<quoted text>To LAWEST100, you said:
I am referring to you "letting go" in the sense-
that, God can not be put in the box you and those likeminded
like you want to put Him into.
I wish for you that you would - let go and let God..-
You have no God given right to judge another man's soul-
or his destiny in the here ever after..
If you boast about any eternal >payoff< to your approach on
Salvation- then, my friend, you are --working-- too hard.
God doesn't need pompus- and neither does the world..
Lighten up.
ps. you can pass that along to your pastor also..
any "flame" that might be started through Love and Grace..
I just have never bought into Militant Christianity..
So you understand and as I agree, there's a grave danger in believing in this "once saved, always saved" doctrine." And I, like LAWEST100, project my concerns in my opposition. And why? Because, it's quite common for those that believe in such a doctrine to become lackadaisical, lukewarm, and unprofitable. And I'm sure that, like me, this is LAWEST100's main concern and not as to whether or not he's correct in his beliefs and assertions. With that being said, is LAWEST100, or even myself, thinking, acting, or reacting, any differently than Paul? Consider the following account, please and if you would be so kind.
Acts 17:22-23, 30-31, 32-34
Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
So Paul departed from among them.
Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.
Do you think Paul was quenching their "fire," or trying to ignite one?
Would you have mocked him, desired to hear him again of the matter, or clave unto him and believed?
Would you have told Paul to "lighten up"?
The fact of the matter is, LAWEST100 and those like-minded are doing nothing that hasn't been done first by the apostles and disciples of the early Church.
Thank you for your time and consideration, Le_le. And have a blessed day.
Until next time...
May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym remain with you and yours.
1Corinthians 2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things.
lol... hey Bro Lee... you're making too much sense.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#470070 Dec 10, 2012
Here For Now wrote:
There is no sinful habit or past hurt that is beyond the healing touch of our Lord.
Have you gone year after year without receiving spiritual healing? God is capable of freeing you, but you may have become comfortable in your sin. You may not want to be healed. If you really want to receive spiritual health, God can give it today. He wants you to ask Him.
...Amen HFN...

“Saved. ”

#470071 Dec 10, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm aware. The issue, right now, is that I don't believe I'm taking any of the scriptures I quoted out of context. And yet, I patiently wait for someone...anyone...to provide substantial evidence that proves I am. Until then, I have no reason to change my stance.
<quoted text>"Hath God cast away his people," asked Paul? "God forbid," he answered. Continuing, Paul writes, "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." Then, at Romans 3:1-2, it says, "What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God." And finally, Paul wrote of his "kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen (Rom 9:3-5)."
Let's not forget, "salvation is of the Jews (John 4:22)."
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 2:10
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile.
<quoted text>Does this coincide with the "first resurrection?" "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished (Rev 20:5)." As I understand it, only 144,000 are to be resurrected, to reign with our anointed Savior for a thousand years.
<quoted text>Share this with me, please and if you will, with scripture?
<quoted text>I'm running out of room. I'll get to the above in another post.
Until then...
Shalowm.
Hey there Bro. Lee... be encouraged. Smile.

Jesus: "Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man."

Just because some don't receive your words does not mean that you are not speaking Christ's words... I used to think that the above saying from Jesus was only speaking of non-believers... but it is more so also talking about Believers. The servant is not above His master. Who was trying to excommunicate and kill Jesus? His own Jewish brethren, of course. Even His own 1/2 brothers didn't initially believe on Him.

So keep the faith... I know you will. Breaks my heart also. I used to believe on the other gospel. By that I mean, the once saved always saved gospel. I fought hard against the truth just like they are fighting against it. I even said that "they" were deceived because how can a father send his own son into hell? Come to find out, the scriptures gives us ample warnings. It took me about 6 months to a year from recovering from that once saved always saved disillusionment and coming to the truth in the Lord that even some Christians and other Believers (in name only), will not survive the judgement.

It's not you that they are rejecting, it's Him. Cheers!

“Saved. ”

#470072 Dec 10, 2012
Edit: "It's not you that they are rejecting, it's ULTIMATELY Him."

“Saved. ”

#470073 Dec 10, 2012
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a poster from Aurora posting as "bbb" before. People raised question about this "bbb" posting like Cindy, and later on "bbb" stopped posting. It was not clear whether there was a real bbb, and Cindy impersonated her later on or it was Cindy all along.
yeah, that's who it was...bbb... I don't recall ever having a problem with her. I heard the accusations that she was Cindy but wasn't sure... I just remember asking her about the Santa Fe and Pueblo ISPs/// then she disappeared.

