Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#470150 Dec 10, 2012
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Real!!! That's a lie made up by some ornery kid that never gets any good stuff.<quoted text>
That's not news ...I've been messed up for a while.<quoted text>
Recipes ...me ...for you?? Yeah rite ...<quoted text>
If I see her, I'll tell her to find you.
LOL!

Cute.

Looks like kay found me,, thanks!
:)

Did you get your 80 degree weather??
Was sixty here today overcast and rainy.

Ok..no recipes.. any fish stories??

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470151 Dec 10, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
No comments on the video Q&A?
I, as a follower of the Way(not International), do not see the Bible condoning any sexual abberation- regardless of the sex of participant and orifices utilised.
I found it strange that the Torah specifically condemns male homosexuality but is curiously silent on the matter of lesbianism.

In most cultures female bonding, even sexual, is acceptable. Esp. cultures that have male dominated polygamy and notably harems (AKA concubines) for the ruling class.

Hey, were back to David ! LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470152 Dec 10, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I listened to the video. That is why I made the comment on my veiws, as well as other veiws.
Follower of the Way ? I am not familiar with that?
<face palm>...<heavy sigh>

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#470153 Dec 10, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
When you sin is it your old man nature or is it the new man that is sinning?
And regardless of which it is when you last sinned (and we all sin) did you lose your salvation?
The next time you sin will you lose your salvation again?
Hey John! saw ur post in a reply but didnt realize u had just made it and were around now. you know me, had to at least dabble in this discussion! LOL But am just writing to say Hi. How has the rehab been going? I cant remember what day in December you said you were having that apt to decide the next step. did that happen already? if so whats the decision if u dont mind me asking?(T) PEACE

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470154 Dec 10, 2012
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
....The next time you sin will you lose your salvation again?
That question has been debated within Christendom for 1700 years.

One can make the scriptural arguement that salvation is lost (r in some case unatainable) due to unrepented sins.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470155 Dec 10, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not go back .The old person, would not have repented.
The new me in Christ, when we sin,(no, not premeditated sinning)
when we sin, we can ask for forgiveness.
So then premeditated sins are eternally unforgivable, even with the utmost repentance ?

Interesting. A very Jewish concept.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470156 Dec 10, 2012
Greeting, salutations, and shalowm, to you...

Skombolis
Senecus
Red Apples
Qu_innocence
Le_le
G_O_D
lil whispers
simplyput

I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Well, I have to call it a night. 5:00am wake up call, and it's already 12:40 here.

Until next time, all of you...

May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470157 Dec 10, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for taking the time to post this.
I believe not one of us can know another man's heart and walk w God.
I believe not one of us will be left behind when all is said and done..
Maybe this seems unrealistic to you and your heart, to me
it's as real as it gets.
You can carry on with your beliefs and I will do the sameo
with mine..
As for Lawlest- I am just not comfortable identifying myself w his kind of
"Christianity".
Thanks again, wishing you the very best.
I have an interesting question for you, what exactly IS my kind of Christianity and what happens to be YOUR brand of "christianity"?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#470158 Dec 10, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent question. Hey Q. I have to admit it is still my favorite subject of debate. I always try to read when it comes up, especially with a new poster like sp because there is always the chance I will see something new or hear something I want to use or take to heart. I am interested how someone might answer what you asked, especially if they include 1John 3:9 cause imo its about as deep as it gets since we are no longer controlled by sin and a new creation in Christ so why does one continue to sin and while we all pretty much concede man will continue to, is he supposed to and what does that mean for free will, predestination, the diff between deliberate sin, and whether man can know if he is on the rock and must we finish the race to be spared judgement? So many things your question touches on imo. good to see ya.(T) Peace
Hey Skom, good to see you also man... interesting questions to be sure and just taking one at a time if possible...

Apostle John: "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." I John 3:9

Basically, we don't make a habit of sinning and we have a desire to please God... but then again, temptation and the flesh... and the choices we make (free will).

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470159 Dec 10, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. We're starting from #3 on the list.
First, we must take into account the context of what both men were discussing. Our anointed Savior was discussing the resurrection, while Paul was declaring who the ultimate judge is. Secondly, we must not neglect to realize that our anointed Savior was referring to Father, while Paul was referring to our anointed Savior.....
EDIT FOR SPACE ONLY
I disagree but respect your arguement and the thought put into it. It still doesn't resolve the Boolean impossibility. Either God is a God of the Dead or God isn't. The time and audience doesn't affect that. The contradiction still stands unless Jesus or Paul was lying to their audience. My money is on Jesus telling the truth. <smile>
The problem with Christian apologetics is that they can not take Jesus' word over Pauls and since the entire theology is predicated on Paul they have to align the two.
Thus the massive explanations instead of simply acknowledging that Paul was wrong.
That is the crux of Paulinism. Without Paul, modern Christianity would crumble if forced to rely on the teachings of the words of Jesus alone.

