|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

OK.

If the "New Covenant" eliminates all the OT then where are the new sins specifically listed in the NT ?

Where is the NT equivalent of the tablets given to Moses ?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Did this alleged "new covenant" wipe out everything in the OT when Jesus was born, baptised, arrested, died, ressurected or ascended ?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I put more weight on the words of Jesus in the Gospels than the ramblings of an addled hermit that never met Jesus except in a "vision".
Maybe John of Patmos (not the Apostle, BTW) drank Soma. Ever read the poetry of an Acid Head ? Much the same.
Paul met Jesus. it was more than a vision. The apostles didnt accept Paul right away either. What do you think that Paul told them to convince them to give him the right hand of leadership?

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven.( PAUL is refering to himself here) Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me,“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

You cant change Gods plan of salvation G..Paul was Taught the Gospel of Grace BY Jesus Himself..No mortal man would make up this and die because of it. Nobody who lives under the Law of Moses all their life, wanted to hear this gospel then and NOW...Paul preached NOTHING but the Gospel of grace..Do you think that he made this up? The Apostels didnt agree at first either..Something or "someone" changed their minds. Can you guess who that was?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't meaning pre-meditated sinning, meaning I will go ahead and sin, then ask God to forgive me. A true Christian doesn't think in this way ever, that Christianity is a liscense to sin.
No, but many true christians have fallen away into willful sin.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't understand is WHY some believers want to be saved by Grace but then judge everyone else under the law. There is plenty of Gods Grace for us all. I just shake my head and say a little prayer for those who want to" mix Law and Grace". <<< That is what the "Lukewarm" Christians" mean. I am reading the verse that speaks of The Holy Spirit leads to all truth and then I come on here and read others claim that the Holy Spirit CONVICTS BELIEVERS of sin..The Law Is Void Of Purpose If The Spirit Convicts Believers Of Sin!
Paul says in Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, GRACE increased all the more,
The Holy Spirit convicts me of who I am in Christ. Contrary to popular belief He does not convict me of sin making me feel guilty. Romans 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus. There is more on this too.
John 16:8-11 And He,( The Holy Spirit) when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; CONCERNING SIN, because THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN ME; ... I believe in Him!!!
and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
What is your thought on this?? God Bless
Many fail to recognize that it is Satan, in reminding us of our sins, who influences us to feel guilty. As you said, the Holy Spirit reminds us of who we are in Christ, and He is our guide.

We have been set free, according to the scriptures, but Satan's goal is to keep us in bondage. But through Jesus Christ, we are no longer bound.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
OK.
If the "New Covenant" eliminates all the OT then where are the new sins specifically listed in the NT ?
In My own personal opinion..Trying to explain this was the thorn in the flesh..lol..Its easy to understand but difficult to explain..I will start with the tablets..Only the 10 commandments were engraved in stone and the other 603 were written on parchment paper and/or animal skins.

2nd corinthians 3:7..But if the ministration of death, written and engraved in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be DONE AWAY: 8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more does the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 COR. 3:3..For as much as you are manifestly declared to be the letter of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of OURSELVES to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also has made us able ministers of the NEW TESTAMNET; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life.

THE LETTER KILLS BUT THE SPIRIT GIVES LIFE..The OT was glorious and we should still learn by it but we are to LIVE The New Testament.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
OK.
This is the best one G..

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; Colossians 2:14

See how the law is contrary to us? Even the most sincere follower of Jesus cannot follow those laws perfectly. We would all be doomed and God knew that. he didnt want us to perish so Jesus came and done what we could not do..FOR US.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Colossians 2:15..And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. Jesus disarmed the powers that The Law held against us but today even misguided and sincere preachers take those powers that Jesus disarmed and gives them back to us. The principalities and powers are the angelic hosts through whose ministry the law was given. See Deuteronomy 33:2; Acts 7:53; Hebrews 2:2; Galatians 3:19. Great importance was attached, in the later rabbinical schools, to the angels who assisted in giving the law; and that fact was not without influence in shaping the doctrine of angelic mediators, one of the elements of the Colossian heresy, which was partly Judaic. This doctrine Paul strikes at in Colossians 1:16; Colossians 2:10; here, and Colossians 2:18. God put off from himself, when the bond of the law was rendered void in Christ's crucifixion, that ministry of angels which waited on the giving of the law, revealing Christ as the sole mediator, the head of every principality and power (Colossians 2:10).

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the best one G..
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; Colossians 2:14
See how the law is contrary to us? Even the most sincere follower of Jesus cannot follow those laws perfectly. We would all be doomed and God knew that. he didnt want us to perish so Jesus came and done what we could not do..FOR US.
So all the commandments are gone, right ?

