Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#470753 Dec 14, 2012
HFN and Grace, thanks for your kind words. I'm doing fine, although I'm very saddened by what happened in Connecticut this morning. It's such a senseless tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to all the families that lost loved ones. And to anyone that has been affected by such an evil act that took so many innocent lives.

Roberta I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well tonight. I hope you're feeling better very soon.

I'm going to turn in early tonight. It's been a very emotionally taxing day after having seen pure evil on display. Hopefully a good nights sleep will so to speak "help me to recharge my batteries"

God bless.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#470754 Dec 14, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Hello Mrs. Grace. Are you an old poster here using a new name. I get that feeling. Are you Debbie??
Debbie??? LOL I might as well be..But I think I will just be Grace..Dont you think that name is prettier? I sure dont like the name that Quin gave me..(cindy). How are you tonight Dr? Its Friday!! YAY. I will be busy all day tomorrow. Getting ready to feed about 500 people a big Christmas dinner. Pray for our outreach ministry. We are a tiny group of people who loves to do big things for the Lord. He has truly blessed us with a loving church family. Love Ya Dr....:)

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#470755 Dec 14, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Hello Mrs. Grace. Are you an old poster here using a new name. I get that feeling. Are you Debbie??
Chill ...dork.

Location hidden

#470756 Dec 14, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
HFN and Grace, thanks for your kind words. I'm doing fine, although I'm very saddened by what happened in Connecticut this morning. It's such a senseless tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to all the families that lost loved ones. And to anyone that has been affected by such an evil act that took so many innocent lives.
Roberta I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well tonight. I hope you're feeling better very soon.
I'm going to turn in early tonight. It's been a very emotionally taxing day after having seen pure evil on display. Hopefully a good nights sleep will so to speak "help me to recharge my batteries"
God bless.
Yes RA...My heart breaks for these people. I have been praying for them all and will continue to do so. Get some peaceful rest my friend. God wants His beloved children to be well rested. Goodnight and love to you and yours..

Location hidden

#470757 Dec 14, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure that you think you do creep, but then again..........I just consider the source and pity you, tsk tsk tsk.
Dr Reality is not a creep..He just speaks his mind and keeps it REAL..God Loves him.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#470758 Dec 14, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You always go running up the stairs like Rocky claiming victory where there is none, skippy. You can't get anyone to play with you, so you have to claim your imaginary victory. So be it. Have fun with your delusions skippy.
Bonsoir Water Nymph, how are you cher? Your avatar is beautiful.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Location hidden

#470759 Dec 14, 2012
I would like the victims of this latest shooting to know that my heart breaks and bleeds for all the innocent lives that were taken so soon *Sobs* may God in his infinite wisdom grant you eternal peace, joy and serenity. May God bless all here!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#470760 Dec 14, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Debbie??? LOL I might as well be..But I think I will just be Grace..Dont you think that name is prettier? I sure dont like the name that Quin gave me..(cindy). How are you tonight Dr? Its Friday!! YAY. I will be busy all day tomorrow. Getting ready to feed about 500 people a big Christmas dinner. Pray for our outreach ministry. We are a tiny group of people who loves to do big things for the Lord. He has truly blessed us with a loving church family. Love Ya Dr....:)
U2,.....Lil' Whispers...????:(
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#470761 Dec 14, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Reality is not a creep..He just speaks his mind and keeps it REAL..God Loves him.
Dat so tweet! Night!!

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470762 Dec 14, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
For as by one man's disobedience ( Adam) many were made sinners, so by the obedience of ONE ( JESUS) shall MANY be made righteous.

NO where does it say by the obdedience of Quin, Quin will be made righteous.. That would be called SELF RIGHTEOUS..
1John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as [our anointed Savior] is righteous.

2Corinthians 5:10
For WE must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that HE hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Revelation 20:12-13
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their WORKS.
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their WORKS.
Grace Walker wrote:
by Adam's sin all his posterity are made sinners, and so are brought under a sentence of condemnation; in like manner by the obedience of Christ, all his seed are made righteous, and come under a sentence of justification of life.. Now if knowing this makes a person go out and sin...just because...He doesn't understand WHO he is in Christ
Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience MANY WERE MADE SINNERS, so by the obedience of one SHALL MANY BE MADE RIGHTEOUS.

Let's examine this. Shall we?

First, I think it's important we notice that Paul wrote that "by one man's disobedience many WERE MADE sinners." This is past-tense. Then, he wrote that "by the obedience of one shall many BE MADE righteous." This is composed as a future occurrence.(NOTE: You had said that "by the obedience of Christ, all his seed ARE MADE righteous, and come under a sentence of justification of life." You made Paul's statement present-tense, which I'm sure was a minor oversight on your part.) But, Paul's statement can only bring us to one of two conclusions, then. And only one can be right.

