|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide
Part 1
To Sardis: "I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains AND IS ABOUT TO DIE, for I have not found YOUR DEEDS COMPLETE in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; OBEY IT, and REPENT. But IF YOU DO NOT WAKE UP, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
Yet you have A FEW PEOPLE in Sardis WHO HAVE NOT SOILED THEIR CLOTHES. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. HE WHO OVERCOMES will, like them, be dressed in white. I WILL NEVER BLOT OUT HIS NAME from the book of life, BUT will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. He who has an ear, let him hear what THE SPIRIT says to THE CHURCHES."
Revelation chapter 3
The first paragraph is speaking to those who profess to be christians but are not..Thats plain enough to see because in the second verse he says..YET there are some who has not soiled his clothes and I will NEVER blot out their name. Not all who profess to be christians are true believers. First, Scripture is clear that a true believer is kept secure by the power of God, sealed for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30), and of all those whom the Father has given to the Son, He will lose none of them (John 6:39). The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand" (John 10:28-29b). Salvation is God’s work, not ours (Titus 3:5), and it is His power that keeps us.

The Bible cites several examples of those who thought they were believers, but whose profession was proven to be false. In John 15, Jesus refers to them as branches that did not remain in Him, the true Vine, and therefore did not produce any fruit. We know they are false because “by their fruits you shall know them”(Matthew 7:16, 20); true disciples will exhibit the fruit of the Holy Spirit who resides within them (Galatians 5:22). In 2 Peter 2:22, false professors are dogs returning to their own vomit and a sow who “after washing herself returns to wallow in the mire”(ESV). The barren branch, the dog, and the pig are all symbols of those who profess to have salvation, but who have nothing more than their own righteousness to rely upon, not the righteousness of Christ which truly saves.

Revelation 3:5 is another verse that impacts this issue.“He who overcomes ... I will never blot out his name from the book of life.” The “overcomer” mentioned in this letter to Sardis is the Christian. Compare this with 1 John 5:4:“Everyone who is born of God overcomes the world.” And verse 5:“Who is he that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.”(See also 1 John 2:13.) All believers are “overcomers” in that they have been granted victory over the sin and unbelief of the world....

Please try to be more positive when it comes to God...You seem to try and find more negative things to beat people down with. If a unbeliever was to read half of what you write, They would run from the god that you represent..God Bless

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>lol, yup... youse right... Paul was celibate as far as I've understood. I'm not even sure if he had any siblings. Something I must look into soon.
Arians/Aryans... same ones? I've read that the Aryans perhaps originated from Iran but not sure how true that is. Me? Black/Panamanian/Costa Rican/Columbian Indian (cartahena)/Bajan/Jamaican/Eng lish... and good ol' American.
Yes, Paul had a sister. He speaks of a nephew also.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>lol, yup... youse right... Paul was celibate as far as I've understood. I'm not even sure if he had any siblings. Something I must look into soon.
Arians/Aryans... same ones? I've read that the Aryans perhaps originated from Iran but not sure how true that is. Me? Black/Panamanian/Costa Rican/Columbian Indian (cartahena)/Bajan/Jamaican/Eng lish... and good ol' American.
Acts 23:16..And when Paul's sister's son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the barracks, and told Paul.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide
Part 1
To Sardis: "I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains AND IS ABOUT TO DIE, for I have not found YOUR DEEDS COMPLETE in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; OBEY IT, and REPENT. But IF YOU DO NOT WAKE UP, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
Yet you have A FEW PEOPLE in Sardis WHO HAVE NOT SOILED THEIR CLOTHES. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. HE WHO OVERCOMES will, like them, be dressed in white. I WILL NEVER BLOT OUT HIS NAME from the book of life, BUT will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. He who has an ear, let him hear what THE SPIRIT says to THE CHURCHES."
Revelation chapter 3
I hope you're aware that what is being said there is going to happen after the rapture, after that age of grace has ended. After Christ has come and taken the saved with him leaving only the unsaved here to endure the tribulation period.

