Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470512 Dec 13, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're splitting hairs. It is not for you or me to say what happens between the Lord and this man during the last few moments of the man's life.
No but it is for the WORD to say what will become of this man, and the WORD says that he that endures unto the END, the same shall be saved. Right?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470518 Dec 13, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No but it is for the WORD to say what will become of this man, and the WORD says that he that endures unto the END, the same shall be saved. Right?
The WORD also says the exact opposite.

Just on e of the many contradictions in the Bible htat has creat4ed 38,000 denominations, no of whihc agree on what the WORD says.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#470519 Dec 13, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No but it is for the WORD to say what will become of this man, and the WORD says that he that endures unto the END, the same shall be saved. Right?
The verse you spoke of and a few more about the importance of remaining faithful

Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.

1John 2:24
As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Have a good one Lawest

(T) Peace

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#470522 Dec 13, 2012
Mick Scott wrote:
Give me one shred of evidence that he ever existed
Do not quote the Gospels at me none of them knew him and were written much later.

The Roman executed people in Judea on a stake not a cross. The Romans kept detailed records as did the Jews. Don't quote Josephus he wasn't even born then.

For a faith with more than one billion or more adherents it would be thrown out of court
There is a Truth and it is a gift which lies within us all and you must seek it.

No Adam and Eve or Adam and Steve
Our distant ancestors crawled out of a primeval sea our creator provided the building blocks and that explains why Eart has so much diversity

The University teems with life but I believe we are one of the priviliged ones
In the first place, I think you mean "the UNIVERSE teems with life," not "the UNIVERSITY."

2. The Romans did indeed execute many people by nailing them to a cross. Jesus wasn't the first.(Have you ever seen the Kirk Douglas movie "SPARTACUS"?)

3. It's interesting that you say "Don't tell me this, don't tell me that"--are you trying to forestall hearing what you don't want to hear?

4. THREE of the Gospel writers, Matthew, Mark and John, did indeed know Jesus PERSONALLY and were eyewitnesses of His life, death and resurrection.

5. That Josephus wasn't even born during Jesus' earthly lifetime is irrelevant. Lots of biographies--arguably most biographies--are written by people who did not know personally the subject of their books, and may not even have lived during the subject's lifetime, for instance Carl Sandburg's famous biography of Abraham Lincoln.

Moreover, Josephus was NOT himself a Christian, and he wrote of many things besides Christ and Christianity, going well back to hundreds of years BEFORE Jesus was born (I'm not sure about this, but I believe he picks up Jewish history about the time of the Exile). That means he had no vested interest in arguing for Jesus' historicity.

5. No serious archaeologist or historian today denies that Jesus existed. Whether or not they acknowledge Him as Savior and/or God Incarnate is another question, but that there WAS a Man now known to the world today as Jesus Christ of Nazareth is not seriously questioned.

6. That Truth you feel within you is very likely the Holy Spirit trying to waken your soul.

7. You say "our creator provided the building blocks" and you "believe we are one of the privileged ones." Who is that Creator if not God Himself? Who gave us that privileged status if not God Himself?

For an excellent resource to delve into the questions of Jesus' historicity, discussion of His life, death, resurrecton and Deity, I HIGHLY recommend

A. THE NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT, by Josh McDowell

B. Just about any of the books by Dr. Paul L. Maier, Ph.d, Professor of Archaeology at Western Michigan University-Kalamazoo. Besides writing several books, both fiction and non-fiction, for adults and children, Dr. Maier has appeared on television and has led tours of the Holy Land, Rome, etc. I have been privileged to attend 3 or 4 of his seminars, and besides knowing his stuff Dr. Maier is an absolutely fascinating speaker :) I could listen to him all day.

Location hidden

#470523 Dec 13, 2012
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberta...I talk to Denie on Facebook and she said to tell you Hello....Have a Blessed Christmas!
Thanks, and both of you too :)

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#470524 Dec 13, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
roast juicy stake is not pork-only stake with salad,backed rice and green tee for good diagestion,
also Bo Bo
pork is pork,stake is stake
What are you, some kind of vampire?
Would you like a few termites or a little rust on your "stake"?

You must be new ..."stake" eating half-wit.
What a moron ...

Location hidden

#470525 Dec 13, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then eating pork and being uncircumcised is still a sin right ?
Gimme a break.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#470526 Dec 13, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if you cut skin from pork,that pork is circumcized and you can eat pork
good apetit
Lol ...
What the hell is "apetit"???

Do you eat "apetit"???

Just be sure and don't eat the uncircumcised kind.

Ape tit ...what a moron!

Location hidden

#470527 Dec 13, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
You're still splitting hairs, Lawest. Do you remember the parable of the man who hired workers in the morning, at noon, toward evening and then paid them all the same?

At WHATEVER point in our lives we call upon Jesus to save us, He does. There must be many, many people who on their deathbeds were personally touched by Jesus and called Him Lord and Savior. Those people are just as saved as we who have tried to serve Him over much of our lives.

And kindly don't bother me about this again. We're talking about a FICTIONAL man, for heaven's sake, and since I can't even read the hearts and minds of people who actually exist I'm not about to try to examine the soul of someone who doesn't.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#470528 Dec 13, 2012
dr apetit wrote:
good apetit
Lol ...crack me up.

Where do you get this "apetit"?

Is the circumcised apetit the kosher variety?

Sheese ...apetit ...

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#470529 Dec 13, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
good apetit
So tell me; how does one prepare "apetit"?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#470530 Dec 13, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
good apetit
Oh ...now I see; you roast "apetit" stakes.
But wouldn't "apetit" stakes be better grilled?

