There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

"You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices. Mark 12:32-33

Note the last sentence.

Love is greater than sacrifices!

So, here is a heretical thought:

The ability to Love is more important than even Jesus' sacrifice.

Upon Love all 613 commandments hang.

So 'sin' is simply 'not loving'.

Just had to share that epiphany.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

The OSAS Sects wrote:
We believe in the OSAS doctrine!
When asked about the New Covenant law, or asked what laws we're to keep, almost automatically, people recite that which is found at Luke 10:25-28.

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind (Deut 6:5); and thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18). And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

These are the same laws that our anointed Savior quoted, at Matthew 22:34-40.

"But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind (Deut 6:5). This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18). On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

These answers are correct, of course. However, there's one answer of our Lord's that seems to be ignored, continually.

Matthew 19:16-19
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder (Ex 20:13), Thou shalt not commit adultery (Ex 20:14), Thou shalt not steal (Ex 20:15), Thou shalt not bear false witness (Ex 20:16),
Honour thy father and thy mother (Ex 20:12): and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18).

Now, what's the points to ponder?

Point #1 - After the lawyer answered our anointed Savior, our Lord replied, "Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

Point #2 - After the man asked what good thing he should do to inherit eternal life, our Lord replied, "..if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Then, the man asked "Which?" At that, our Lord answered, "Thou shalt do no murder (Ex 20:13), Thou shalt not commit adultery (Ex 20:14), Thou shalt not steal (Ex 20:15), Thou shalt not bear false witness (Ex 20:16),
Honour thy father and thy mother (Ex 20:12): and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18)."

Point #3 - These answers were given before the crucifixion. So, eternal life must have been offered even before the crucifixion, or our Lord would have been lying to these men.

Point #4 - Not all the commandments our Lord gave these men were from the decalogue, as I've shown above.

Point #5 - Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

At Matthew 7:13, our anointed Savior is quoted as saying, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat."

Can anyone explain how having faith in grace, without any works and for salvation, is a "strait gate," and not a "wide gate," or a "broad way"?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think God is standing over everybody with a big club in His hand just waiting on one of His Beloved Children to make a mistake. I hope you dont treat your children like that (if you have any)..God says if your earthly father can give you good things..HOW much MORE, your Heavenly Father can give you...You just posted where God Is Longsuffering towards us and then you want Christians to doubt their salvation!!! Q, you will answer for any seed of doubt that you sow into a believers heart. You are to preach The GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ..NOT on human effort, which is works. You have become a modern day Pharisee..And a preacher man like you should know what Matthew 5:20 says about that..
Well said :)

Some people seem to think that God is waiting to zap us if we put so much as a toe out of line.'Tain't so. God wants us to LOVE Him AND TO TRUST HIM. Thinking of Him as some sort of celestial cop sure isn't TRUSTING Him.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I am beibg serious.
When I bring up OT commandments that people break al the time I get "no of that applies because of the New Covenant" yet when it is commandment that they want obeyed then I get "The Bible says it is a sin."
You can't have it both ways. Either ALL the OT laws/sins are done away with or they are not.
The only commandments from Jesus are:
Love God.
Love your neighbor.
Love Your enemies.
I love this passage from Paul:

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Do you understand it, G? It means "Don't sweat the small stuff, and don't waste your breath arguing with nit-pickers." You're a nit-picker, G.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dr..
I am doing great tonight. Feeling very blessed and loved by our Heavenly Father. He loves us so much. Have a great night and sleep peacefully my friend.
Thanks. U2.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
....And you bear witness to such, no?
Hee hee ;)
Teasin' ya Doc, but point well taken. There are those who feel they get a 'brownie point', another tally mark on the great celestial chalk board every time they darken a church door. They may be busy in service, yet in bondage. It becomes a 'works based' "salvation" if one senses such moves them towards a 'greater grace'.
Whatever,dude.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24..
I don't know how to say this without sounding condescending, but with all due respect, you really must learn the laws, prophecies, and psalms, as these all reveal to us the specific precepts of the law that were fulfilled on the cross.

One issue that begins when and while reading Paul's letters is that, many don't take into consideration that Paul was writing to established congregations. And because of this, Paul generalized much of his terminology, such as the terms "law" and "laws." It wasn't necessary that Paul write with spedifics every time he wrote of such matters. If you read Galatians 3 in context, Paul was referring, specifically, to the laws of sacrifice. This is why, at verse 10, Paul writes, "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse." Sacrifice was the only law that caused reconciliation and forgiveness of sins. Even once every year, every male was to be present during the sacrificial offering during the Day of Atonement. And if any were too proud and arrogant to make an offering, then they became cursed, as no forgiveness and reconciliation was possible. Our anointed Savior fulfilled this law, though, which freed us from the curse, which was death. So, if anyone chose to remain obedient to the sacrifice of animals after the crucifixion, then all the laws pertaining to the law of sacrifice, except for forgiveness and reconciliation, would remain for them.

