a woman. She would go to local forums from whatever proxy she was using to establish a cover. And when one identity became ineffectual she would just create a new one. She also opened up her own room and to make it look busy created like 10 identities and literally every post in the room for pages was her talking to herself!
Obviously someone who is not being deceitful will be naturally offended if they are unaware of some of the games and lunatics on Topix. But hopefully now you have a better idea why some people are often suspicious of new posters who quickly become regulars despite a relatively low post count because it has happened so many times in the past. It really has been one of the craziest things I have witnessed first-hand but I would need hours and pages to even give you the tip of the iceberg. But again I shared all this just because I wanted you to know why Q asked. And while she is the one of the worst offenders there are many posters on Topix that use multiple IDs. The unfortunate fallout has been a distrust of new posters as quite often they have turned out not to be new at all
)T) Peace
Boy, this Cindy sounds like one heck of a piece of work :/
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#470820 Dec 15, 2012
Hana:
Aerial View of the town of Hana and Hana Bay

http://gohawaii.about.com/od/mauiphotos/ig/Ro...

Fagan's Cross and the Hana Ranch

http://gohawaii.about.com/od/mauiphotos/ig/Ro...

Location hidden

#470821 Dec 15, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet bro. As I posted yesterday this did shake my faith (for about 1 sec) I've been through too much and our Lord Jesus is the only reason me and my wife are alive right now. I don't know where we go from here but I do know God is in complete control! Right after our wedding we were blessed to go to my home state of Hawaii. I left when I was a baby and had little memory of the place and it is wonderful. Nothing beats the peace of the Lord and for me at least I think of this place called Hana in Maui. I do hope heaven is like that! We are in such a state right now I have a hard time paying my power bill each month but I think back to that time and know the peace that only Jesus brings. You take care bro. God is indeed good!
I hear ya brother. And it is almost reflexive at times to wonder how the heck God can allow such things to happen. But then I calm down and remind myself God gave us free will and if he played people like a puppeteer preventing their sins from occurring before they take place then everything would be meaningless. We would be performers in a play and not living real lives. With free will comes the awful things man will do at times from making an economy so bad that hard-working, law-abiding citizens struggle to keep the lights on to someone deciding to dress up in military fatigues and methodically slaughter 5 year-old children.And we don't know what things God has intervened in and why He decides to in some and not others as we can't see the bigger picture. But I had that same momentary twinge because God is who we always count on to protect us and it is hard not to, for a moment anyway, almost feel a little abandoned. But we know deep down we wouldn't even be here today if it wasn't for Him. Just sometimes it is hard to accept some things are the way they are without knowing the answers and knowing we will never know this side of life. IMO anyway

(T) Peace
Simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470822 Dec 15, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Boy, this Cindy sounds like one heck of a piece of work :/
LOL Exactly what was thinking reading those posts. It is really something to be able to work the minds of these people, to watch for her/he in disguise, when they cannot see the person behind the name on topix. It seems to bother a lot on here.

Location hidden

#470823 Dec 15, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Boy, this Cindy sounds like one heck of a piece of work :/
Hey Roberta

Let me first say I was deciding when to pick my spot to say I was sorry things had gotten contentious between us as unfortunately political discussions can often go that way. I have always had the utmost respect for you.

As to this just trust me when I say the things I mentioned are by in the column of the more sane things she has done comparatively speaking both on Topix and definitely in real life. I am not going to get into detail as I feel in this context it would be more spiteful than preventative since it is improbable you will have any sustained contact with her. But even after being desensitized somewhat after 3 years of one insane thing topping the last it still boggles the mind.

Anyway, same as with Chris as I may not see you before but hope I do, Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470824 Dec 15, 2012
Sheesh

MERRY Christmas not mArry

Location hidden

#470825 Dec 15, 2012
Simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Exactly what was thinking reading those posts. It is really something to be able to work the minds of these people, to watch for her/he in disguise, when they cannot see the person behind the name on topix. It seems to bother a lot on here.
I don't think it bothers anyone. I think they just judicially exercise common sense when they think someone is not being honest. For example we had a poster by the name of BBB who used many aliases whose main identity I don't anybody is confused to that keeps showing up here from Aurora, Co

Is it possible that two posters are from the same place? Sure. But it rarely happens. So when someone shows up out of nowhere from that location and follows a pattern like involving themselves in everything that happens such as claiming your family almost went to the same movie theater that night or taking the position it seems to really bother people when people come in and lie and deceive others as if the fault lies with those against the deception it makes one wonder. Or to think these posters are working the minds of anyone. While I am sure proud of their attempted manipulations, very few are actually fooled nor does it have any impact other than perhaps a shake of the head at how pathetic an adult's life must be to stoop to such things

JMO

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#470826 Dec 15, 2012
If we can lose our salvation because of our sinful works and must do good works to get that salvation back (which is what those that believe one can lose their salvation are claiming) than there would be no need for a Saviour.

According to those that believe that, it's their good works that redeems them after they've lost their salvation due to sinful works. And that belief is in direct contradiction of what God's Holy Word says and is nothing but a false man made doctrine.

