|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good point Qu as this is much like the scenario/question that I posted a couple of times that only garnered two responses. It'll be interesting to see what type of an answer ( if any ) you'll receive here.
Yup... I don't know if you knew this, but I was surprised to learn, fairly recently, that James Cleveland was gay...

http://www.atoast2wealth.com/2012/06/16/new-h...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey LW, thanks for posting this... yes, you took your lumps. All who would dare to pass thru these halls, I mean, thread... must take their share of lumps. lol, some take their lumps more than others though.
So be it,God bless

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Hey there Bro. Lee... be encouraged. Smile.

Jesus: "Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man."

Just because some don't receive your words does not mean that you are not speaking Christ's words... I used to think that the above saying from Jesus was only speaking of non-believers... but it is more so also talking about Believers. The servant is not above His master. Who was trying to excommunicate and kill Jesus? His own Jewish brethren, of course. Even His own 1/2 brothers didn't initially believe on Him.

So keep the faith... I know you will. Breaks my heart also. I used to believe on the other gospel. By that I mean, the once saved always saved gospel. I fought hard against the truth just like they are fighting against it. I even said that "they" were deceived because how can a father send his own son into hell? Come to find out, the scriptures gives us ample warnings. It took me about 6 months to a year from recovering from that once saved always saved disillusionment and coming to the truth in the Lord that even some Christians and other Believers (in name only), will not survive the judgement.

It's not you that they are rejecting, it's ULTIMATELY Him. Cheers!
Thank you, my Brother. I truly appreciate your encouragement.

I don't know if you caught it or not, but I had just recently explained to G_O_D that as I've witnessed and that more times than not, believers reject what I share with them because pride and/or fear overcomes logic and reason. The other reason is because...I'll get into that.

This pride derives from the believer's rejection of the mere possibility that they might be in error, or worse yet, deceived by those they('ve) trust(ed). They're far more intelligent than that, to be in error, or be deceived. And apparently, it's impossible for those that they('ve) trust(ed) to be in error, or deceived, too. If the one(s) they('ve) trust(ed) were in error, or deceived, surely they would have noticed!

This fear derives from the reluctance to change, as it seems more profitable and, sadly, easier to remain in the doctrine they've been taught.

Worse, yet, is the claim of being led by the Holy Spirit. Not one denomination of Christendom exists that doesn't make this claim! And yet, Christendom remains divided by thousands of sects and splinter groups, and not one denomination will humble itself enough to examine themselves thoroughly, to determine if they're the one in error, or not. It's always the other denominations that are in error! Ecclesiasticus 10:13 warns, "For pride is the beginning of sin."

All I ask is that my posts are answered with the same thoroughness as I answer their's. I try, to the best of my ability, to address every assertion and every quote. As far as I'm concerned, it's unprofitable to declare another wrong without providing evidence of the error, no an fact-based explanation to correct the error. If I cause contradiction, then provide evidence as to how I've caused such a foolish error! That's all I ask.

Until next time...

Shalowm, Brother.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yup... I don't know if you knew this, but I was surprised to learn, fairly recently, that James Cleveland was gay...
http://www.atoast2wealth.com/2012/06/16/new-h...
I vaguely remember hearing something like this about him years ago ( but didn't ponder on it ), but not too much surprises me about these show biz people. We both know that the Holy Ghost and that of spirit can't cleave together anyway, but our OSAS believers will tell us that even if he died like that he'll be saved anyway.........>Sic<.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

That KIND of spirit...................

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you, my Brother. I truly appreciate your encouragement.
I don't know if you caught it or not, but I had just recently explained to G_O_D that as I've witnessed and that more times than not, believers reject what I share with them because pride and/or fear overcomes logic and reason. The other reason is because...I'll get into that.
This pride derives from the believer's rejection of the mere possibility that they might be in error, or worse yet, deceived by those they('ve) trust(ed). They're far more intelligent than that, to be in error, or be deceived. And apparently, it's impossible for those that they('ve) trust(ed) to be in error, or deceived, too. If the one(s) they('ve) trust(ed) were in error, or deceived, surely they would have noticed!
This fear derives from the reluctance to change, as it seems more profitable and, sadly, easier to remain in the doctrine they've been taught.
...kind of like Linus with the security blanket. If one takes it away he'll have a fit. In this case, OSAS security being that blanket but in the same way as Linus, provides for a false security.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Worse, yet, is the claim of being led by the Holy Spirit. Not one denomination of Christendom exists that doesn't make this claim! And yet, Christendom remains divided by thousands of sects and splinter groups, and not one denomination will humble itself enough to examine themselves thoroughly, to determine if they're the one in error, or not. It's always the other denominations that are in error! Ecclesiasticus 10:13 warns, "For pride is the beginning of sin."
All I ask is that my posts are answered with the same thoroughness as I answer their's. I try, to the best of my ability, to address every assertion and every quote. As far as I'm concerned, it's unprofitable to declare another wrong without providing evidence of the error, no an fact-based explanation to correct the error. If I cause contradiction, then provide evidence as to how I've caused such a foolish error! That's all I ask.
Until next time...
Shalowm, Brother.
Yes that's true. Sometimes all one can do though is be like that farmer who sows the good seed. Some will fall on good ground as well as the other places. Just depends on the spiritual condition of those who receive that word at the time it is given. What you may sow as seed some may in turn think that you are sowing tares. It really takes a lot of prayer and patience my brother.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
And by the same methodology I can show that he did.
Then, let's begin.

