Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the same thing about John Newton when I hear Amazing grace but I also listen to his other old one...I will post it below but first, I would like to add that these songs were written when people were CALLED to preach the Gospel..before seminary schools were started and men were taught from men..Here is another oldie from John Newton...I am sure it will be familiar

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.

NOT the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
It is indeed familiar, and I love it just as much as "AMAZING GRACE" :) But I'm afraid I must tell you John Newton didn't write this one. The composer's last name was "Toplady," I forget his first :)

I'm delighted to meet you, Grace, and I just LOVE your nick :)

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
@ G...
"(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law ARE WRITTEN ON THEIR HEARTS, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)
...This will take place on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares."
Romans 2:14-16
There's a couple more like this I think.
Thats right..We Gentiles have it written in our hearts. We KNOW the difference between right and wrong. We dont need a list of rules to tell us that. Isn't God Amazing?? The Laws are still used today to bring people to Christ as it was intended to do. Re-read what you just posted. Meditate on it a while and pray for understanding. You could be a great preacher of the Gospel after you fully understand the Gospel.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 10:1&2
See Daniel 12:4-9
Revelation 10:7
See Esphesians 3:1-6
See Galatians 1:11&12
Revelation 10:8-10
See Luke 24:21
See Acts 1:6&7
Revelation 10:11
Finished
Luke 19:41-44
Matthew 23:37&38
See Matthew 23:29-35
See John 19:15
See Acts 4-8
Matthew 23:3-14
See Philippian 4:22
See Colossians 1:23
Luke 21:20
Matthew 24:15
See Matthew 24:36-44
See Luke 21:34-36
See 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6
Matthew 21:17-24
See Deuteronomy 28:47-53
See Daniel 7:25
See Revelation 12:6
Great Prophecy

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

MogWild wrote:
Anyone think that organised religion gives a false sense of importance to those who can't cope with the level of our insignificance?
As a matter of fact, yes. That's one of the things that religion is FOR. But we don't have to worry that we are insignificant, because we're important enough to our Creator that He sent His very own Son to suffer and die for us :)

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Did this alleged "new covenant" wipe out everything in the OT when Jesus was born, baptised, arrested, died, ressurected or ascended ?
Nope, same deal as explained in my previous post... my view and take on it anyways.

Here is what (as you would have guessed it) is what I believe also... Galatians 2:11-22 but here are some excerpts:

Those who continuously quote Eph2:8-9 perhaps should read to verse 22 to get a clear understanding of what the Apostle was referring to. Unfortunately, Judaizers would come in after Paul left setting up a church and tell those new Gentile converts to Christ that they had to be circumcised and observe the Jewish Law... those are the works that Paul was referring to (works of the law)... Paul also mentions good works in verse 10 but his isn't referring to works of the law here:

1. Paul talking to Gentiles about their separation rom the Jewish people initially: "...remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ." Eph 2:12-13

2. " For He Himself (Jesus) is our peace, who has made the two one (Jews and Gentiles) and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh (in Jesus' flesh) the law with its commandments and regulations (that is, the law of moses except for the moral code). Ephesians 2:14-15

... those interested in further understanding of this chapter in Ephesians read also Colossians 2:14-16

3. "...For through Him we both (Jews & Gentiles) have access to the Father by one Spirit." Eph 2:18

Those who hold tightly to Eph 2:8,9 are missing the beauty of the rest of the passage because they have been taught to take it out of context like I once did... FACT: The whole chapter should be read in context. Thanks for the though-provoking questions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to you Roberta,
I believe that more and more people are having their eyes opened to the truth. Its awesome to see "Gods" work among so many people. After I realized that no matter how HARD I tried to be "good" and obey His commandments, I began to meditate on the scripture that said to HUMBLE Yourself and the one that " trample the Son underfoot"...I realized that Christains were trampling on WHAT Jesus did for us BY trying to earn what was so freely given to us as a "GIFT"...It was like saying,,thanks Jesus BUT I can do it myself.. Thanks for posting and please join in anytime. God Bless
Thank you :) I only hope you're right, that more and more people are believing the Truth :)

John 14:6 "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me."

In my opinion, this is one of the most important verses in the entire Bible.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Pipek wrote:
<quoted text>
hi smily man?
your first name is JAMES?
let me know mister if you are James
You are DORK and that's all that matters.

Now go back to sleep ...the adults are talking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Does Your Preaching Pass the Grace Test?by Tullian Tchividjian..This is grandson of Billy Graham. I love This.

Tullian: The litmus test that I use for myself is that if people walk away from my sermons thinking more about what they need to do than what Jesus has already done, I’ve failed to preach the Gospel. The Gospel is the good news that Jesus has done for me what I could never do for myself. And a lot of preaching these days is “do more, try harder,” like you said. It’s behavior modification. We come to church expecting God to give us a to-do list or the preacher to give us a to-do list. As long as we are given a to-do list, we maintain some measure of control over our lives. Just tell me what to do.

