Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#470618 Dec 13, 2012
If Jesus didn't come into the world to condemn sinners, then neither should we. Jesus came to SAVE SINNERS and that is the wonderful message of the Gospel. Romans 4:5 wonderfully proclaims,“But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” Amen and amen! A man's faith is COUNTED for righteousness, because we have no self-righteousness of our own to offer God (Isaiah 64:6). The Bible says here that Jesus justifieth THE UNGODLY, by faith. That is the only type of person that Jesus ever saves, an ungodly person, for to be anything else is self-righteousness.

Lordship Salvationists errantly teach that a person must have intent to reform or else they cannot be saved. That is not what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches that an ungodly man's faith is counted for righteousness. Thus, he needs no righteousness of his own, and a good thing, because we have none to offer. JESUS CAME TO SAVE SINNERS!

John 8:32,36,“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free ... If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

What freedom do you have in the Law? All those who dont believe in Grace..What did Jesus free you from?
LEE ANN

Old Saybrook, CT

#470619 Dec 13, 2012
Take time to wish each other a Merry CHRISTMAS....

Simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470620 Dec 13, 2012
Satan just loves to get into a new Christian's mind and tell all kinds of deceiving suggestions. Just like he did with Eve.

After all, Satan is the Father of a lie. He will throw guilt and doubts to us, might even throw a little truth in there so as to not be recognized.

Satan hates it when he thinks you might endure the
Faithfulness of Jesus Christ until the end.So he wants to make you think you better be perfect.

We are not perfect, until the perfect comes.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#470621 Dec 13, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>There are a lot of people attending,and actively being involved in,churches who are 'stone cold' UNSAVED.
....And you bear witness to such, no?

Hee hee ;)

Teasin' ya Doc, but point well taken. There are those who feel they get a 'brownie point', another tally mark on the great celestial chalk board every time they darken a church door. They may be busy in service, yet in bondage. It becomes a 'works based' "salvation" if one senses such moves them towards a 'greater grace'.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#470622 Dec 13, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Steve, Yes I am looking forward to the holidays. My wife is scheduled for surgery on the 21st of December, just one day after her Christmas break begins, but she should be back to normal before she goes back to work.
Hello Drew, hope nothing serious and didn't know.

Look forward to a little R&R during holidays ,too. May catch up with you here a bit more then, take care:)
Simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470623 Dec 13, 2012
LEE ANN wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pzEbY2IJSHEXX
And a Merry Christmas to you.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#470624 Dec 13, 2012
LEE ANN wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pzEbY2IJSHEXX
Why hello Lee Ann! How's things at HWDYNYB? Have to pay a visit there, just didn't want any of the 'rabble' to follow me there to upset you 'home':)

Be blest...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#470625 Dec 13, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
share Good News and Gospel of true God,
is to scriptualy remind all people very important commandments of God,
Gods blessings and Gods Condemnation
Quin is doing good work called good news and Gods Gospel,he quote Scripture and follow Scripture advises
but you don't follow Scripture or Bible advices,
only from yourselves advises others and Quin what they have to do?
look at all your spiritual and body sins,and ask question to yourselves

DO I FIT 2 COR 7;1
HAVING THEREFORE THESE PROMISES,DEARLY BELOVED,
LET US CLEANS OURSELVES FROM ALL FILTHNESS OF THE FLESH(INCLUDED HOMSEXUALITY ROM 1;24-32) AND SPIRIT,
PERFECTING HOLINESS IN THE FEAR OF GOD.

Please?first direct own chorchoidal advices to yourselves,and not tell someone figuraly to be SHUT UP and leave rest to Him
our duty is to expose sin of each human beig,and follow steps of Jesus and His heavenly apostolic high moraly church 2 thess 2;1
have good night,and from next day at first try to correct your own beliefs if they fit 100% Bible teachings
I'm curious, Shrink. Just what is it I have said that is NOT Biblically correct? Just what "beliefs of mine" do you think need correction?

I'd also like to know what part of the Bible says our duty is "to expose sin of each human being." I was rather under the impression that was God's job.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470626 Dec 13, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Gimme a break.
Nope.

I am beibg serious.

When I bring up OT commandments that people break al the time I get "no of that applies because of the New Covenant" yet when it is commandment that they want obeyed then I get "The Bible says it is a sin."

You can't have it both ways. Either ALL the OT laws/sins are done away with or they are not.

