“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#470437 Dec 12, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
When God created man, He gave man authority to have dominion over everything on earth.(Genesis 1:26) But when man sinned, he gave this authority to Satan. And when manís authority was transferred to Satan, Satan brought in diseases, poverty, strife, bitterness, pain, loss and death. He messed up everything on earth for man.
why didnít God just grab the devil by the neck and throw him out of the garden?Ē
God did not do that because He is a judicial God. It was a man who gave away his authority to Satan. So it had to be a man who would legally take it back. And God has done this through a Man. His name is Jesus!
His Name Is Jesus....King of Glory....Third Day

http://youtu.be/Aqo-adRyM_k

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#470438 Dec 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the death penalty right or wrong ?
The death penalty is neither commanded nor forbidden in the New Testament:

Romans 13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is Godís servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are Godís servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are Godís servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
_________

I'd say the point is pretty clear: Obey the law, and then you won't have to worry whether the death penalty is right or wrong.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#470439 Dec 12, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong..the civil and ceremonial parts were NOT engraved in stone my friend..We must Believe God even if we find it going against what our dear Preachers who went to school and learned from Men have been screaming from the pulpits for years. How was Noah Justified?? What did he do to be justified? What did Abraham do to be justified?
Good Afternoon... time flies as I've been saying Good Morning lol... but actually, I am correct about the civil and ceremonial laws being abolished and you are correct that they weren't written in stone, the moral code was... that is why I referenced the following scripture earlier as the civil and ceremonial were handwritten:

"Blotting out THE HANDWRITING of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS..." Colossians 2:14-16

The moral code is written in on the tablets of heart.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#470440 Dec 12, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are flying to Disney World. I have a confession to make though..I couldn't keep it a secret from my husband any longer so I wrapped up our plane tickets and he opened an early Christmas gift. He is EXCITED to say the least. We only have a few short weeks and then its off to the sunshine state and FUN..FUN..FUN.. I just had to tell him. Now we BOTH have to count down the days..LOL I am glad that you like the song and YES we are redeemed. I love you my friend. God Bless
I would probably do the same thing....You will have a wonderful time...If you get a chance go see Bibleland in Orlando (I think) Google will give you more info...It is like you are in the Holy Lands....Love you too....God Bless

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#470441 Dec 12, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberta....
I have been here close to 4 years now..and I think you were posting right before I came...You know Judy and Denie...Deb and Christian Man...Don't you?
Nice to meet you....God Bless
Nice to meet you, too :)

I certainly know Denie, I'm not sure about the others. It's been awhile :)

“Saved. ”

#470442 Dec 12, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right..We Gentiles have it written in our hearts. We KNOW the difference between right and wrong. We dont need a list of rules to tell us that. Isn't God Amazing?? The Laws are still used today to bring people to Christ as it was intended to do. Re-read what you just posted. Meditate on it a while and pray for understanding. You could be a great preacher of the Gospel after you fully understand the Gospel.
So then we should put down the New Testament, disregard the Apostolic doctrine and simply follow the rules written on our hearts? Smile.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#470443 Dec 12, 2012
In case I am not back on...wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and leave you with my favorite Christmas song...

hauntingly beautiful.

“Saved. ”

#470444 Dec 12, 2012
How many of you truly believe... that if a person truly accepts Christ, gets baptized.. much later on becomes a great preacher and then turns around because of some unfortunate situation... blasts God, says that he is gay, lives with his boyfriend unrepentantly and dies... Do you really think that the Grace of God and the Once Saved Always Saved gospel is going to apply and save him?

Show of hands. Doc?

And please spare me the "they weren't really saved" speech and cliche. Thanks

“Saved. ”

#470445 Dec 12, 2012
REVELATION

Rev 1:9 (Part 2 continued/last)

"I, John, your brother AND COMPANION in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

1. Some scripture regarding companionship:

A. But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because THESE ARE IMPROPER FOR GOD'S HOLY PEOPLE. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.---> FOR OF THIS YOU CAN BE SURE: No immoral, impure or greedy personósuch a man is an idolateróhas any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things GOD'S WRATH COMES ON THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT.

>>Therefore do not be partners with them.<<

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. LIVE AS CHILDREN OF LIGHT (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) AND FIND OUT WHAT PLEASES THE LORD. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what THE DISOBEDIENT do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible.