CONCLUSION #1 - None are considered righteous as of yet, as this is a future occurrence.

CONCLUSION #2 - This is not referring to any future occurrence, at all, but a method!

I'm going with CONCLUSION #2. How about you?

Indeed, it's by the obedience of our anointed Savior that many shall be made righteous. What did Paul mean, though?

Our anointed Savior was perfect in and according to the law for more than the reason of being a perfect sacrifice for us. Our anointed Savior was perfect in and according to the law to serve as our examples so that, by his example, we could become perfect ourselves. Our anointed Savior said, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (Matt 5:48)." Then, Peter wrote, "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy (1Pe 1:15-16)." And last, but not least, Paul wrote, "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection (Heb 6:1)." None of these should be taken lightly, ignored, or worse yet, rejected. But, this is what Paul meant.

This is why Paul wrote in future-tense. Paul was not referring to any righteousness that has already occurred, or a righteousness that will occur after the kingdom of glory is established, but righteousness that occurs when and after one learns, imitates, and becomes, righteous, just as our anointed Savior is righteous. And in this, all praise and glory goes to the source and rewarder of our righteousness!

NOTE: No righteousness is of self, as all righteousness begins with, and is taught by, Father. Therefore, we can only imitate and adopt, as our own, what we've learned. He that does righteousness is righteous, even as our anointed Savior is righteous.

Location hidden

#470763 Dec 14, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> With all due respect RG do not tell me not to respond to any post on this thread as I am a regular here and have every right to express my opinion here as much as anyone else, and will continue to do so, please remember that.
As for the "fictional" man, there nothing fictional about the circumstances mention and you cannot fall into and turn away from. God and still be saved.
Blessings.
With all due respest- Lawlest-
you are not a regular on this thread..

You slithered your self into this thread-
as your friend Quin did..

Soap box drama and all..

I
just don't see or read Christ in either of you..

Never have..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#470764 Dec 14, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
+++++++
Please pray for the families in the Conneticut Elementary School shooting. So far 18 children confirmed dead....
+++++++++
:-(
Just sickening. Not like any time wouldn't be horrific but just seems even worse if that is possible that is was right before the holidays when families were making plans to gather and see loved ones and a time of year that people normally treat each other a little better.

I know this was the act of one person but it is hard not to feel a little sickened towards mankind in general when things like this happen. There should be some type of natural limit that no human being should be capable of passing. How could someone do such a thing to children?

I am not going to politicize this be in gun control but I did want to make one brief comment about religion. Often people have suggested without religion and the deaths that have been done in its name that somehow the world would become a better place. I personally think people will always use excuses and rationalizations and if they didn't use religion they would use nationalism or race or ethnicity or power or greed or bigotry or whatever to hurt each other. Yet on the flip side people's faith also motivates them to go the extra mile when doing good. Yes people can be altruistic without faith but I see how faith motivates people to push themselves when it comes to giving of themselves instead of giving into laziness of apathy. There are millions of acts of kindness done every day by people of faith who are trying to live their faith.

I mention my position on that only because of the point I want to make now which is how after days like today can people have any doubt of the evil man can be capable of?

Way too often as a society our focus is split and there is so much stupid in-fighting among the wrong people instead of pulling together as human beings. Christians fighting with Christians, Christians fighting with unbelievers. Black fighting with white. Democrat fighting with Republican and so on. There are only two sides that matter as far as society and that is good against evil. Moral people with superficial differences or differences in beliefs or ideology should still be able to work together.

For a while after 9-11 people pulled together as Americans but people should just pull together as human beings. Why does it always take the worst tragedy before people realize that? And then it always fades with time

Hug a loved one tonight

Say prayers for the heart-broken parents

Do something kind for a stranger

We need more love in the world. Things like this should never happen.

Location hidden

#470765 Dec 14, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
The obedience that comes of faith is of a noble sort. The obedience of a slave ranks very little higher than the obedience of a well-trained horse or dog, for it is tuned to the crack of the whip. Obedience which is not cheerfully rendered is not the obedience of the heart, and consequently is of little worth before God. If the man obeys because he has no opportunity of doing otherwise, and if, were he free, he would at once become a rebel—there is nothing in his obedience. The obedience of faith springs from a principle within, and not from compulsion without. It is sustained by the mind's soberest reasoning and the heart's warmest passion. The man reasons with himself that he ought to obey his Redeemer, his Father, his God; and, at the same time, the love of Christ constrains him so to do, and thus what argument suggests affection performs. A sense of great obligation, an apprehension of the fitness of obedience, and spiritual renewal of heart, work an obedience which becomes essential to the sanctified soul.
C. H. SPURGEON
Man has free will so obedience will always be a choice

But obedience is not guaranteed simply because someone believes.

