Comments
453,141 - 453,160 of 599,838 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470299 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
Do Christians today NOT realize that ALL their sins have been forgiven? ALL their sins..past, present AND Future? Jesus didnt just pay for your sins all the way up to your conversion to Him. God knew you before you were born and He has seen your entire life ahead of you. We must Believe in what He accomplished for Us on the cross. He has forgiven you, justified you and sanctified you. If someone doesn't believe that then they dont BELIEVE GOD
All of that is very true, but it is still not a license for us to sin willfully and still be saved in the end.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470300 Dec 11, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> So long as you endure unto the end, but the Word warns that if you turn from God then he will turn from you.
Endure in the Belief in Jesus Christ( Righteousness standing by God), yes.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470301 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
One of the most quoted verses in the Bible is Romans 8:1,“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus”. Another word for condemnation is punishment. Think about that. If there is no condemnation, Holy Spirit isn’t declaring us guility (convicting) of anything.
Now look at what Holy Spirit really does in the next verse.
“For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.”
Holy Spirit brings freedom to those in Christ, not conviction. When you are free from sin and you continue to sin, it’s going to feel weird. Like putting on an old pair of shoes that you grew out of. Maybe what you feel isn’t guilt but a realization that your actions don’t match your identity.
When we change our mind about who we are, we’ll change our mind about what we do. When we change our mind about who Holy Spirit is to us, we’ll change our mind about what He does through us.
Right Believing Produces Right Living
I will always have to agree with the scriptures but you still cannot SIN WILLFULLY and still be saved in the end.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470302 Dec 11, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> All of that is very true, but it is still not a license for us to sin willfully and still be saved in the end.
He wasn't meaning pre-meditated sinning, meaning I will go ahead and sin, then ask God to forgive me. A true Christian doesn't think in this way ever, that Christianity is a liscense to sin.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470303 Dec 11, 2012
MogWild wrote:
I couldn't care less what Jesus thinks about me. Doesn't sound like the kind of dude I'd want to associate with if you know what I mean...
I am sorry.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#470304 Dec 11, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>In the words of Ellie Mae Clampette,'I looooove critters'.
In a skillet?

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#470305 Dec 11, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't meaning pre-meditated sinning, meaning I will go ahead and sin, then ask God to forgive me. A true Christian doesn't think in this way ever, that Christianity is a liscense to sin.
"What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?
By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."(Romans 6:1-6)

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#470306 Dec 11, 2012
Pipek wrote:
<quoted text>
f... with you too.
I don't celebrate with a.....les like you and all faken christians,who are
framing Jesus Christ that He born 12/24 instead end of September
my butt is ugly,
but your butt is full of dry s.... hanging like rabbit balls because is not wiped by toilet paper
ha ha haaaaaa dirty butt
pfuj
Butt ugly refugee, man without a country ...
keys to Whitehouse & NASA, Cape Kennedy in Houston ...
007 wannabe extraordinaire ...waste!
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470307 Dec 11, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."(Romans 6:1-6)
This went straight over my head on what you meant here.

No , A true Christian will not want to sin, they began to hate sinning, I was speaking of pre-meditated (plan it) wrongs (sins) saying I will go ahead and do this and ask for forgiveness, no ,true Christians do not do this.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#470308 Dec 11, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> All of that is very true, but it is still not a license for us to sin willfully and still be saved in the end.
Of course we don't have a license to willfully sin. Grace TEACHES us how to live..Titus 2:12.. Before I heard the Gospel, I kept my focus on MY obedience and MY sins.. The more I focused on any particular sin that I was struggeling with, the BIGGER and HARDER it was to abstain from it. It wasn't until I learned that Jesus has set me from condemnation that I began to study more on The Gospel( GRACE) and found that my focus was on Jesus and not on ME..It became easier to be obedient. Of course, I still face sin daily, but when I put my focus back on the cross and realize WHO I am in Christ, I found that I was no longer entangled with the guilt of messing up. Its easier to walk away from sin, instead of focusing on how "GOOD" I have to be all the time, I focus on how good Jesus was TO ME and that makes me WANT to be obedient. Gods ways are not our ways and He knew what He was doing..God Bless

