Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#470276 Dec 11, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hello,Mrs.Grace. Most all is well. Tryin' to stay warm...but,at the same time,....I got my boxfan going 'fullblast'. So eva' thang aight with you??
Yes, I just got home from a long 10 hour work day. I work for a vet and today was surgery day. We are always busy taking care of sick little animals and keeping them warm and comfortable after surgery. I have a day off tomorrow so I can get some rest. I also go to college online and I will have to do some school work tomorrow afternoon. Getting ready for my church Christmas outreach this weekend. We feed about 500 people and give away clothes and gifts to them all. I love feeding the hungry. It is such a blessing. Stay warm my friend and have a peaceful night. God Bless

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470277 Dec 11, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hi,Swinger.
shhh now your tellin secrects.lol

Location hidden

#470278 Dec 11, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly Quin's response to me is what you typically see from some posting in Topix when they want to avoid giving a straight answer. They simply try to shift the subject and try to make it look like they're being attacked or that the person asking the question is trying to trick them. It's a tactic you see used in Topix all the time. And it's a tactic that Quin is notorious for.
That's why I'll not ask him again. Because after having asked him twice already only to have him use the tactic he loves to use to avoid answering it's clear that he'll just continue to avoid giving a straight answer.
God bless.
What I don't understand is WHY some believers want to be saved by Grace but then judge everyone else under the law. There is plenty of Gods Grace for us all. I just shake my head and say a little prayer for those who want to" mix Law and Grace". <<< That is what the "Lukewarm" Christians" mean. I am reading the verse that speaks of The Holy Spirit leads to all truth and then I come on here and read others claim that the Holy Spirit CONVICTS BELIEVERS of sin..The Law Is Void Of Purpose If The Spirit Convicts Believers Of Sin!

Paul says in Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, GRACE increased all the more,

The Holy Spirit convicts me of who I am in Christ. Contrary to popular belief He does not convict me of sin making me feel guilty. Romans 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus. There is more on this too.

John 16:8-11 And He,( The Holy Spirit) when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; CONCERNING SIN, because THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN ME; ... I believe in Him!!!

and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

What is your thought on this?? God Bless
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470279 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I just got home from a long 10 hour work day. I work for a vet and today was surgery day. We are always busy taking care of sick little animals and keeping them warm and comfortable after surgery. I have a day off tomorrow so I can get some rest. I also go to college online and I will have to do some school work tomorrow afternoon. Getting ready for my church Christmas outreach this weekend. We feed about 500 people and give away clothes and gifts to them all. I love feeding the hungry. It is such a blessing. Stay warm my friend and have a peaceful night. God Bless
In the words of Ellie Mae Clampette,'I looooove critters'.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470280 Dec 11, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
shhh now your tellin secrects.lol
:)
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470281 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,outside of the Lord's work,my ultimate job would be either a Boeing 777 pilot,a GE 190-B jet engine techncian,or an automobile desinger.

Location hidden

#470282 Dec 11, 2012
Do Christians today NOT realize that ALL their sins have been forgiven? ALL their sins..past, present AND Future? Jesus didnt just pay for your sins all the way up to your conversion to Him. God knew you before you were born and He has seen your entire life ahead of you. We must Believe in what He accomplished for Us on the cross. He has forgiven you, justified you and sanctified you. If someone doesn't believe that then they dont BELIEVE GOD
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470283 Dec 11, 2012
designer

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#470284 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't understand is WHY some believers want to be saved by Grace but then judge everyone else under the law. There is plenty of Gods Grace for us all. I just shake my head and say a little prayer for those who want to" mix Law and Grace". <<< That is what the "Lukewarm" Christians" mean. I am reading the verse that speaks of The Holy Spirit leads to all truth and then I come on here and read others claim that the Holy Spirit CONVICTS BELIEVERS of sin..The Law Is Void Of Purpose If The Spirit Convicts Believers Of Sin!
Paul says in Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, GRACE increased all the more,
The Holy Spirit convicts me of who I am in Christ. Contrary to popular belief He does not convict me of sin making me feel guilty. Romans 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus. There is more on this too.
John 16:8-11 And He,( The Holy Spirit) when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; CONCERNING SIN, because THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN ME; ... I believe in Him!!!
and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
What is your thought on this?? God Bless
I agree with you 100%. Romans 8:1 pretty much says it all. Sadly some don't see it. Which as you know is exaclty the way satan wants it. Just as God's Word says.

John 10:10.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

God bless.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470285 Dec 11, 2012
Shuttin' it down early tonight. Sweet Dreams all. 4 R-E-A-L.

Location hidden

#470286 Dec 11, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>In the words of Ellie Mae Clampette,'I looooove critters'.
lol...I do too. I have 4 dogs and a big funny Macaw Bird. I am always bringing home animals that nobody else wants. I cant help it!!
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470287 Dec 11, 2012
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470288 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
Do Christians today NOT realize that ALL their sins have been forgiven? ALL their sins..past, present AND Future? Jesus didnt just pay for your sins all the way up to your conversion to Him. God knew you before you were born and He has seen your entire life ahead of you. We must Believe in what He accomplished for Us on the cross. He has forgiven you, justified you and sanctified you. If someone doesn't believe that then they dont BELIEVE GOD
If there was ANYTHING,and I mean ANYTHING,that man could do to attain,and or retain,his salvation through FAITH in the Holy Cross of Calvary,when the Lord Jesus Christ said 'Father,if it is possible,let this Cup pass from Me...',then God the Father.....wouldn't have.....'turned away'. Just keepin' it REAL. Good night all.
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470289 Dec 11, 2012
CORRECTION:...OUTSIDE of his faith in the Holy Cross of Calvary...
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470290 Dec 11, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...I do too. I have 4 dogs and a big funny Macaw Bird. I am always bringing home animals that nobody else wants. I cant help it!!
:)
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#470291 Dec 11, 2012

Location hidden

#470292 Dec 11, 2012
One of the most quoted verses in the Bible is Romans 8:1,“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus”. Another word for condemnation is punishment. Think about that. If there is no condemnation, Holy Spirit isn’t declaring us guilty (convicting) of anything.