The only commandments from Jesus are:

Love God.
Love your neighbor.
Love Your enemies.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470627 Dec 13, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still splitting hairs, Lawest. Do you remember the parable of the man who hired workers in the morning, at noon, toward evening and then paid them all the same?
Thou shalt not get paid time and a half for overtime.
Thou shalt not recieve a shift work bonus.

Thus sayeth Ebenezer Christ.

Thou wilt be visitied by three Holy Spirits;

The Holy Spirit of paychecks past
The Holy Spirit of paychecks present
and
The Holy Spirit of April 16th

LOL
Simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470628 Dec 13, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I am beibg serious.
When I bring up OT commandments that people break al the time I get "no of that applies because of the New Covenant" yet when it is commandment that they want obeyed then I get "The Bible says it is a sin."
You can't have it both ways. Either ALL the OT laws/sins are done away with or they are not.
Love God.
Love your neighbor.
Love Your enemies.
The only way to God, is through Jesus Christ.That is the only way that is acceptable to God. Do you not believe this?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470629 Dec 13, 2012
"You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Mark 12:32-33

Note the last sentence.

Love is greater than sacrifices!

So, here is a heretical thought:

The ability to Love is more important than even Jesus' sacrifice.

Upon Love all 613 commandments hang.

So 'sin' is simply 'not loving'.

Just had to share that epiphany.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470630 Dec 13, 2012
The OSAS Sects wrote:
We believe in the OSAS doctrine!
When asked about the New Covenant law, or asked what laws we're to keep, almost automatically, people recite that which is found at Luke 10:25-28.

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind (Deut 6:5); and thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18). And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

These are the same laws that our anointed Savior quoted, at Matthew 22:34-40.

"But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind (Deut 6:5). This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18). On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

These answers are correct, of course. However, there's one answer of our Lord's that seems to be ignored, continually.

Matthew 19:16-19
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder (Ex 20:13), Thou shalt not commit adultery (Ex 20:14), Thou shalt not steal (Ex 20:15), Thou shalt not bear false witness (Ex 20:16),
Honour thy father and thy mother (Ex 20:12): and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18).

Now, what's the points to ponder?

Point #1 - After the lawyer answered our anointed Savior, our Lord replied, "Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live."

Point #2 - After the man asked what good thing he should do to inherit eternal life, our Lord replied, "..if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Then, the man asked "Which?" At that, our Lord answered, "Thou shalt do no murder (Ex 20:13), Thou shalt not commit adultery (Ex 20:14), Thou shalt not steal (Ex 20:15), Thou shalt not bear false witness (Ex 20:16),
Honour thy father and thy mother (Ex 20:12): and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself (Lev 19:18)."

Point #3 - These answers were given before the crucifixion. So, eternal life must have been offered even before the crucifixion, or our Lord would have been lying to these men.

Point #4 - Not all the commandments our Lord gave these men were from the decalogue, as I've shown above.

Point #5 - Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

At Matthew 7:13, our anointed Savior is quoted as saying, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat."

Can anyone explain how having faith in grace, without any works and for salvation, is a "strait gate," and not a "wide gate," or a "broad way"?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

Location hidden

#470631 Dec 13, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think God is standing over everybody with a big club in His hand just waiting on one of His Beloved Children to make a mistake. I hope you dont treat your children like that (if you have any)..God says if your earthly father can give you good things..HOW much MORE, your Heavenly Father can give you...You just posted where God Is Longsuffering towards us and then you want Christians to doubt their salvation!!! Q, you will answer for any seed of doubt that you sow into a believers heart. You are to preach The GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ..NOT on human effort, which is works. You have become a modern day Pharisee..And a preacher man like you should know what Matthew 5:20 says about that..
Well said :)

Some people seem to think that God is waiting to zap us if we put so much as a toe out of line.'Tain't so. God wants us to LOVE Him AND TO TRUST HIM. Thinking of Him as some sort of celestial cop sure isn't TRUSTING Him.