If she was ever Cindy, she got me again. May she truly find (T) peace.

“Saved. ”

#470074 Dec 10, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Q;looks like FYI found the information your seeking.
Now if anyone thinks I up for repeating some type of game here.
Wrong Wrong thinking as I shall turn on the ignore button.
Good Afternoon, yep. Thought you may have remembered her since she was on that side of the U.S. It's just that Simplyput had reminded me of bbb and I remember some of the posts that was associated with her. Just wondering why she ran off so all of a sudden and if you remembered her..

“Saved. ”

#470075 Dec 10, 2012
TIM958 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BY6VAy9y_iQXX
:^)
Beautiful song. I understand where you are coming from by posting this in lieu of the OSAS gospel, but nevertheless, Jesus didn't want them to stay in that condition and continue to make it habitual. His message was based on repentance and "go sin no more or a worse thing will come upon you."

“Saved. ”

#470076 Dec 10, 2012
Goldbar-Gary wrote:
Jesus loves ALL of HIS children. If you have a child, don't you love that child? I loved my two children from the time I knew that were conceived. I never met them until delivery but I loved them. That should let you know that that is how and why Jesus loves you because he is the son of GOD and we are ALL God's children. Would you mind if I blogged about this topic on my blog? I would like to blog about it at http://www.empowernetwork.com/google_com/
Let me know if you are okay with that because I would love to share with the world ( or those who will actually see it ) and share your post and the post of others to hopefully help others through the power of God and the lord Jesus Christ. Thank you and stay blessed.
You know, it's pretty strange how I start asking about Aurora, bbb and all... and all of a sudden you just show up with a 'grey-out' ISP from that part of the country. And how you use Gary within your avatar and then in one of your posts on another Topic you use DAVE within your post:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/miami-fl/TON2...

I'm not saying you are Gary or Dave... but someone else we all know and love, lol.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470077 Dec 10, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Afternoon, yep. Thought you may have remembered her since she was on that side of the U.S. It's just that Simplyput had reminded me of bbb and I remember some of the posts that was associated with her. Just wondering why she ran off so all of a sudden and if you remembered her..
Hi Q:

First off I not too interested in people who deliberty set out to hurt others for little or no reason other than to entertain thereselves or commonly known as trouble makers.
Now as for myself you must admit I taken quite a zsss kickin from time from some posters been rolled in the dirt been ignored made fun of and came right back for more.You shall find most troublemakers do take tail and run and in doin so they take that yellow stripe with them.As for myself Q I have nothing to run from and no reason to run and I am still here.I plan to be here until my work for my Lord is done and then I shall move on where ever He so chooses to take me.So you see with this opinion of mine I had not reason to remember her.Have a good day God bless

“Saved. ”

#470078 Dec 10, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of the biological parent statement, I wasn't meaning of the love from our parents or guidance (some parents are not loving of their children or teach and guide them -, most are tho).
I was speaking of the blood, that we have of our biological parents, we could never disown our parents, and they could never disown us, we will always have their blood. It is impossible for them to disown us.
Welp, I've said that I would get back with you on this. Yes it is true that we will always be our parents' child (by blood as you say).. even if we (by our own choosing) wander off from their instructions and find ourselves in a place they have warned us about.
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of being 'born again spiritually, through Jesus Christ, and if we are truly born again (not a pretend to be) an experience happens to us , and the old man dies and we are transformed , we are 'washed in the blood of Christ.
Let's say a person who lived the homosexual lifestyle receives Christ. They are following Christ for years... they are fine with no wish to be with the opposite sex ever again. Later on, they see an old flame and are tempted and tintillated. Through poor choices they find themselves back into homosexuality, they find scriptures condoning their lifestyle and continue to live in that situation, get married to their life-partner. You mean to tell me that - that person was never saved to begin with because they fell into temptation? Shouldn't once saved always saved keep them from falling from grace? Jesus, friend of sinners right?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470079 Dec 10, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Welp, I've said that I would get back with you on this. Yes it is true that we will always be our parents' child (by blood as you say).. even if we (by our own choosing) wander off from their instructions and find ourselves in a place they have warned us about.
<quoted text>Let's say a person who lived the homosexual lifestyle receives Christ. They are following Christ for years... they are fine with no wish to be with the opposite sex ever again. Later on, they see an old flame and are tempted and tintillated. Through poor choices they find themselves back into homosexuality, they find scriptures condoning their lifestyle and continue to live in that situation, get married to their life-partner. You mean to tell me that - that person was never saved to begin with because they fell into temptation? Shouldn't once saved always saved keep them from falling from grace? Jesus, friend of sinners right?
Good point Qu as this is much like the scenario/question that I posted a couple of times that only garnered two responses. It'll be interesting to see what type of an answer ( if any ) you'll receive here.

