Comments
453,161 - 453,180 of 599,088 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470291
Dec 11, 2012
 

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470292
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

One of the most quoted verses in the Bible is Romans 8:1,“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus”. Another word for condemnation is punishment. Think about that. If there is no condemnation, Holy Spirit isn’t declaring us guilty (convicting) of anything.

Now look at what Holy Spirit really does in the next verse.

“For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.”

Holy Spirit brings freedom to those in Christ, not conviction. When you are free from sin and you continue to sin, it’s going to feel weird. Like putting on an old pair of shoes that you grew out of. Maybe what you feel isn’t guilt but a realization that your actions don’t match your identity.

When we change our mind about who we are, we’ll change our mind about what we do. When we change our mind about who Holy Spirit is to us, we’ll change our mind about what He does through us.

Right Believing Produces Right Living

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470293
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men..It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, TITUS 2:12-13... Grace teaches us..
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470295
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey sp.I have been a regular here for a few years but haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to introduce myself and if you didnt mind wanted to ask your interpretation of 3 verses. I am using an old backup phone so cant copy and paste but the ones I wanted to get your input on are the following: 1John 3:9, Hebrew 10:26, and Luke 8:13.Essentially John says he that is born of God will no longer continue to sin, Hebrews says anyone who deliberately continues to sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth is no longer covered by the sacrifice and Luke says there will be some on the rock who will for a time receive the word with joy and believe but fall away during temptation.Thx in advance for ur reply.(T) PEACE
Hello, glad to meet you.

I think 1st John 3:9 is actually saying that , when a person is drawn to Jesus , and accepts Jesus into his soul, this seed(of righteousness) is implanted deep deep into his soul. This seed of righteous grows, changes his character of sinning , habitual or constantly sinning, he starts to hate sinning , this doesn't mean that he might goof up and sin, but that he won't live a constant sinning life anymore, and that he can repent and be forgven for this, being free from sin.

A rock has no roots (for this seed to grow) and some could believe in Jesus , only on the surface, and know nothing about about the 'saving Grace, that they could now have in Jesus and /or reject this saving Grace. These people are like if we 'watch a movie , and someone ask what this movie was about, he could not tell us a thing about it, he watched it, and heard it, but wasn't LISTENING.

We cannot be mean or act like a devil , and be a disciple of Christ . When we become a disciple of Christ, we have a light in the mind that shows the evilness of sin, this keeps us from sinning, free from sin , making us hate sin.

In Hebrews- to reject the only way that can save you, is now no hope for anyone, like if you had real bad terminal sickness , and you rejected the only antidote or medicine that could save you.If you do reject , their is no other Savior, Jesus will not die on the cross again for our sins.

In Luke 8- If a surface-only Christian, has the least little bit of temptation or maybe even a little slight persecution of being a Christion , what little religion or Christianty he had, goes away, he rejects the Holy Sprit, and is worse than ever.

This is a very selfish person , and is not what God wants in His Heavenly Kingdom. This type of person (selfish) wouldn't care if he was the only one in Heaven. Now this is the highest form of selfishness. Reminds me of Lucifer as the angle that wanted all the worship himself, instead of God.

These are just my thoughts, and my feelings on these scriptures.

A real true Christian, would not want to go back to a constant sinning in their life. We are saved from that. Jesus will not give up on us and will guide and direct us.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470296
Dec 11, 2012
 