1st Thessalonians 4:16-18.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Everyone have a blessed night. God Bless

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Once Saved Always Saved? You Decide.
Part 3

So, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation,and I said,

‘Their hearts are always going astray,and they have not known my ways.’ So I declared on oath in my anger,‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

See to it, BROTHERS, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart THAT TURNS AWAY from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, SO THAT none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.

We have come to share in Christ >IF WE HOLD FIRMLY TO THE END< the confidence we had at first."

Hebrews Chapter 3

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The first paragraph is speaking to those who profess to be christians but are not..Thats plain enough to see because in the second verse he says..YET there are some who has not soiled his clothes and I will NEVER blot out their name. Not all who profess to be christians are true believers. First, Scripture is clear that a true believer is kept secure by the power of God, sealed for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30), and of all those whom the Father has given to the Son, He will lose none of them (John 6:39). The Lord Jesus Christ proclaimed, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand" (John 10:28-29b). Salvation is God’s work, not ours (Titus 3:5), and it is His power that keeps us.
The Bible cites several examples of those who thought they were believers, but whose profession was proven to be false. In John 15, Jesus refers to them as branches that did not remain in Him, the true Vine, and therefore did not produce any fruit. We know they are false because “by their fruits you shall know them”(Matthew 7:16, 20); true disciples will exhibit the fruit of the Holy Spirit who resides within them (Galatians 5:22). In 2 Peter 2:22, false professors are dogs returning to their own vomit and a sow who “after washing herself returns to wallow in the mire”(ESV). The barren branch, the dog, and the pig are all symbols of those who profess to have salvation, but who have nothing more than their own righteousness to rely upon, not the righteousness of Christ which truly saves.
Revelation 3:5 is another verse that impacts this issue.“He who overcomes ... I will never blot out his name from the book of life.” The “overcomer” mentioned in this letter to Sardis is the Christian. Compare this with 1 John 5:4:“Everyone who is born of God overcomes the world.” And verse 5:“Who is he that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.”(See also 1 John 2:13.) All believers are “overcomers” in that they have been granted victory over the sin and unbelief of the world....
Please try to be more positive when it comes to God...You seem to try and find more negative things to beat people down with. If a unbeliever was to read half of what you write, They would run from the god that you represent..God Bless
It's what happens when someone has been deceived by false teachings, or simply put, a false man made church doctrine like Quin has been.

Matthew 24:4-5.

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Colossians 2:8.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
_______

Time for me to call it a night. Have a great night and a fantastic day tomorrow.

God bless.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Grace Walker wrote:
Everyone have a blessed night. God Bless
Have a good night Grace... Smile.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>...Arians/Aryans.....
No. Arians were Christians deemed heretics by the Roman Church via Constantine Et Al. Most of the "heathen" Germanic tribes circa 400 AD were. My ancestory traces back to the area of what is now the Swiss-German borderlands.
Aryan refers to the IndoEuropean migrations thousands of years earlier.

Kohanim was a reference to the Cohens of the N. African Jewish community. My ancestory goes back to Ambrose of Alexandria as well as the Jewish population of North Africa.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Part 3
So, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation,and I said,
‘Their hearts are always going astray,and they have not known my ways.’ So I declared on oath in my anger,‘They shall never enter my rest.’”
See to it, BROTHERS, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart THAT TURNS AWAY from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, SO THAT none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
We have come to share in Christ >IF WE HOLD FIRMLY TO THE END< the confidence we had at first."
Hebrews Chapter 3
Do you even know what" enter into His rest" means? An UNBELIEVING Heart.. Confidence we had at first?? Confidence= FAITH...Faith in Christ..Not Ourselves= GRACE. Dont be to confident in your own right doings..That equals SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS..Matthew 5:20 Be confident in Jesus and His Righteousness and what HE DONE FOR YOU..not what you do for Him..it is like dirty rags. The ONLY Faith that God accepts is Faith in Jesus..you have more faith in yourself and your ability to endure..I hope you seek the truth of the Gospel NOT just the 4 Gospels. Do you know the difference? Grace and Peace to you

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Qu_innocence wrote:
The great thing about the USA is that were are mongrels. Strange that Americans can be so racist.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

If we take Jesus at His word:

"Many are called but few are chosen."