Salvation can only come from the Saviour. Our works can't save us. And to preach that they can is preaching nothing but a lie and is exactly what satan wants to be preached.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470827 Dec 15, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Daniel 9:26&27
Prdiction on sacrifices
Colossians 2:14
Ephesians 2:15&16
Colossians 2:16&17
See Leviticus 23:4-44
Hebrews 10:1
Matthew 27:51
Hebrews 10:8&9
John 4:21
What really ended at the cross
Acts 15:1&24
Act 15:28&29
Acts 6:13:14
Acts 18:13
Acts 24:14
Testing the issue.
Romans 3:20
See Romans 3:31 and 8:1-3
Romans 10:4
See Romans 7:7
1 Peter 1:9
See 1 Timothy 1:5
See James 5:11
Matthew 5:17
Jesus and the law
Roman 3:20
James 2:10
Purpose for law

Romans 1:16
1 Corinthians 1:23&24
Psalms 40:7&8
Hebrews 8:6&10
Romans 10:10
Philippians 3:8&9
Romans 3:21
Romans 3:31
See Romans 3:19-22 & 4:4 & 5:20&21 &7:13
See 2 Corinthians 3:7-9
See Galatians 3:21-24
See Timothy 1:8-11
See Romans 7:5&11 & 6:1-15
See 2 Corthinians 5:14&15 & 5:21
John 1:29
2 Timothy 1:10
2 Corthinians 3:18&27&28
Matthew 5:21&22
Isaiah 42:21
Magnifies law

Galatians 3:8
Romans 4:3
Romans 3:20
Romans 3:24
Romans 6:1&2
Matthew 5:17
John 15:10
Revelation 14:12
Grace & the law

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470828 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Truthtruthtruthtruthtruth...
Wow. You said a lot. So much that I decided to answer you this way instead of my usual format. Anyway...

You're absolutely right.

Obviously, we're being misunderstood in our stance. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that, in no way, shape, or form, are any of us even implying that any righteousness on our part is an intricate part of "God's" salvation. As John declared, "We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham." Salvation has been offered long, long before any of us were born! And whether we accept what's been offered, or not, what we do, personally or as a whole, has no bearing on salvation, whatsoever. Salvation is "God's" promise, period.

To the Romans, Paul wrote, "I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?" Then, in the same chapter, we read, "And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off."

Faith and obedience to the law was a requirement toward the nation of Israel. But, we have many, today, that believe that the requirements for us differ from that of the chosen nation. Many, today, believe that all that's necessary is faith, but obedience not, or not so much. Isn't this boasting against the branches? Have I not quoted, repeatedly, that our anointed Savior hasn't changed, nor will he? Why do some of us believe that the rules have changed? I said it before and I'll say it again. Yes, certain laws have been fulfilled to where, we don't have to perform these tasks any longer. But, were they removed, entirely? NO! They exist as long as our anointed Savior exists, and that's forever. The works are no longer necessary, because of him, but the purpose of them remain in him.

Do we have to be circumcised in order to enter into a covenant with "God?" NO! Our anointed Savior IS circumcision.

Do we have to sacrifice in order to be forgiven and reconciled to "God?" NO! Our anointed Savior IS our sacrifice.

Do we have to put one another to death because we sinned and broke the covenant? NO! Our anointed Savior died for us.

Do we have to adhere to every precept of every separated Day? NO! Our anointed Savior IS these precepts.

It was these things that Israel took for granted, thinking that obedience to these were enough to appease "God." But, as Samuel said, "Hath YHWH as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of YHWH? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams." Why anyone would think that less is required of us troubles me. Even today, the nation of Israel is still the chosen people. And none should boast against them by even thinking that less is required of us.

Until next time...

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#470829 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it bothers anyone. I think they just judicially exercise common sense when they think someone is not being honest. For example we had a poster by the name of BBB who used many aliases whose main identity I don't anybody is confused to that keeps showing up here from Aurora, Co
Is it possible that two posters are from the same place? Sure. But it rarely happens. So when someone shows up out of nowhere from that location and follows a pattern like involving themselves in everything that happens such as claiming your family almost went to the same movie theater that night or taking the position it seems to really bother people when people come in and lie and deceive others as if the fault lies with those against the deception it makes one wonder. Or to think these posters are working the minds of anyone. While I am sure proud of their attempted manipulations, very few are actually fooled nor does it have any impact other than perhaps a shake of the head at how pathetic an adult's life must be to stoop to such things
JMO
Skom you're right in what you said. But in the case of Grace (as you even commented on yourself) it was clear by what she wrote that she sure wasn't Cindy. But did that stop Quin from accusing her of being Cindy?

Nope, not at all.

Just look at all the "new posters" that have come in here that have fit the "Cindy MO" far more than Grace did. And not once did Quin question if any of them may be Cindy. But that wasn't the case with Grace now was it?

Nope, he jumped all over her.

And we all know why don't we?

It's because Grace opposed Quin's belief that a person can lose their salvation after they've attained it. And because of that Quin decided to attack her. And even though it was clear that she wasn't Cindy Quin decided to accuse her of being Cindy and use that as a spring board to launch his attack.

So lets get real honest here. Quin set out to try to discredit Grace by attacking her and who she was. He tried to get people to turn on her by trying to get people to believe she was Cindy back in here trying to pull her deceptive tricks again.

Did it work?

Nope. Because people called him out on it because they knew better.

And what did Quin do (and he continues to do)?

He acted like it's no big deal and just tried to shove it under that table and change the subject, just like he always does when his dishonesty is exposed.

Only time will tell if he'll be man enough to step up and apologize and admit his deceit and dishonesty. I rather doubt it will happen. He'll more likely avoid it or try to change the subject and use it to launch another attack like he did twice yesterday when he was confronted about lies he got caught in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min waaasssuuup 853,258
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min kent 595,758
Gay sex in raigarh 10 min Anil 3
Sex with demon possessed doll 23 min PirateFan 39
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 5,781
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 1 hr Johnny 6,099
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Legendary Karma 444,068
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr The_Box 100,641
More from around the web