Location hidden

#470309 Dec 11, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen..Right believing WILL produce Right Living.. I use to sit in church and listen to my previous pastor tell us how WE had to do this and that and how NO sin will ever enter heaven and we had to STRIVE to be Just like Jesus and ect..ect..ect... I finally just stood up and ask him, IF we could DO ALL that, then please tell me WHY Jesus had to come and die?? He couldn't or wouldn't reply..So, I started searching and praying for God to reveal the TRUTH..Jer.29..You will seek me and find me WHEN you seek me with your whole heart..I found the Gospel of Grace. I have read those verses before but NEVER understood them. The Bible say's there is a veil over the hearts and eyes of some and I thank God that the veil was removed and I could see..AMAZING GRACE..:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#470310 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...I do too. I have 4 dogs and a big funny Macaw Bird. I am always bringing home animals that nobody else wants. I cant help it!!
Hello Grace ,pleasure. I saw you a bit some time ago at WINLAC, see you've found this thread. I've been here a while - but not much as of late- I do see it's calmed down quite a bit.

So you work for a vet,was my original desired profession but, veered off on other paths(sadly).
But do involve myself in some husbandry, have chickens ,raise goats, rescue strays and the abandoned (both domestic and wild), have birds, iguanas(rescued), cats and one dog. Yes, I love critters too:)

There's some good folk here, and in the past some interesting discussion(some good going on now)- maybe it can get back to that as others like yourself come seeking fellowship.

Be blest.

Location hidden

#470311 Dec 11, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I will always have to agree with the scriptures but you still cannot SIN WILLFULLY and still be saved in the end.
WE were SAVED at Cavalry.. In Revelations, Those messages were not for the congregation of those churches..It was for the "Angel" of the churches which means Messenger which means... Pastor. Please take that man made notion out of your mind..A Christian who understands Grace is NOT looking for a Free ride to sin. My old preacher use to say that old saying to and it seems that Most people who dont understand Grace will always say that. I have heard it all..green light to sin, License to sin..yada..yada..yada.. truth is..Being under the Law is Opposite of Grace and opposite Christ. John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ...Grace and TRUTH are on opposite sides of the Law..Grace and Truth CAME THROUGH JESUS :)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470312 Dec 11, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>That ain't no lie.
You realize Jesus was a Jew, right ?

So were all the apostles.

Location hidden

#470313 Dec 11, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, glad to meet you.
I think 1st John 3:9 is actually saying that , when a person is drawn to Jesus , and accepts Jesus into his soul, this seed(of righteousness) is implanted deep deep into his soul. This seed of righteous grows, changes his character of sinning , habitual or constantly sinning, he starts to hate sinning , this doesn't mean that he might goof up and sin, but that he won't live a constant sinning life anymore, and that he can repent and be forgven for this, being free from sin.
A rock has no roots (for this seed to grow) and some could believe in Jesus , only on the surface, and know nothing about about the 'saving Grace, that they could now have in Jesus and /or reject this saving Grace. These people are like if we 'watch a movie , and someone ask what this movie was about, he could not tell us a thing about it, he watched it, and heard it, but wasn't LISTENING.
We cannot be mean or act like a devil , and be a disciple of Christ . When we become a disciple of Christ, we have a light in the mind that shows the evilness of sin, this keeps us from sinning, free from sin , making us hate sin.
In Hebrews- to reject the only way that can save you, is now no hope for anyone, like if you had real bad terminal sickness , and you rejected the only antidote or medicine that could save you.If you do reject , their is no other Savior, Jesus will not die on the cross again for our sins.
In Luke 8- If a surface-only Christian, has the least little bit of temptation or maybe even a little slight persecution of being a Christion , what little religion or Christianty he had, goes away, he rejects the Holy Sprit, and is worse than ever.
This is a very selfish person , and is not what God wants in His Heavenly Kingdom. This type of person (selfish) wouldn't care if he was the only one in Heaven. Now this is the highest form of selfishness. Reminds me of Lucifer as the angle that wanted all the worship himself, instead of God.
These are just my thoughts, and my feelings on these scriptures.
A real true Christian, would not want to go back to a constant sinning in their life. We are saved from that. Jesus will not give up on us and will guide and direct us.
Its good to have you on here. I like and agree with your post. God Bless

