There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Thank you for that Klan wisdom, Doctor Racist.
Roberta G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Colossians 2:16-17
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
On the contrary, Colossians 2:16-17 says nothing of the sort. What Paul was saying is that, none should give occasion that allows others to even think that we've not accepted what was fulfilled on the cross, these "shadows of things to come."
Paul's mention of "meat" and "drink" is in regards to those required by law, as offerings. The "holyday," too, was required by law, as was the "new moon" and the precepts concerning the "sabbath days." To continue in any of these things would serve to prove nothing else but a lack of faith in the crucifixion of our anointed Savior and what it accomplished, as he fulfilled all these things. Paul also wrote, "Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain (Gal 4:10-11)."
What would you say of a person that continued to observe the Day of Atonement, in its entirety? or refused to kindle a fire during the weekly Sabbath? Did not our Lord fulfill these things? Shall we, also, sacrifice animals and disregard the judgment of others?
Blessed be His Name, Jesus has indeed fulfilled these things, which is why we no longer need them :) And that is exactly why we don't have to sweat the small stuff and can ignore
Legalistic pinheads who whine about Christmas trees and insist that all must learn every verse of the Old Testament. Isn't fretting about such things rejection of God's grace and what Jesus did for us?
Roberta G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in Paul.
Who cares?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares?
Evangelists.
Roberta G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelists.
Like I said, who cares?
Roberta G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Amen.
;)
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Blessed be His Name, Jesus has indeed fulfilled these things, which is why we no longer need them :) And that is exactly why we don't have to sweat the small stuff and can ignore
Legalistic pinheads who whine about Christmas trees and insist that all must learn every verse of the Old Testament. Isn't fretting about such things rejection of God's grace and what Jesus did for us?
Good morning. Praying for this nation. Just got up here and seeing this sad news. Children killed in school. Praying and so sad this day. Our joy comes in the morning...
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares?
Nothing new. I first heard of the war on Paul when Hip posted it many years ago. You will be hated for His name.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, who cares?
You don't believe Evangelists are people ?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, Qu_innocence.
I apologize for my lack of contribution to the discussion as of late, but I've had some serious connectivity issues. And I refuse to post via phone, as I have a tendency of using all 4000 characters in my posts.
What..?
You don't believe me?
Say "Word!"
Real talk...here goes.
It was a dark and stormy night...
Nah...I won't do that to you. Not if I don't have to.
Until next time....
Shalowm.
Hey Praise The Lord my Brother... it's all good. I don't even post from a phone myself... smile.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

REVELATION

Rev 1:9 (Part 2 continued from yesterday)

>>>>

"I, John, YOUR BROTHER AND COMPANION IN THE SUFFERING and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

1. IN THE SUFFERING - It is not just "physical pain suffering" which a lot of Christians endured in that day simply because of their beliefs - but they were also being "vexed" by those who opposed them or tried to hinder them from spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ... whether those opposers be peers, merchants, military, civilian or religious authorities. So when the holy scriptures refer to suffering in the affliction sense it is not always necessarily through physical oppression by someone or a group... but it could also be emotional suffering when one is being vexed by an opposer or even when one denies self in order to keep one in a humble state. Now, this particular John who acknowledges himself in the verse above, was a political prisoner for preaching the Gospel and Lordwilling we can look further into that later. But please remember that in the beginning of the earliest church periods, the preaching of the Good News was seen as illegal by the Jewish authorities, then later on by other civilian authorities, and then by the Roman empire initially. It's hard to imagine that this little, rag-tag group of Believers were affecting the socio-religious orders of that day. As more and more converted to Christ, the less and less some of the merchants made which also affected tax revenue. So then basically, The Christians, also known then as the Followers of the Way (Not The Way International) had a trumped up charge similar to what we would consider, disturbing the peace. Not disturbing it intentionally or by their own design but by graciously living their lives in the light of Christ and telling the truth about Jesus.

A. Prophecy of Jesus: Matthew 10:17 thru 39

(1) Jesus:“A student is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebub, HOW MUCH MORE the members of his household!"

a. Beelzebub: Basically they called Jesus the Prince of Demons/Lord of the flies (Beelzebub had various expressions but basically it was considered by the Jews as the foulest of all evil spirits)...so Jesus pretty much had to endure vexation (emotional suffering ) from his enemies long before His crucifixion.

Continued...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide.
Sequel Part 3

Jesus: "They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, RECEIVE THE WORD WITH JOY... and these have no root, WHICH FOR A WHILE BELIEVE, and in time of temptation FALL AWAY..."