Now look at what Holy Spirit really does in the next verse.

“For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.”

Holy Spirit brings freedom to those in Christ, not conviction. When you are free from sin and you continue to sin, it’s going to feel weird. Like putting on an old pair of shoes that you grew out of. Maybe what you feel isn’t guilt but a realization that your actions don’t match your identity.

When we change our mind about who we are, we’ll change our mind about what we do. When we change our mind about who Holy Spirit is to us, we’ll change our mind about what He does through us.

Right Believing Produces Right Living

Location hidden

#470293 Dec 11, 2012
For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men..It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, TITUS 2:12-13... Grace teaches us..
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#470295 Dec 11, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey sp.I have been a regular here for a few years but haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to introduce myself and if you didnt mind wanted to ask your interpretation of 3 verses. I am using an old backup phone so cant copy and paste but the ones I wanted to get your input on are the following: 1John 3:9, Hebrew 10:26, and Luke 8:13.Essentially John says he that is born of God will no longer continue to sin, Hebrews says anyone who deliberately continues to sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth is no longer covered by the sacrifice and Luke says there will be some on the rock who will for a time receive the word with joy and believe but fall away during temptation.Thx in advance for ur reply.(T) PEACE
Hello, glad to meet you.

I think 1st John 3:9 is actually saying that , when a person is drawn to Jesus , and accepts Jesus into his soul, this seed(of righteousness) is implanted deep deep into his soul. This seed of righteous grows, changes his character of sinning , habitual or constantly sinning, he starts to hate sinning , this doesn't mean that he might goof up and sin, but that he won't live a constant sinning life anymore, and that he can repent and be forgven for this, being free from sin.

A rock has no roots (for this seed to grow) and some could believe in Jesus , only on the surface, and know nothing about about the 'saving Grace, that they could now have in Jesus and /or reject this saving Grace. These people are like if we 'watch a movie , and someone ask what this movie was about, he could not tell us a thing about it, he watched it, and heard it, but wasn't LISTENING.

We cannot be mean or act like a devil , and be a disciple of Christ . When we become a disciple of Christ, we have a light in the mind that shows the evilness of sin, this keeps us from sinning, free from sin , making us hate sin.

In Hebrews- to reject the only way that can save you, is now no hope for anyone, like if you had real bad terminal sickness , and you rejected the only antidote or medicine that could save you.If you do reject , their is no other Savior, Jesus will not die on the cross again for our sins.

In Luke 8- If a surface-only Christian, has the least little bit of temptation or maybe even a little slight persecution of being a Christion , what little religion or Christianty he had, goes away, he rejects the Holy Sprit, and is worse than ever.

This is a very selfish person , and is not what God wants in His Heavenly Kingdom. This type of person (selfish) wouldn't care if he was the only one in Heaven. Now this is the highest form of selfishness. Reminds me of Lucifer as the angle that wanted all the worship himself, instead of God.

These are just my thoughts, and my feelings on these scriptures.

A real true Christian, would not want to go back to a constant sinning in their life. We are saved from that. Jesus will not give up on us and will guide and direct us.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470296 Dec 11, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, glad to meet you.
I think 1st John 3:9 is actually saying that , when a person is drawn to Jesus , and accepts Jesus into his soul, this seed(of righteousness) is implanted deep deep into his soul. This seed of righteous grows, changes his character of sinning , habitual or constantly sinning, he starts to hate sinning , this doesn't mean that he might goof up and sin, but that he won't live a constant sinning life anymore, and that he can repent and be forgven for this, being free from sin.
A rock has no roots (for this seed to grow) and some could believe in Jesus , only on the surface, and know nothing about about the 'saving Grace, that they could now have in Jesus and /or reject this saving Grace. These people are like if we 'watch a movie , and someone ask what this movie was about, he could not tell us a thing about it, he watched it, and heard it, but wasn't LISTENING.
We cannot be mean or act like a devil , and be a disciple of Christ . When we become a disciple of Christ, we have a light in the mind that shows the evilness of sin, this keeps us from sinning, free from sin , making us hate sin.
In Hebrews- to reject the only way that can save you, is now no hope for anyone, like if you had real bad terminal sickness , and you rejected the only antidote or medicine that could save you.If you do reject , their is no other Savior, Jesus will not die on the cross again for our sins.
In Luke 8- If a surface-only Christian, has the least little bit of temptation or maybe even a little slight persecution of being a Christion , what little religion or Christianty he had, goes away, he rejects the Holy Sprit, and is worse than ever.
This is a very selfish person , and is not what God wants in His Heavenly Kingdom. This type of person (selfish) wouldn't care if he was the only one in Heaven. Now this is the highest form of selfishness. Reminds me of Lucifer as the angle that wanted all the worship himself, instead of God.
These are just my thoughts, and my feelings on these scriptures.
A real true Christian, would not want to go back to a constant sinning in their life. We are saved from that. Jesus will not give up on us and will guide and direct us.
So long as you endure unto the end, but the Word warns that if you turn from God then he will turn from you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 4 min It aint necessari... 170
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 12 min Enough is enough 42
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Truth-be-Told 87,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 665,112
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 28 min Caesar 5
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 52 min Peter Ross 444
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 284,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web