2. Speaking of not being partnered with... Once Saved Always Saved was borrowed from Gnosticism but flourished under Calvinism and filtered it's way through the Body of Christ:

For G-man, Jack and anyone interested in some history - G-man/Jack, interesting reading IMHO. I wasn't aware of some of these historical allegations as of recent but I think that it's necessary to look into what OSAS morphed from:

THE KILLING OF MICHAEL SERVETUS

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Doctri...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#470446 Dec 12, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>So then we should put down the New Testament, disregard the Apostolic doctrine and simply follow the rules written on our hearts? Smile.
Not nice Q..You are purposely adding to what I said and you know it. Please dont do that. We are not under the Old Testament Laws any longer but I STILL read the Old Testament AND The New Testament. It would be self-defeating to deire a greater understanding of the Bible by cutting portions out. God forbid we eliminate or ignore one word, syllable, or punctuation from the complete sacred text of Godís perfect Word!

The entire Bible is written FOR US, but not every verse is addressed TO US or written ABOUT US.
In no sense, would students of the Bible be better off by ignoring certain books, or rejecting books as beneficial to our profit and application!

ďAll scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousnessÖĒĖ 2 Tim 3:16
Although it is only in Paulís epistles that we find the mystery information about the grace given to us in this dispensation, certainly this does not diminish the benefit that can be gained from any other verse of Scripture.
Have a great afternoon. I have to get to class now. Be back soon.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#470447 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
In case I am not back on...wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and leave you with my favorite Christmas song...
hauntingly beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DPHh3nMMu-IXX
MERRY CHRISTMAS ANNIE.
Roberta G

Duluth, GA

#470448 Dec 12, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
How many of you truly believe... that if a person truly accepts Christ, gets baptized.. much later on becomes a great preacher and then turns around because of some unfortunate situation... blasts God, says that he is gay, lives with his boyfriend unrepentantly and dies... Do you really think that the Grace of God and the Once Saved Always Saved gospel is going to apply and save him?
Show of hands. Doc?
And please spare me the "they weren't really saved" speech and cliche. Thanks
Yes, God's grace can still save him. Whether or not he IS saved is between him and the Lord alone.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470449 Dec 12, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>So then we should put down the New Testament, disregard the Apostolic doctrine and simply follow the rules written on our hearts? Smile.
Afternoon Qu, that is what their argument boils down to.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470450 Dec 12, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, God's grace can still save him. Whether or not he IS saved is between him and the Lord alone.
I'm sorry to disagree with you TH, but our Lord said in Matthew 24:13 that he who endureth unto the END the same shall be saved.

This contradicts the scriptures my friend

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#470451 Dec 12, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
When God created man, He gave man authority to have dominion over everything on earth.(Genesis 1:26) But when man sinned, he gave this authority to Satan. And when manís authority was transferred to Satan, Satan brought in diseases, poverty, strife, bitterness, pain, loss and death. He messed up everything on earth for man.
why didnít God just grab the devil by the neck and throw him out of the garden?Ē
God did not do that because He is a judicial God. It was a man who gave away his authority to Satan. So it had to be a man who would legally take it back. And God has done this through a Man. His name is Jesus!
What a crock!! If God were omnipotent and omniscient, this would amount to playing with himself.
Roberta G

Duluth, GA

#470452 Dec 12, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry to disagree with you TH, but our Lord said in Matthew 24:13 that he who endureth unto the END the same shall be saved.
This contradicts the scriptures my friend
Now you're splitting hairs. It is not for you or me to say what happens between the Lord and this man during the last few moments of the man's life.

“Saved. ”

#470453 Dec 12, 2012
Hey Grace Walker, did you ever hear of a poster named Real Sassy? The people in the 10 commandments thread had finally figured out that it was the same person using different user names talking to each other on that thread and other threads... And I was just, er... wondering about that.

“Saved. ”

#470454 Dec 12, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, God's grace can still save him. Whether or not he IS saved is between him and the Lord alone.
Thanks for your input RG...

Dr. REALITY? Is u gonna keep it REAL or keep it hush? Is he still saved living with his boyfriend?

“Saved. ”

#470455 Dec 12, 2012
Have a good evening folks... 2morrow Lordwilling...

“Saved. ”

#470456 Dec 12, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hey Grace Walker, did you ever hear of a poster named Real Sassy? The people in the 10 commandments thread had finally figured out that it was the same person using different user names talking to each other on that thread and other threads... And I was just, er... wondering about that.
Really Sassy, I mean...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 2 min Konny 654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tide with Beach 774,846
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Rick in Kansas 265,077
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 15 min shyam 5,510
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 29 min andet1987 5,711
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 55 min andet1987 5,098
Gay snapchat names 1 hr vance_srh 146
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 175,595
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 559,294
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Haji Muhammad Abd... 441,762