James 1:22
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

I saw in another post you spoke of righteousness and yes only through God can someone be but a verse to consider:

Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

We are told repeatedly by Jesus obedience is tied into salvation:

Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

Luke 10
27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”28“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”

Matthew 25
45"He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

John 15
6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Jesus specifically says our actions matter when it comes to salvation. He also says if we want to be perfect then give all we have to the poor and we will have treasure in Heaven and come follow him. He says we must forgive others for the father to forgive us. He says by our words we will be saved or condemned.

If people accept it takes repentance and faith then why should obedience be a surprise or staying faithful? And why is repentance not a work if truly our actions don't matter? Just some food for thought

Peter 1:17
If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470766 Dec 14, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>First, thank you for your encouraging words and understanding. Secondly, I agree.
What I find odd is how some of these that believe in the OSAS doctrine accuse those of us that don't of living in some sort of fear, which is what they believe urges us to keep the commandments. I can't help but think that the opposite would be true, though. If this were true, wouldn't we readily accept such a doctrine, to rid the fear? But, we don't. And I believe that we have a perfectly good explanation for our rejection of such a doctrine, which we've been quoting repeatedly. And yet, they repeatedly reject the quotes while continuing to accuse us of living in fear. They won't even address the quotes to expose our error, if one does exist!
Speaking for myself, and perhaps the rest of us, I don't live in fear. I don't keep the commandments because I'm commanded to, nor because I fear punishment. I keep the commandments because I know my obedience will benefit all those I encounter! But, I also know the danger in using the liberty granted me to even pursue the thought of a fleshly occasion. After all, the wages of sin is death.
QUESTION: Does faith in grace save us?
ANSWER: Yes, if we take advantage of it without taking it for granted.
It would definitely be easier to just believe no matter what I do or how bad or how many times or how little I help others or worship or forgive or no matter what area I could choose to disregard that my spot is guaranteed

There are some that will tell you that if the shooter of these children today was a believer that he is saved because of once-saved and some that don't believe in an age of accountability would also say his victims that haven't accepted Christ are condemned.

I just don't believe that. And not because I don't want to because if I could decide what I believed I would believe the former that no matter what I do that I am saved. But I don't see that in the Bible. I don't see that Christ died on the Cross so that man could do whatever he wanted and for any that say a "true believer" wouldn't do this or that then why can't they show me in the Bible where it makes a distinction between believer and true believer? It is because there is not. There are just believers and like it shows in Luke and Hebrews and Peter and throughout the Bible, some believers will fall away

If that shooter was a Christian, there is no doubt in my mind he returned to the world like a dog to his vomit

2Peter 2:20-22
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

I understand many who believe once-saved do not look at it as a free pass and live the same way or better as people who believe obedience is required. But some do not. Some do not obey at all. They don't repent. They don't love. They don't help others. And they don't remain in Christ. And those people are the ones I believe this verse is for:

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470767 Dec 14, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
They believed God.
Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.
Genesis 15:6 Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.
James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says,“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.
HI Roberta G!

Nice to meet you..
:)

Location hidden

#470768 Dec 14, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Are you your brother's keeper?
James 5:19-20
My brothers if anyone among you wonders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins"

I am beginning to wonder what some feel their responsibilities are now that they feel their salvation is guaranteed.

It would seem some have implied they no longer need to repent or even feel bad about sinning

Now others seem to be saying as fellow believers we shouldn't intervene at all if we think another is stumbling

I have also heard many people say they shouldn't be forced to help anyone when talking politics in regards to things like healthcare yet religiously speaking they claim obedience comes naturally. What reason would a Christian have for not wanting everyone to have healthcare?

Yet some of the same people will be the first in line to tell you that you are of the devil and that your faith is weak. And why? Because you believe what Jesus said over and over again that obedience matters? If someone has a different interpretation for those verses straight from Jesus I am open to discussion. Or when it would apply when Jesus said you must forgive others for your father in Heaven to forgive you. Everything Jesus taught was under the two greatest commandments and both being necessary.