Luke 8:13

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Goooooood Afternoon to everyone... God loves you all. Saying hello to Chris, Roberta G, G-man, RA, Drew, Skom, Ep, Both Docs, Cindy, GW, Senecus...

Hope everyone is having a great day...

:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think God is standing over everybody with a big club in His hand just waiting on one of His Beloved Children to make a mistake. I hope you dont treat your children like that (if you have any)..God says if your earthly father can give you good things..HOW much MORE, your Heavenly Father can give you...You just posted where God Is Longsuffering towards us and then you want Christians to doubt their salvation!!! Q, you will answer for any seed of doubt that you sow into a believers heart. You are to preach The GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ..NOT on human effort, which is works. You have become a modern day Pharisee..And a preacher man like you should know what Matthew 5:20 says about that..
Grace

With all due respect I don't think Q is trying to get people to doubt their salvation at all. I think he is trying to ensure people don't take it for granted. I was hoping to hear back from Drew on why a Christian feeling bad about sinning would be of the devil but Christ warned us many, many times how importance obedience is. While it is true there is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST we are told what we must do stay IN CHRIST and in His love

JOHN 15

3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

What do you think of the following verses?

Matt.6:14-15
For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

And for the following, doesn't a man need the spirit in order to have faith and believe, even for a while?

Luke 8:13
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Again, until I hear back from Drew I am not going to assume anything but let me say just in general what I believe Q is warning us about is exactly what Jesus warned us about and that is don't think you can just go around sinning and no longer need to repent or forgive others or to be obedient just because you have faith because you must put your faith in action

No God is not holding a big club over our heard. Not to those that love Him because the Bible says those that love Him will obey the commandments.

Now I have tried to stay out of this for the most part but when you guys start talking about trying to get people to doubt their salvation and feeling bad about sinning of of the devil or anything contrary to what you believe is of the devil then I feel compelled to show that everything that has been said is Biblical. And I have asked you about these verses before and got no response. It is obviously fine for you to believe whatever you want. And you don't have to give your interpretation of scripture or even incorporate it in your beliefs if you don't want. Obviously your beliefs are between you and God if that is where you wish to keep them. But I can tell you what has been said here has been supported by scripture, the same scripture many people have refused to respond to. Just saying

With that said i like your passion and conviction but please try to avoid labeling those who don't agree with you as anti-Christian, especially when they are providing you the scripture

(T) Peace
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
Goooooood Afternoon to everyone... God loves you all. Saying hello to Chris, Roberta G, G-man, RA, Drew, Skom, Ep, Both Docs, Cindy, GW, Senecus...
Hope everyone is having a great day...
:)
I am good in the Lord but have the news on. Will have to turn this off. Its just too much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Edit: sorry, meant to type over our HEAD not HEARD

and also should say

and feeling bad about sinning IS of the devil not "of of" the devil

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

REVELATION

Rev 1:9 (Part 2 continued from today)

>>>>

"I, John, YOUR BROTHER AND COMPANION IN THE SUFFERING and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

1. IN THE SUFFERING - "Why in the world" can't Jesus just take away all this suffering from Christians in particular... they're suppose to be saved, right?

A. Even though we are not of the world, we are in the world. Still living within and experiencing this worldly system where sin still exists which was originally brought in by our first parents...and our flesh and senses are the first things which interfaces with this worldly standard ---> where satan is the prince of power of the air, where spiritual wickedness exists and a myriad of temptations abound that affect us in some way. So interaction being the case, we will suffer something of in one way or another because we are a rebuke to the world. And of course, we can cause our own sufferings by certain foods we ingest that manifests itself later on in our bodies...

(1) Jesus: ""I have told you these things, so that IN ME you may have PEACE. IN THIS WORLD you will have TROUBLE. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

(2) Apostle Paul: "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted..." 2 Tim 3:12

(3) "They encouraged them to continue in the faith, reminding them that we must suffer many hardships to enter the Kingdom of God." Acts 14:22

B. When Jesus sets up His Kingdom on the new earth there will be no more sorrow yadda yadda. God wants individuals within The Body of Christ to remain here for the time being to be observing the first 2 great commandments about Loving God and one's neighbor which would include things like being:

(1) FAITHFUL and remaining FAITHFUL to Jesus.

(2) A Witness for Christ

(3) One who is growing in the Grace and Knowledge of the Truth

(4) One will undergo various trials (suffering) to have their faith purified

(5) A blessing and encouragement to others

(6) A person who will endure to the end.

