|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Did this alleged "new covenant" wipe out everything in the OT when Jesus was born, baptised, arrested, died, ressurected or ascended ?
Jesus' birth was important but that is NOT what saved us..It was His death,burial and ressurection. Do you care to hear a song written about this very thing? I believe that you will like..Take a quick break and enjoy..Skip the ad..Its a great song with a great beat to it also..an added plus :) Let me know if you like it..Ok?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is why homosexuality is no longer a sin, right ?
<poors gasoline on the embers>
That is a result ( an action) of SIN...dont start a fire G..LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Paul have to do with John of Patmos and Revelation ?
I dont know?? Never studied about that. I will though. Will you help me with it?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with the security of the believer? That is simply talking about life in general. How do I know?? Where,in that scripture,does it mention ANYTHING about heaven or hell. Don't try to turn a chicken into an ostrich if it was born a chicken. Just keepin' it REAL.
Doesn't have to say it, it's obvious. In any case, Ezekiel wasn't speaking from the Law here... as a prophet, he was a mouthpiece of The Lord and the Lord was just keepin' it REAL. Just because it was OT doesn't mean that somethings mentioned there aren't in effect... prophecies, words of wisdom, etc. are good examples. Here is another cross reference that's keepin' it REAL from the OT.

"A man WHO STRAYS FROM the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead." Pr 21:16

Proverbs

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncle Paul. LOL
Hyper-generational family feud? Smile.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

REVELATION

Rev 1:9 (Part 2)

"I, John, your brother AND COMPANION in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

1. AND COMPANION - Fellow partaker, co-partner...

A. Much can be said about Companionship... in this particular Revelation verse John is referring to being a companion in the brotherhood of Christ. Now, the brotherhood is not just a list of faithful men who have given their lives and devotions to Christ but also consists of faithful women as stated in part 1 yesterday. Now anyone can say that they believe in Jesus and that they are a Christian or some other follower of Christ, but the devils believe also AND TREMBLE. But it is he or she that does the Will of God, even in the face of persecution, that is a true follower of Christ. Please note that persecution does not always come just from unsaved folk or those who have gone back from Christ... but persection also comes from those within who say that they are "in Christ" (duh). That is why there are so many denominations and fractures within each denomination <---all of those divisions and fractures have manifested itself over the past 2 milleniums as denominations.

(1) I have to point out that an unsaved person can be just as much a blessing as other fellow partakers in Christ. So what's the diff then? There is very little difference between a person who is unsaved or backslidden... and a person who says that they are "in Christ" and says all of the right cliche's YET obey not the Gospel of God but turns the Grace of God as an excuse for lasciviousness.---> "Hey, I'm once saved always saved... I can do what I want... saved by Grace not of works!(Eph 2:8,9)" Uh, nooooo, that's not the whole of the story put into context. One has to read further into verse 10 & 11 of that same infamous quotation. Now the holy scriptures does not contradict itself as some suppose.. if one believes the scriptures then they will abelieve what our brother & companion, Apostle James had said a long time ago that faith, being without works is dead also... w/o proper understanding of those two scripture one can take the Grace of God in vain.

(1) Now someone may say to themselves, if Believers' sin, then how can they be a true follower of Christ? If a person makes sin a HABITUAL lifestyle (that is, not doing the Will of the Father) then he or she is not a true follower of Christ OR they remain backslidden "until" they repent. And btw, repentance in not a couple of hail Mary's and the like. For example, say a person who claims they are a Christian and they are living with a girlfriend (okay, none of my bee's wax but using this as an example)... or they are a homosexual or whatever.... then how can that be The Will of God when the scriptures speaks so clearly on such matters? Now if one says they repent but are still co-habitating with their girlfriend then it is just a matter of words and not deeds... How can they be a companion of Christ? Rather they are a companion of their girlfriend. Repentance means basically means to take action and leave that situation ---> that is what one "fruits of repentance" means. But yes, all Believers, unfortunately will trip up and miss the mark but should make every effort to get back into right relationship with God through repentance in the Name of Jesus Christ who is our advocate. Didn't someone on this thread recently say, "The Name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run into it and they are safe?"