How can 1/3 of the worlds population be "few" ?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're aware that what is being said there is going to happen after the rapture, after that age of grace has ended. After Christ has come and taken the saved with him leaving only the unsaved here to endure the tribulation period.
1st Thessalonians 4:16-18.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Hi Red.. I would agree with the scripture you are putting out regarding I Thessalonians 4 as sound but I would have to respectfully disagree with your assessment on it and your relating it to that Revelations scripture.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Part 4

"If they have escaped the corruption of the world BY KNOWING our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ AND ARE AGAIN ENTANGLED IN IT and overcome, THEY ARE WORSE OFF AT THE END THAN THEY WERE at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to TURN THEIR BACKS on the sacred command that was passed on to them.

Of them the proverbs are true:“A dog returns to its vomit,” and,“A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”

2 Peter Chapter 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Have a good night Grace... Smile.
Good night Q.. Its been another good debate and I am glad we can have civil ones. I use to believe just like you do now..Have you ever prayed for revelation of Gods truth? Please, just look more closely into what I have been trying to tell you. You have everything to lose and everything to gain., It was hard or me to finally admit that my whole Christian life was based on what my pastor was preaching..He preached what another pastor taught him and so on and so on...I had to search for the truth because what most preachers preach today is all about US and they merely tip their hat to Jesus and what He done for us. He has made you righteous in Gods eyes. You are Gods Beloved. He doesn't see sin when He looks at you. At least do a study on the Gospel of Grace.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 23:16..And when Paul's sister's son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the barracks, and told Paul.
Thank you for sharing this... So hey G-man, if you're reading this, maybe it's possible that you could be some great, great, infitum great grand nephew of Paul.. <<<snicker>> >

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Arians were Christians deemed heretics by the Roman Church via Constantine Et Al. Most of the "heathen" Germanic tribes circa 400 AD were. My ancestory traces back to the area of what is now the Swiss-German borderlands.
Aryan refers to the IndoEuropean migrations thousands of years earlier.
Kohanim was a reference to the Cohens of the N. African Jewish community. My ancestory goes back to Ambrose of Alexandria as well as the Jewish population of North Africa.
Ahh! Very interesting, thanks for sharing that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
If we take Jesus at His word:
"Many are called but few are chosen."
How can 1/3 of the worlds population be "few" ?
After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. Revelations 7:9

No One could Count??? Thats a LOT of People..Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen

Q. Re:“Many are called but few are chosen.” What exactly does this mean? I’m afraid that I won’t make it if only a few are going to Heaven.

It’s another slant on John 3:16. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that who so ever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Jesus died for everyone, but only believers get eternal life.

God doesn’t want any of us to be lost but for all to come to repentance.(2 Peter 3:9) But although He’s made provision for everyone, He’s left the choice to us.

In the passage you quoted, Matt. 22:14, the whole world represents the many who are called. Those who believe that the death of God’s Son was payment for their sins and have asked Him to be their Savior are the few who are chosen. If you’ve done that you needn’t worry. You’ve met the only qualification.

The most tragic day in human history will be the one where unbelievers finally realize that the penalty for all of their sins was paid in full and they rejected it.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The great thing about the USA is that were are mongrels. Strange that Americans can be so racist.
Racist in parts of Europe also, look what them footballers <<<men of colour>>> have to endure from the spectators. China also... I remember how they tore down a conttestant on some singing competition who was half-African and half-chinese... a lot of them couldn't understand the mixing of yellow and black skin mixing...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Part 5

Prophet Ezekiel: "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die."

Ezekiel 18:24

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min dirty white boy- 730,299
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 min Hot hot 682
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min truth 537,130
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Porkpie Hat 259,315
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min Dave Nelson 225,662
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min yon 38,594
Asian hair styles 31 min melanie pinky 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min 1890Petesaykekiss 117,812
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,955

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••