Location hidden

#470632 Dec 13, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I am beibg serious.
Love God.
Love your neighbor.
Love Your enemies.
I love this passage from Paul:

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Do you understand it, G? It means "Don't sweat the small stuff, and don't waste your breath arguing with nit-pickers." You're a nit-picker, G.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#470633 Dec 14, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dr..
I am doing great tonight. Feeling very blessed and loved by our Heavenly Father. He loves us so much. Have a great night and sleep peacefully my friend.
Thanks. U2.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#470634 Dec 14, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
....And you bear witness to such, no?
Hee hee ;)
Teasin' ya Doc, but point well taken. There are those who feel they get a 'brownie point', another tally mark on the great celestial chalk board every time they darken a church door. They may be busy in service, yet in bondage. It becomes a 'works based' "salvation" if one senses such moves them towards a 'greater grace'.
Whatever,dude.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470635 Dec 14, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24..
I don't know how to say this without sounding condescending, but with all due respect, you really must learn the laws, prophecies, and psalms, as these all reveal to us the specific precepts of the law that were fulfilled on the cross.

One issue that begins when and while reading Paul's letters is that, many don't take into consideration that Paul was writing to established congregations. And because of this, Paul generalized much of his terminology, such as the terms "law" and "laws." It wasn't necessary that Paul write with spedifics every time he wrote of such matters. If you read Galatians 3 in context, Paul was referring, specifically, to the laws of sacrifice. This is why, at verse 10, Paul writes, "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse." Sacrifice was the only law that caused reconciliation and forgiveness of sins. Even once every year, every male was to be present during the sacrificial offering during the Day of Atonement. And if any were too proud and arrogant to make an offering, then they became cursed, as no forgiveness and reconciliation was possible. Our anointed Savior fulfilled this law, though, which freed us from the curse, which was death. So, if anyone chose to remain obedient to the sacrifice of animals after the crucifixion, then all the laws pertaining to the law of sacrifice, except for forgiveness and reconciliation, would remain for them.

Galatians 3:19
Wherefore then serveth the law [of sacrifice]? It was added because of transgressions.

The reason that faith is mentioned at verse 23 is because until the crucifixion, Israel depended on the literal act of sacrifice for forgiveness and reconciliation without any consideration as to what it exposed of them and without any consideration as to its initial purpose. Sacrifice served sinners, for starters, and it was by sacrifice that the sinner was granted grace. Grace, just as it is now, is to assist us as we learn righteousness. The crucifixion fulfilled sacrifice, so Israel could no longer depend on it for righteousness.

NOTE: Sacrifice became a practice long before the law was given to Moses.
Grace Walker wrote:
what the law was for...You mean you havent found your GUIDE yet???
Our anointed Savior is called "the Word," as is the law. Will you separate the two?
Grace Walker wrote:
Let me introduce you to a man named JESUS...He is the guide to everything we need..not the law..Legalism has blinded you.
I agree, but how does he guide us? In what manner? By what principles?
Grace Walker wrote:
Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith.
Explain how your faith in our anointed Savior saves you. Faith in what?
Grace Walker wrote:
the moral law - the Law of God - shows people their sin and danger, and thus leads them to the Saviour. It condemns them, and thus prepares them to welcome the offer of pardon through a Redeemer.
At Romans 7:12 and 7:14, the law is "holy," "right," "good," and "spiritual." The law has always been to serve as a guide, so that we could discern between righteousness and unrighteousness.
Grace Walker wrote:
The Bible teaches that Jesus DIDN'T come into the world to condemn anyone; but rather, to save sinners. What a precious truth! It is the Law of God that condemns all mankind. Many people mistakenly believe that the Ten Commandments are a plan of salvation, but they are not. God's Law condemns all of us as miserable failures and guilty sinners (Romans 3:10-23).
I composes a post already that answers this.
Grace Walker wrote:
You ask where i get my knowledge??? The BIBLE......American Bible Academy...where do you get yours?
The bible...at home.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#470636 Dec 14, 2012
*~*~*~*~*

It is FRIDAY.....

Success in life has nothing to do with
what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself.
It’s what you do for others.”

~ Danny Thomas

Thought For The Day

*~*~*~*~*

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#470637 Dec 14, 2012
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Please help me to be sensitive to other people's needs and feelings. Help me to love them and encourage them through special touches, like remembering special occasions through phone calls, prayers, notes, cards, visits, even gifts at times. Help me to always make other people feel special and valued, for they are all your creation and deserve to be valued. I pray that through my words and actions, you will be glorified and lifted up and people will be drawn unto You. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime Time with God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 740,700
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min nanoanomaly 227,987
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 4 min andet1987 45
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min marge 543,286
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 11 min Johnsex 908
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min well 95,560
Does anyone see Dr. James E. Freidenstein at Sy... 21 min Mikeymike9042 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Freebird USA 173,905
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr Joana 158

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••