Galatians 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law [of sacrifice]? It was added because of transgressions.

The reason that faith is mentioned at verse 23 is because until the crucifixion, Israel depended on the literal act of sacrifice for forgiveness and reconciliation without any consideration as to what it exposed of them and without any consideration as to its initial purpose. Sacrifice served sinners, for starters, and it was by sacrifice that the sinner was granted grace. Grace, just as it is now, is to assist us as we learn righteousness. The crucifixion fulfilled sacrifice, so Israel could no longer depend on it for righteousness.

NOTE: Sacrifice became a practice long before the law was given to Moses.
Grace Walker wrote:
what the law was for...You mean you havent found your GUIDE yet???
Our anointed Savior is called "the Word," as is the law. Will you separate the two?
Grace Walker wrote:
Let me introduce you to a man named JESUS...He is the guide to everything we need..not the law..Legalism has blinded you.
I agree, but how does he guide us? In what manner? By what principles?
Grace Walker wrote:
Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith.
Explain how your faith in our anointed Savior saves you. Faith in what?
Grace Walker wrote:
the moral law - the Law of God - shows people their sin and danger, and thus leads them to the Saviour. It condemns them, and thus prepares them to welcome the offer of pardon through a Redeemer.
At Romans 7:12 and 7:14, the law is "holy," "right," "good," and "spiritual." The law has always been to serve as a guide, so that we could discern between righteousness and unrighteousness.
Grace Walker wrote:
The Bible teaches that Jesus DIDN'T come into the world to condemn anyone; but rather, to save sinners. What a precious truth! It is the Law of God that condemns all mankind. Many people mistakenly believe that the Ten Commandments are a plan of salvation, but they are not. God's Law condemns all of us as miserable failures and guilty sinners (Romans 3:10-23).
I composes a post already that answers this.
Grace Walker wrote:
You ask where i get my knowledge??? The BIBLE......American Bible Academy...where do you get yours?
The bible...at home.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

*~*~*~*~*

It is FRIDAY.....

Success in life has nothing to do with
what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself.
Its what you do for others.

~ Danny Thomas

Thought For The Day

*~*~*~*~*

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Today's Prayer

Dear God, Please help me to be sensitive to other people's needs and feelings. Help me to love them and encourage them through special touches, like remembering special occasions through phone calls, prayers, notes, cards, visits, even gifts at times. Help me to always make other people feel special and valued, for they are all your creation and deserve to be valued. I pray that through my words and actions, you will be glorified and lifted up and people will be drawn unto You. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime Time with God

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Do you understand it, G? It means "Don't sweat the small stuff, and don't waste your breath arguing with nit-pickers." You're a nit-picker, G.
Colossians 2:16-17
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, Roberta G.

On the contrary, Colossians 2:16-17 says nothing of the sort. What Paul was saying is that, none should give occasion that allows others to even think that we've not accepted what was fulfilled on the cross, these "shadows of things to come."

Paul's mention of "meat" and "drink" is in regards to those required by law, as offerings. The "holyday," too, was required by law, as was the "new moon" and the precepts concerning the "sabbath days." To continue in any of these things would serve to prove nothing else but a lack of faith in the crucifixion of our anointed Savior and what it accomplished, as he fulfilled all these things. Paul also wrote, "Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain (Gal 4:10-11)."

What would you say of a person that continued to observe the Day of Atonement, in its entirety? or refused to kindle a fire during the weekly Sabbath? Did not our Lord fulfill these things? Shall we, also, sacrifice animals and disregard the judgment of others?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises!

Psalm 57:7

K-Love

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

To All...

I've noticed not a few that oppose judging, but yet, I see a lot of negative "Judge it" icons being distributed. Yes, I'm one that receives these negative icons, but that matters little. I'm more concerned about those that receive these negative icons regardless of what they post.

These negative "Judge it" icons serve to prove two things, if anything. One, perhaps we're not all as opposed to judging as we think we are. And two, respect of persons is alive and well in this thread. Case in point...

In post #470574, on page 22704, I joked around with Qu-innocence without saying anything to offend anyone. My joke was not of anything regarding any doctrine, whatsoever. Rather, I made fun of myself, by, in a nutshell, calling myself "long-winded," as I typically use almost all 4000 characters in almost every post. And yet, I received two "Clueless," one "Nuts," and one "Disagree," as "Judge it" icons.

A crying shame, this is, that nothing is respected here. Not beliefs, opinions, or even appropriate jokes. If anything, these negative "Judge it" icons are a testimony against all of us.