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, glad to meet you.
I think 1st John 3:9 is actually saying that , when a person is drawn to Jesus , and accepts Jesus into his soul, this seed(of righteousness) is implanted deep deep into his soul. This seed of righteous grows, changes his character of sinning , habitual or constantly sinning, he starts to hate sinning , this doesn't mean that he might goof up and sin, but that he won't live a constant sinning life anymore, and that he can repent and be forgven for this, being free from sin.
A rock has no roots (for this seed to grow) and some could believe in Jesus , only on the surface, and know nothing about about the 'saving Grace, that they could now have in Jesus and /or reject this saving Grace. These people are like if we 'watch a movie , and someone ask what this movie was about, he could not tell us a thing about it, he watched it, and heard it, but wasn't LISTENING.
We cannot be mean or act like a devil , and be a disciple of Christ . When we become a disciple of Christ, we have a light in the mind that shows the evilness of sin, this keeps us from sinning, free from sin , making us hate sin.
In Hebrews- to reject the only way that can save you, is now no hope for anyone, like if you had real bad terminal sickness , and you rejected the only antidote or medicine that could save you.If you do reject , their is no other Savior, Jesus will not die on the cross again for our sins.
In Luke 8- If a surface-only Christian, has the least little bit of temptation or maybe even a little slight persecution of being a Christion , what little religion or Christianty he had, goes away, he rejects the Holy Sprit, and is worse than ever.
This is a very selfish person , and is not what God wants in His Heavenly Kingdom. This type of person (selfish) wouldn't care if he was the only one in Heaven. Now this is the highest form of selfishness. Reminds me of Lucifer as the angle that wanted all the worship himself, instead of God.
These are just my thoughts, and my feelings on these scriptures.
A real true Christian, would not want to go back to a constant sinning in their life. We are saved from that. Jesus will not give up on us and will guide and direct us.
So long as you endure unto the end, but the Word warns that if you turn from God then he will turn from you.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470297
Dec 11, 2012
 
Grace Walker wrote:
For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men..It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, TITUS 2:12-13... Grace teaches us..
Agree

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470298
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I couldn't care less what Jesus thinks about me. Doesn't sound like the kind of dude I'd want to associate with if you know what I mean...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470299
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Grace Walker wrote:
Do Christians today NOT realize that ALL their sins have been forgiven? ALL their sins..past, present AND Future? Jesus didnt just pay for your sins all the way up to your conversion to Him. God knew you before you were born and He has seen your entire life ahead of you. We must Believe in what He accomplished for Us on the cross. He has forgiven you, justified you and sanctified you. If someone doesn't believe that then they dont BELIEVE GOD
All of that is very true, but it is still not a license for us to sin willfully and still be saved in the end.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470300
Dec 11, 2012
 
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> So long as you endure unto the end, but the Word warns that if you turn from God then he will turn from you.
Endure in the Belief in Jesus Christ( Righteousness standing by God), yes.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470301
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Grace Walker wrote:
One of the most quoted verses in the Bible is Romans 8:1,“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus”. Another word for condemnation is punishment. Think about that. If there is no condemnation, Holy Spirit isn’t declaring us guility (convicting) of anything.
Now look at what Holy Spirit really does in the next verse.
“For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.”
Holy Spirit brings freedom to those in Christ, not conviction. When you are free from sin and you continue to sin, it’s going to feel weird. Like putting on an old pair of shoes that you grew out of. Maybe what you feel isn’t guilt but a realization that your actions don’t match your identity.
When we change our mind about who we are, we’ll change our mind about what we do. When we change our mind about who Holy Spirit is to us, we’ll change our mind about what He does through us.
Right Believing Produces Right Living
I will always have to agree with the scriptures but you still cannot SIN WILLFULLY and still be saved in the end.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470302
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> All of that is very true, but it is still not a license for us to sin willfully and still be saved in the end.
He wasn't meaning pre-meditated sinning, meaning I will go ahead and sin, then ask God to forgive me. A true Christian doesn't think in this way ever, that Christianity is a liscense to sin.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470303
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MogWild wrote:
I couldn't care less what Jesus thinks about me. Doesn't sound like the kind of dude I'd want to associate with if you know what I mean...
I am sorry.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470304
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>In the words of Ellie Mae Clampette,'I looooove critters'.
In a skillet?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470305
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't meaning pre-meditated sinning, meaning I will go ahead and sin, then ask God to forgive me. A true Christian doesn't think in this way ever, that Christianity is a liscense to sin.
"What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?
By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."(Romans 6:1-6)

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470306
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Pipek wrote:
<quoted text>
f... with you too.
I don't celebrate with a.....les like you and all faken christians,who are
framing Jesus Christ that He born 12/24 instead end of September
my butt is ugly,
but your butt is full of dry s.... hanging like rabbit balls because is not wiped by toilet paper
ha ha haaaaaa dirty butt
pfuj
Butt ugly refugee, man without a country ...
keys to Whitehouse & NASA, Cape Kennedy in Houston ...
007 wannabe extraordinaire ...waste!
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470307
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
"What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?
By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?
Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."(Romans 6:1-6)
This went straight over my head on what you meant here.