Then there are no sins.
That means there is nothing to be forgiven.
That means that Jesus saved everyone whether they like it or not, whether they know it or not, whether they believe it or not.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul met Jesus. it was more than a vision.....
What does Paul have to do with John of Patmos and Revelation ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No, but many true christians have fallen away into willful sin.
We have to understand the (noun) version of SIN..and the (VERB) ACTIONS of sin..This is very significant because the Greek word HAMARTIA is a noun, while HAMARTANO is a verb. A noun denotes a person, place, or thing, while a verb describes the action of a noun. Therefore, in all but one instance in the book of Romans, the words “sin” and “sins” describe man’s tendency toward sin and not the individual acts of sins themselves. If you think of the word “sin” in these chapters as denoting the act of sin.. Lying, cheating, stealing, adultry ect..ect..is a VERB or result and action of SIN. It was an eye opener to me and I hope it helps you understand. God Bless

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there are no sins.
That means that Jesus saved everyone whether they like it or not, whether they know it or not, whether they believe it or not.
Jesus died ONCE for ALL but people have to receive it. If A gift is offered to you, You have to reach out to receive it..right?:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there are no sins.
NO..they are not gone. The purpose for why they were given is still in effect today as they were when Moses first received them..They were given to show mankinds need for a Savior. Some people have not seen their need for a Savior..the Law still stands for those people and even to Christians who still continue to keep themselves there, according to scripture.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Buenos Dias... a hearty good morning to Drew, Lawest, Jack, Ep, Mogmild, G-man, GW, Kenny.. I mean... Roberta G, Sock Detector, and the REAL Dr. REALITY...

...nippy temps my way but God is Good all the same.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Did this alleged "new covenant" wipe out everything in the OT when Jesus was born, baptised, arrested, died, ressurected or ascended ?
Jesus' birth was important but that is NOT what saved us..It was His death,burial and ressurection. Do you care to hear a song written about this very thing? I believe that you will like..Take a quick break and enjoy..Skip the ad..Its a great song with a great beat to it also..an added plus :) Let me know if you like it..Ok?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is why homosexuality is no longer a sin, right ?
<poors gasoline on the embers>
That is a result ( an action) of SIN...dont start a fire G..LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Paul have to do with John of Patmos and Revelation ?
I dont know?? Never studied about that. I will though. Will you help me with it?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with the security of the believer? That is simply talking about life in general. How do I know?? Where,in that scripture,does it mention ANYTHING about heaven or hell. Don't try to turn a chicken into an ostrich if it was born a chicken. Just keepin' it REAL.
Doesn't have to say it, it's obvious. In any case, Ezekiel wasn't speaking from the Law here... as a prophet, he was a mouthpiece of The Lord and the Lord was just keepin' it REAL. Just because it was OT doesn't mean that somethings mentioned there aren't in effect... prophecies, words of wisdom, etc. are good examples. Here is another cross reference that's keepin' it REAL from the OT.

"A man WHO STRAYS FROM the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead." Pr 21:16

Proverbs

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncle Paul. LOL
Hyper-generational family feud? Smile.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

REVELATION

Rev 1:9 (Part 2)

"I, John, your brother AND COMPANION in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

1. AND COMPANION - Fellow partaker, co-partner...

A. Much can be said about Companionship... in this particular Revelation verse John is referring to being a companion in the brotherhood of Christ. Now, the brotherhood is not just a list of faithful men who have given their lives and devotions to Christ but also consists of faithful women as stated in part 1 yesterday. Now anyone can say that they believe in Jesus and that they are a Christian or some other follower of Christ, but the devils believe also AND TREMBLE. But it is he or she that does the Will of God, even in the face of persecution, that is a true follower of Christ. Please note that persecution does not always come just from unsaved folk or those who have gone back from Christ... but persection also comes from those within who say that they are "in Christ" (duh). That is why there are so many denominations and fractures within each denomination <---all of those divisions and fractures have manifested itself over the past 2 milleniums as denominations.

(1) I have to point out that an unsaved person can be just as much a blessing as other fellow partakers in Christ. So what's the diff then? There is very little difference between a person who is unsaved or backslidden... and a person who says that they are "in Christ" and says all of the right cliche's YET obey not the Gospel of God but turns the Grace of God as an excuse for lasciviousness.---> "Hey, I'm once saved always saved... I can do what I want... saved by Grace not of works!(Eph 2:8,9)" Uh, nooooo, that's not the whole of the story put into context. One has to read further into verse 10 & 11 of that same infamous quotation. Now the holy scriptures does not contradict itself as some suppose.. if one believes the scriptures then they will abelieve what our brother & companion, Apostle James had said a long time ago that faith, being without works is dead also... w/o proper understanding of those two scripture one can take the Grace of God in vain.

(1) Now someone may say to themselves, if Believers' sin, then how can they be a true follower of Christ? If a person makes sin a HABITUAL lifestyle (that is, not doing the Will of the Father) then he or she is not a true follower of Christ OR they remain backslidden "until" they repent. And btw, repentance in not a couple of hail Mary's and the like. For example, say a person who claims they are a Christian and they are living with a girlfriend (okay, none of my bee's wax but using this as an example)... or they are a homosexual or whatever.... then how can that be The Will of God when the scriptures speaks so clearly on such matters? Now if one says they repent but are still co-habitating with their girlfriend then it is just a matter of words and not deeds... How can they be a companion of Christ? Rather they are a companion of their girlfriend. Repentance means basically means to take action and leave that situation ---> that is what one "fruits of repentance" means. But yes, all Believers, unfortunately will trip up and miss the mark but should make every effort to get back into right relationship with God through repentance in the Name of Jesus Christ who is our advocate. Didn't someone on this thread recently say, "The Name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run into it and they are safe?"

Continued...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 3 min Dr Micheal daf 33
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min JUDEletePete 117,941
Your Body Deserves More - Dubai Massage Service 12 min AsianStarMassage 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 18 min Naveen kumar 5,289
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 34 min yon 2,410
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min curiouslu 732,491
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 59 min Lord stuart XXX 226,145
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Aquarius-WY 538,589
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Le_le 173,257
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Commander Bunny 257,745
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••