Oh, oh, oh, now I see; "apetit" comes in roasts or stakes.

Do you save the leftovers from "apetit" roast for "apetit" veggie soup?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#470531 Dec 13, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
good apetit
Can "apetit" be pickled or dried ...maybe salted or Virginia baked?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#470532 Dec 13, 2012
REVELATION

Rev 1:9

"I, John,YOUR BROTHER AND COMPANION IN THE SUFFERING and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

1. IN THE SUFFERING: The early Church, before Catholicism,, went through immense persecution for preaching the message of Jesus Christ and committing to coverts. From beheadings, floggings, imprisonments, banishments, beatings and other forms of torture, etc....both Jewish and Gentile Christians fled, hid and some stayed behind with those who couldn't leave to offer some sort of comfort before some impending punishment or death. All because they would not deny the faith that's in Jesus Christ even to the point of extreme torture or death... some torture would be to see their own family members die unless they would deny Jesus Christ.

A. I understand that it doesn't make sense why they were being persecuted and it seems implausible now... but back then they were disrupting the political, monetary and social orders of the day. Merchants were losing money... they had various idols of pagan gods and goddessess on the market and coverts to Christ stopped buying them. Meats and produce that were blessed by some pagan priest(ess) before they went to market to sell were not selling... preachers were converting people to the Lord and the new converts stopped worshipping these various idols. All of this affected the merchants' bottomline and it affected the taxes being paid into the empire. The love of money is the root of all evil... keep in mind, money isn't evil... it's the love of money that is evil.

B. Another reason that they were being persecuted was because they disowned the mythological pantheons of Jupiter (Zeus), Diana (Artemis) and the like in which various pagan temples were held in very high esteem back in that day. The Christians were disrupting the social orders and taking action saying that these were false deities and that only Jesus Christ could save from sin and make amends from the True God's wrath. This infuriated the religious orders who also received income from idol worshippers as the pagan temples were another form of legalized prostitution in which "a john" would get "a trick" from their choice of temple priests (basically a gigalo with long hair) or priestesses with an age range of very young to old. The excuse was, the paid-for sex act was an offering to that pagan god or goddess in return for some favor. The new Christians were not only a threat to this value system but they were a rebuke to them as well. The localized leaders wanted to keep peace with Rome because they had to meet a certain tax budget or they themselves would be targets of Caesarian authorities.

C. I'll give you an example of how riled up the local and religious leaders were... it's like me disrupting the beliefs of some saying that Once Saved Always Saved doctrine is a counterfeit Grace teaching. Except any persecution I might endure because of that is very, very slim compared to what the early christians had to deal with due to lack of human rights and dignity.

So anyways >>> continued...

#470534 Dec 13, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, God's grace can still save him. Whether or not he IS saved is between him and the Lord alone.
Good Morning Roberta... again, thank you for your input yesterday. But unfortunately, God's Grace will not save him if he was once saved. turns back and dies unrepentedly and unashamedly as a homosexual... that would go for a hetero also who has a living arrangement and is not married.:

Apostle Paul: "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders" I Cor 6:9

#470535 Dec 13, 2012
Edit: Good Afternoon! I mean... smile... it's my morning after a night of work.

#470536 Dec 13, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
In case I am not back on...wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and leave you with my favorite Christmas song...
hauntingly beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DPHh3nMMu-IXX
Good Afternoon Annie, Merry Christmas to you... some time ago when I read up on the history of Christmas... well, let's just say it was very interesting. For a couple of years I had a hard time reconciling the origins and the current views about it. But.. for my own reconciliation, this is the time of year where not only people of other beliefs worship... like the Jews with Chanukah (sp), the pagans with Yule I believe or whatever they may celebrate... but I celebrate simply because Jesus is being adored and worshipped by believers and unbelievers alike.

Welp, I don't think you would mind it if I played a traditional Nativity song of Jesus but out of respect for you I'll post this song which is a bit more neutral and still has that Christmassy feel. Enjoy Annie! Smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

#470537 Dec 13, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Afternoon Qu, that is what their argument boils down to.
Unfortunately yes... I used to believe that way also... it hit me like a ton of bricks when I found out some time ago that it was a counterfeit doctrine which clearly goes against scripture.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470538 Dec 13, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still splitting hairs, Lawest. Do you remember the parable of the man who hired workers in the morning, at noon, toward evening and then paid them all the same?
At WHATEVER point in our lives we call upon Jesus to save us, He does. There must be many, many people who on their deathbeds were personally touched by Jesus and called Him Lord and Savior. Those people are just as saved as we who have tried to serve Him over much of our lives.
And kindly don't bother me about this again. We're talking about a FICTIONAL man, for heaven's sake, and since I can't even read the hearts and minds of people who actually exist I'm not about to try to examine the soul of someone who doesn't.
With all due respect RG do not tell me not to respond to any post on this thread as I am a regular here and have every right to express my opinion here as much as anyone else, and will continue to do so, please remember that.

As for the "fictional" man, there nothing fictional about the circumstances mention and you cannot fall into and turn away from. God and still be saved.

Blessings.

#470539 Dec 13, 2012
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool and rainy here. Feels like December.
Did you check out the article in the link I left behind?
Good Afternoon Drew... it was pretty much the same thing here last night. I'm sorry Drew but I missed (not on purpose). Can you please resend? Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horny snapchat usernames 4 min Jay 10
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 7 min Poppyann 2,979
Snapchat fun 2 accounts 10 min Ju_wontonsoup 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min ATHEOI 70,097
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 24 min Dave 21
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 44 min Johnny 4,936
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Ricky F 183,445
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 658,404
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 974,632
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Brian_G 282,869
More from around the web