Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470838 Dec 15, 2012
Cast all your care upon him;for He careth for you.
1 Peter 5:7

Genesis 8:22
Philippians 4:11
Luke 12:24-28
1 Timothy 6:9&10
Matthew 6:31&32
1 Timothy 6:6&7&8
Contentment

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#470839 Dec 15, 2012
Mental Illness ...

I'll leave it to you to Google it for yourselves and settle on a definition that best suits your point of view.

The story must have some significance as it has been told and retold for over two thousand years. I'm talking about the Apostle Peter and the attempted murder of a Roman soldier. When the soldiers came to arrest Jesus, Peter tried to murder one of the soldiers with a sword. As it were the soldier flinched, Peter missed, and the rest is history.

In attempting to murder a Roman soldier; had Peter lost his mind? Or was it just a momentary lapse in judgement?

Peter witnessed miracles firsthand. Peter witnessed Jesus walking on water and attempted to do the same, where he was successful for a short distance ...until he sank, but was rescued, as the story is told.

What could Peter have possibly been thinking in his attempt to murder a Roman soldier? Did he feel that Jesus was incompetent in matters pertaining to His own life? Or was Peter just a hothead? Perhaps a loner, introverted, misunderstood, contemptible, hard to get along with?

Attempted murder ...already murder in his heart. Of a Roman soldier no less, with many witnesses ...a certain death sentence.

Is Peter in heaven today? Or, when judged; will Peter be shown mercy?

Is it possible for a "saved" person to contract Mental Illness?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470840 Dec 15, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
If we can lose our salvation because of our sinful works and must do good works to get that salvation back (which is what those that believe one can lose their salvation are claiming) than there would be no need for a Saviour.

According to those that believe that, it's their good works that redeems them after they've lost their salvation due to sinful works. And that belief is in direct contradiction of what God's Holy Word says and is nothing but a false man made doctrine.

Salvation can only come from the Saviour. Our works can't save us. And to preach that they can is preaching nothing but a lie and is exactly what satan wants to be preached.

Nothing more and nothing less.
Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, my Brother.

Be not misled, Brother. Salvation has been offered long before our anointed Savior was crucified. Our anointed Savior only altered, for us, the means to salvation. The law, prophecies, and psalms, prove as much.

Salvation has been, is, and will be, whether any individual accepts it, or not. Even a majority rejection won't eradicate salvation. Our righteousness is required for several reasons, though. If you oppose my assertions, you could always address the scriptures I quote, to show my errors. Anyway...

REASON #1 - Our righteousness proves that we truly believe in "God's" will and promises, without doubt.

James wrote how that the devils also believe "God" exists. But, the devils tremble, too, according to James. I've asked, numerous times, what it was that differentiates us from these trembling, believing devils?

REASON #2 - Our righteousness benefits all those we encounter.

Faith and love are one and the same, if we allow them to be. Without love, our faith is useless, as the prophets proved. What, to you, is love? What laws, or works, do you think we're referring to? Our anointed Savior defined love as one dying for their friends, if need be. The apostles encouraged us to be willing to die for one another, if need be. John wrote that love is keeping the commandments. So, do you reject my assertions, or what's written? More times than not, I quote scriptures without interpretation and commentary. Which do you reject?

I must say, that much of what Paul writes are misunderstood. In addition, the translators translated as best they could. The italicized words and sentences in our verses shows where the translators couldn't find a reasonable, agreeable translation for the original text. But, this is what we were given to work with, until a concordance and lexicon were produced. Were the translators inspired by "God," but not those that gave us these most excellent tools to examine what's written more thoroughly?

Apparently, you misunderstand the reason and purpose of a savior, which is "God's" only-begotten Son. Salvation is in him, and I doubt that not. But, do you understand what it was that he saved us from? Did he save us from sin, even though we, all, are still susceptible to sin, whether we desire to sin, or not? Are we saved from death, which is the penalty for sin? Do we not, still, die? Can we not sin? Consider the following, dedicator of faith.

Our anointed Savior, many times, rebuked people for having "little faith."

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Do you have faith equivalent to the size of a mustard seed, "Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof"?

I'm just asking.