Obviously, you're going to have to initiate the volley. I can't, considering that I don't believe Paul contradicted the teachings of our anointed Savior.
G_O_D wrote:
Someone once said that the Scriptures are simply a Rorschach test in words. They were absolutely right.
Again, you're entitled to your opinion, my friend. All I can say, though, is that this "someone" must have found it rather difficult understanding the bible, themselves. A puzzle, perhaps. But, a Rorschach Test? Not as I "see" it.(See the pun? I tried.)
G_O_D wrote:
I thought it was apt hyperbole.
Well, of course you would. And I must admit, I'm glad you used the term "hyperbole" to define your use of the term "Chinglish," as that's how I understood your expression.

Regardless of our feelings concerning any of our translations, it was inevitable. I see no need to offer an explanation as I'm sure you're aware.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Welp, I've said that I would get back with you on this. Yes it is true that we will always be our parents' child (by blood as you say).. even if we (by our own choosing) wander off from their instructions and find ourselves in a place they have warned us about.
<quoted text>Let's say a person who lived the homosexual lifestyle receives Christ. They are following Christ for years... they are fine with no wish to be with the opposite sex ever again. Later on, they see an old flame and are tempted and tintillated. Through poor choices they find themselves back into homosexuality, they find scriptures condoning their lifestyle and continue to live in that situation, get married to their life-partner. You mean to tell me that - that person was never saved to begin with because they fell into temptation? Shouldn't once saved always saved keep them from falling from grace? Jesus, friend of sinners right?
We ALL fall into some sort of temptation. You are refering to a homosexual, However, Sin is sin and I dont believe God has a sliding scale from 1 to 10...If a TRUE Believer has been born again, been baptized with the Holy Spirit, then The Holy Spirit will never leave a true believer. EVER!! For example, Romans 8:9

The fact that the Holy Spirit will never leave a believer is also seen in Ephesians 1:13-14 where believers are said to be “sealed” with the Holy Spirit,“who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.” The picture of being sealed with the Spirit is one of ownership and possession. God has promised eternal life to all who believe in Christ, and as a guarantee that He will keep His promise, He has sent the Holy Spirit to indwell the believer until the day of redemption.

While the Holy Spirit will never leave a believer, it is possible for our sin to “quench the Holy Spirit”(1 Thessalonians 5:19) or “grieve the Holy Spirit”(Ephesians 4:30). Sin always has consequences in our relationship with God. While our relationship with God is secure in Christ, unconfessed sin in our lives can hinder our fellowship with God and effectively quench the Holy Spirit’s working in our lives. That is why it is so important to confess our sins because God is “faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”(1 John 1:9). So, while the Holy Spirit will never leave us, the benefits and joy of His presence can in fact depart from us.

We didn't SAVE Ourselves...Jesus bought and paid for our sins. HE Bacame Sin SO WE could become righteous..You will have to take it up with Jesus.. He SAVED US...and yes, we ALL still fall into sin...some sins we don't even know about..So how are OUR sins any different? I DO NOT condone homosexual realtionships, However, I dont judge people who SIN differently than I DO...and neither should you..God Bless
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

http://news.yahoo.com/pot-legalized-colo-govs... One of the many signs of the end-times is WIDESPREAD MORAL DECAY. One of the responsibilities of leaders is to be an example of righteousness. But every day in the news we're seeing the exact opposite from many of the people who have been entrusted to make righteous,moral decisions that will benefit the physical and spiritual well-being of the people of the land. Gay marriages....marajuana legalization....taking God out of schools...Though the Lord expects righteous,godly people to fight for,and stand for,that which is moral and holy,the people of the Lord know that Satan the devil is the invisible force behind all that is opposed to the righteous ways of the Lord Jesus Christ. And they know that this current world of sin and evil and wickedness is passing away. And we know that Satan and his followers are opposing the Lord with all of their might and spirit because they know what their end will be when they stand before the King of Glory,who they CHOSE to rebel against when they enjoyed total bliss and innocence in heaven. Yes,we know who's ultimately behind the new world order and the one world government movement. And the 'dragon' will lead many to hell with him.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

REVELATION

Rev 1:8 (Part 5)

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come, THE ALMIGHTY."