“Saved. ”

#470160 Dec 10, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Greeting, salutations, and shalowm, to you...
Skombolis
Senecus
Red Apples
Qu_innocence
Le_le
G_O_D
lil whispers
simplyput
I hope I didn't leave anyone out.
Well, I have to call it a night. 5:00am wake up call, and it's already 12:40 here.
Until next time, all of you...
May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.
Shalowm my brother! we've (mostly I) have been pummeled with evil icons all day but I will survive, I will survive... how does that song go? lol Take bro, not too far from heading out myself.

Location hidden

#470161 Dec 10, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Hey LeLe! Hey Senacus!Hey Brother Lee, Hey Red Apples!......Good to see everyone. Also Hey Epi since I prob will not be around in the morning. And hey to everyone and anyone I missed that's around now(T) peace
Hi guy!

Good to see you too.
Hope all is well.
Did you see the "kay to Le le" post?? LOL.
I miss -yesterday- in here!

Thanks for the shout out..
Sending my best.

Location hidden

#470162 Dec 10, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Basically, we don't make a habit of sinning and we have a desire to please God... but then again, temptation and the flesh... and the choices we make (free will).
Hey Q...I agree it comes down to free will and imo think pretty much every choice boils down to giving in to the flesh or following the Spirit. If one went solely by 1John 3:9 in its strictest sense we would all be in rough shape but I think that is obviously why we compare scripture and look at it in its entirety to get the full picture. I personally think forgiveness is ongoing so long as repentance is ongoing which is would be if one continues to allow the Spirit to convict him. But if one basically says screw it and turns his back on God and returns to the world and unrepentant sin then he is no longer covered by the Sacrifice.Repentance cant be faked, not to God anyway so any preplanned deathbed confessions wont do the trick but God will always forgive those who r truly sorry imo (T) PEACE

Location hidden

#470163 Dec 10, 2012
Hey G, Hey Lawest!

“Saved. ”

#470164 Dec 10, 2012
Well folks, hope you guys and gals have a good early morning... it's been a looooong shift.

God loves you all... He loves us too much to let us stay where we are at.

Location hidden

#470165 Dec 10, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I have an interesting question for you, what exactly IS my kind of Christianity and what happens to be YOUR brand of "christianity"?
Why is that an interesting question?

Your witness for God on topix is what I am referring to. Whether it be abortion, water baptism..and so on..you are:

Pompus selfrighteous and rude.
From how you speak of your pastor and church and the over the
top belief system there- you are simply following "suit"..

I do not consider myself to have a "brand" of Christianity.
Older in my walk w Christ than you think- I am sure.

Have studied and learned Scripture with some amazing people.
Not looking to be taught by you.
Happy in my walk..

Take care Lawlest- do not wish you harm- just can't stay on sidelines
when there is something dear to my heart being
trampled on.

Location hidden

#470166 Dec 10, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi guy!Good to see you too.Did you see the "kay to Le le" post?? LOL.I miss -yesterday- in here!Thanks for the shout out..Sending my best.
How are you doing my friend? I have missed you. No I did not see it yet, only read the last page but plan on going back to do some catching up soon and will look for it. I have been real busy with work and the posting I have been doing has been elsewhere as I wandered off to have some discussions and debates and...be ready for the shock...to lace up the boxing gloves for a few rounds! I know..me right? Who woulda figured? LOL..But as it is getting closer to the holidays I have found myself missing here a lot more. I think I could use some time back with old friends and some much neededfellowship. I have much to be grateful for and want to spend my time focused on God now instead of petty squabbles on the internet.I love this time of year as in both real life and our little virtual online family we get to do some catching up(T) PEACE

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470167 Dec 10, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Shalowm my brother! we've (mostly I) have been pummeled with evil icons all day but I will survive, I will survive... how does that song go? lol Take bro, not too far from heading out myself.
Ignore the icon fairies.

Except for me, I leave hearts. Get them while they last. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470168 Dec 10, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Q...I agree it comes down to free will and imo think pretty much every choice boils down to giving in to the flesh or following the Spirit. If one went solely by 1John 3:9 in its strictest sense we would all be in rough shape but I think that is obviously why we compare scripture and look at it in its entirety to get the full picture. I personally think forgiveness is ongoing so long as repentance is ongoing which is would be if one continues to allow the Spirit to convict him. But if one basically says screw it and turns his back on God and returns to the world and unrepentant sin then he is no longer covered by the Sacrifice.Repentance cant be faked, not to God anyway so any preplanned deathbed confessions wont do the trick but God will always forgive those who r truly sorry imo (T) PEACE
Makes sense to me...then again I'm a heretic. LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#470169 Dec 10, 2012
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
....Pompus selfrighteous and rude.....
How dare you place my accolades on another ? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 838,585
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min who 271,336
sexy japanese hot thailand girls sexy china gir... (Jun '09) 52 min Andy 24
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,970
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,386
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Halle Berry Sister 176,947
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr Al Capone 5,904
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 590,176
More from around the web