Again I want to make it clear I believe many who believe once-saved still do their best to be obedient because they want to be because they love Christ so it doesn't matter if they believe it is required as they are going to do it anyway. But I sincerely worry for the ones who do not and think it doesn't matter. Nothing we can do will aid in our salvation. Man is not capable of helping give himself eternal life in any way. But there are requirements or everyone would be saved, including those that left the faith. Repentance, faith, obedience.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470769 Dec 14, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly RA....I don't understand WHY Quin feels he had to falsely accuse me of anything. I have never been rude to him at all until he showed me his deceitful ways. I dont even know who cindy is but whoever she is I wish she would come back and introduce herself. She must have really showed him a thing or two. She was probably just spreading the Gospel that he disagreed with and just like he has done to me, He stared slandering her personally. A cheap shot to say the least. How are you doing tonight RA?
Every single time someone has asked a poster if they are Cindy they have responded that Cindy must have really gotten the best of them. Since Topix has so many people using multiple identities and playing games and being dishonest it would seem to me an expected response would be "I don't use other identities" or "no I am not her" or "why would you think I am".

Normally the identities of those that said that )which I noticed the other poster asked said the same thing) have all turned out to be Cindy so the response didn't surprise me. This time it did because I don't think you are her because while she is good at looking stuff up it is obvious when someone is just regurgitating something they Googled normally and IMO your knowledge seems first-hand. But I was wondering though why you assumed the other poster got the best of him? If it is because you are unaware of how many people use different identities or the lengths they will go to when using them, please indulge me for a moment.

The poster in question has spent three years infiltrating this room with at least 12 different identities she got caught in, her latest just a few months back. She got one of her closest friends on Topix to invite her to this room under THREE different identities by following her to other rooms and befriending her under aliases so when she got her she could say the other poster invited her so it would throw off suspicion. She has pretended to be a man and a woman. She would go to local forums from whatever proxy she was using to establish a cover. And when one identity became ineffectual she would just create a new one. She also opened up her own room and to make it look busy created like 10 identities and literally every post in the room for pages was her talking to herself!

Obviously someone who is not being deceitful will be naturally offended if they are unaware of some of the games and lunatics on Topix. But hopefully now you have a better idea why some people are often suspicious of new posters who quickly become regulars despite a relatively low post count because it has happened so many times in the past. It really has been one of the craziest things I have witnessed first-hand but I would need hours and pages to even give you the tip of the iceberg. But again I shared all this just because I wanted you to know why Q asked. And while she is the one of the worst offenders there are many posters on Topix that use multiple IDs. The unfortunate fallout has been a distrust of new posters as quite often they have turned out not to be new at all

)T) Peace

Location hidden

#470770 Dec 14, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
NO where does it say by the obdedience of Quin, Quin will be made righteous.. That would be called SELF RIGHTEOUS..
Also wanted to add some more scripture. We are only righteous when doing the will of the father but our acts do indeed matter when they are done in the name of faith

Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

The three things to keep in mind are

1) Without faith our works mean nothing
2) We are not to boast of our works as it is God's grace that saves
3) We are only righteous when obedient

But you will often hear people say works are like filthy rags. But that is works without faith. But more importantly that originally was about believers who did not remain faithful as that originated from the OT. It wasn't just about people who never believed

Isaiah 64:6
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

So ironically, that verse is one of the most powerful ones for why obedience is needed because if one stops being faithful and keeps sinning they can no longer please God by anything they do.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#470771 Dec 15, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>
CONCLUSION #2 - This is not referring to any future occurrence, at all, but a method!
I'm going with CONCLUSION #2. How about you?
No surprise I agree but of course it is referring to a method otherwise everyone would be saved

Romans 5
6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

If the sacrifice meant we don't need to be obedient or even remain faithful then every sinner is saved.

But if that sacrifice meant Christ took the punishment for our past transgressions which would have been death so when he was lifted on the cross all men would be drawn to him and consequently to the father, a call that only few will answer, and the ones who repent, and are faithful and obedient and trust in Christ for salvation can be saved then it would explain why not every sinner was saved by the Sacrifice.

The Sacrifice did exactly what is was supposed to. Jesus was fully glorified allowing man to receive the Spirit which happens if they answer the call that goes out to all men who were drawn to Christ after He was lifted on the Cross. And because Jesus took our punishment for sin which was death every man has a chance to answer the call. But it didn't automatically make anyone righteous. It simply provided a way for all men to be saved by coming to Christ when called

(T) Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470772 Dec 15, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's general knowledge that God loves us ALL, and DR may speak his mind but that mind has proven time and again that it speaks NOT from spirit given influence and seldom rises about the maturity level of the many unbelievers that he often argues with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min nanoanomaly 87,969
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min crucifiedguy 284,507
FATIH SIEMENS Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 35 SIEMENS F... 42 min buzser 1
Siemens Cerrahpasa Siemens Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62... 45 min buzser 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min Devil number 666 977,214
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Truthiness 480
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Truthiness 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 665,191
More from around the web