Paul wrote, "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."

Shalowm.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#470841 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree salvation can not be lost. I personally believe however like it says in Romans (Romans 2:5-8) that there will be a day (Judgement Day) when "God's righteous judgement will be revealed" and "God will give to each person according to what he has done.". Good works mean nothing without faith. Works are simply a manifestation of obedience and faith. Those that have endured and finished the race will receive their reward and be spared judgement. Will God save someone who doesn't remain faithful and obedient? That to me sounds like someone who believed for a while and even received the Word with joy but fell away in times of temptation as we are told in Luke.
Jesus tells us in
John 15
10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
He also says in Matthew and Luke that believers who are obedient will receive eternal life
To me it isn't can someone lose their salvation but rather can someone lose their faith. If a believer can receive the word with joy and still fall away or not remain in Christ's love by failing to be obedient then to me it can only be one of two things. Either the person never was a believer in the first place or believers can lose faith and fall away.
But if a person never was really a believer to begin with how would they ever have been in Christ's love as surely God can not be fooled? And why would Luke say specifically some will believe for a while and receive the Word with joy?
However I do agree that salvation can not be lost and that works do not redeem us. If someone hates their brother, refuses to forgive others, forsakes assembly, does not repent when they sin, etc then no amount of good works makes any difference. Obedience to me in fact really is not even a separate category from faithfulness as one who is faithful will be obedient out of love.
I think you and I can agree that regardless of what it means as far as was someone truly a believer or not, that someone that does not remain faithful is not going to be saved. If their faith was on the rock, if their seed did not take root, if they give into temptation and fall away..for whatever reason or whatever that implies about their original faith and whether they were a believer, one does need to keep their faith to be saved.
Perhaps that is why Paul says to examine ourselves daily and why both Paul and James say don't just listen to the word and deceive ourselves but those that follow the Word will be saved.
So maybe that would be the better message to get across to people. Not that salvation can be lost or that salvation can be earned but rather make sure we test ourselves daily to make sure we are not simply Christian in name but Christian in deed. If when we examine ourselves daily and we can see our faith is strong and that we continue to strive to please God out of love then we know what we have heard has taken root. To me that is the real warning, to make sure we are not simply paying lip-service but that we have committed to the faith. Those that have will most certainly be saved and any transgressions of the faithful who will naturally be sorry when they stumble will be forgiven.
JMO
(T) Peace
Hey Skom, I have a response to this post in my next post.

Location hidden

#470842 Dec 15, 2012
Skom, I agree with what you said here.

Quote: "I personally believe however like it says in Romans (Romans 2:5-8) that there will be a day (Judgement Day) when "God's righteous judgement will be revealed" and "God will give to each person according to what he has done.". "

The saved will stand before God in Judgement at the "Bema Seat".

Romans 14:10-12 says,“For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat…so then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.” Second Corinthians 5:10 tells us,“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” In the context, it is clear that both scriptures are referring to Christians, not unbelievers.

The judgment seat of Christ, therefore, involves believers giving an account of their lives to Christ. The judgment seat of Christ does not determine salvation; that was determined by Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf (1 John 2:2) and our faith in Him (John 3:16). All of our sins are forgiven, and we will never be condemned for them (Romans 8:1). We should not look at the judgment seat of Christ as God judging our sins, but rather as God rewarding us for our lives. Yes, as the Bible says, we will have to give an account of ourselves. Part of this is surely answering for the sins we committed. However, that is not going to be the primary focus of the judgment seat of Christ.

At the judgment seat of Christ, believers are rewarded based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). Some of the things we might be judged on are how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), and how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9). The Bible speaks of believers receiving crowns for different things based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5).