Continued...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't have to say it, it's obvious. In any case, Ezekiel wasn't speaking from the Law here... as a prophet, he was a mouthpiece of The Lord and the Lord was just keepin' it REAL. Just because it was OT doesn't mean that somethings mentioned there aren't in effect... prophecies, words of wisdom, etc. are good examples. Here is another cross reference that's keepin' it REAL from the OT.
"A man WHO STRAYS FROM the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead." Pr 21:16
Proverbs
@ G-man and GW... pretty much the same response I would give to your posts... Have a good one.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

REVELATION

Rev 1:9 (Part 2 continued)

"I, John, your brother AND COMPANION in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

...cont

a. Now who is better? A person who is unsaved that will not hit their wife when they get angry or a person who claims salvation in Christ and lose control when they get angry and hits their wife? The answer is quite obvious... the unsaved person will be more blessed of God than the Believer who claims Once Saved Always Saved because the scriptures clearly says to us about loving our wives and a man who loves his wife, loves himself. Unless the "Saved" person repents and changes his ways then he will end up being cast out into outer darkness also, where there will be "weeping and gnashing" of teeth simply because he obeys not the gospel of God.

b. Believers are no better than nons or the backslidden... the only difference is The Blood of Christ, Faith & Obedience to Christ.

* Jesus: "Therefore everyone (anybody) who hears these words of Mine and PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the Rock.

(a warning from The Lord)...But everyone (anybody) who hears these words of mine AND DOES NOT PUT THEM INTO PRACTICE is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

continued >>>>

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Not all Christians agree on the meaning of Daniel/Revelation and Biblical prophicies esp. concerning the "end of world":
PRETERISM is a Christian eschatological view that interprets prophecies of the Bible as events which have already happened. Daniel is interpreted as events that happened in the second century BCE while Revelation is interpreted as events that happened in the first century A.D. Preterism holds that Ancient Israel finds its continuation or fulfillment in the Christian church at the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70.
HISTORICISM says that Biblical prophecies provide us with a broad view of history, as well as an explanation of the religious significance of historical events. Historicists attempt to identify prophetic passages with major events in history.
FUTURISM, parallels may be drawn with historical events, but most eschatological prophecies are chiefly referring to events which have not been fulfilled, but will take place at the end of the age and the end of the world. Most prophecies will be fulfilled during a global time of chaos known as the Great Tribulation and afterwards.
IDEALISM, also known as "spiritual" or "symbolic", the events described in prophecy are neither past, present, nor future, but are representative of larger ideals and principles. Eschatological prophecy deals with the ongoing struggle between the forces of light and darkness, and the ultimate triumph of good over evil. Its message is purely a spiritual one, an allegory of the spiritual path, which is equally relevant in all ages and for all people.
Why couldn't a person believe in all of these? Some prophecies occurred in a matter of moments and some much later... some were allegorical as stated to relate to a physical situation. When one completely take on one of the views or perhaps just a couple views... then it is a limited view IMHO.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Pipek wrote:
<quoted text>
hi smily man?
your first name is JAMES?
let me know mister if you are James
Now, please tell me "why in the world" I would want to share with you my first name.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
OK.
If the "New Covenant" eliminates all the OT then where are the new sins specifically listed in the NT ?
Nope... just the civil and ceremonial parts of The Law of Moses... but not the moral code portion. You know, Noah found Grace in the sight of God (Gen 6:8) and was justified by faith...(Hebrews 11:7)
G_O_D wrote:
Where is the NT equivalent of the tablets given to Moses ?
It is in the letter to the Roman Jews & Christians... I have to find it in romans.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

*~**~*~*~*

While you were Sleeping....Casting Crowns

http://youtu.be/8DhjgKqXBeY

Truth spoken......

*~*~*~*~*~

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Buenos Dias... a hearty good morning to Drew, Lawest, Jack, Ep, Mogmild, G-man, GW, Kenny.. I mean... Roberta G, Sock Detector, and the REAL Dr. REALITY...
...nippy temps my way but God is Good all the same.
Morning Q;

Thanks for the information.More I watch you the more I learn lol amazing walk thru theses here threads.God bless.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

@ G...

"(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law ARE WRITTEN ON THEIR HEARTS, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)

...This will take place on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares."