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#470314 Dec 11, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
This went straight over my head on what you meant here.
No , A true Christian will not want to sin, they began to hate sinning, I was speaking of pre-meditated (plan it) wrongs (sins) saying I will go ahead and do this and ask for forgiveness, no ,true Christians do not do this.
I thought it was quite obvious and dove-tailed nicely with what you had written just "going out and sinning because one knows they have grace"(I'm paraphrasing).

I'm curious and no offence but, is English your first language?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470315 Dec 11, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>But, neither did Paul claim that our anointed Savior and Father are one and the same. Regardless of how many share the title "God," an order exists. Paul, in any case, referred to our anointed Savior in the same manner our anointed Savior did of himself, recorded at John 10:30-36.
<quoted text>And this is why I tried to explain to you, that this is the issue with anyone that believes Paul contradicted our anointed Savior. Doubters don't examine Paul's writings to come to this conclusion, but accept the so-called "Christian's" interpretations of his writings.
<quoted text>Your assertion is an old one. I can only hope you don't really believe that good ol' George Washington, as a child, couldn't lie when asked if he had chopped down the cherry tree.
So much to address but given the hour I'll go for two.

1. Paul's letters mention nothign of Jesus except His (alleged) resurrection. Paul never quotes Jesus or a single Gospel once. Paul doesn't get nuch of Judaism correct either.

That is reality. Christian interpretations differ.

2. As for "Lord of the Dead and the Living" as a title. OK, I will agree with that. The same title could have been given to Hitler, Pol Pot and every King and Caesar.

OK, maybe Paul didn't think Jesus was God at all. Thanks for the new perspective.... now I have to read Paul's leters all over again.

Location hidden

#470316 Dec 11, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Grace ,pleasure. I saw you a bit some time ago at WINLAC, see you've found this thread. I've been here a while - but not much as of late- I do see it's calmed down quite a bit.
So you work for a vet,was my original desired profession but, veered off on other paths(sadly).
But do involve myself in some husbandry, have chickens ,raise goats, rescue strays and the abandoned (both domestic and wild), have birds, iguanas(rescued), cats and one dog. Yes, I love critters too:)
There's some good folk here, and in the past some interesting discussion(some good going on now)- maybe it can get back to that as others like yourself come seeking fellowship.
Be blest.
Its a pleasure to meet you also. Its always great to meet others who share the love and compassion for animals. I have rescued plenty of animals. Some I kept and others I had spayed, neutered, vaccinated and found loving homes for. I recently lost my 17 year old poodle that I had since she was six weeks old. She had cancer and when her time came, I had to make the choice of letting her live in pain or take her to work with me and put her down. It was a hard choice but I couldn't allow her to suffer out of my own selfish motives. I have met a lot of nice people on WINLAC and will pop in from time to time to say hello to my old friends. Thanks for helping the little animals..I read one time that "We can tell the true nature of a person, by their treatment of animals"
You are a wonderful person and have a BEAUTIFUL Heart..The world needs more folks like you.:) Blessings to you. I hope we can become friends and have plenty more conversations :)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470317 Dec 11, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I will always have to agree with the scriptures but you still cannot SIN WILLFULLY and still be saved in the end.
I agree.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470318 Dec 11, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Given a new way to look at Paul, it sounds like he may be talking about "spiritual death" while we are alive. Much like Jesus taught:

"Leave the dead to bury their dead"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Tuco Blondie 732,764
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min JUDEletePete 117,955
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Tuco Blondie 226,266
Unborn Baby Up For Adoption (Jan '13) 15 min saa 89
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min seriously the ori... 538,795
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min AussieBobby 257,859
Obama FINALLY Talks About The Beheading 52 min Sarah 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 94,646
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••