The various crowns are described in 2 Timothy 2:5, 2 Timothy 4:8, James 1:12, 1 Peter 5:4, and Revelation 2:10. James 1:12 is a good summary of how we should think about the judgment seat of Christ:“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

http://www.gotquestions.org/judgment-seat-Chr...
________

Have a great evening. God bless.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470843 Dec 15, 2012
hick-up wrote:
Mental Illness ...
I'll leave it to you to Google it for yourselves and settle on a definition that best suits your point of view.
The story must have some significance as it has been told and retold for over two thousand years. I'm talking about the Apostle Peter and the attempted murder of a Roman soldier. When the soldiers came to arrest Jesus, Peter tried to murder one of the soldiers with a sword. As it were the soldier flinched, Peter missed, and the rest is history.
In attempting to murder a Roman soldier; had Peter lost his mind? Or was it just a momentary lapse in judgement?
Peter witnessed miracles firsthand. Peter witnessed Jesus walking on water and attempted to do the same, where he was successful for a short distance ...until he sank, but was rescued, as the story is told.
What could Peter have possibly been thinking in his attempt to murder a Roman soldier? Did he feel that Jesus was incompetent in matters pertaining to His own life? Or was Peter just a hothead? Perhaps a loner, introverted, misunderstood, contemptible, hard to get along with?
Attempted murder ...already murder in his heart. Of a Roman soldier no less, with many witnesses ...a certain death sentence.
I find it interesting that in the sories, while Jesus is alive the apostles are a bunch of idiots constantly rebuked, corrected and even insulted by Jesus. Yet, the whole of Christiainty is based on a self proclaimed apostle that never met Jesus, knew nothing that is in any gospel, never quotes Jesus and never set foot in Judea except for a few days.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#470844 Dec 15, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
Skom, I agree with what you said here.
Quote: "I personally believe however like it says in Romans (Romans 2:5-8) that there will be a day (Judgement Day) when "God's righteous judgement will be revealed" and "God will give to each person according to what he has done.". "
The saved will stand before God in Judgement at the "Bema Seat".
Romans 14:10-12 says,“For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat…so then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.” Second Corinthians 5:10 tells us,“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” In the context, it is clear that both scriptures are referring to Christians, not unbelievers.
The judgment seat of Christ, therefore, involves believers giving an account of their lives to Christ. The judgment seat of Christ does not determine salvation; that was determined by Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf (1 John 2:2) and our faith in Him (John 3:16). All of our sins are forgiven, and we will never be condemned for them (Romans 8:1). We should not look at the judgment seat of Christ as God judging our sins, but rather as God rewarding us for our lives. Yes, as the Bible says, we will have to give an account of ourselves. Part of this is surely answering for the sins we committed. However, that is not going to be the primary focus of the judgment seat of Christ.
At the judgment seat of Christ, believers are rewarded based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). Some of the things we might be judged on are how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), and how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9). The Bible speaks of believers receiving crowns for different things based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5).
The various crowns are described in 2 Timothy 2:5, 2 Timothy 4:8, James 1:12, 1 Peter 5:4, and Revelation 2:10. James 1:12 is a good summary of how we should think about the judgment seat of Christ:“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”
http://www.gotquestions.org/judgment-seat-Chr...
________
Have a great evening. God bless.
Have a great evening as well brother

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470845 Dec 15, 2012
hick-up wrote:
Mental Illness ...
Well the Bible says man can not judge another because he can't see the heart. So stands to reason what motivates a person matters when being judged. If a person truly is mentally ill to the point that they can not engage in mens rea (guilty intent) where even man's justice says he is not responsible for his actions then I can't imagine God would condemn him. But I think we have to be talking about seriously not having any control over one's thoughts or actions. Obviously getting pissed off or losing one's temper isn't a mental illness. Not saying you were suggesting otherwise. But personally I think if a believer has a mental disorder that keeps them from knowing right or wrong they can't be held accountable. IMO anyway