1. The Almighty - Jesus is not only the Son of Man but He is also The Mighty God...

A. "Then Jesus came to them and said,'All authority in heaven and on earth HAS BEEN GIVEN to Me.' " mt 28:18

B. "The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands." Jn 3:35

(1) Are you saying that God The Father has given it to Jesus? Yes sir indeedy. Don't believe me, believe in Jesus' and His own words above. Here is Paul's and Peter's estimations:

a. Paul: "For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE GOD HIMSELF, who put everything under Christ." hmmmmm... I Cor 15:27

b. Peter: "...and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—WITH ANGELS, AUTHORITIES and powers IN SUBMISSION to Him." I Peter 3:21-22

*(Oh, btw... who or what hinders you from going through with the sacrament of water baptism? Consider following Jesus and the Apostles' example, take it on faith. Have you considered why others are trying to discourage you and hinder you from getting baptized with water?)

2. The Almighty - So yes, it's a given that God the Father is The Almighty... Jesus, the Son is the Almighty, also. Like Father, like Son....

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
...kind of like Linus with the security blanket. If one takes it away he'll have a fit. In this case, OSAS security being that blanket but in the same way as Linus, provides for a false security.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Exactly.

"Withdrawals." That's funny.
Qu_innocence wrote:
Yes that's true. Sometimes all one can do though is be like that farmer who sows the good seed. Some will fall on good ground as well as the other places. Just depends on the spiritual condition of those who receive that word at the time it is given. What you may sow as seed some may in turn think that you are sowing tares. It really takes a lot of prayer and patience my brother.
Sadly, I do allow frustration to overcome me, at times.

Not to liken myself to our anointed Savior even slightly, I can understand why he got to the point of anger (Mark 3:5) and tears (Luke 19:41) after being repeatedly rejected by the religious leaders of Israel and those that feared them. I mean, as the gods of Israel, they, more than any other, should have welcomed not only him, but his teachings, as well! But, like you said, the servant is not greater than the master.

I appreciate you, my Brother.

Until next time...

Shalowm.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
We ALL fall into some sort of temptation. You are refering to a homosexual, However, Sin is sin and I dont believe God has a sliding scale from 1 to 10...If a TRUE Believer has been born again, been baptized with the Holy Spirit, then The Holy Spirit will never leave a true believer. EVER!! For example, Romans 8:9
The fact that the Holy Spirit will never leave a believer is also seen in Ephesians 1:13-14 where believers are said to be “sealed” with the Holy Spirit,“who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.” The picture of being sealed with the Spirit is one of ownership and possession. God has promised eternal life to all who believe in Christ, and as a guarantee that He will keep His promise, He has sent the Holy Spirit to indwell the believer until the day of redemption.
While the Holy Spirit will never leave a believer, it is possible for our sin to “quench the Holy Spirit”(1 Thessalonians 5:19) or “grieve the Holy Spirit”(Ephesians 4:30). Sin always has consequences in our relationship with God. While our relationship with God is secure in Christ, unconfessed sin in our lives can hinder our fellowship with God and effectively quench the Holy Spirit’s working in our lives. That is why it is so important to confess our sins because God is “faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”(1 John 1:9). So, while the Holy Spirit will never leave us, the benefits and joy of His presence can in fact depart from us.
We didn't SAVE Ourselves...Jesus bought and paid for our sins. HE Bacame Sin SO WE could become righteous..You will have to take it up with Jesus.. He SAVED US...and yes, we ALL still fall into sin...some sins we don't even know about..So how are OUR sins any different? I DO NOT condone homosexual realtionships, However, I dont judge people who SIN differently than I DO...and neither should you..God Bless
1. Jesus: "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of A GREATER SIN." jn 19:11

2. Apostle John: "If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that." I Jn 5:16

3. Prophet Ezekiel: Ez 8:12-15

4. Apostle Paul: Men will go from bad to worse... Jesus: Men will wax worse and worse and the love of many will grow cold.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
my dear son dr reality
great post you posted,
only don't put blue marks web pages where from you get those information.we need spiritual nourishment,not to look at someone written web pages
May God bless you my son and bro in Christ
Hi,Shrink.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.
...kinda like a fish outta water... flippin' this way and that... until it's put back in the water.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>your last words from Revelation back up truines of Son of God Godhead of His body church
also Jesus Is in the sense as Almighty God over this Body,
JESUS IS HEAD MAIN CENTER OF FUNCTION OF THIS BODY CHURCH RESIDING BEHIND THE CURTAIN BY MOST HOLY TABERNACLE OF EL SHADDAI
but Jesus is not EL Shaddai HaSheme Addonai as Almighty Father of all created Lights and creatures
I know it is very difficult to understand this by those without of open spiritual eyes and ears not born again
have nice evening,this topic need to run properly and in Peace,
you contribute a lot good spiritual thoughts
,>smile>
...to God be alllllllllllll the credit.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.
...kinda like a teenager who lost his cellphone...