Romans 2:14-16

There's a couple more like this I think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Que,if being 'born again' meant that our sin nature would no longer exist after we're saved,then you 'unbelieving christians' might have a valid point about post-salvation sins. But the REALITY is that our sin nature continues to be a part of who we are. Therefore,it is total folly to believe that we would ever be able to keep ourselves saved. But,sure,as believers we should have a 'hatred' for our sin,and sin in general. But that 'hatred' for sin should never be mistaken for self-righteousness that can keep us saved. Just keepin' it REAL.
AMEN...They don't understand the SIN NATURE..They only understand the RESULTS OF SIN..the verb sin or its actions..Big Difference..thanks DR.
You keep on keeping on.. Keeping it real.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Nope... just the civil and ceremonial parts of The Law of Moses... but not the moral code portion. You know, Noah found Grace in the sight of God (Gen 6:8) and was justified by faith...(Hebrews 11:7)
<quoted text>It is in the letter to the Roman Jews & Christians... I have to find it in romans.
Wrong..the civil and ceremonial parts were NOT engraved in stone my friend..We must Believe God even if we find it going against what our dear Preachers who went to school and learned from Men have been screaming from the pulpits for years. How was Noah Justified?? What did he do to be justified? What did Abraham do to be justified?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

@ G

Prophecy: "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people..." Jeremiah 31:33

*** Now you say House of Israel, but most Believers believe that the Gentiles are grafted in like a wild olive tree on the natural branch... and I'm sure you've heard of that scripture and have something to say about it... lol

"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." 2 Cor 3:3

Thanks for the question as it helped me look further into this and strengthen my faith... there are some more but time doesn't allow right now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
*~**~*~*~*
While you were Sleeping....Casting Crowns
http://youtu.be/8DhjgKqXBeY
Truth spoken......
*~*~*~*~*~
I love it!!! Thanks Epi..Have you ever heard this one?? It brings chills up my arms everytime that I hear it..A MUST hear!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Many fail to recognize that it is Satan, in reminding us of our sins, who influences us to feel guilty. As you said, the Holy Spirit reminds us of who we are in Christ, and He is our guide.
We have been set free, according to the scriptures, but Satan's goal is to keep us in bondage. But through Jesus Christ, we are no longer bound.
For when the Son sets you FREE..You are free indeed..He is our Redeemer. Thank God for Jesus!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
AMAZING GRACE, indeed!
I ONCE WAS LOST
BUT NOW I AM FOUND
WAS BLIND BUT NOW I SEE
John Newton understood too :)
I'm only popping in for a moment, but when I read these two posts from you, Grace Walker, I had to say something.
Romans 3:7 Someone might argue,“If my falsehood enhances God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?” 8 Why not say—as some slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!"
Note that verse 8. Many people, sadly including some "Christians," think that being Christians means we can now do whatever we want, with no consequences. But Jesus died to make us free OF sin, not free TO sin.
What I think some on this thread don't realize is that we who love Jesus want to please Him and want to AVOID sinning. People who DELIBERATELY go on sinning after (supposedly) becoming Christians may be fooling themselves but they certainly are not fooling God. There's a name for people like that. It's "hypocrites."
I feel so sorry for your previous pastor. He is caught in that same terrible trap from which Jesus wants to set us free.
I became a Christian at 19, but for many years I was just as blind as you and John Newton were. Then just about 10 years ago now, God opened my eyes:
Ephesians 2:8 8 For it is BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED, THROUGH FAITH—and this is not from yourselves, IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD— 9 NOT BY WORKS, so that no one can boast.
Really grasping that passage changed me FOREVER :)
NO kind of works can ever save us. NO ONE can ever be good enough/pray enough/pure enough/donate money enough/do good works enough to EARN salvation. But blessed be the name of the Lord, WE DON'T HAVE TO!! All we need do is to believe on and in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, all we need do is to accept the Gift of the Lord, the Gift to all men that was born in the city of David 2000 years ago :) JOY TO THE WORLD, THE LORD IS COME, indeed!
God bless and keep you all :)
I said the same thing about John Newton when I hear Amazing grace but I also listen to his other old one...I will post it below but first, I would like to add that these songs were written when people were CALLED to preach the Gospel..before seminary schools were started and men were taught from men..Here is another oldie from John Newton...I am sure it will be familiar

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.
NOT the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;

Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

382 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 1 min Rosie 57
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min The Awakener 172,344
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min shyam 4,598
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 17 min normal Aussie 37,608
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Petesayke KI 115,024
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min AussieBobby 256,451
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min gort 720,647
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Mi Lin 532,626
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••