Whoever it is distributing these icons should examine themselves more thoroughly.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.bibleissues.org/eternal_security1....
There you go Q. It is a good article.
Happy reading. I wish I had more time to spend here, but I'm pretty busy teaching, reffing and tutoring. Got to take care of the young people, you know.
*~*~*~*~*~

:-)

Merry Christmas Drew (and tell Kim I said Merry Christmas also)...I will keep Kim in Healing prayers as she goes into surgery....

*~*~*~*~*~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
To All...
I've noticed not a few that oppose judging, but yet, I see a lot of negative "Judge it" icons being distributed. Yes, I'm one that receives these negative icons, but that matters little. I'm more concerned about those that receive these negative icons regardless of what they post.
These negative "Judge it" icons serve to prove two things, if anything. One, perhaps we're not all as opposed to judging as we think we are. And two, respect of persons is alive and well in this thread. Case in point...
In post #470574, on page 22704, I joked around with Qu-innocence without saying anything to offend anyone. My joke was not of anything regarding any doctrine, whatsoever. Rather, I made fun of myself, by, in a nutshell, calling myself "long-winded," as I typically use almost all 4000 characters in almost every post. And yet, I received two "Clueless," one "Nuts," and one "Disagree," as "Judge it" icons.
A crying shame, this is, that nothing is respected here. Not beliefs, opinions, or even appropriate jokes. If anything, these negative "Judge it" icons are a testimony against all of us.
Whoever it is distributing these icons should examine themselves more thoroughly.
Morning BLL....

We call her our "Icon Fairy"...She has been doing that for close to 3 years now...No ryhme or reason for them...Dont take it personal...Its not just you....It is situation of praying for a person who sits hour after hour day after day hitting negative judge icons on all our posts.

What....YOU "Longwinded"?....Nah

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to God, is through Jesus Christ.That is the only way that is acceptable to God. Do you not believe this?
No I do not.

Christ is a Greek King, not the same as the Messiah of Judaism.

IMHO Jesus was neither.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

*~*~*~*~*~

Whoa....Alot of good posts overnight...It is great to read and learn each others beliefs...and talk about them without any NAME CALLING...

Christmas carol time....

Rockin around the Christmas Tree...Amy Grant

http://youtu.be/AMLUKmie9RU

*~*~*~*~*~

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>When asked about the New Covenant law, or asked what laws we're to keep, almost automatically, people recite that which is found at Luke 10:25-28.
"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind (Deut 6:5); and thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18). And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."
These are the same laws that our anointed Savior quoted, at Matthew 22:34-40.
"But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind (Deut 6:5). This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18). On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
These answers are correct, of course. However, there's one answer of our Lord's that seems to be ignored, continually.
Matthew 19:16-19
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder (Ex 20:13), Thou shalt not commit adultery (Ex 20:14), Thou shalt not steal (Ex 20:15), Thou shalt not bear false witness (Ex 20:16),
Honour thy father and thy mother (Ex 20:12): and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18).
Now, what's the points to ponder?
Point #1 - After the lawyer answered our anointed Savior, our Lord replied, "Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."
Point #2 - After the man asked what good thing he should do to inherit eternal life, our Lord replied, "..if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Then, the man asked "Which?" At that, our Lord answered, "Thou shalt do no murder (Ex 20:13), Thou shalt not commit adultery (Ex 20:14), Thou shalt not steal (Ex 20:15), Thou shalt not bear false witness (Ex 20:16),
Honour thy father and thy mother (Ex 20:12): and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18)."
Point #3 - These answers were given before the crucifixion. So, eternal life must have been offered even before the crucifixion, or our Lord would have been lying to these men.
Point #4 - Not all the commandments our Lord gave these men were from the decalogue, as I've shown above.
Point #5 - Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."
At Matthew 7:13, our anointed Savior is quoted as saying, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat."
Can anyone explain how having faith in grace, without any works and for salvation, is a "strait gate," and not a "wide gate," or a "broad way"?
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Until next time...
Shalowm.
All very good points.

Note that "theft adultery and murder" are all non-loving acts.
Love is the basis for all the Law as Jesus said.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in Paul.
welp

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

he probably doesnt if you aren't dirt poor.. that's why i'm nuts// my religion keeps telling me i'm gonna burn in hell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

whish I was raised buddhist
welp

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

I took a screenshot of this guy in his bed and did it reverse colors or whatever negative mode. and then turned it into a magic the gathring card it looked hot..

it was a black and white card LOL.. it has like some crazy sht I put on it got creative as hel..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

402 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min Johnny 1,594
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 722,108
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min Student 38,483
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Mandela 115,598
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 21 min andet1987 3,993
Last Word + 2 23 min andet1987 290
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min guest 533,566
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 256,962
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••