This message of radical grace, that "it is finished," is difficult for the human heart, the sinful heart to grasp because we’re so afraid of control being wrestled out of our hands. So we come to church saying,“Pastor, my marriage is in trouble…my children are going off the deep end…my business is failing…I’m coming to you as the expert to tell me what to do to fix my own life…” And as a result, our lives get worse, not better, because we’re taking matters into our own hands.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
It truly is amazing what we can see after God has illuminated us, for I, too, once was blind, but now I see. I know that i will never tgo back to my old ways, and God is showing me more nd more as time goes on.
Brag on God!
Amen :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it!!! Thanks Epi..Have you ever heard this one?? It brings chills up my arms everytime that I hear it..A MUST hear!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Whoa....That one does....I am REDEEMED!!!!

Thanks Grace....God Bless...Are you almost ready to go to Disneyworld (or was that a cruise)?

:-)

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died ONCE for ALL but people have to receive it. If A gift is offered to you, You have to reach out to receive it..right?:)
Not always. Many gifts are forced upon us.

Being born for example,.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right..We Gentiles have it written in our hearts. We KNOW the difference between right and wrong.....
Is the death penalty right or wrong ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

When God created man, He gave man authority to have dominion over everything on earth.(Genesis 1:26) But when man sinned, he gave this authority to Satan. And when man’s authority was transferred to Satan, Satan brought in diseases, poverty, strife, bitterness, pain, loss and death. He messed up everything on earth for man.

why didn’t God just grab the devil by the neck and throw him out of the garden?”

God did not do that because He is a judicial God. It was a man who gave away his authority to Satan. So it had to be a man who would legally take it back. And God has done this through a Man. His name is Jesus!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa....That one does....I am REDEEMED!!!!
Thanks Grace....God Bless...Are you almost ready to go to Disneyworld (or was that a cruise)?
:-)
No, we are flying to Disney World. I have a confession to make though..I couldn't keep it a secret from my husband any longer so I wrapped up our plane tickets and he opened an early Christmas gift. He is EXCITED to say the least. We only have a few short weeks and then its off to the sunshine state and FUN..FUN..FUN.. I just had to tell him. Now we BOTH have to count down the days..LOL I am glad that you like the song and YES we are redeemed. I love you my friend. God Bless

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text> Que,if being 'born again' meant that our sin nature would no longer exist after we're saved,then you 'unbelieving christians' might have a valid point about post-salvation sins.
Unbelieving Christians? Hey, Once Saved, Always Saved...
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text> But the REALITY is that our sin nature continues to be a part of who we are.
Yep, but we don't have to follow after the flesh and if we do sin presumpteously then we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, through whom we can confess our sins... but if one doesn't repent, lives habitually within the sinful nature and they come to end of life, then they die in their sins. There is no more room for repentance. One keeps there robes clean through the Blood of the Lamb... that is, repentance.
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Therefore,it is total folly to believe that we would ever be able to keep ourselves saved.
No... but we can keep ourselves clean and unspotted from the world... but if we join in with the world and do the same things they do... then how is one clean? The only way one could do that is to come out from among them and by that I mean not fornicating and the like.
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>But,sure,as believers we should have a 'hatred' for our sin,and sin in general. But that 'hatred' for sin should never be mistaken for self-righteousness that can keep us saved. Just keepin' it REAL.
Is obedience to the Lord self-righteousness or is it the Will of God? Is genuine repentance to the Lord self-righteousness or is it the Will of God. Only those who does the will of the Father and endure to the end will be saved. Thanks for the post.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen :)
Roberta....

I have been here close to 4 years now..and I think you were posting right before I came...You know Judy and Denie...Deb and Christian Man...Don't you?

Nice to meet you....God Bless

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Q;
Thanks for the information.More I watch you the more I learn lol amazing walk thru theses here threads.God bless.
Good Morning LW, Praise God for that... smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
OK.
If the "New Covenant" eliminates all the OT then where are the new sins specifically listed in the NT ?
Where is the NT equivalent of the tablets given to Moses ?

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper [Jesus] took the cup, saying,“This cup is the NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD, which is poured out for you."

2 Corinthians 3:3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts...

...6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Hebrews 8:7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors...

...declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people...

...13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Hebrews 12:23 You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

G O D, does this answer your question?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
When God created man, He gave man authority to have dominion over everything on earth.(Genesis 1:26) But when man sinned, he gave this authority to Satan. And when man’s authority was transferred to Satan, Satan brought in diseases, poverty, strife, bitterness, pain, loss and death. He messed up everything on earth for man.
why didn’t God just grab the devil by the neck and throw him out of the garden?”
God did not do that because He is a judicial God. It was a man who gave away his authority to Satan. So it had to be a man who would legally take it back. And God has done this through a Man. His name is Jesus!
His Name Is Jesus....King of Glory....Third Day

http://youtu.be/Aqo-adRyM_k

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the death penalty right or wrong ?
The death penalty is neither commanded nor forbidden in the New Testament:

Romans 13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
_________

I'd say the point is pretty clear: Obey the law, and then you won't have to worry whether the death penalty is right or wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 453,361 - 453,380 of596,599
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

472 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aerobatty 680,593
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min number four 217,124
Legal marajuana is an act of rebellion against God 20 min Doctor REALITY 1
Gay Snapchat Names 24 min gbtm1 1,355
The REAL reason the White House won't deport Ju... 29 min Doctor REALITY 1
The REAL reason the White won't deport Justin B... 33 min Doctor REALITY 1
Dirty pictures 35 min Raynman7 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Henry 512,266
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Xbobstax 266
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr danetoo 109,734
•••
•••
•••