(7) Many other reasons.

C. Sometimes, the enemy of our souls is allowed by God to make us suffer. The enemy means it for evil but God means it for our Good... Continued next (last) >>>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
To All...
I've noticed not a few that oppose judging, but yet, I see a lot of negative "Judge it" icons being distributed. Yes, I'm one that receives these negative icons, but that matters little. I'm more concerned about those that receive these negative icons regardless of what they post.
These negative "Judge it" icons serve to prove two things, if anything. One, perhaps we're not all as opposed to judging as we think we are. And two, respect of persons is alive and well in this thread. Case in point...
In post #470574, on page 22704, I joked around with Qu-innocence without saying anything to offend anyone. My joke was not of anything regarding any doctrine, whatsoever. Rather, I made fun of myself, by, in a nutshell, calling myself "long-winded," as I typically use almost all 4000 characters in almost every post. And yet, I received two "Clueless," one "Nuts," and one "Disagree," as "Judge it" icons.
A crying shame, this is, that nothing is respected here. Not beliefs, opinions, or even appropriate jokes. If anything, these negative "Judge it" icons are a testimony against all of us.
Whoever it is distributing these icons should examine themselves more thoroughly.
I wouldn't worry much about them brother as it is only one of two options

1) The same type of 'adult' that uses multiple identities and goes around iconning posts based on person or

2) An adult not comfortable enough in their posting ability or biblical knowledge to actual reply and instead expresses themselves through little pictures

Either way it isn't an opinion I would put any time to.

Now personally I don't care a whole lot where someone falls on this issue so long as they know they need to be obedient and still repent when they do wrong.

Admittedly I think it is a little naive or perhaps arrogant depending on the circumstances to think we are no longer capable of falling away. The Bible says repeatedly that it is better that we never even knew the truth than to know it and fall away away in times of temptation and we have pages of rooms in here filled with people who used to believe deeply and left the faith. This is not to suggest people need to live in fear but rather is saying there is no reason to be cocky either. Yes Jesus will always be there for us, if anybody in the relationship walks away first it certainly won't be Him.

But how is feeling bad about sinning of the devil?

How is telling people they need to stay devoted to Christ an anti-Christian sentiment?

How is reminding people that the things they should be doing out of love anyway akin to God holding a club over our heads?

These are some of the things I have heard others say as people are often quick to tell anyone who doesn't agree with them that what they believe is of the devil but then when you provide them the scripture from God they don't acknowledge it. I won't speculate as to why although I think I could pretty easily.

But the main point here is that Christians ought to be able to discuss their beliefs and yes even their differences and do so hoping to learn from one another or at least understand where the other is coming from. All this "of the devil" stuff is nonsense. And these are the people who actually care enough to participate. So if you are expecting more out of the ones that don't and only icon I am afraid you are expecting to much

But your efforts and passion are appreciated by me and I am sure i am not the only one. A lot of times people are afraid to even put a thought out there if they think they can't match someone scripture for scripture because they don't want to be accused of being anti-Christian or of the devil. But people should be able to speak freely and believe freely and even disagree freely as last I checked we are all supposed to be on the same side

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Edit Grace

Sorry I always forget to include the last verse as it is split up by the page break in my notes, I am going to have to correct that

John 15
10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace
With all due respect I don't think Q is trying to get people to doubt their salvation at all. I think he is trying to ensure people don't take it for granted.(T) Peace
Thanks Skom, you helped to strengthen my faith... that's "zackly" how I'm thinkun'... I understand that it isn't any of my business how one believes but hopefully someone may take it to heart one day.

I had felt the same way OSAS gospel believers feel when I first heard any opposition to One Saved Always Saved... took me about 6 months to about a year to get over that. God is love and all but He's is, whewwww, Holy.

But this OSAS is at such a crescendo (sp) that those who once opposed Doc REALITY claims of salvation in the past are now making him the Golden Boy because he believes in OSAS... lol...'tis true what Jesus said,

"To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

“‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;

we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say,‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say,‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and “sinners.”’ But wisdom is proved right by her actions.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

521 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 532,539
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Aura Mytha 720,497
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min israeli cult must pay 115,045
New Iaeger ""Burgar"" 11 min Tony 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Aura Mytha 224,087
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min lightbeamrider 172,304
Don't end capital punishment!!: CHANGE IT!!!!!! 25 min Anon 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min Dr_Zorderz 256,440
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••