In the first place, I think you mean "the UNIVERSE teems with life," not "the UNIVERSITY."Give me one shred of evidence that he ever existed
Do not quote the Gospels at me none of them knew him and were written much later.
The Roman executed people in Judea on a stake not a cross. The Romans kept detailed records as did the Jews. Don't quote Josephus he wasn't even born then.
For a faith with more than one billion or more adherents it would be thrown out of court
There is a Truth and it is a gift which lies within us all and you must seek it.
No Adam and Eve or Adam and Steve
Our distant ancestors crawled out of a primeval sea our creator provided the building blocks and that explains why Eart has so much diversity
The University teems with life but I believe we are one of the priviliged ones
2. The Romans did indeed execute many people by nailing them to a cross. Jesus wasn't the first.(Have you ever seen the Kirk Douglas movie "SPARTACUS"?)
3. It's interesting that you say "Don't tell me this, don't tell me that"--are you trying to forestall hearing what you don't want to hear?
4. THREE of the Gospel writers, Matthew, Mark and John, did indeed know Jesus PERSONALLY and were eyewitnesses of His life, death and resurrection.
5. That Josephus wasn't even born during Jesus' earthly lifetime is irrelevant. Lots of biographies--arguably most biographies--are written by people who did not know personally the subject of their books, and may not even have lived during the subject's lifetime, for instance Carl Sandburg's famous biography of Abraham Lincoln.
Moreover, Josephus was NOT himself a Christian, and he wrote of many things besides Christ and Christianity, going well back to hundreds of years BEFORE Jesus was born (I'm not sure about this, but I believe he picks up Jewish history about the time of the Exile). That means he had no vested interest in arguing for Jesus' historicity.
5. No serious archaeologist or historian today denies that Jesus existed. Whether or not they acknowledge Him as Savior and/or God Incarnate is another question, but that there WAS a Man now known to the world today as Jesus Christ of Nazareth is not seriously questioned.
6. That Truth you feel within you is very likely the Holy Spirit trying to waken your soul.
7. You say "our creator provided the building blocks" and you "believe we are one of the privileged ones." Who is that Creator if not God Himself? Who gave us that privileged status if not God Himself?
For an excellent resource to delve into the questions of Jesus' historicity, discussion of His life, death, resurrecton and Deity, I HIGHLY recommend
A. THE NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT, by Josh McDowell
B. Just about any of the books by Dr. Paul L. Maier, Ph.d, Professor of Archaeology at Western Michigan University-Kalamazoo. Besides writing several books, both fiction and non-fiction, for adults and children, Dr. Maier has appeared on television and has led tours of the Holy Land, Rome, etc. I have been privileged to attend 3 or 4 of his seminars, and besides knowing his stuff Dr. Maier is an absolutely fascinating speaker :) I could listen to him all day.