...kinda like Dr. Reality without unsaved people to minister to...

...kinda like Pee Wee Herman who lost his bicycle...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
So how are OUR sins any different? I DO NOT condone homosexual realtionships, However, I dont judge people who SIN differently than I DO...and neither should you..God Bless
Why don't you condone homosexual relationships?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Jesus: "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of A GREATER SIN." jn 19:11
2. Apostle John: "If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that." I Jn 5:16
3. Prophet Ezekiel: Ez 8:12-15
4. Apostle Paul: Men will go from bad to worse... Jesus: Men will wax worse and worse and the love of many will grow cold.
1- Hath the greater sin - It is a sin in thee to condemn me, while thou art convinced in thy conscience that I am innocent: but the Jews who delivered me to thee, and Judas who delivered me to the Jews, have the greater crime to answer for. Thy ignorance in some measure excuses thee; but the rage and malice of the Jews put them at present out of the reach of mercy.

2- You have a good point on that one...so I will honestly say..I dont know!!

3- Adulterous wife, who receives strangers instead of her husband" (Ez 16:5-8, 12-15, 30-32).The yearly lamenting for Tammuz was attended with infamous practices; and the worshippers of the sun here described, are supposed to have been priests. The Lord appeals to the prophet concerning the heinousness of the crime; and lo, they put the branch to their nose, denoting some custom used by idolaters in honour of the idols they served...Besides, This was BEFORE the Cross..

4-The love of many shall wax cold - By reason of these trials and persecutions from without, and those apostasies and false prophets from within, the love of many to Christ and his doctrine, and to one another, shall grow cold. Some openly deserting the faith, as Matthew 24:10; others corrupting it, as Matthew 24:11; and others growing indifferent about it, Matthew 24:12. Even at this early period there seems to have been a very considerable defection in several Christian Churches..

Sorry my brother, but this doesn't prove your point..sin is sin is sin..EXCEPCT...UNBELIEF.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you condone homosexual relationships?
WHY? Because I know it's not natural. It should be Man with women. Fornication is also sex before marriage and fornication is lined up with evil thoughts, hate, theft and a lie..Even little white lies and such things that We ALL do. I simply try to LOVE all people and let God be their judge. If we continue to purposely point out Homosexuals and not those who are shacking up, cheating on their taxes or even calling in to work and claiming to be sick when they are not, Then what are we showing them? We are not showing them "GOD" and His LOVE. We are showing them OUR biased opinion. Have a blessed night..Love ya brother
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...I am well aware of the story about the "doubting Thomas".
I stopped because I did not want to offend anyone.
Too often people to espouse their own beliefs put others down for theirs.
This has all turned in to..."I am right and you are wrong"..."I am a better Christian than you"..."I am being guided by the Holy Spirit and you are not"...etc etc.
Each side here has backed up why they believe as they do with scripture...each believing that they have found the answer.
What I see are friendships being strained...
IMO
It seems we all know the doubting Thomas character, and we have
all been guilty of being him at sometime or another. I think this is good in a lot of ways, though it could be carried too far in life to always doubt.

I haven't seen any 'I am right and you are wrong' attitudes in here
yet or the 'I am a better Christian than you' attitude. I think of it this way, I could learn something from these discussions and could be wrong in my thinking, also. The main thing we do have in common is, we all believe Jesus died for us and we are saved.

God shows no favoritisms to anyone, we are all treated the same, so if anyone feels they are better than their fellow man, whether be another Christian, or not a Christian, they are not. Christians just know that they will have everlasting life, and want so bad for others that have not accepted Jesus, to do so.

If friendships on here is strained, it would be because they are letting it happen, friends should not stress each other, especially
speaking of God, God should always be 'comforting. God Bless

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 452,981 - 453,000 of598,705
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

632 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 4 min Miranda 56
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Proxy Queen 715,938
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Charlie Sheen 255,590
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 11 min andet1987 846
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Chess 529,688
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Krackerjacks 114,546
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min seethestar 3,863
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 46 min larisa 59
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jennifer 93,140
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••