No , A true Christian will not want to sin, they began to hate sinning, I was speaking of pre-meditated (plan it) wrongs (sins) saying I will go ahead and do this and ask for forgiveness, no ,true Christians do not do this.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470308
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> All of that is very true, but it is still not a license for us to sin willfully and still be saved in the end.
Of course we don't have a license to willfully sin. Grace TEACHES us how to live..Titus 2:12.. Before I heard the Gospel, I kept my focus on MY obedience and MY sins.. The more I focused on any particular sin that I was struggeling with, the BIGGER and HARDER it was to abstain from it. It wasn't until I learned that Jesus has set me from condemnation that I began to study more on The Gospel( GRACE) and found that my focus was on Jesus and not on ME..It became easier to be obedient. Of course, I still face sin daily, but when I put my focus back on the cross and realize WHO I am in Christ, I found that I was no longer entangled with the guilt of messing up. Its easier to walk away from sin, instead of focusing on how "GOOD" I have to be all the time, I focus on how good Jesus was TO ME and that makes me WANT to be obedient. Gods ways are not our ways and He knew what He was doing..God Bless

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470309
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't meaning pre-meditated sinning, meaning I will go ahead and sin, then ask God to forgive me. A true Christian doesn't think in this way ever, that Christianity is a liscense to sin.
Amen..Right believing WILL produce Right Living.. I use to sit in church and listen to my previous pastor tell us how WE had to do this and that and how NO sin will ever enter heaven and we had to STRIVE to be Just like Jesus and ect..ect..ect... I finally just stood up and ask him, IF we could DO ALL that, then please tell me WHY Jesus had to come and die?? He couldn't or wouldn't reply..So, I started searching and praying for God to reveal the TRUTH..Jer.29..You will seek me and find me WHEN you seek me with your whole heart..I found the Gospel of Grace. I have read those verses before but NEVER understood them. The Bible say's there is a veil over the hearts and eyes of some and I thank God that the veil was removed and I could see..AMAZING GRACE..:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470310
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...I do too. I have 4 dogs and a big funny Macaw Bird. I am always bringing home animals that nobody else wants. I cant help it!!
Hello Grace ,pleasure. I saw you a bit some time ago at WINLAC, see you've found this thread. I've been here a while - but not much as of late- I do see it's calmed down quite a bit.

So you work for a vet,was my original desired profession but, veered off on other paths(sadly).
But do involve myself in some husbandry, have chickens ,raise goats, rescue strays and the abandoned (both domestic and wild), have birds, iguanas(rescued), cats and one dog. Yes, I love critters too:)

There's some good folk here, and in the past some interesting discussion(some good going on now)- maybe it can get back to that as others like yourself come seeking fellowship.

Be blest.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#470311
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I will always have to agree with the scriptures but you still cannot SIN WILLFULLY and still be saved in the end.
WE were SAVED at Cavalry.. In Revelations, Those messages were not for the congregation of those churches..It was for the "Angel" of the churches which means Messenger which means... Pastor. Please take that man made notion out of your mind..A Christian who understands Grace is NOT looking for a Free ride to sin. My old preacher use to say that old saying to and it seems that Most people who dont understand Grace will always say that. I have heard it all..green light to sin, License to sin..yada..yada..yada.. truth is..Being under the Law is Opposite of Grace and opposite Christ. John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ...Grace and TRUTH are on opposite sides of the Law..Grace and Truth CAME THROUGH JESUS :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

470 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min shyam 4,780
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Pegasus 256,504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min karl44 720,548
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min sweets2360 224,181
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 54 min MUQ1 36,517
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Life is Precious 221,376
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr atemcowboy 532,777
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,400
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Szajen 75
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••