“Saved. ”

#470080 Dec 10, 2012
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>One statement of fact,'Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall have everlasting life. Not by good works, or anything we can say or do, but Believe in Jesus Christ, that He died for our sins, this is to be from within us, with God, and He knows us, His children and will not disown us.

We will still be in this world , having temptations thrown at us, others trying to deceive us, but we have Christ's sheild to put on
whenever we need it.
We, Must" be born again,(truly born again) and God knows if we are truly HIS.
There is a Pastor named Carlton Pierson. I believe he went to Oral Roberts University and he isn't gay btw, but he ministers to homosexuals and has a gay-accepting church.(By gay-accepting church, by that I mean they believe that God condones homosexuality and Carlton also believes that there is no such thing as hell... le le believes this also, now that I think about it... it's called neo-saduceeism)

So, based on the Once Saved Always Saved gospel, Do you believe that it's okay for these gays to continue as they were? Jesus, friend of sinners btw... do you also believe in gay-affirming churches like some Christians on here?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470081 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
It is a poor Greek translation that was never recognized by Jews as perfect. Only the Hebrew is considered Scripture.
I'm aware.

In the prologue of Ecclesiasticus, from the Apocrypha, it's written, "Wherefore let me intreat you to read it with favour and attention, and to pardon us, wherein we may seem to come short of some words, which we have laboured to interpret. For the same things uttered in Hebrew, and translated into another tongue, have not the same force in them: and not only these things, but the law itself, and the prophets, and the rest of the books, have no small difference, when they are spoken in their own language."

No translation can perfectly reflect the expressions and meanings made in the original tongue. Why, even our English translations are riddled with italicized terms, phrases, and sentences, clearly indicating where the translators were unsure of the most accurate English rendering to incorporate for the Hebrew and Greek terminology. But, regardless, the Septuagint was still recognized, accepted, copied, distributed, and preserved, in the synagogues.
G_O_D wrote:
The Septuagint is on the level of a 'Chinglish' instruction manual. It was only used as a guide for Jews who didn't speek Hebrew in Egypt.
I think comparing the Greek Septuagint to Chinglish is (a tad?) erroneous. Other than that, though, you're correct. But, we must not neglect the fact that during the writing of the Septuagint and into the generation of the apostles, the Septuagint was preferred to a great degree, as (Koine) Greek was a lingua franca of the Roman Empire. It was necessary.
G_O_D wrote:
Apologetics, the fine art of making the Bible say anything we want it too and make it seem perfect.

Basically a paint job over rust. The metal is still damaged but you can't see it.
Then, an apologist I will be.

I kid you not, my friend. I can show you, by comparing one's composition against the other's, that Paul did not contradict the teachings of our anointed Savior. Unlike not a few believers that might only offer a speech without scriptural support, but with a healthy dose of circular reasoning, I can provide scriptural evidence with, maybe, a minor inclusion of deductive reasoning, if any at all.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470082 Dec 10, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>...I kid you not, my friend. I can show you, by comparing one's composition against the other's, that Paul did not contradict the teachings of our anointed Savior.....
And by the same methodology I can show that he did.

Someone once said that the Scriptures are simply a Rorschach test in words. They were absolutely right.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#470083 Dec 10, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>...I think comparing the Greek Septuagint to Chinglish is (a tad?) erroneous...
I thought it was apt hyperbole.