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470846 Dec 15, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, my Brother.
Be not misled, Brother. Salvation has been offered long before our anointed Savior was crucified. Our anointed Savior only altered, for us, the means to salvation. The law, prophecies, and psalms, prove as much.
Salvation has been, is, and will be, whether any individual accepts it, or not. Even a majority rejection won't eradicate salvation. Our righteousness is required for several reasons, though. If you oppose my assertions, you could always address the scriptures I quote, to show my errors. Anyway...
REASON #1 - Our righteousness proves that we truly believe in "God's" will and promises, without doubt.
James wrote how that the devils also believe "God" exists. But, the devils tremble, too, according to James. I've asked, numerous times, what it was that differentiates us from these trembling, believing devils?
REASON #2 - Our righteousness benefits all those we encounter.
Faith and love are one and the same, if we allow them to be. Without love, our faith is useless, as the prophets proved. What, to you, is love? What laws, or works, do you think we're referring to? Our anointed Savior defined love as one dying for their friends, if need be. The apostles encouraged us to be willing to die for one another, if need be. John wrote that love is keeping the commandments. So, do you reject my assertions, or what's written? More times than not, I quote scriptures without interpretation and commentary. Which do you reject?
I must say, that much of what Paul writes are misunderstood. In addition, the translators translated as best they could. The italicized words and sentences in our verses shows where the translators couldn't find a reasonable, agreeable translation for the original text. But, this is what we were given to work with, until a concordance and lexicon were produced. Were the translators inspired by "God," but not those that gave us these most excellent tools to examine what's written more thoroughly?
Apparently, you misunderstand the reason and purpose of a savior, which is "God's" only-begotten Son. Salvation is in him, and I doubt that not. But, do you understand what it was that he saved us from? Did he save us from sin, even though we, all, are still susceptible to sin, whether we desire to sin, or not? Are we saved from death, which is the penalty for sin? Do we not, still, die? Can we not sin? Consider the following, dedicator of faith.
Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Do you have faith equivalent to the size of a mustard seed, "Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof"?
I'm just asking.

Location hidden

#470847 Dec 15, 2012
To BLL.

First of all myself nor anyone else has ever said that "salvation wasn't available before Jesus Christ was crucified" as you seem to be insinuating in the first line of your post.

Now having said that let me say this. I won't go round and round with you or anyone else about this anymore. We will have to agree to disagree on many things. Because I believe that much of what you're saying and much of what you believe contradicts what is said in God's Word. And that you're taking many things said in God's Word completely out of context.

Here's an example of that. You keep saying quote: "our righteousness". We have no righteousness of "our own". We have the "righteousness of God through our faith in Jesus Christ". Saying "our righteousness" is giving us credit for what God has done. Or simply put, something we've attained because of "our works". Which is something you and the others that believe that "we can lose our salvation after God has given it to us" have so badly missed the mark on.

I hope and pray that someday you and those that share your beliefs will realize that we are saved by grace. And that works can't save you or anyone else.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470848 Dec 15, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you aren't the same poster who has spammed this room for years from Aurora, Co. Perhaps you are not an attention seeker and your family really did almost go to the same theater the same night their was a mass shooting. And perhaps you really do believe the devil is trying to get to us through tv and video games and that isn't a tactic looking to appeal to emotion. I don't deny all those things are possible. Although I have my doubts when coupled with what you said here:
"LOL Exactly what was thinking reading those posts. It is really something to be able to work the minds of these people, to watch for her/he in disguise, when they cannot see the person behind the name on topix. It seems to bother a lot on here."
Perhaps you are who you say. I gave my honest assessment, I could be wrong. But someone who seems to find humor and even admiration in the fact that they believe others can come in here and manipulate people by being deceitful is not someone's whose opinion of me is going to matter much. And I don't expect mine to matter to you as you confirmed. Yet we both have the right to our opinions.
Humor and admiration? It never entered my mind, to have humor or admiration for this person everyone is watching for. It appears there are a few everyone is watching for to come back on here. There are trolls on every thread on this topix, it is not just this one.

I made a statement on Satan is working hard in the minds in the world to make people do such terrible acts. I do believe TV and these video games and easy access to guns is where Satan can get in. I, in no way meant the people on here.

No I am not against guns, before someone takes me wrong on that. I do believe it is too easy for young people to get guns, and some of it is adults that get it for them .

I will not continue to try to explain all my post and to assure ones on here, I am who I am.

Hope all have a very Merry Christmas and peace on earth.

Location hidden

#470849 Dec 15, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m still not feeling myself so was just going to read some till I read this.
With all due respect Lawest, Le Le and Roberta have been posting with us for years. And with all due respect you have not shaken me with your words. You are free to believe what you want and so am I. I am not fragile and I believe once saved always saved. Neither are Le Le and Roberta fragile.
I’m not saying you are not wanted here but Le Le and Roberta are wanted here too.
HFN
Sorry you aren't feeling well my friend

Despite you not feeling well your post was in true form. I agree, all posters are regulars IMO and should be welcome regardless of belief. And i also agree just because someone disagrees doesn't mean their faith has been shaken. I would like to see all of us get a little better at not drawing lines in the sand over belief and to see the arrogance toned as well and i have been guilty of that myself. Most simply believe what they believe and share it in hopes in helps and because they believe their duty is to witness and because they enjoy discussing the Bible. Iron sharpens iron so differences can be a good thing. At minimum they shouldn't be a bad thing so long as people treat one another with respect.

Get better soon

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470850 Dec 15, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m still not feeling myself so was just going to read some till I read this.
With all due respect Lawest, Le Le and Roberta have been posting with us for years. And with all due respect you have not shaken me with your words. You are free to believe what you want and so am I. I am not fragile and I believe once saved always saved. Neither are Le Le and Roberta fragile.
I’m not saying you are not wanted here but Le Le and Roberta are wanted here too.
HFN
Hi HFN, hope all is well with you and yours.

I have to agree with what you said in your post. I'm not sure where Lawest was trying to go with what he said. Because like you said Le_le and Roberta have been posting with us far longer than Lawest has.

I think it all boils down to the fact that him and Quin have decided to go on the attack against anyone that believes that once you're saved you're always saved. And when anyone stands up to their attacks like Le_le, Roberta, and many others have they become targeted for attack. It's been the M.O. of those 2 since the first day they showed up in here. And clearly they don't like it when people stand up to them.

Hope you have a great evening. God bless you my Sister in Christ.

Location hidden

#470851 Dec 15, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor and admiration? It never entered my mind, to have humor or admiration for this person everyone is watching for.
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>

I will not continue to try to explain all my post and to assure ones on here, I am who I am.
Hope all have a very Merry Christmas and peace on earth.
Nor am I asking you to. Personally I thought it was very easy to follow the first time and didn't require further elaboration.

"LOL Exactly what was thinking reading those posts. It is really something to be able to work the minds of these people, to watch for her/he in disguise, when they cannot see the person behind the name on topix. It seems to bother a lot on here."

That is pretty self-explanatory to me. I drew my own conclusion from that and the other things I mentioned. But it is nothing I feel the need to pursue. Whatever happens between you and others is between them.

Have a good Christmas as well.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#470853 Dec 15, 2012
Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide.
Sequel Part 8

James: "What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

James 5:14

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470854 Dec 15, 2012
His Gracious Impartiality

Deuteronomy 10:17
Acts 10:34&35
Psalms 145:9
Matthew 5:44&45
Roberta G

Tucker, GA

#470855 Dec 15, 2012
Boy, will I have a lot to say later on! Be afraid. Be VERY afraid :p

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#470856 Dec 15, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
When you look at what happened in Connecticut yesterday,that's one of many reasons why the Holy Bible says that Satan the devil will be punished,FOREVER,for all of the wickedness he has done and has inspired in wicked human beings.
The devil made me do it ...legitimate reasoning or an excuse?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#470858 Dec 15, 2012
Sixteen 6 year old and four 7 year old innocents...
staff and administrators ...

And if the name Adam Lanza is in the Book of Life ...

If his mind was diseased, or the devil made him do it, then he gets a free pass??

It's just not explained away that easy ...

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#470860 Dec 15, 2012
You all can argue this OSAS bs for another two thousand years ...you can boast of your Biblical intellect ...you can bore the hell out of all of us ...

But when you give it identity ...when you give it a face and a name ...when you bring it home, it takes on a whole new meaning.
Almost a life of it's own.

What caused Adam Lanza to commit these atrocities?

And is it found in his flesh or in his soul?

Can a person whose name is written in the Lambs Book of Life commit such heinous acts?

Can that person suffer a mental defect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 51 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 983,098
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 683,747
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr old_moose 15,985
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 14
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Disappointed US ... 6,416
Looking for girls to snapchat 6 hr aldenmorgan737 1
More from around the web