“Saved. ”

#470084 Dec 10, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Q:
First off I not too interested in people who deliberty set out to hurt others for little or no reason other than to entertain thereselves or commonly known as trouble makers.
Now as for myself you must admit I taken quite a zsss kickin from time from some posters been rolled in the dirt been ignored made fun of and came right back for more.You shall find most troublemakers do take tail and run and in doin so they take that yellow stripe with them.As for myself Q I have nothing to run from and no reason to run and I am still here.I plan to be here until my work for my Lord is done and then I shall move on where ever He so chooses to take me.So you see with this opinion of mine I had not reason to remember her.Have a good day God bless
Hey LW, thanks for posting this... yes, you took your lumps. All who would dare to pass thru these halls, I mean, thread... must take their share of lumps. lol, some take their lumps more than others though.

“Saved. ”

#470085 Dec 10, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good point Qu as this is much like the scenario/question that I posted a couple of times that only garnered two responses. It'll be interesting to see what type of an answer ( if any ) you'll receive here.
Yup... I don't know if you knew this, but I was surprised to learn, fairly recently, that James Cleveland was gay...

http://www.atoast2wealth.com/2012/06/16/new-h...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#470086 Dec 10, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey LW, thanks for posting this... yes, you took your lumps. All who would dare to pass thru these halls, I mean, thread... must take their share of lumps. lol, some take their lumps more than others though.
So be it,God bless

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#470087 Dec 10, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hey there Bro. Lee... be encouraged. Smile.

Jesus: "Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man."

Just because some don't receive your words does not mean that you are not speaking Christ's words... I used to think that the above saying from Jesus was only speaking of non-believers... but it is more so also talking about Believers. The servant is not above His master. Who was trying to excommunicate and kill Jesus? His own Jewish brethren, of course. Even His own 1/2 brothers didn't initially believe on Him.

So keep the faith... I know you will. Breaks my heart also. I used to believe on the other gospel. By that I mean, the once saved always saved gospel. I fought hard against the truth just like they are fighting against it. I even said that "they" were deceived because how can a father send his own son into hell? Come to find out, the scriptures gives us ample warnings. It took me about 6 months to a year from recovering from that once saved always saved disillusionment and coming to the truth in the Lord that even some Christians and other Believers (in name only), will not survive the judgement.

It's not you that they are rejecting, it's ULTIMATELY Him. Cheers!
Thank you, my Brother. I truly appreciate your encouragement.

I don't know if you caught it or not, but I had just recently explained to G_O_D that as I've witnessed and that more times than not, believers reject what I share with them because pride and/or fear overcomes logic and reason. The other reason is because...I'll get into that.

This pride derives from the believer's rejection of the mere possibility that they might be in error, or worse yet, deceived by those they('ve) trust(ed). They're far more intelligent than that, to be in error, or be deceived. And apparently, it's impossible for those that they('ve) trust(ed) to be in error, or deceived, too. If the one(s) they('ve) trust(ed) were in error, or deceived, surely they would have noticed!

This fear derives from the reluctance to change, as it seems more profitable and, sadly, easier to remain in the doctrine they've been taught.

Worse, yet, is the claim of being led by the Holy Spirit. Not one denomination of Christendom exists that doesn't make this claim! And yet, Christendom remains divided by thousands of sects and splinter groups, and not one denomination will humble itself enough to examine themselves thoroughly, to determine if they're the one in error, or not. It's always the other denominations that are in error! Ecclesiasticus 10:13 warns, "For pride is the beginning of sin."

All I ask is that my posts are answered with the same thoroughness as I answer their's. I try, to the best of my ability, to address every assertion and every quote. As far as I'm concerned, it's unprofitable to declare another wrong without providing evidence of the error, no an fact-based explanation to correct the error. If I cause contradiction, then provide evidence as to how I've caused such a foolish error! That's all I ask.

Until next time...

Shalowm, Brother.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#470089 Dec 10, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yup... I don't know if you knew this, but I was surprised to learn, fairly recently, that James Cleveland was gay...
http://www.atoast2wealth.com/2012/06/16/new-h...
I vaguely remember hearing something like this about him years ago ( but didn't ponder on it ), but not too much surprises me about these show biz people. We both know that the Holy Ghost and that of spirit can't cleave together anyway, but our OSAS believers will tell us that even if he died like that he'll be saved anyway.........>Sic<.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min bacon hater 764,286
Darren Wilson's life in Ferguson is OVER 9 min yon 11
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min confrinting with ... 554,832
Muslim Women (Dec '09) 28 min asif666 367
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min yon 39,153
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 35 min yon 4,148
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 59 min WasteWater 4,958
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 263,422
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,036
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr maikel 177

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE